The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 04:09:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Views on Keith Curle

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Views on Keith Curle  (Read 40390 times)
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #280 on: February 17, 2019, 07:54:02 am »

My opinion on curle is that he will do the job he came into the club to achieve (keep us in the league).

But is not the man to take us forward - and of season parting of ways maybe the best outcome.
Report Spam   Logged
BMON

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 17, 2019, 10:13:03 am »

My opinion on curle is that he will do the job he came into the club to achieve (keep us in the league).

But is not the man to take us forward - and of season parting of ways maybe the best outcome.

yep thats the plan,

Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #282 on: February 17, 2019, 10:18:03 am »

Let’s face it ,it’s not the hardest job in the world keeping us up with a decent budget and some rank teams in the division.
He’s doing a bang average job in my view and has an awful lot of work to do for it to improve . I have no confidence in him for next season at all .
The bloke is full of sh*t
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #283 on: February 17, 2019, 10:51:40 am »

Blames others,  bigs up himself,  makes sh1t jokes that only he laughs at.

Complete fraud who fails to do the basics.  The only real plus of his reign so far is Charlie Goode
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #284 on: February 17, 2019, 19:15:00 pm »

Blames others,  bigs up himself,  makes sh1t jokes that only he laughs at.

Complete fraud who fails to do the basics.  The only real plus of his reign so far is Charlie Goode

Don't want him gone...we've had enough of that quite recently!
Nevertheless, think everything you say is spot on... though must have missed his jokes!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #285 on: February 17, 2019, 19:22:05 pm »

In Keith Curle's defence he has done two things in recent games which have helped to improve results, if not entirely inspiring football. He has played  more physical midfield players, meaning we are not getting bullied anymore. This was fundamental after the Cambridge and Morecambe games and being phsically competitive is a must in this division. He has also tinkered less for the last 3 games, injury permitting. Whether or not we agree with the current formation, at least it gives the players more chance to build understanding.

I'm confident that continuing this approach will be enough to keep us up, but I haven't yet seen signs that KC can take us on a promotion charge next season. Our 2 new midfielders have looked pretty average so far (I'd take Sam Foley over both of them) and unfortunately Cox and Sordell have hardly played due to injury. Only Goode so far has clearly looked the part.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #286 on: February 17, 2019, 19:34:58 pm »

What was it about KCs CV that suggested we were going to be anything more than this when he got the job, especially with this squad? It’s not an excuse because the last 2 home performances have been underwhelming to say the least, but even so? The problem is that his methods with regards to tinkering are controversial, therefore if it doesn’t produce results and or performances then he’s just asking for it. As unpalatable as it is, I just feel that the current points tally and position is probably the best we could have realistically hoped for? The real dilemma is do you a) give him the opportunity to rebuild the squad in the summer or b) give it to someone untested and tried? Seems harsh because I think he has done what could have been reasonably expected in terms of results, but the net result is that confidence in him to take the club forward has unquestionably been affected.
Report Spam   Logged
AbingtonCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 17, 2019, 19:42:03 pm »

Chris Wilder would have been ‘at em’

No way would he have set us up for a draw before the ball is kicked.

It is an entertainment business and the fans are being let down in this respect.

I have never been so bored watching live sport.

Please entertain us.  You know I don’t mind losing if it’s a good game and we have had a go.

Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #288 on: February 17, 2019, 21:24:20 pm »

Yesterday was a right old turgid game, left me wondering why I bother. However, how many of us would have preferred to see us lose an entertaining game 2-3 rather than 'gain' another point?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #289 on: February 17, 2019, 21:41:53 pm »

Next time you go into a game with the sole intention not to concede a goal Mr Curle , can you tell the fans in advance so that we can make the decision whether to bother turning up or not .
He’s not connecting to the fans at all and I’m not sure he’s bothered
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #290 on: February 17, 2019, 22:13:27 pm »

Yesterday was a right old turgid game, left me wondering why I bother. However, how many of us would have preferred to see us lose an entertaining game 2-3 rather than 'gain' another point?

Precisely; we all know it was a disappointing game but the defence was ok, as was Cornell. We also gained a point! Some on here seem intent on committing mass self harm. I also deplore the recent abuse of KC; who would if any of them would like to take his place and suffer the same OTT abuse.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 22:38:40 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 17, 2019, 22:26:27 pm »

Chris Wilder would have been ‘at em’

Really ..............its funny that I can remember a spell in CW's reign that he was subjected to a degree of 'get rid', 'clueless tactics' and so on. I can also remember the loss against Dagenham with a display not too dissimiliar to yesterdays effort.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 22:45:34 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

guest3114

« Reply #292 on: February 17, 2019, 23:09:26 pm »

It goes without saying that supporters have every right to demand that they are entertained. The issue with this is that it is directly at odds with the remit of a manager who’s business it is to get results. In fairness to KC his issue is that we have been in free fall for a couple of years and to expect a significant turnaround following a few months and a January transfer window is a bit unrealistic. For him grinding out results and getting us to limp across the line if necessary is his primary goal and he would be a fool to martyr himself on the back of some gung ho philosophy. Not what we want to hear, but given his job is on the line it’s understandable if not frustrating. IMO the problem comes down to the quality of the squad. Most of us on here have been supporters for many a year. Hand on heart if you were to give each player a mark out of 10 as a professional footballer at this level what would you give the individuals in our squad? Looking back at our squads that were successful they were littered with 8s & 9s and even the odd 10. IMO this one in the main has 6s & 7s with 1 or possibly 2 8s at a push. I don’t think we have any particularly rubbish players just far too many that are “ok” and that is the real problem facing us at the moment. Because we have been too mediocre too often KCs somewhat controversial methods aren’t going to do him any favours. But I feel that it’s a bit of an irrelevant issue because it isn’t the root cause of our problems that have been on going for a few seasons, and that is p1ss poor recruitment that has left us short on certain missing qualities for too long.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 17, 2019, 23:21:33 pm »

It goes without saying that supporters have every right to demand that they are entertained. The issue with this is that it is directly at odds with the remit of a manager who’s business it is to get results. In fairness to KC his issue is that we have been in free fall for a couple of years and to expect a significant turnaround following a few months and a January transfer window is a bit unrealistic. For him grinding out results and getting us to limp across the line if necessary is his primary goal and he would be a fool to martyr himself on the back of some gung ho philosophy. Not what we want to hear, but given his job is on the line it’s understandable if not frustrating. IMO the problem comes down to the quality of the squad. Most of us on here have been supporters for many a year. Hand on heart if you were to give each player a mark out of 10 as a professional footballer at this level what would you give the individuals in our squad? Looking back at our squads that were successful they were littered with 8s & 9s and even the odd 10. IMO this one in the main has 6s & 7s with 1 or possibly 2 8s at a push. I don’t think we have any particularly rubbish players just far too many that are “ok” and that is the real problem facing us at the moment. Because we have been too mediocre too often KCs somewhat controversial methods aren’t going to do him any favours. But I feel that it’s a bit of an irrelevant issue because it isn’t the root cause of our problems that have been on going for a few seasons, and that is p1ss poor recruitment that has left us short on certain missing qualities for too long.

I hope the 'Jonahs' on here read Mellys post above as it is a reasonable summary of the current day situation. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 23:23:19 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Quintonside

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #294 on: February 18, 2019, 08:19:59 am »

I find him really arrogant.

Having said that, I found Wilder arrogant  Grin

Difference is Wilder knew what he was doing and had did convert his objectives to the fans. He also held up his hands when it didn’t work. (Mansfield away)

You can see why both Curle held a job down at Carlisle for so long, but also why their fans don’t hold him in high regard.

Perhaps we should try getting some more defenders on the pitch  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Member since 2013, 4 years trying to unlock the account and find password. Back in full swing May 2017
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #295 on: February 18, 2019, 08:30:38 am »

If his brief was to survive the threat of relegation then he’s achieving that.
If it was also to try and offset the reduction in income following relegation then he’s also achieved that by offloading Crooks, Van Veen and Kasim. I couldn’t see the rationale in letting Oddofin leave though.

As his contract is only until the end of the season I’d be suprised and disappointed if it was extended for next year.

There is, yet again, major reconstruction needed for this squad and although he knows the division I doubt he will move us forward in footballing or entertainment.

I’ll probably renew as it’s what I do on a Saturday but it’s a closer decision than usual for me.
Apathy reigns
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
guest3063

« Reply #296 on: February 18, 2019, 09:22:15 am »

If his brief was to survive the threat of relegation then he’s achieving that.
If it was also to try and offset the reduction in income following relegation then he’s also achieved that by offloading Crooks, Van Veen and Kasim. I couldn’t see the rationale in letting Oddofin leave though.

As his contract is only until the end of the season I’d be suprised and disappointed if it was extended for next year.

There is, yet again, major reconstruction needed for this squad and although he knows the division I doubt he will move us forward in footballing or entertainment.

I’ll probably renew as it’s what I do on a Saturday but it’s a closer decision than usual for me.
Apathy reigns

Curle is under contract next season aswell.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #297 on: February 18, 2019, 10:36:23 am »

Maybe I was hoping it was the end of this season!
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 18, 2019, 10:57:50 am »

Agree with above but don't see him going anywhere at end of season.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #299 on: February 18, 2019, 11:08:04 am »

In this league you have to play with a target man. Most footballers default position when under pressure at level is to go long. Cornell early on in the game went long to a tiny centre forward. He changed after a while and tried to hit Goode because it wasn't working with Sam. This is where I just can't believe his selection at home when the onus is to attack. I get it more away from home but even then a more physical hold play is needed to relieve the pressure and get other players into the game. Did anybody else hear the ironic cheers when Andy Williams headed the ball when he came on? I have to question what the hell is he thinking?

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: