The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 04:57:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Views on Keith Curle

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Views on Keith Curle  (Read 40403 times)
guest3103

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2019, 16:13:14 pm »

I wouldn't even bother, mate. You'd have more success trying to educate treacle. (talking about EVERBRITE) Wink

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2019, 16:16:49 pm »

The argument should be based on your first message not hearsay from other people.  The simple fact is you as usual have over reacted to Saturdays defeat and no long winded replies will disguise that.

Cant you ever just bite your tongue and shut the f@ck up, rather than constantly sniping and trying to get one over on whomever you disagree with?

IMO this board would be a much happier place without (most of) your input.

Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest3264

« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2019, 16:22:11 pm »

Cant you ever just bite your tongue and shut the f@ck up, rather than constantly sniping and trying to get one over on whomever you disagree with?

I would even accept Everbrite taking a weeks break fom posting his 'I have a view on everything' preaching!

Will you accept the invitation Everbrite (12813 so far!)?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3103

« Reply #123 on: January 21, 2019, 16:24:37 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #124 on: January 21, 2019, 17:42:32 pm »

I would even accept Everbrite taking a weeks break fom posting his 'I have a view on everything' preaching!

Will you accept the invitation Everbrite (12813 so far!)?

I take the point it would help if others follow your advice.;
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #125 on: January 21, 2019, 17:48:39 pm »

He wasn't talking to others Wink so Lips Sealed Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3103

« Reply #126 on: January 21, 2019, 17:49:27 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #127 on: January 21, 2019, 18:23:45 pm »

When Curlio took over we were relegation fodder.

After the initial bounce where we looked like we could actually be play off candidates, we've had a clear out (honestly don't know who's decision that was but tend to think it was more about money so maybe not Curlio's doing) we've settled back to what Northampton Town FC are - a bang average L2 side.

If you think we should be more than this then I think you have to look above the manager. OK, KT came in at the right (or wrong time depending on your disposition) and together with Wilder, not only got us out the cr@p but also gave us that false hope that we could actually be something more than a club that yo-yos between the bottom two tiers.

However, KT and whoever is latest allies are, are in it for one thing - the money. Now they've learned the hard way (rather than looking at every other case where someone has tried to make money out of this club) the rug is being pulled.

So, whilst we all want the best for the club, maybe we just have to accept what we are. Accept that basically, we get one good side every 8 or 9 years a la Carr, Wilder and to a lesser extent Calderwood, Atkins and Boothroyd and just go with it.

This club is a magnet for fools who think it's going to lay them a golden egg.

Until someone comes along with a pot of gold to spend on football and not as a prelude to making on top then this is what we are.

So, my thoughts on Curlio - he's probably doing as well as can be expected and deserves time and patience to see if he can bring on some youngsters and mix them with some astute signings.

That's it really....
It's hard to disagree with this. We've had a carrot dangled of what might be possible for this club a few times only for it to be pulled away each time. Anyone remember DC's 5 year plan to get into the Championship?! My dream is to see us play at that level at least one season before I die. I'm 44 so hopefully got plenty of years to cling on to this hope, but we are really as far away from that target as we have ever been. The biggest, crying shame was how we never capitalised on the magnificent Title-winning side of 2016. At least after 1987 and 1997 and also 2006 we had hope and kept the dream alive for a bit longer before being back to mediocrity.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2019, 22:21:38 pm »

Worried about his recruitment. Three loan boys when an experienced player looking to secure a contact for next season is needed
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2019, 22:28:02 pm »

Big week for KC...

Still needs to offload several players and bring in some experience to get us to safety...

Constant tinkering not helping with any continuity whatsoever...

No idea what Odoffin has done wrong as he's a far better option than fvcking Hoskins at rwb!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2019, 23:29:01 pm »

No happy with Curle’s demeanour after the game .
Seemed quite jovial and thought we made progress .
We are going backwards Keith and playing poor football against very poor sides .
We are a terrible football team and no better than the worst teams in the division.
Shape up man . It’s not acceptable .
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #131 on: January 27, 2019, 06:46:57 am »

The man likes jigsaws.
I wondered where Cobbler78 had got to.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2019, 07:04:17 am »

No happy with Curle’s demeanour after the game .
Seemed quite jovial and thought we made progress .
We are going backwards Keith and playing poor football against very poor sides .
We are a terrible football team and no better than the worst teams in the division.
Shape up man . It’s not acceptable .

I agree, from where I sit behind the dug out it is easy to see his body language and demeanour - I appreciate that he seems to have come in with a calm and serene image (I’ve no idea if this is his thing or the way he thinks he should operate here) but yesterday in the second half he didn’t look massively bothered with a calm smile on his face. I’d like to see him a bit more animated as the players tend to reflect the manager. If we are in a mess off the pitch then I think he’s missing a trick in not trying to bring everyone together to create some kind of a siege mentality - it’s almost like he’s convinced we’re in no trouble and in the meantime someone should tell him we’re involved in a dogfight.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2019, 07:48:14 am »

I don't for a moment think KC is the cause of our our current problems but he is not helping them with constantly tinkering with the side and playing people out of their natural positions, e.g. Bridge who finally played in his normal position against Carlisle and had a blinder.  I also wonder if KC is showing signs of being delusional about his favourite pick, Hoskins, when he said in yesterday's post match interview "I'm sure when he gets that first goal he will go n a run."  Take a look at Hoskins' record and think again, Keith.  I appreciate that he is not the only player to single out for criticism, you can add D. Powell and Bowditch and others to the list of serial under-performers.  For over 3 years ever since we lost Holmes & Adams we who pay good money to watch our team have been crying out for the obvious, wide players with pace, the ability to get beyond defenders, cross the ball accurately and, yes, even score goals when golden opportunities present themselves. So, what does the management go and do but sign more conventional midfielders.

I don't think KC is being helped by the fact that Thomas has closed his (I mean Bower's) wallet and the transfer window has only 4 days to go. KC is struggling badly with his jigsaw and foundations.

Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy ride for the remainder of this dismal season.
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #134 on: January 27, 2019, 07:54:40 am »

Keith Floyd is a clown .... Got a few results playing 442 and then didnt play it again.  Talks a complete load of rubbish after then game and ive not yet heard him take any responsibility,  very good at telling us how good he is.

Would we be in a worse position no if we had stuck with Austin .... or longer term going right back to Sampson
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 27, 2019, 08:04:35 am »

Sammo was let down by his Chairman.  History has a nasty habit of repeating itself at our club.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #136 on: January 27, 2019, 08:07:09 am »

While Curle isn't great, if we had kept Austin, we would 100% have been bottom of the league and well adrift. His last game in charge at Mansfield still haunts me. It was a disgrace.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 27, 2019, 08:35:10 am »

His appointment didn’t fill me with joy, almost a journeyman steady lower league manager without a promotion on his CV.

He is operating with both his hands tied behind his back though...the wage bill has been slashed, high earners sold off and replaced by young loanees, and probably only those we can get where the parent club continues to pay the wages.

This window was/is all about cutting costs, the powers that be don’t believe we will go down, and certainly didn’t believe we would go up, so it’s a nothing season.

Having said that he tinkers for the sake of it, some of his selections and tactics are baffling, and his substitutions and game management are also obscure sometimes. Pretty much par for the course for a fourth division manager!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 27, 2019, 08:53:23 am »

While Curle isn't great, if we had kept Austin, we would 100% have been bottom of the league and well adrift. His last game in charge at Mansfield still haunts me. It was a disgrace.

Yes, no matter how bad (or good) the players were/are, they need to be believing in the manager's tactical nous and strategy. Not saying Curle is great - utterly pissed off with not only his tinkering but self praise and total lack of sharing the blame when it invariably goes wrong. However, Austin clearly did not have the players buying into him, no matter what crumbs of tactical nous he possessed!
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 27, 2019, 09:04:14 am »

Yes, no matter how bad (or good) the players were/are, they need to be believing in the manager's tactical nous and strategy. Not saying Curle is great - utterly pissed off with not only his tinkering but self praise and total lack of sharing the blame when it invariably goes wrong. However, Austin clearly did not have the players buying into him, no matter what crumbs of tactical nous he possessed!

His style of play is ok when we are winning but pretty turgid otherwise. You'd fancy him in a relegation battle though wouldn't you. Other managers would have lost that.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: