The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 02:26:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Views on Keith Curle

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Views on Keith Curle  (Read 40337 times)
just.reading

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #320 on: February 19, 2019, 10:06:18 am »

There were rumours of Williams going to Salford in January weren't there? Now he seems to be out of favour with Curle. I am thinking maybe either Williams wanted out and the deal didn't go through or Curle wanted him out but Williams didn't want to go.

Williams scored 8 in 10 games from mid-Oct to the end of December. He then failed to score in three starts and has been benched for 5 games in a row, failing to come on in two of those and then obviously only had 5 mins against Crawley on Saturday.

With van Veen and Crooks being sold he is our top scorer with 8 goals which is double the next two players; Morias and Pierre(!)

He's the only natural goal scorer we have and needs to be played. I don't know why he'd been dropped but he needs to come back in asap.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #321 on: February 19, 2019, 10:07:51 am »

None of the players mentioned are our assets nor likely to be at the club in the medium term. Meanwhile, the star u-18's barely get an inroad.

Roberts came on as first sub on Saturday.

Other than J Williams are any of the others ready?
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #322 on: February 19, 2019, 10:09:11 am »

He's the only natural goal scorer we have and needs to be played.

Disagree that A Williams is our only natural goal scorer. I think Morias looks like he is a bigger threat if anything, he's certainly a real pest in respect of occupying defenders.
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 19, 2019, 10:14:39 am »

Disagree that A Williams is our only natural goal scorer. I think Morias looks like he is a bigger threat if anything, he's certainly a real pest in respect of occupying defenders.

Not saying Morias doesn't give defenders something to think about (just like Hoskins does) but I think Williams is the only one I feel confident will put a chance away given the opportunity. His good run of form seems to have been rewarded with time on the bench.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #324 on: February 19, 2019, 10:34:15 am »

Not saying Morias doesn't give defenders something to think about (just like Hoskins does) but I think Williams is the only one I feel confident will put a chance away given the opportunity. His good run of form seems to have been rewarded with time on the bench.

I think Hoskins is playing for 2 reasons, 1 the counter and 2 for his defensive work to stop the rot.

I would have done similar on Saturday but probably would have brought on Williams earlier.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #325 on: February 19, 2019, 10:51:27 am »

I think Hoskins is playing for 2 reasons, 1 the counter and 2 for his defensive work to stop the rot.

I would have done similar on Saturday but probably would have brought on Williams earlier.

Reasonable comment; regarding Williams (A )there is clearly an apparent issue between him and KC. Otherwise he would have been on much sooner on Saturday. Must admit have been a little disappointed with Williams overall displays particularly in away games.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 19, 2019, 10:52:36 am »

No
Report Spam   Logged

just.reading

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 19, 2019, 11:08:21 am »

Or start with both?
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #328 on: February 19, 2019, 11:18:37 am »

No

Based on?

Camron McWilliams certainly looked useful in pre-season, and in my opinion is worthy of the backup role with Facey injured or Goode in a back three.
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #329 on: February 19, 2019, 11:19:50 am »

Williams scored 8 in 10 games from mid-Oct to the end of December. He then failed to score in three starts and has been benched for 5 games in a row, failing to come on in two of those and then obviously only had 5 mins against Crawley on Saturday.

With van Veen and Crooks being sold he is our top scorer with 8 goals which is double the next two players; Morias and Pierre(!)

He's the only natural goal scorer we have and needs to be played. I don't know why he'd been dropped but he needs to come back in asap.

Completely agree, which is why i am thinking its a more personal thing between him and Curle rather than football related reasons. Just speculation from my side though...
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: February 19, 2019, 11:22:34 am »

The centre back on loan at St Neots. Played more men's games than any of the others. Very tall, left-footed, brave and can play a bit. No sign of him getting a chance. Not sure he is in KC's plans. That goes for a few others. Doesn't matter how highly they are thought of in the academy, KC has final decision. If he doesn't rate them, they will be released in the near future.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #331 on: February 19, 2019, 12:04:27 pm »

What I am puzzled by is the fact that the young lads we bring in from other clubs don’t appear to be any better than the ones we have in our own academy .
That’s not just this season , it seems to be a pattern .
Is Powell really any better than Williams for example ?
Was Poole any better than MacWilliams last season ?
Is Cox so much better than Cameron MacWilliams ?
A lot of it is down to first team experience I think .
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 19, 2019, 12:22:00 pm »

The centre back on loan at St Neots. Played more men's games than any of the others. Very tall, left-footed, brave and can play a bit. No sign of him getting a chance. Not sure he is in KC's plans. That goes for a few others. Doesn't matter how highly they are thought of in the academy, KC has final decision. If he doesn't rate them, they will be released in the near future.

And therein lies the problem.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #333 on: February 19, 2019, 12:43:50 pm »

We played a lot of kids against Cambridge and they got a rude welcome to Mens football.

It has to be a gradual process.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 19, 2019, 13:17:57 pm »

Based on?

Camron McWilliams certainly looked useful in pre-season, and in my opinion is worthy of the backup role with Facey injured or Goode in a back three.

I forgot about his brother, apologies!
Report Spam   Logged

Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 19, 2019, 13:42:55 pm »

What I am puzzled by is the fact that the young lads we bring in from other clubs don’t appear to be any better than the ones we have in our own academy .
That’s not just this season , it seems to be a pattern .
Is Powell really any better than Williams for example ?
Was Poole any better than MacWilliams last season ?
Is Cox so much better than Cameron MacWilliams ?
A lot of it is down to first team experience I think .
I agree with above. The goalkeeper is the best we've had come through the academy in years and he doesn't get a mention.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #336 on: February 19, 2019, 13:57:25 pm »

Don’t get me wrong I’d rather see one of our own in the first team than joe Powell or elsnik and unless they’re given an opportunity we’ll never know if they’re ready, but with the possible exception of Jay Williams (who still needs to fill out a bit which will come as he matures) are any of the others physically ready for league football? I agree with Coolcat to a degree in saying that when Morgan Roberts came on he looked about 14 - it wouldn’t be so much of an issue if he was rapid but he didn’t look particularly quick.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #337 on: February 19, 2019, 14:03:23 pm »

I agree with above. The goalkeeper is the best we've had come through the academy in years and he doesn't get a mention.

Isn't Goff injured? The reason he doesn't get mentioned is that with Coddington still on the books, KC is always going to put him on the bench.

If Coddington is released in the summer (you would presume this would happen), I would expect Goff to get a new contract and play the back up role to Cornell.
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 19, 2019, 14:03:59 pm »

Don’t get me wrong I’d rather see one of our own in the first team than joe Powell or elsnik and unless they’re given an opportunity we’ll never know if they’re ready, but with the possible exception of Jay Williams (who still needs to fill out a bit which will come as he matures) are any of the others physically ready for league football? I agree with Coolcat to a degree in saying that when Morgan Roberts came on he looked about 14 - it wouldn’t be so much of an issue if he was rapid but he didn’t look particularly quick.

The only exception I can think of is Michael Jacobs who was only 17(?) when he started playing regularly for us and, despite looking like he was fresh out of secondary school, was head and shoulders above anybody else of the pitch most weeks. 
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #339 on: February 19, 2019, 14:19:26 pm »

Morgan has the skill, pace and awareness to be the next Michael Jacobs but what he does not have is experience, which I hope he gets once we are safe in League 2 this season (along with 2 or 3 others).

Yes he is slight but Messi and Silva seem to cope!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: