The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 10:00:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Views on Keith Curle

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Views on Keith Curle  (Read 40523 times)
guest2995

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2019, 17:54:44 pm »

So what were Curle's other options - divine intervention? Get real.
The one thing you don’t do is expose two young lads playing out of position in a midfield that was already over run .
He could have put Turnbull in there and had Odoffin in the back 3.
He could have shored it up with a back 4 and brought MacWilliams on at right back or Odoffin .
He didn’t have to take Morias off who wasn’t injured .
No divine intervention needed just common sense .
Suggest you read a book about football .
Report Spam   Logged
andy scouse

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2019, 19:06:23 pm »

Thanks for your enlightening feed back on the substitute options I ignored cos I don't read the same football books as you. Off to the library next week to get that book on enlightened Northamptonians so that I don't make the same mistake again in underestimating the brain power of the me duck brigade.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2019, 11:29:50 am »

Thanks for your enlightening feed back on the substitute options I ignored cos I don't read the same football books as you. Off to the library next week to get that book on enlightened Northamptonians so that I don't make the same mistake again in underestimating the brain power of the me duck brigade.
You said he couldn’t have done anything about the team selection or substitutions .
I was pointing out where you are wrong .
He had a number of options and chose the wrong ones that cost us the game
Report Spam   Logged
guest3245

« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2019, 12:03:59 pm »

He is a great manager forour club.

His biggest failing is that he does not have a daily 3 hour conference call with all fans to explain:
1. Training Methods
2. Diet & fitness plans for the players
3. Training Targets
4. Opposition scouting reports.
5. Injury status
6. Mental & Physical capabilities of the players.
7. Proposed formation for the next game.
8. Who should play in what position given all of the above.

His next biggest failing is that he does not have a running conference call with all the fans during each match.  This would sure that:
1. He nullifies any un-planned-for threat from the opposition.
2. He capitalises on any unexpected weaknesses in the opposition.
3. The fitness of the players during the match, and their willingness and ability to follow the game plan can be explained.
4. All substitutions occur with the agreement of all fans.

If after all that, and we still lose, then, he really must be a s*** manager.

Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2019, 12:10:00 pm »

He's sh*t. Can someone buy him a jigsaw puzzle that's so difficult he has to quit football management in order to solve it?

Bang average journeyman at the very very best.

Pretty much this. He's not up to this. I was fuming when he was appointed but was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. In his first couple of weeks he dropped Buchs and then Taylor and started to win me over. But the last 2 month's have been dreadful. A win against an awful Carlisle didn't change my opinion. His game management and tactics really are a big concern. What was the length of contract that we have him? I'll be amazed if he sees it out.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
guest2090

« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2019, 13:24:38 pm »

Pretty much this. He's not up to this. I was fuming when he was appointed but was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. In his first couple of weeks he dropped Buchs and then Taylor and started to win me over. But the last 2 month's have been dreadful. A win against an awful Carlisle didn't change my opinion. His game management and tactics really are a big concern. What was the length of contract that we have him? I'll be amazed if he sees it out.

Jesus wept, so you want yet another manager sacked as he’s not up to it.  His record suggests he is capable of delivering the target I assume the board set him.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2019, 13:26:46 pm »

Jesus wept, so you want yet another manager sacked as he’s not up to it.  His record suggests he is capable of delivering the target I assume the board set him.

Well said Fernando. Some of our supporters are beyond a joke.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2019, 14:14:06 pm »

You are indeed Kingsthorpe Smiley I've not said he should be sacked. But have said I'll be amazed if he lasts his contract. Happy to be amazed at that'll mean he has done a good job  Kiss
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2019, 15:12:43 pm »

You lost any credibility with the first two words of your post!
Anyone using 'Jesus Wept' along with 'fact' is generally a t**t!
Time to change though!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2019, 15:16:19 pm »

You are indeed Kingsthorpe Smiley I've not said he should be sacked. But have said I'll be amazed if he lasts his contract. Happy to be amazed at that'll mean he has done a good job  Kiss
You'd have to get up early to ever beat Drilling for being first to play the 'sack' card! Think he's been first for every manager since and including CW!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2019, 17:14:12 pm »

I’m not calling for him to be sacked but admit it when you have seriously screwed up and don’t blame the players and ref .
Curle was at fault yesterday - end of .
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2019, 17:26:45 pm »

You lost any credibility with the first two words of your post!
Anyone using 'Jesus Wept' along with 'fact' is generally a t**t!
Time to change though!  Wink
Thats a bit odd - criticizing a fellow fan for blasphemy; then suggesting he has lost credibility. Can only assume you missed out on Special Ale from Black Sheep Brewery?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 17:29:54 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2019, 18:12:18 pm »

Bang average journeyman.

Harsh, but perhaps fair given the trajectory of his career thus far.

On the other hand, 'average' is a step up from some of the previous incumbents recently.

Unlike others I don't think he's made too many glaring errors. 5-3-2 seems eminently sensible giving the glaring lack of wingers which three successive predecessors have failed to rectify.

We missed Foley yesterday and have been missing O'Toole for a while - most League Two teams would struggle without their most experienced central midfielders. Crooks leaving has obviously exacerbated that and I doubt he had much choice in the matter. As uncomfortable as it is, I really think we need to have some patience on this one.

Given time I have confidence that he will turn us into a solid, mid-table to play-off L2 outfit - his track-record with numerous other sides at this level points to this. The question for me is whether he has the ability to take us any further.

Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2019, 18:58:34 pm »

I'm not calling for anyone's head at this point, but I do have reservations about KC. He has it far easier than previous incumbents in that his remit for this season is probably to keep us in the league. While this is by no means a given at this point, it really should be a piece of cake for even a very average manager with the players we've still got. While this lack of pressure has the positive effect of giving him room and time to experiment a little and bring on young players and take a good look at what's "in the building" as he likes to say, it seems to also be becoming an excuse for him to be able to trot out that "players are still getting used to their roles" and "we're still a work in progress" in every post match interview. The truth is that, apart from improved motivation and attitude, which has been present in most games since he came in, there has not been any real progress in the way the team is playing since his first few games in charge, which is where he picked up most of the points we have got under his management.

If he doesn't know his best team and squad by now, after the luxury of far more experimenting than most other managers would get the chance to do, I suggest that is a poor reflection on him as a manager. If he does know it, then I hope he will stop tinkering and give those players a good enough run (injury permitting) to show what they can do. It is time for him to start walking the walk.

I understand the need to offload VV and Crooks and especially Kasim, as our wage bill must be far lower as a result and it isn't feasible to hold on to so
many highly paid players at this level, especially if they aren't bring success. Nevertheless, I would hope for at least 2 more signings before the close of the window so that KC can start to put his stamp on the team as he said he would. He said he wanted Jan to start putting his stamp on the team, and if he doesn't sign anyone it will give out a very negative message to the fans. And of course he'll be able to keep blaming any failure on lack of his own players.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2019, 19:01:53 pm »

You'd have to get up early to ever beat Drilling for being first to play the 'sack' card! Think he's been first for every manager since and including CW!

Grin

I was massively late to the party with Jimmy and then Austin. I must admit to arriving early to the Page p1ss up. But then I did go to both of his infamous games...boro and Stourbridge.

For the record, I never wanted CW sacked...but I admit to being one or two games away. The rest as they say is history.

With regards to Kieth, on leaving the ground yesterday my frustration was with the chairman. WTF would you sanction 5k a week wages at league1 level, let alone league2...Crooks and KVV have both destroyed any possible movement in the transfer market for both the last 2 managers and he's now clearly cashing his chips in both on and off the pitch to make as much £££ as possible before he departs. Whether we can ride the storm, only time will tell.
Report Spam   Logged
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2019, 20:25:39 pm »

What time?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2019, 21:34:20 pm »

I am generally with the positive ones and look upon this criticism of KC as laced with hindsight. This includes the game yesterday. True he could have changed the system but he ....by and large left the defence intact. I am grateful for that as it kept the score down to 3-2.  We have so many fans so wise after the event that it is laughable. If only they were in charge.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2019, 21:42:44 pm »

I'm not calling for anyone's head at this point, but I do have reservations about KC. He has it far easier than previous incumbents in that his remit for this season is probably to keep us in the league. While this is by no means a given at this point, it really should be a piece of cake for even a very average manager with the players we've still got. While this lack of pressure has the positive effect of giving him room and time to experiment a little and bring on young players and take a good look at what's "in the building" as he likes to say, it seems to also be becoming an excuse for him to be able to trot out that "players are still getting used to their roles" and "we're still a work in progress" in every post match interview. The truth is that, apart from improved motivation and attitude, which has been present in most games since he came in, there has not been any real progress in the way the team is playing since his first few games in charge, which is where he picked up most of the points we have got under his management.

If he doesn't know his best team and squad by now, after the luxury of far more experimenting than most other managers would get the chance to do, I suggest that is a poor reflection on him as a manager. If he does know it, then I hope he will stop tinkering and give those players a good enough run (injury permitting) to show what they can do. It is time for him to start walking the walk.

I understand the need to offload VV and Crooks and especially Kasim, as our wage bill must be far lower as a result and it isn't feasible to hold on to so
many highly paid players at this level, especially if they aren't bring success. Nevertheless, I would hope for at least 2 more signings before the close of the window so that KC can start to put his stamp on the team as he said he would. He said he wanted Jan to start putting his stamp on the team, and if he doesn't sign anyone it will give out a very negative message to the fans. And of course he'll be able to keep blaming any failure on lack of his own players.

He is batting with previous incumbents players, had half of his midfield unavailable and had to off load his best two players. Of course he will tinker with players/team but most certainly would have played last Saturdays side but he couldn't.
Report Spam   Logged

bluebry

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2019, 23:08:24 pm »

Come on folks, you lot are starting to sound like our lot??
'Tinkering'
'Not knowing his best 11'
'Playing people out of position'
'Playing out from the back, but not having the players to do it'
Maybe I should 'shut up' considering you give us a right good thrashing last week, although I would hope that this was only a 'blip' on our part, (that was the only one we haven't won in our last eight), all done with at least 8 of Curles players from last season, so I suppose you could say hes 'done his homework'.
So kind of proves that he CAN spot a decent player when he sees one, but can he then mould those players into a decent team?Huh???
I'll let you decide.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2019, 08:10:10 am »

He needs to start showing some improvement and stop saying it’s work in progress . I don’t see evidence of a great deal of progress whatsoever.
We were appalling defensively on Saturday .
They could easily have had 5 or 6 if it wasn’t for poor finishing . This is Cambridge we are talking about not a team running away with the league.
Yes , we had players out but so do other teams .
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: