The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 03:24:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Views on Keith Curle

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Views on Keith Curle  (Read 40366 times)
guest48

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #300 on: February 18, 2019, 11:13:17 am »

. I also deplore the recent abuse of KC; who would if any of them would like to take his place and suffer the same OTT abuse.
Evers, you seem struggle between what is abuse, and what is critisism about his ability to do his job. There are lots of people who are questioning that but I really haven't seen anything I would class as abuse
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #301 on: February 18, 2019, 11:16:40 am »

I think the defeat to Cambridge and the 4.0 at home to Colchester made Curle refocus and just avoid any further defeat at all costs in case we slipped into a relegation fight .
This has been at the expense of any entertainment, forward planning or desire to win a game of football.
He has said as much in his interviews .
Fine , but don’t expect people to turn up and watch that type of football without complaint . It also means we are not building for next season and just treading water .
It would be quite nice if the plan moving forward could be shared at some point .
Report Spam   Logged
canvey cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 18, 2019, 17:07:12 pm »

Judge him at Xmas next season, don't think he could get the type of players he wants in the transfer window just gone so got in a few loans to bridge the gap.  Maybe a couple of them will come good and could be permanant signings in the summer. I think you will see a good few both in and out this summer.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #303 on: February 18, 2019, 17:50:55 pm »

Judge him at Xmas next season, don't think he could get the type of players he wants in the transfer window just gone so got in a few loans to bridge the gap.  Maybe a couple of them will come good and could be permanant signings in the summer. I think you will see a good few both in and out this summer.
The same tiring excuses are trotted out for each new manager appointment..."not his players blah blah"
You really think there are a set of fantastic players just lining up to sign for Mysterious Master Curle???
The old adage 'A good workman doesn't blame his tools' does to a fair extent, also apply to football managers!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 18, 2019, 17:54:41 pm »

I think the defeat to Cambridge and the 4.0 at home to Colchester made Curle refocus and just avoid any further defeat at all costs in case we slipped into a relegation fight .
This has been at the expense of any entertainment, forward planning or desire to win a game of football.
He has said as much in his interviews .
Fine , but don’t expect people to turn up and watch that type of football without complaint . It also means we are not building for next season and just treading water .
It would be quite nice if the plan moving forward could be shared at some point .
Jack of Titanic fame springs to mind!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 18, 2019, 18:12:29 pm »

All this, as I glance at the TV...and see JFH being interviewed!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #306 on: February 18, 2019, 18:14:47 pm »

All this, as I glance at the TV...and see JFH being interviewed!  Grin

Expert analysis Wink Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BMON

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 18, 2019, 18:35:11 pm »

Really ..............its funny that I can remember a spell in CW's reign that he was subjected to a degree of 'get rid', 'clueless tactics' and so on. I can also remember the loss against Dagenham with a display not too dissimiliar to yesterdays effort.

You seem to have views and opinions which fly in the face of courtesy and common sense.
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #308 on: February 18, 2019, 18:37:15 pm »

He is absolutely right.

That Dagenham game was the final straw for the majority of posters on here. They wanted him out.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #309 on: February 18, 2019, 18:39:04 pm »

Evers, you seem struggle between what is abuse, and what is critisism about his ability to do his job. There are lots of people who are questioning that but I really haven't seen anything I would class as abuse

Couple of examples:

He's sh*t. ....................  Jan

The bloke is full of sh*t .. Feb

Lot of near the mark comments - always happens after a poor result!

I've seen you get irate on here on far less!

Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #310 on: February 18, 2019, 18:43:10 pm »

You seem to have views and opinions which fly in the face of courtesy and common sense.

Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
canvey cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 19, 2019, 05:38:57 am »

So what would you do then coolcat? Sack yet another manager after just 6mths. Or give the bloke a chance to bring in a few of his own players. And no a good workman doesn't blame his tools but he is using borrowed tools!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 19, 2019, 06:17:36 am »

KC looks like he will do what was he brought in to do, keep us in L2.  But it is far from good viewing and a lot of loyal supporters are hacked off, especially with the Sixfields performances.  Crawley was dire but only the latest in a long series of depressingly poor home matches.  Hardly, the stuff to stimulate optimism (and season ticket sales) for next season.

KC is walking a fine line with supporters. I can understand where he is coming from but to say he was 'happy" with a 0-0 draw with mighty Crawley sticks in the gullet.  His failure to bring on Williams & Morias much earlier was a red rag to Cobblers' supporters.  I see he is also saying he needs more than one transfer window to get things right. What we have seen from the January transfer window, Goode excepted, does not inspire confidence.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #313 on: February 19, 2019, 07:12:20 am »

Couple of examples:

He's sh*t. ....................  Jan

The bloke is full of sh*t .. Feb

Lot of near the mark comments - always happens after a poor result!

I've seen you get irate on here on far less!

Hardly dogs abuse if that’s all you could find as evidence !
KC is getting an easy ride bearing in mind the below average job he is doing .
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #314 on: February 19, 2019, 07:24:29 am »

What we have seen from the January transfer window, Goode excepted, does not inspire confidence.

I don't think we have done as badly as you make, although it is early days so I may be proved wrong.

Goode - Seems decent at this level, had an amazing game on Saturday. Looks prone to a howler but mainly due to flying 110% into everything. Consensus seems this is Curle's best signing.

Sordell - Looked like a bit of a coup and showed signs of class when he played, but obviously lacking match fitness/sharpness. A gamble (due to his injury) that may pay off, and at least with Williams/Morias/Hoskins we are not short whilst he regains fitness. Jury is out for now.

Elsnik - Rave reviews at Mansfield, rated by his home club and seemed a bit odd he would come here. Had a very decent first half of football for us but since then has largely been missing. Is this due to being in the wrong position or just flattered to deceive in a decent Mansfield side? Again, jury is out for me.

Powell - First of the "poor" signings. Doesn't help that Curle insists on playing him on the right, despite Joe telling us that he plays on the left. Very lightweight at this level, it shows that he hasn't played above U23 but maybe he will get used to it? Will have to quickly. Decent set piece deliver but not much else. Poor signing for what we needed.

Cox - The heralded LWB that we clamoured for, performed well before getting injured. Rumours that he is out for the season which would be just our luck, but that is not on KC as can you imagine the noise if we signed two LWB's and didn't use one! I would say a decent signing, just unlucky that he got injured so quickly and so badly.

I don't think KC's signings have been quite as bad as you think, and we know he wasn't allowed to spend any money really either due the current financial situation.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #315 on: February 19, 2019, 07:53:57 am »

I think that’s a pretty fair summary of the new “signings” - the biggest disappointment by far is Elsnik who came with a decent pedigree and had a good first half against Colchester but since then has been completely anonymous. As with joe Powell with the situation we are in we can’t afford passengers and hopefully for the Stevenage game Turnbull and foley will be back.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 19, 2019, 07:57:28 am »

None of the players mentioned are our assets nor likely to be at the club in the medium term. Meanwhile, the star u-18's barely get an inroad.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #317 on: February 19, 2019, 09:40:37 am »

I don't think we have done as badly as you make, although it is early days so I may be proved wrong.

Goode - Seems decent at this level, had an amazing game on Saturday. Looks prone to a howler but mainly due to flying 110% into everything. Consensus seems this is Curle's best signing.

Sordell - Looked like a bit of a coup and showed signs of class when he played, but obviously lacking match fitness/sharpness. A **** (due to his injury) that may pay off, and at least with Williams/Morias/Hoskins we are not short whilst he regains fitness. Jury is out for now.

Elsnik - Rave reviews at Mansfield, rated by his home club and seemed a bit odd he would come here. Had a very decent first half of football for us but since then has largely been missing. Is this due to being in the wrong position or just flattered to deceive in a decent Mansfield side? Again, jury is out for me.

Powell - First of the "poor" signings. Doesn't help that Curle insists on playing him on the right, despite Joe telling us that he plays on the left. Very lightweight at this level, it shows that he hasn't played above U23 but maybe he will get used to it? Will have to quickly. Decent set piece deliver but not much else. Poor signing for what we needed.

Cox - The heralded LWB that we clamoured for, performed well before getting injured. Rumours that he is out for the season which would be just our luck, but that is not on KC as can you imagine the noise if we signed two LWB's and didn't use one! I would say a decent signing, just unlucky that he got injured so quickly and so badly.

I don't think KC's signings have been quite as bad as you think, and we know he wasn't allowed to spend any money really either due the current financial situation.

When you sign players like Sordell and Cox that have been out of action for so long , it is likely they will pick up injuries again and so it’s a massive gamble to take them on .
Powell gives nothing that our own under 18s can’t give and is a waste of a signing .
Goode is a seasoned pro and surprise surprise is the one that stands out .
It gives me no confidence in Curle for next season at all .
Why has Andy williams fallen out of favour ?
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #318 on: February 19, 2019, 09:43:50 am »

When you sign players like Sordell and Cox that have been out of action for so long , it is likely they will pick up injuries again and so it’s a massive **** to take them on .
Powell gives nothing that our own under 18s can’t give and is a waste of a signing .

There were rumours of Williams going to Salford in January weren't there? Now he seems to be out of favour with Curle. I am thinking maybe either Williams wanted out and the deal didn't go through or Curle wanted him out but Williams didn't want to go.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #319 on: February 19, 2019, 10:04:15 am »

When you sign players like Sordell and Cox that have been out of action for so long , it is likely they will pick up injuries again and so it’s a massive **** to take them on .

Sordell maybe, but Cox had heart surgery and had been playing for the U23's I thought? Agreed on Powell though.

No idea on Williams, beggars belief that our top scorer sits on the bench when we lack goals. Even if the rumours about Salford are true either way, we should be utilising him and Morias.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: