The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 02:13:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Views on Keith Curle

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Views on Keith Curle  (Read 40328 times)
guest3063

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #460 on: April 02, 2019, 19:02:31 pm »

Fair play,  respect your opinion.

Cheers mate.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #461 on: April 02, 2019, 19:27:01 pm »

When he got the job if he’d said “we’re in the sh1t and I’m going to get us out of it. It’s not going to be pretty but it’ll be largely effective” I’d have taken that.

If he’d said “it’s unlikely that I’ll be allowed to operate on this budget and I’m going to have to get rid of the higher earners” I’d have taken that if he’d achieved the first part.

If he said “ this squad has no pace, no creativity and some of the squad are still overpaid compared to what I know I can get in for less in the summer and that’ll keep the chairman happy” I’d accept that.

If he’d said that with 8 games to go we’d still have been in with an outside chance of a play off spot I’d have bitten your hand off a few months ago.

Anything after the end of the season is when his real test of management will be. That isn’t to say I’m enjoying things currently as I’m not.
 With the offer of contracts for the yoof how many of them have signed?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
crazycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #462 on: April 02, 2019, 19:32:10 pm »

Like I said, with good teams it's "Win as a team lose a team" , I really don't think that KC can wash his hands of that performance, he has to take some part of the blame. I think virtually everyone agreed that taking off Williams instead of the completely ineffective Sordell weakened the team.
      Whilst we are on the subject, can anyone remember a KC substitution that has made us look a better team ?

How can you blame a manager for players kicking the ball out of play under no pressure in their own half? How can you blame a manager for a player receiving a pass and it bouncing off his foot and going out of play under little or no pressure? KC’s tactics may have been to blame in previous games but Saturday’s performance has very little to do with him. It’s about time this useless bunch take accountability for their incompetence. There’s no tactic/strategy in world football that is successfully implemented on the basis that players are not able to pass to each other from ten yards away.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #463 on: April 02, 2019, 19:53:06 pm »

How can you blame a manager for players kicking the ball out of play under no pressure in their own half? How can you blame a manager for a player receiving a pass and it bouncing off his foot and going out of play under little or no pressure? KC’s tactics may have been to blame in previous games but Saturday’s performance has very little to do with him. It’s about time this useless bunch take accountability for their incompetence. There’s no tactic/strategy in world football that is successfully implemented on the basis that players are not able to pass to each other from ten yards away.
So you think it was the correct move to take off Williams and leave Sordell on ? If not, you are agreeing that KC weakened the team and contributed to the defeat.
    I agree that most of the p*ss poor performance was down to the players, all I'm saying is that SOME of the blame must lie with KC, otherwise why bother having a manager at all?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #464 on: April 02, 2019, 19:57:46 pm »

So you think it was the correct move to take off Williams and leave Sordell on ? If not, you are agreeing that KC weakened the team and contributed to the defeat.
    I agree that most of the p*ss poor performance was down to the players, all I'm saying is that SOME of the blame must lie with KC, otherwise why bother having a manager at all?

We don't know who the player was who complained of fatigue at half time. It could have been Williams and that's the reason he was substituted.
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #465 on: April 02, 2019, 19:59:54 pm »

The strong suggestion was that ir was Sean.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #466 on: April 02, 2019, 20:55:27 pm »

The strong suggestion was that ir was Sean.

If it was McWilliams that he was referring to then it’s more than a bit unfair given that it was his first match back for a while (he didn’t really look right in the first half) and he subsequently picked up a tweak to his hamstring. I just assumed that he was alluding to Williams which would have explained the odd substitution, in retrospect if he wasn’t going to name names then he would have been better off saying nothing at all. I wonder what kind of impact something like that will have on the dressing room.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #467 on: April 02, 2019, 21:25:35 pm »

Like I said, with good teams it's "Win as a team lose a team" , I really don't think that KC can wash his hands of that performance, he has to take some part of the blame. I think virtually everyone agreed that taking off Williams instead of the completely ineffective Sordell weakened the team.
      Whilst we are on the subject, can anyone remember a KC substitution that has made us look a better team ?

I am surprised at your one way opinion of KC. No lateral thinking with you; same as with Cornell! My immediate impression after that game was that the players were largely responsible for the poor showing. The substitutions were largely irrelevant but the substitution of Williams in lieu of Sordell was questionable.  However Williams was not playing very well so perhaps a mute point on that substitution!

« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 22:00:33 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #468 on: April 02, 2019, 21:30:15 pm »

I actually quite like KC and some of his quirky interviews and thought provoking quotes.. He's here next season whatever so we may as well back him, after all, we all want the same thing. Whether he can deliver it will depend on his recruitment which will largely be dictated by the budget set by KT. The squad is chronically short of pace, creativity, ball players and goals. There's a lot to sort out but let's give him the chance.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 02, 2019, 21:45:22 pm »

The fact that you think I talk nonsense fills me with great satisfaction because if there is one person who’s views are pretty worthless on here , it would be yours Evers .

Your response is typical! I only applied 'nonsense' against your obsessive tirade against KC. You do speak a lot of nonsense about KC; almost a blinkered biased view point Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #470 on: April 02, 2019, 21:53:36 pm »

So you're telling me KC is not telling the defenders to hoof it long at every given opportunity???

Because I've seen 3 of the last 4 games and it seems to be a common denominator between games!
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 02, 2019, 21:55:14 pm »

Your response is typical! I only applied 'nonsense' against your obsessive tirade against KC. You do speak a lot of nonsense about KC; almost a blinkered biased view point Roll Eyes

What because someone else's opinion differs from yours - Grow up Nevers your absolute feckwit!
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 02, 2019, 21:56:35 pm »

We don't know who the player was who complained of fatigue at half time. It could have been Williams and that's the reason he was substituted.

He's done it before TP - so has form
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 02, 2019, 21:57:07 pm »

We were playing rubbish before and after Williams came off. Don’t act as if one substitution changed the course of the game. Williams offered no threat whatsoever all game.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 02, 2019, 21:58:18 pm »

What because someone else's opinion differs from yours - Grow up Nevers your absolute feckwit!

You do know the difference between opinion and a rant?
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 02, 2019, 22:02:21 pm »

We were playing rubbish before and after Williams came off. Don’t act as if one substitution changed the course of the game. Williams offered no threat whatsoever all game.

quite right
Report Spam   Logged

crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 02, 2019, 22:05:36 pm »

So you're telling me KC is not telling the defenders to hoof it long at every given opportunity???

Because I've seen 3 of the last 4 games and it seems to be a common denominator between games!

They’re not good enough to do anything else. They tried to play football for the first ten games and got 7 points as a result. I said it all summer and I’ll say it again, the squad is technically very poor. If I turn up to work and can’t even type a letter without it being riddled with errors I don’t expect my boss to take the blame. As a professional there is a minimum level of competence that must be reached. The players did not reach that minimum level on Saturday. I cannot blame the manager for that.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 02, 2019, 22:11:11 pm »

Its his opinion - please respect it Roll Eyes. So you know the Managers tactics - I have seen them play a disciplined game at Crewe and Stevenage so I think you assumption is wrong.  You never went to 3 games on the trot Grin
Report Spam   Logged

guest48

« Reply #478 on: April 02, 2019, 22:55:07 pm »

OK, answer Yes or No, did you think that Williams deserved to come of and Sordell to stay on?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3245

« Reply #479 on: April 03, 2019, 01:08:54 am »

Curley Cobblers is the man for the job at Sixfields.

It is more a question of how many wasters there are at the club, pinching a wage..... Huh???

I can see Pierre off to a Div 1 / Championship club in the close-season.

The rest are either on their way down to the Conference, or will scam their wages off another Div2 failure.

Let's get rid of the lot - including all those fans' favourites.

12 out the door, 5 decent signings; and with the young professionals, we have the makings of a decent set-up.

Curley-Cobblers knows who can play football (ie, those that treat the ball with respect - that football.... a loving friend, who needs caressing and keeping within the family).

For those who are already calling for his head.  May yours be on a spike outside Sixfields next season.  And, if they are, I will spit on them.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: