The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 09:24:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Views on Keith Curle

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Views on Keith Curle  (Read 40511 times)
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #240 on: February 11, 2019, 11:40:28 am »

Reactive  Grin. Couple of decent results tel, that's it

Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #241 on: February 11, 2019, 11:52:54 am »

The only reason Id change manager this season is if we get embroiled in a battle to stay up. 4 points or less from the bottom 2 is where my line is.

Stay above that, he gets the summer to rebuild things.

Last week was a huge week. Macclesfield only got 1 point at home, we took 4 points away. If we can beat Crawley on Saturday and Macclesfield lose, we are pretty much into pre-season territory with 13 games left to play!
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 11, 2019, 11:59:20 am »

The only reason Id change manager this season is if we get embroiled in a battle to stay up. 4 points or less from the bottom 2 is where my line is.

Stay above that, he gets the summer to rebuild things.

Last week was a huge week. Macclesfield only got 1 point at home, we took 4 points away. If we can beat Crawley on Saturday and Macclesfield lose, we are pretty much into pre-season territory with 13 games left to play!

Appointing a manager has to go beyond keeping us up. Is the 3-5-2 something to build around long term? Does Curle have the ability and  tactical flexibility to worry league 1. His record suggests possibly not. Unless the bar is set higher we could be in a situation a year or so down the line with Curle gone and everything having to be ripped up again. One of the benefits of giving him a short term deal is space for a lucid appraisal of his performance which goes beyond the low bar of League 2 survival.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #243 on: February 11, 2019, 12:21:31 pm »

If the season had started started at the start of october when Curle started, we would currently be just outside the play-offs in around 9-10th. That considering we kept the majority of a failing squad and have since got rid of our 2 best players is quite a decent start. Im happy with what he's done so far even with some baffling decisions/the odd negative set up. After 21 games next season is where we should see how good/bad a job he has done with more of his own team.
I doubt this very much
I don’t think he has got much more out of the team than anyone else has .
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #244 on: February 11, 2019, 12:49:18 pm »

Appointing a manager has to go beyond keeping us up. Is the 3-5-2 something to build around long term? Does Curle have the ability and  tactical flexibility to worry league 1. His record suggests possibly not. Unless the bar is set higher we could be in a situation a year or so down the line with Curle gone and everything having to be ripped up again. One of the benefits of giving him a short term deal is space for a lucid appraisal of his performance which goes beyond the low bar of League 2 survival.

His deal is to the end of next season - I wouldn’t exactly call that particularly short term. The proof will be in the pudding - if he’s given the opportunity to build a squad around the likes of Pierre, Turnbull and bridge and incorporates the youngsters in then he will have half a chance.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #245 on: February 11, 2019, 13:03:21 pm »

I doubt this very much

What do you doubt about it? 31 points after 21 games is 9-10th which is exactly where Exeter/Stevenage were after 21 games this season with 31 points.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #246 on: February 11, 2019, 18:10:12 pm »

What do you doubt about it? 31 points after 21 games is 9-10th which is exactly where Exeter/Stevenage were after 21 games this season with 31 points.
Because I look at performances and not statistics . I would say our rightful position in the table is about 16th to 18th . There’s no way we are currently a top 10 side .
We struggled to draw with Morecambe and got well outplayed by Cambridge !
Ok we got a result against Tranmere with a smash and grab and held on against 10 man Lincoln but we are scraping by .
It will all depend on who we recruit in the summer and if the young lads come through or not .
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 11, 2019, 19:38:55 pm »

Ok,
You can look at performances = Subjective. (I even agree with you that we don't look like a top 10 side)
However
The stats and more importantly the results = Facts.

So quite clearly, no matter what anyone thinks. Under Curle at the minute we are a top 10 side.

Please dont argue against and dispute facts. Boris and Rees-Mogg might get away with it, but you can't.
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #248 on: February 11, 2019, 19:50:52 pm »

I doubt this very much

Just nonsense.

Austin = 7 points from 10 matches. Extrapolated for the whole season  = Bottom of the table finish

Curle = 31 points from 21 matches. Extrapolated for the whole season = 7-10th in the table finish.

And Curle didn't have the whole summer to prepare as Austin did.

Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 11, 2019, 19:57:31 pm »

Because I look at performances and not statistics . I would say our rightful position in the table is about 16th to 18th . There’s no way we are currently a top 10 side .
We struggled to draw with Morecambe and got well outplayed by Cambridge !
Ok we got a result against Tranmere with a smash and grab and held on against 10 man Lincoln but we are scraping by .
It will all depend on who we recruit in the summer and if the young lads come through or not .

As usual you cherry pick facts to fit your thesis.

'We got well outplayed by Cambridge'
- why don't you take into account we were decimated by injuries which quite clearly effected out performance? We suffered in the Morecambe game for very similar reasons.

'Ok we got a result against Tranmere'
- That's all you can say about that match? It stands to reason that as players have returned from injury the performances have improved.

But we are scraping by - Again just ridiculous. Now players are returning from injuries I feel we are looking pretty strong again. The bench looked decent on Saturday and there are still others out injured, such as Foley and Cox.

I still believe we will finish in the top 10.
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 11, 2019, 19:59:04 pm »

Ok,
You can look at performances = Subjective. (I even agree with you that we don't look like a top 10 side)
However
The stats and more importantly the results = Facts.

So quite clearly, no matter what anyone thinks. Under Curle at the minute we are a top 10 side.

Please dont argue against and dispute facts. Boris and Rees-Mogg might get away with it, but you can't.

I've argued Curle's performance has been decent on here a number of times, and listed facts as you have, but it's a losing battle with many.

I maintain if he had been in charge since the summer we would be in with a chance of the play-offs this season.

We have a fairly decent run of games from here on in and I fancy us to finish strongly and have a good chance of finishing in the top 10.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #251 on: February 11, 2019, 20:47:07 pm »

We can all agree to disagree and I certainly don’t hold it against anyone that has a different opinion to me.
However , whatever way you spin it , we are not a top 10 side currently .
Yes , there have been injuries but all teams have those and we could have fielded better teams and formations against both Cambridge and Morecambe .
We had a good side out against Colchester and got thumped .
That’s before you even start to examine the form over Christmas and the new year .
I dont want to knock the side or the manager too much but don’t hide behind statistics when I can see with my own eyes what level we are on the pitch .
I love the Cobblers but I can’t be as enthusiastic as you are right now
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 11, 2019, 21:33:31 pm »

You have missed the point I was making completely just to create a discussion/arguement on something you believe you are right about.
We can all see we are 16th in the actual table. This is a conversation about 'since curle' and thats all it ever was.

I'll just leave this here:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-two/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB4?saison_id=2018&min=11&max=33

That proves that since Curle arrived we are a top 10 side. 10th. We are 10th. Top 10.

Please don't argue with fact.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #253 on: February 11, 2019, 21:56:08 pm »

You have missed the point I was making completely just to create a discussion/arguement on something you believe you are right about.
We can all see we are 16th in the actual table. This is a conversation about 'since curle' and thats all it ever was.

I'll just leave this here:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-two/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB4?saison_id=2018&min=11&max=33

That proves that since Curle arrived we are a top 10 side. 10th. We are 10th. Top 10.

Please don't argue with fact.
The table doesn’t prove anything , but I am not going to argue over supposition .
My view is that we are not a top 10 side .
We are not better than 14 teams in this league .
To be honest , it doesn’t really matter - it’s all about next season .
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 11, 2019, 22:11:16 pm »

The table doesn’t prove anything , but I am not going to argue over supposition .
My view is that we are not a top 10 side .

The table is proof  Roll Eyes proof that at this point in time under Curle we are 10th....
and yet again you are still changing the subject of the conversation.

You've just contradicted yourself.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #255 on: February 13, 2019, 18:33:09 pm »

The table is proof  Roll Eyes proof that at this point in time under Curle we are 10th....
and yet again you are still changing the subject of the conversation.

You've just contradicted yourself.  Grin

You're right in that facts are facts. However, we have been inconsisitent under Curle and he hasn't been totally convincing as a manager. He doesn't seem to have a clear idea of his best team or formation after over twenty matches. His tinkering in both areas has been the only consistent factor and this has not always been due to injuries. This was acceptable for perhaps half a dozen matches while he got to know his players, but he has continued it. Even the players just signed are in one week and out the next.
Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #256 on: February 14, 2019, 06:21:51 am »

Bloody hell, what nonsense and exactly why the world is fcuked by Trump and Brexit. Looking at the evidence presented WE WRE A TOP 10 TEAM IF LOOKING AT THE STATS FROM WHEN CURLE JOINED. Who would have thought it, but we clearly are. Let’s move on and all see if we can achieve the important thing - a top ten FINISH!
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 14, 2019, 06:38:15 am »

As B&S has alluded to elsewhere it will be very interesting to see what team he puts out on Saturday on the back of 2 improved, backs to the wall, defensive away games with a lone forward. Will he go with the same which would be pretty negative for a home game or will he change it again?
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #258 on: February 14, 2019, 07:28:42 am »

As B&S has alluded to elsewhere it will be very interesting to see what team he puts out on Saturday on the back of 2 improved, backs to the wall, defensive away games with a lone forward. Will he go with the same which would be pretty negative for a home game or will he change it again?

To be honest if he goes with 1 up front and we win I will be happy. At this point in time I see it as all about getting the points on the board so we are safe. Then after that start looking at who you want to keep for next season and how we play for next season. We have had nearly 3 seasons of crap football and getting beat left, right and centre I just want to see a few wins. The nice positive football can come after that.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 14, 2019, 07:33:16 am »

To be honest if he goes with 1 up front and we win I will be happy. At this point in time I see it as all about getting the points on the board so we are safe. Then after that start looking at who you want to keep for next season and how we play for next season. We have had nearly 3 seasons of crap football and getting beat left, right and centre I just want to see a few wins. The nice positive football can come after that.

For what it’s worth I agree entirely, I don’t care how we play at this point as long as we get results, then it’s time for KC to start planning for next season.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: