The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 09:46:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Views on Keith Curle

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Views on Keith Curle  (Read 40519 times)
MCHammer

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #160 on: January 31, 2019, 22:41:02 pm »

Curle asked us to judge him after he gets players that fit his jigsaw .....
I’m not sure we will learn anything from this transfer window where expediency seems to be the order of the day with a host of loan players .

In fairness this window was never going to be his judgement day.  You only have to look at all the other deals to understand how difficult January is.

Window shut.  We are where we are it's time to pull together and see this season through now.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #161 on: January 31, 2019, 23:42:09 pm »

In fairness this window was never going to be his judgement day.  You only have to look at all the other deals to understand how difficult January is.

Window shut.  We are where we are it's time to pull together and see this season through now.
Agreed , the supporters have a part to play in this but the club and the manager needs to connect with us more and be a lot more transparent.
We are treated as idiots at times - just be honest with us !
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #162 on: February 01, 2019, 10:48:07 am »

I shudder to think what permutations KC can come up with around Hoskins and Taylor for Saturday's squad.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #163 on: February 01, 2019, 11:02:55 am »

I shudder to think what permutations KC can come up with around Hoskins and Taylor for Saturday's squad.

if hoskins starts this week - there really is no hope.

its like a poor mans ryan gilligan without the goals
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #164 on: February 01, 2019, 12:21:39 pm »

You tell 'em MCH ....you rell 'em!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #165 on: February 01, 2019, 16:39:30 pm »

Hmmmm . I’m not so sure .
KT is ruthless and we have gone nowhere .
Let’s see shall we

You have got to be joking. Curle took over when we had 7 points in 10 matches (were we sitting in the bottom two?) and turned it around pretty quickly.

We have been massively unfortunate with injuries recently meaning we have faced a tricky few weeks made more difficult due to the sale of Crooks and VV followed by a gap between us being able to bring in extra reinforcements. With Crooks sold and JJOT, McWilliams and Foley injured, we essentially lost our entire central midfield. This situation has harmed our form in the last few games without a doubt.

However, we have claimed 27 points in a total of 19 league matches and are still unbeaten at home under his watch.

If we claim a similar point-per-game ratio in the final 17 as we did in Curle's first 19 games, we will finish not far off 60 points. With players returning from injury and the new signings I see no reason to disbelieve that we will reach that target.

Curle is massive step-up from JED, Page, JFH and Austin IMO and he needs another year to see what he can do.

Report Spam   Logged
Trickymicky

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 01, 2019, 18:09:56 pm »

if hoskins starts this week - there really is no hope.

its like a poor mans ryan gilligan without the goals

Spot on!
Report Spam   Logged
phil

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 02, 2019, 15:44:50 pm »

Just another wanker.
Report Spam   Logged
corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #168 on: February 02, 2019, 15:54:06 pm »

His jigsaw puzzle looks further from completion than ever.

Odd team selections, and persistence with the 352.
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #169 on: February 02, 2019, 16:01:14 pm »

Jesus wept, so you want yet another manager sacked as he’s not up to it.  His record suggests he is capable of delivering the target I assume the board set him.

Think it's safe to say after the Transfer window and now today, I want him out.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #170 on: February 02, 2019, 16:11:30 pm »

You have got to be joking. Curle took over when we had 7 points in 10 matches (were we sitting in the bottom two?) and turned it around pretty quickly.

We have been massively unfortunate with injuries recently meaning we have faced a tricky few weeks made more difficult due to the sale of Crooks and VV followed by a gap between us being able to bring in extra reinforcements. With Crooks sold and JJOT, McWilliams and Foley injured, we essentially lost our entire central midfield. This situation has harmed our form in the last few games without a doubt.

However, we have claimed 27 points in a total of 19 league matches and are still unbeaten at home under his watch.

If we claim a similar point-per-game ratio in the final 17 as we did in Curle's first 19 games, we will finish not far off 60 points. With players returning from injury and the new signings I see no reason to disbelieve that we will reach that target.

Curle is massive step-up from JED, Page, JFH and Austin IMO and he needs another year to see what he can do.

Of our 27 points gained under KC, 13 came from his first 7 matches. That means we've now taken 14 points from our last 13 matches, which is relegation form. We've had injuries (like most sides) and it's true our central midfield has been hard-hit. But vV and Matt Crooks were here while we got relegated last year and left when we were well into the bottom half of the table this year so I don't see them as a great loss.

The problem is that, after a good start, his team now seems just as clueless as it did under the other managers you mention. I hope KC is a step up, but he's yet to prove it.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #171 on: February 02, 2019, 16:32:55 pm »

His insistence on playing 3-5-2 when we don't have any wing backs, I'm afraid, will cost us our League status. Today was embarrassing, In the 2nd half Goode came over and basically asked KC "What the **** is going on?" The midfield was non existent, I don't think anyone got a tackle in at all in the 2nd half. He either needs to play players in the correct positions or go, some of the things he does you wouldn't get a schoolboys teams doing.
 PS Sorry if that's too negative Gareth   Embarrassed   
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #172 on: February 02, 2019, 16:33:26 pm »

How many minutes of the season were Bristol Rovers in the bottom two when they got relegated? We need to be careful and not complacent
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #173 on: February 02, 2019, 16:46:02 pm »

How many minutes of the season were Bristol Rovers in the bottom two when they got relegated? We need to be careful and not complacent

At this stage of the season, in 2014 Bristol Rovers had 34 points from 30 games......were in 18th place.....and went down on the last day with 50 points!

And we were bottom.....with 26 points and ended up surviving with 53.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 16:49:34 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest2995

« Reply #174 on: February 02, 2019, 23:44:08 pm »

Curle staring there is a rift in the changing room is deflecting attention from himself .
No player on that bench deserves automatic selection.
He can only be referring to Buchanan , Williams and Williams . No one else except Hoskins could possibly have a voice .
The truth is , none of them have been shining lights and no one can complain at being left out .
Only Cornell , Bridge and Turnbull have a right to be in that side currently
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #175 on: February 03, 2019, 00:07:11 am »

Listening to Curle on the radio and summing up today's performance he will be gone by Easter and I've called the last tree sackings spot on.
Please please please Kelvin Thomas just fcuk off.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #176 on: February 03, 2019, 08:36:42 am »

In my opinion the man is obstinate and narccistic, a common trait in many football managers at all levels. He’s got his system and by hell or high water the players will fit into it - or don’t get selected.  Half the team will continue to play like strangers because he’ll continue to experiment with them within his system, inabling them to form any kind of rapport.  Once in a while he’ll get lucky and the selection will work, but rather than build on it, it just makes him more arrogant to experiment (moving Bridge wing back after his performance in the middle is a typical example).

He’s an intelligent manager, but can’t take criticism or accept blame.  He has a selective view of a game so doesn’t recognise (or refuses to acknowledge) the issues, as shown by his ‘fine margins’ comments yesterday.

I think we’ll stay up but probably due more to the deficiencies of other teams than anything Keith Curle does...

Report Spam   Logged
guest3103

« Reply #177 on: February 03, 2019, 09:11:13 am »

In my opinion the man is obstinate and narccistic, a common trait in many football managers at all levels. He’s got his system and by hell or high water the players will fit into it - or don’t get selected.  Half the team will continue to play like strangers because he’ll continue to experiment with them within his system, inabling them to form any kind of rapport.  Once in a while he’ll get lucky and the selection will work, but rather than build on it, it just makes him more arrogant to experiment (moving Bridge wing back after his performance in the middle is a typical example).

He’s an intelligent manager, but can’t take criticism or accept blame.  He has a selective view of a game so doesn’t recognise (or refuses to acknowledge) the issues, as shown by his ‘fine margins’ comments yesterday.

I think we’ll stay up but probably due more to the deficiencies of other teams than anything Keith Curle does...

A fine post.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #178 on: February 03, 2019, 09:39:04 am »

Curle staring there is a rift in the changing room is deflecting attention from himself .
No player on that bench deserves automatic selection.
He can only be referring to Buchanan , Williams and Williams . No one else except Hoskins could possibly have a voice .
The truth is , none of them have been shining lights and no one can complain at being left out .
Only Cornell , Bridge and Turnbull have a right to be in that side currently

Williams twice? Surely you're not suggesting Jay Williams.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #179 on: February 03, 2019, 09:52:11 am »

There is a lot of negativity towards KC at the moment - and in my opinion correctly so.

His insistence on a formation that doesn't work for the players we have, playing Taylor when the statistics of performance with or without are compelling, bizarre substitutions and favoring the likes of Powell over better players has been discussed at length here.

Of course we will get the "voices of reason" that say who are we to judge a professional football manager with years of experience - well my answer to that one is close to Buster's comments - tactical ability is only one aspect of a successful manager but character and people management being a much larger part. Currently KC is clearly seriously failing on that - however given our 2 year track record this clearly goes deeper than the simple ability of the actual manager - something is seriously wrong at our football club - KC in my opinion is never going to take this club forward but his inevitable departure will change nothing until we have a fundamental change on the heart (ownership) of our football club.  
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: