The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 05:56:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Views on Keith Curle

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Views on Keith Curle  (Read 40432 times)
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #380 on: March 03, 2019, 21:29:28 pm »

Fat chance  Wink

He'll be well past it by then... Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #381 on: March 04, 2019, 17:35:46 pm »

Id love to see the difference in points gained between 3 at the back and 4 at the back.
Report Spam   Logged
Lukey

View Profile
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #382 on: March 09, 2019, 22:38:12 pm »

The guy deserves a beer for game plan today alone.
Report Spam   Logged

Prejudice cannot be hidden,
Arrogance for the color of skin.
Its ugly head is here again
Racism is lurking within.

"Cynthia BuhainBaello"
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 10, 2019, 12:09:12 pm »

Believe it or not, we'd be 8th in the league only outside the playoffs on GD if the season had started when KC took his first game.

Think a lot of the perception around the progress so far under KC is down to the drab football and points dropped at home in the majority of his games.

Where would we be after that round of results?
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 10, 2019, 20:53:13 pm »

Where would we be after that round of results?

Looks like the Chronic are pinching some ideas, although I don't like the way they put it over six pages, similarly with the player ratings...
https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/cobblers/how-would-the-table-look-if-the-season-started-when-keith-curle-took-charge-of-the-cobblers-1-8842199
Report Spam   Logged

rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #385 on: March 11, 2019, 09:52:47 am »

Looks like the Chronic are pinching some ideas, although I don't like the way they put it over six pages, similarly with the player ratings...
https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/cobblers/how-would-the-table-look-if-the-season-started-when-keith-curle-took-charge-of-the-cobblers-1-8842199

More pages to display more ads unfortunately. The sheer amount of scripts running all over the chron website make its performance absolutely terrible, even before you consider how intrusive the ads themselves are.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #386 on: March 11, 2019, 11:21:02 am »

More pages to display more ads unfortunately. The sheer amount of scripts running all over the chron website make its performance absolutely terrible, even before you consider how intrusive the ads themselves are.

When you use an adblocker the amount of ads it shows as blocked is unbelievable. They'll be hoist by their own petard in the end; I fully appreciate ads are their main form of funding these days and don't mind seeing a few, but the sheer volume they throw at you affects load times to such a degree the site becomes unusable. In fact, the Chron website was the only reason I installed an adblocker! And yes, in the end if everyone uses an adblocker we'll lose the site altogether, so it's a catch 22 situation...
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #387 on: March 11, 2019, 11:44:45 am »

When you use an adblocker the amount of ads it shows as blocked is unbelievable. They'll be hoist by their own petard in the end; I fully appreciate ads are their main form of funding these days and don't mind seeing a few, but the sheer volume they throw at you affects load times to such a degree the site becomes unusable. In fact, the Chron website was the only reason I installed an adblocker! And yes, in the end if everyone uses an adblocker we'll lose the site altogether, so it's a catch 22 situation...

yeah, agreed. i regularly whitelist certain sites i like because i appreciate that have to make their money through ads. I will only whitelist if the ads are never popups, never involve motion and the general level of performance is still good. Chron website fails on all three counts.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3245

« Reply #388 on: March 15, 2019, 02:08:28 am »

He is the best man for the job.  A master-stroke by our man at the helm to bring him in.

He will make you doubters eat your own bile-laced excre-words........
Report Spam   Logged
guest3245

« Reply #389 on: March 15, 2019, 02:13:55 am »

I see a team that is now united and fighting together.  A team that embodies all that every fan could want..... commitment and endeavour.

If you want tippy-tappy, then f@ck off and watch the Prem.  And f@ck off from this Board.  Your negativity will be sorely missed (by your ego-shaped mirror).

This is Div 2.......  and Curley-Cobblers will get us to Div 1 before his contract runs out.

Believe, good folk.  BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #390 on: March 17, 2019, 18:18:35 pm »

I see a team that is now united and fighting together.  A team that embodies all that every fan could want..... commitment and endeavour.

If you want tippy-tappy, then f@ck off and watch the Prem.  And f@ck off from this Board.  Your negativity will be sorely missed (by your ego-shaped mirror).

This is Div 2.......  and Curley-Cobblers will get us to Div 1 before his contract runs out.

Believe, good folk.  BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think KC's now got it right about the way to play in this division and with the players we've got, although it's not always great to watch. My confidence in him is being restored, but I don't much care for your ridiculously insulting attitude, which seems to be reacting to some non-existent recent criticism of KC on recent pages of this thread. I feel your love of the man has become something of an obsession and you may need professional help.
Report Spam   Logged
cox23jam

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #391 on: March 25, 2019, 08:57:58 am »

This may have already been explained/answered but anyways - can someone explain the following (and yes I am aware the following is more of a statement than a question):

KC has previously stated he won't just hand out first team places to our own youth team players and clearly favours 'experienced' pros who in his opinion need the opportunity to earn another contract somewhere else, yet he seems very happy to throw our youth players under the bus:

Without Turnbull the midfield was never going to be as strong or robust so the defence was going to be under more pressure than normal & we have seen several times that Ash does not set a good example or support younger players (Odoffin first game of the season) and is not capable of guiding a young player through 90 mins, so why include 2 youth team players one making his first league two appearance.

But also he goes on about experienced pros yet leaves Facey on the bench - surely it would have made more sense to slide Goode inside to CB and play Facey at right back? or maybe Facey doesn't deserve the opportunity to earn a new contract unlike Bowditch?! And since Bridge played his best game for us vs Carlisle in his most preferred position we have barely seem him since.

I am very supportive of introducing our youth players but we need to ensure they have the right players around them to thrive, this weekend or cambridge away are prime examples of how not to introduce youth players into the first team.

Was the recent good run just very lucky in the fact that we were relatively solid at the back (although still gave away chances (newport at home) and managed to sneak a goal similar to Boothroyd although even under Boothroyd we seemed to have a plan of how we would score.
Report Spam   Logged

HOTEL END PREDICTION LEAGUE CHAMPION 2014/15, 2021/22
HOTEL END GTA CHAMPION 2021/22
guest2995

« Reply #392 on: March 25, 2019, 09:20:52 am »

I can’t stand his style of football and I think he is full of b*llocks but we have to put up with him .
I don’t think we will be going anywhere with him in charge and I certainly won’t be travelling miles to watch his teams play but we are where we are - stuck in no mans land as a club .
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 25, 2019, 11:43:15 am »

http://www.smfserver.com/forums/thehotelend/index.php?topic=9483.0
http://www.smfserver.com/forums/thehotelend/index.php?topic=12151.0
http://www.smfserver.com/forums/thehotelend/index.php?topic=12285.0
http://www.smfserver.com/forums/thehotelend/index.php?topic=12282.0

Eleven months in including a summer window and some were still questioning his appointment...
Report Spam   Logged

guest2995

« Reply #394 on: March 25, 2019, 11:52:47 am »

Curle and West can’t shine a light to Wilder and Knill.
Not tactically , not from a player selection angle and not from a man management point of view.
Curle was given a much better squad of players to initially work with than Wilder.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 25, 2019, 12:21:52 pm »

Not tactically , not from a player selection angle and not from a man management point of view.
Curle was given a much better squad of players to initially work with than Wilder.

It's uncanny how the comments are so very similar, especially about the styles of play, when they are/were attempting to achieve a similar aim in turning round the club/team. 
Curle and West can't currently shine a light on Wilder and Knill however, neither could Wilder and Knill initially.
Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #396 on: March 25, 2019, 12:42:45 pm »

And that's why they're not here anymore. Considering we've only had two managers in thirty plus years who stormed this division like Wilder did. I'd say that indicates that they are exceptionally hard to get hold of. And even harder to keep.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #397 on: March 25, 2019, 23:22:23 pm »

KC has previously stated he won't just hand out first team places to our own youth team players and clearly favours 'experienced' pros who in his opinion need the opportunity to earn another contract somewhere else, yet he seems very happy to throw our youth players under the bus:

Without Turnbull the midfield was never going to be as strong or robust so the defence was going to be under more pressure than normal & we have seen several times that Ash does not set a good example or support younger players (Odoffin first game of the season) and is not capable of guiding a young player through 90 mins, so why include 2 youth team players one making his first league two appearance.

But also he goes on about experienced pros yet leaves Facey on the bench - surely it would have made more sense to slide Goode inside to CB and play Facey at right back? or maybe Facey doesn't deserve the opportunity to earn a new contract unlike Bowditch?! And since Bridge played his best game for us vs Carlisle in his most preferred position we have barely seem him since.

I am very supportive of introducing our youth players but we need to ensure they have the right players around them to thrive, this weekend or cambridge away are prime examples of how not to introduce youth players into the first team..
This pretty much echo's what I thought, there must be some logic in it somewhere but I'm struggling to see it.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #398 on: March 26, 2019, 09:19:27 am »

Fundamentally Curle had a target this season which was to keep us in the league, something that looked at risk going back to September.

He's done that with ease.

Style-wise I really don't think any of us can judge him until next season. He's got an unbalanced and pretty one dimensional squad. We've seen what happens if you try to play expansive football with this lot at the start of DA's reign and when KC tried his 3-5-2 formation, before reverting to the more robust 4-4-2.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #399 on: March 30, 2019, 18:46:31 pm »

Major overhaul required in the summer. Sadly think I'd include KC.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: