The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 06:04:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Views on Keith Curle

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Views on Keith Curle  (Read 40436 times)
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #140 on: January 27, 2019, 09:14:44 am »

I am sure that his brief on appointment was to keep the club in L2.  That is where we are as a club and that is the height of our ambition.  We can't blame Curle for our wider struggles, we can for his constant tinkering and selecting players out of position and players who constantly fail.
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2019, 12:01:42 pm »

You'd fancy him in a relegation battle though wouldn't you. Other managers would have lost that.

Not really no,  hes dragging us into one.  Other managers would have won that game yesterday, and got a point at Cambridge
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2019, 19:31:59 pm »

Curle just seems to think that we are work in progress and that poor performances are par for the course .
They are not acceptable and we are making nil progress . That’s nil .
This club and its supporters expects more . Start pulling it together Keith
Report Spam   Logged
Lukey

View Profile
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2019, 20:31:51 pm »

Steve Evans and Paul Raynor are available now, they know this division inside out like Keith.

I would rather we keep Keith, but Steve would give some of those players a kick up the rear.
Report Spam   Logged

Prejudice cannot be hidden,
Arrogance for the color of skin.
Its ugly head is here again
Racism is lurking within.

"Cynthia BuhainBaello"
guest3114

« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2019, 21:43:27 pm »

A relegated squad that was/has significant short comings, in free fall and in desperate need of an over haul. One January transfer window where it is pretty much proven that buying players at this time of year doesn’t work as the availability of decent players is severely limited. Loan signings of young players making their debut. A chairman desperate for an exit with all the agendas that brings. Despite all this we are unbeaten at home in god knows how long and have suffered 4 defeats in 24 games under Curle. Look, there’s no getting away from the fact that the performance against Morecambe was poor, and there are points of annoyance with Curlio. Whilst there’s no denying most of the posts on this subject make valid points, I just think that our expectations are a bit unrealistic at the moment?
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #145 on: January 28, 2019, 15:11:26 pm »

A relegated squad that was/has significant short comings, in free fall and in desperate need of an over haul. One January transfer window where it is pretty much proven that buying players at this time of year doesn’t work as the availability of decent players is severely limited. Loan signings of young players making their debut. A chairman desperate for an exit with all the agendas that brings. Despite all this we are unbeaten at home in god knows how long and have suffered 4 defeats in 24 games under Curle. Look, there’s no getting away from the fact that the performance against Morecambe was poor, and there are points of annoyance with Curlio. Whilst there’s no denying most of the posts on this subject make valid points, I just think that our expectations are a bit unrealistic at the moment?

I think we all know where we are at, as far as Curle is concerned, as soon has he hits upon something that works, he changes it, that's what worries me about him, 4 at the back was a success, he changed it to shoe horn Taylor in. Bridge attacking central puts in a mom performance and his best for the club , he moved him next game, Turnball did a job in midfield but he chose to throw Pollock on last week instead of Odoffin and push turnball back un midfield. We can all see his flaws, again on Saturday bizzare subs and selection , dropping our top scorer and playing someone in his position who hasn't scored this season.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #146 on: January 28, 2019, 15:42:50 pm »

Bury were in the same position....they had a squad which on paper looked decent, had spent a lot of money on players and wages, yet like us were relegated with a whimper.

What they did in the summer though was to ship out a load of under-performing players and replace them with new ones (7 players out and 11 players in), they have also released a couple, loaned four more out and brought in some decent loan signings.....and now sit up near the summit of the division.

We on the other hand made minimal changes to our under-performing and de-motivated squad.....yet are surprised we find ourselves on the edge of a relegation battle.

True, most of that is not Curles fault....his shortcomings are detailed in earlier postings, but if only we'd appointed him in the summer instead of going for the cheap option in retaining half of the failing management team we had last year I doubt we'd be in the position where we find ourselves now.

Unfortunately Curles first transfer window coincides with the time that the Chairman decides to slash costs so his hands seem tied to a great extent.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Cordwainer2

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #147 on: January 28, 2019, 15:46:04 pm »

Steve Evans and Paul Raynor are available now, they know this division inside out like Keith.

I would rather we keep Keith, but Steve would give some of those players a kick up the rear.
If Evans is ever appointed, I will hand in my season ticket.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #148 on: January 28, 2019, 16:17:10 pm »

Did you have a Hangover this morning?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest1269

« Reply #149 on: January 28, 2019, 18:45:49 pm »

100% - bad to the bone - Paul Raynor incidentally is totally useless & players at Boston called him Churchill (the dog not the man) as his only response to bully boy Evans was “oh yes” and totally incapable of offering his own opinion.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #150 on: January 28, 2019, 19:25:49 pm »

I will come and collect!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3230

« Reply #151 on: January 28, 2019, 19:27:35 pm »

Steve Evans! Christ is that what it's come to, people wishing for Steve f***ing Evans.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #152 on: January 28, 2019, 19:37:43 pm »

Steve Evans! Christ is that what it's come to, people wishing for Steve **** Evans.

?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #153 on: January 28, 2019, 19:49:09 pm »

Say what you like about Steve Evans, he commands the respect of his players.

Um, no, let's leave that one well alone, shall we....
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Teyn and proud

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 29, 2019, 18:21:49 pm »

I think I’ve worked with KC on one of the building sites ive been on cos all he mentions is pillows and foundations
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #155 on: January 30, 2019, 09:16:00 am »

If Curle loses the next three matches ?......
Report Spam   Logged
guest3230

« Reply #156 on: January 30, 2019, 09:31:32 am »

If Curle loses the next three matches ?......

He'll still be here.
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #157 on: January 30, 2019, 09:43:08 am »

Don't overly rate the guy but it's time to stick with someone for a change and back him properly both the club and fans.  He's a step up on the previous idiots....not a big step mind.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #158 on: January 30, 2019, 09:55:00 am »

Hmmmm . I’m not so sure .
KT is ruthless and we have gone nowhere .
Let’s see shall we
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #159 on: January 31, 2019, 22:34:57 pm »

Curle asked us to judge him after he gets players that fit his jigsaw .....
I’m not sure we will learn anything from this transfer window where expediency seems to be the order of the day with a host of loan players .
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: