The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 08:50:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Views on Keith Curle

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Views on Keith Curle  (Read 40496 times)
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #420 on: March 31, 2019, 13:23:51 pm »

Realistic tho tbh

Not realistic, it's just an opinion without any consideration for the mitigating circumstances...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 31, 2019, 14:05:57 pm »

It's funny (strange) how the so called Administrators on this site are quick to rush to rubbish anything the more questioning amongst our number e.g. Random, Beds (bless him), Manwork04, Jolly Cobbler and myself post.   

We are accused of having an agenda.  And them?

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 31, 2019, 15:43:38 pm »

It's funny (strange) how the so called Administrators on this site are quick to rush to rubbish anything the more questioning amongst our number e.g. Random, Beds (bless him), Manwork04, Jolly Cobbler and myself post.  

We are accused of having an agenda.  And them?

What, the noisy bully club?
No agenda, unless you call putting balance and realism into your own one sided mantra an agenda?
Report Spam   Logged

Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 31, 2019, 16:01:52 pm »

Absolute rubbish, Deepcut.   
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 31, 2019, 16:18:02 pm »

52 points with six games to go.

Did you hear his interview after the game? He seems to know exactly what is wrong, who he wants to keep (if any), and is already identifying players for next season. So, quite a few positives. Give the man a chance with out these under-performing players who have let down Edinburgh, JFH and Dean Austin.  
Spot on, TP. Not my favourite manager but his success elsewhere justifies giving him a chance to bring in his own players and hopefully find more consistency. I was saying a year ago that this squad was gutless and useless. KC said himself yesterday that they [the players] haven't realised yet how useless they are. Let's see how next season goes. Got a feeling the rest of this one will be a write-off.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 31, 2019, 17:24:09 pm »

Absolute rubbish, Deepcut.  

Really?
Which part?
Report Spam   Logged

Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 31, 2019, 17:37:04 pm »

All parts and no "one sided mantra".  You will see soon enough who is right and who is wrong.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #427 on: March 31, 2019, 18:01:38 pm »

All parts and no "one sided mantra".  You will see soon enough who is right and who is wrong.

Are you going to let us know the lottery numbers too?
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #428 on: March 31, 2019, 18:46:20 pm »

Not realistic, it's just an opinion without any consideration for the mitigating circumstances...

I've considered the mitigating circumstances and still say it's realistic 😉
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #429 on: March 31, 2019, 19:41:23 pm »

Of course, you would know about being positive  Wink

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 31, 2019, 20:16:43 pm »

Good to hear that you're as positive as always.

The last three posts from the three Amigo's - you have to wonder how they will fare in the face of adversity.
Report Spam   Logged

Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #431 on: March 31, 2019, 20:44:25 pm »

The last three posts from the three Amigo's - you have to wonder how they will fare in the face of adversity.

Better than you that's for sure, better to face reality head on then live in cloud cuckoo land
Report Spam   Logged
cox23jam

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #432 on: April 01, 2019, 08:37:29 am »

I disagree that KC has achieved this season by keeping us up, I think JFH would have achieved similar results and the similarities from last season to season suggest to me that KC is not the man to take us forward.

There was a period last season where JFH got the team defending reasonably well playing a back four with Turnbull left back, the draw at Blackburn springs to mind, KC has taken a very similar strategy recently utilising Goode at RB although arguably in the main we looked more of a threat under JFH before the wheels eventually fell off. Even JFH last season had patches where we were winning games - Bradford, MK - 3-4 games in a row and then it went wrong again. KC seems to be following the same path.

One of the biggest factors for me in deciding if KC stays or goes at the end of the season is S McWilliams, this year he appears to be going backwards and KC does not set up or play to support him. SW is clearly very talented and could be running our midfield and dominating the league as a complete box to box midfielder yet under KC I can't ssee this happening as if this does not improve I think we need to move on from KC.
Report Spam   Logged

HOTEL END PREDICTION LEAGUE CHAMPION 2014/15, 2021/22
HOTEL END GTA CHAMPION 2021/22
guest3063

« Reply #433 on: April 01, 2019, 08:47:49 am »

I disagree that KC has achieved this season by keeping us up, I think JFH would have achieved similar results and the similarities from last season to season suggest to me that KC is not the man to take us forward.

There was a period last season where JFH got the team defending reasonably well playing a back four with Turnbull left back, the draw at Blackburn springs to mind, KC has taken a very similar strategy recently utilising Goode at RB although arguably in the main we looked more of a threat under JFH before the wheels eventually fell off. Even JFH last season had patches where we were winning games - Bradford, MK - 3-4 games in a row and then it went wrong again. KC seems to be following the same path.

One of the biggest factors for me in deciding if KC stays or goes at the end of the season is S McWilliams, this year he appears to be going backwards and KC does not set up or play to support him. SW is clearly very talented and could be running our midfield and dominating the league as a complete box to box midfielder yet under KC I can't ssee this happening as if this does not improve I think we need to move on from KC.

Doesn't that tell you more about the players than the managers. As KC says if you can't change players, change players. I'm sure he will in the summer. Another small point that people seem to be missing is Curle is under contract next season, so unless he's sacked he won't be going anywhere.
Report Spam   Logged
Quintonside

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #434 on: April 01, 2019, 09:58:11 am »

Disagree. I don't think he is good enough, to run a midfield.  If he hadn't come from the academy no one would care as much.
Report Spam   Logged

Member since 2013, 4 years trying to unlock the account and find password. Back in full swing May 2017
defender

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: April 02, 2019, 09:59:03 am »

Overall he's done a reasonable job so far, but to be honest I was much happier a few weeks ago than I am now. He's started to praise the players for playing well and losing, as Dean Austin sometimes did and his match-to-match tinkering is almost at JFH levels. I understood this at first but he's had more than enough time now to make up his mind on players and is making too many changes from one game to the next. With 1 win in 10 games I would prefer my manager to be going all out for a result rather than constantly experimenting by changing half the team (often leaving out in-form players while he's at it).

for me he is doing a good job, we are in a much better position than we have been for a long time
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #436 on: April 02, 2019, 10:08:46 am »

Another meaningless, contradictory interview on utube this morning.
Pronouncing that he is spreading positivity after previously stating the players are not up to standard and can’t be trusted .
The man is absolutely full of garbage .
He tries to come across as some kind of deep thinking mentor but just spouts nonsense .
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 02, 2019, 10:47:05 am »

Another meaningless, contradictory interview on utube this morning.
Pronouncing that he is spreading positivity after previously stating the players are not up to standard and can’t be trusted .
The man is absolutely full of garbage .
He tries to come across as some kind of deep thinking mentor but just spouts nonsense .

Quite honestly B&S you speak a lot of nonsense against KC.  The fact is that many supporters where glad that KC spoke his mind on Saturday (as I was) about that disgraceful performance. If there is an opportunity to pronounce your self important message of spiteful tirade against KC you take it. It appears you have an obsessive opinion against KC to the extent you are unable now to offer any rational opinion. Even on here there is a difference between opinions and a mere rant.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 02, 2019, 11:01:29 am »

And the positives are? 

You don't know? 
Report Spam   Logged

wingman

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #439 on: April 02, 2019, 12:02:30 pm »

Quote from KC,
"It has probably irked some of the players that they have been in at 9am every day this week and working long hours"
FFS, just wait until the precious little angels have to get a real job
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: