The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 06:33:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Views on Keith Curle

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Views on Keith Curle  (Read 40449 times)
Alfred

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #500 on: April 03, 2019, 20:48:49 pm »

Id love to see who folk think Curle will bring in the replace Williams who is a player with over 100 goals to his name.Im glad you lot have confidence in Curle putting together a squad for next season, especially when he thinks sam Hoskins is worthy of a start every week  Grin Grin

I Hope you find the answer in here

https://footballfragmento.wordpress.com/2019/02/21/feb-2019-league-two-players-out-of-contract-summer-2019/
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #501 on: April 03, 2019, 21:01:16 pm »

Thanks for posting that mate - Exeter and mk dons have got a lot of decent players out of contract in the summer. I suspect that some of the names on the Carlisle list might be heavily linked with us.
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #502 on: April 03, 2019, 21:03:05 pm »

Id love to see who folk think Curle will bring in the replace Williams who is a player with over 100 goals to his name.Im glad you lot have confidence in Curle putting together a squad for next season, especially when he thinks sam Hoskins is worthy of a start every week  Grin Grin

On that logic we shouldn’t have trusted Wilder. After all he signed Hoskins...
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #503 on: April 03, 2019, 21:12:22 pm »

Thanks for posting that mate - Exeter and mk dons have got a lot of decent players out of contract in the summer. I suspect that some of the names on the Carlisle list might be heavily linked with us.

Not being funny but unless they are released who is going to want to leave Exeter or MK and come here, especially with us trimming budgets.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 03, 2019, 21:15:24 pm »

On that logic we shouldn’t have trusted Wilder. After all he signed Hoskins...

And of the players Curle has bought in who has actually improved us???

The only one you could argue might be Goode, but I'm not convinced on him either particularly either.

Yes, it's the January market which is not easy, but even in that first season Wilder bought players in that improved us.
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 03, 2019, 21:26:11 pm »

And of the players Curle has bought in who has actually improved us???

The only one you could argue might be Goode, but I'm not convinced on him either particularly either.

Yes, it's the January market which is not easy, but even in that first season Wilder bought players in that improved us.

Oh come on get real, he’s had one January window. Give him the summer window at least before you judge his recruitment ability. I accept that the January loanees haven’t really improved us but people (not necessarily you personally) saying his recruitment is untrustworthy based on one January window is a bit ridiculous.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #506 on: April 03, 2019, 21:36:06 pm »

Oh come on get real, he’s had one January window. Give him the summer window at least before you judge his recruitment ability. I accept that the January loanees haven’t really improved us but people (not necessarily you personally) saying his recruitment is untrustworthy based on one January window is a bit ridiculous.

I think it’s blatantly obvious that a lot on here have already made up their mind about KC for whatever reason and nothing that happens now will change that. Also for Glasto, I didn’t state that any of the out of contract players at Exeter or mk dons would be likely to come to us in the summer - I just commented that a lot of their best players may be leaving, it might be an idea to read posts before spinning them to suit your agenda.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 03, 2019, 21:36:15 pm »

Mentioned it a few times; I really don't understand why people are concerned about his preferred style of play, citing boring football for the reason of not liking him.

His style of football at previous clubs he's managed has been expansive.

When he did get us (briefly) playing out from the back (remember those handful of games) it all went wrong. Very wrong.

The players we have...are all 'industrial' types. Not creative/flair players. We are excellent at set pieces, top scorers in league2 from corners. Which in itself suggests where the 'strengths' of this currently lot lay.

The odd player we have whom could be deemed a flair player, are mainly rubbish at worst or inconsistent at best. Powell, Bowdith. Im struggling beyond those two, unless you add timmy Mallet (who I think Id prefer than the Timi we have) or Powell (loanee) to the pot...the latter is clearly very talented but only in glimpses. Thus far.

On Saturday, again it was a mental breakdown. A man gets sent off...we think we've won it. Opposition dig in, get a quick goal to equalise, tails go back up, probably heard the half time scores with Notts County and co winning, came out all fired up. We didn't.

The subs. I understood bringing another midfielder on, exactly the reasons I thought at the time which were also explained the other day in his interview. Williams v Sordell...I didn't get that. I booed it in fact, such was my frustration. But I do see things a bit more objectively afterwards. Its the first sub I've booed that he's made, should have been Constantine (sorry Sordell) who came off.

What I will say though, is that we were sh1te before the subs, and I don't think it would have made a jot of difference. Those 10 minutes after half time, they got behind us on at least 3 or 4 occasions. We were on the ropes. My annoyance was more about the overall performance, and taking our top scoring player off and leaving Constantine the 2nd on the pitch smacked of 'Im favouring my own signing'.

Final point, and someone made it on this thread. Perhaps he's playing the long game. Hadn't thought of that. Would I keep Williams next season? Would I heck! He's 33 odd, a journeyman of the lower leagues, bog standard 4th division striker. Probably on good money as well. Id definitely be looking to move him on if possible, he'd do a fine job for a national league club with ambitions to get into the football league. We might have to help out with the wages but even so, I hope he's moved on.

That's rubbish in many respects because the football curle played when he first came in was far superior to the lump it as far forward as you can and chase it that we have experienced over the last few weeks. The style of play is only bearable if you are picking up positive results, when you get that style of football and you are losing games too it becomes intolerable.

Its also not true about style of football at other clubs - I can remember a lot of Carlisle fans (one of whom came on here talking about his turgid negative style of play), again it's alright playing that way if you get results.

Yes Williams is not getting any younger, but he is and always has been a 15-20 goal scoring a year striker at this level (So long as you are giving him a chance by creating something for him) - Those are not that easy to find. I believe Curle will get rid because for some reason he doesn't seem to like him. I just hope we don't end up with a Sordell / Hallam Hope type as replacement as that is the way I see Curle possibly going.

Look I hope I'm wrong - I just don't see Curle being the man to take us forward (if we are thinking to look play offs and beyond next year)
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 03, 2019, 21:41:54 pm »

That's all well and good, but you can only judge him on what you see in front of you - The January window is difficult, yes we are reducing the budget so all that needs to be taken into account - But as others have said if he's going to bring in youngsters and players from other clubs that he then doesn't deem good enough to play and don't seem to improve us in any way then he may us well just give our young lads a game, at least you know they will play for the badge
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 03, 2019, 21:51:20 pm »

That's all well and good, but you can only judge him on what you see in front of you - The January window is difficult, yes we are reducing the budget so all that needs to be taken into account - But as others have said if he's going to bring in youngsters and players from other clubs that he then doesn't deem good enough to play and don't seem to improve us in any way then he may us well just give our young lads a game, at least you know they will play for the badge

Or you can be sensible and reserve judgement until you’ve seen him have a full summer window.
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: April 03, 2019, 21:55:00 pm »

That's rubbish in many respects because the football curle played when he first came in was far superior to the lump it as far forward as you can and chase it that we have experienced over the last few weeks. The style of play is only bearable if you are picking up positive results, when you get that style of football and you are losing games too it becomes intolerable.

Its also not true about style of football at other clubs - I can remember a lot of Carlisle fans (one of whom came on here talking about his turgid negative style of play), again it's alright playing that way if you get results.

Yes Williams is not getting any younger, but he is and always has been a 15-20 goal scoring a year striker at this level (So long as you are giving him a chance by creating something for him) - Those are not that easy to find. I believe Curle will get rid because for some reason he doesn't seem to like him. I just hope we don't end up with a Sordell / Hallam Hope type as replacement as that is the way I see Curle possibly going.

Look I hope I'm wrong - I just don't see Curle being the man to take us forward (if we are thinking to look play offs and beyond next year)

What on earth are you talking about, Andy Williams has scored 15+ goals in a season three times in his 15 year career  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #511 on: April 04, 2019, 08:16:39 am »

What on earth are you talking about, Andy Williams has scored 15+ goals in a season three times in his 15 year career  Huh?
And how many times for Hoskins? The man Curle always plays and leaves on the pitch.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #512 on: April 04, 2019, 08:34:40 am »

Every manager over the past few years have played Hoskins; are they all wrong and you right? You have a biased opinion on KC most of the time!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest48

« Reply #513 on: April 04, 2019, 09:22:33 am »

Every manager over the past few years have played Hoskins; are they all wrong and you right? You have a biased opinion on KC most of the time!
Evers, if someone has a different view to you, it doesn't always mean they are biased, it just means they have a different view. I know you struggle with this but, when someone posts something you don't agree with, don't come back with accusations of an agender and biased, not everyone is like that.
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 04, 2019, 11:15:07 am »

And how many times for Hoskins? The man Curle always plays and leaves on the pitch.

I’ve never said Hoskins is a good player. I’m simply confused as to how the poster reached the conclusion that Williams ‘is and has always been a 15-20 goal a season player’. As you’ve responded, maybe  you could shed some light?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 11:17:36 am by crazycobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #515 on: April 04, 2019, 11:30:18 am »

I’ve never said Hoskins is a good player. I’m simply confused as to how the poster reached the conclusion that Williams ‘is and has always been a 15-20 goal a season player’. As you’ve responded, maybe  you could shed some light?
He’s scored 114 goals in 334 games which is a goal every 2 and a bit games, the reference I made to that useless little fcuker Hoskins is because this thread is about KC and his decision making.

Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 04, 2019, 11:34:26 am »

He’s scored 114 goals in 334 games which is a goal every 2 and a bit games, the reference I made to that useless little fcuker Hoskins is because this thread is about KC and his decision making.

That’s utter rubbish. He’s scored 114 goals in close to 500 games. Do proper research before you spout out nonsense. He had a couple of prolific seasons and that’s it.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #517 on: April 04, 2019, 13:01:41 pm »

That’s utter rubbish. He’s scored 114 goals in close to 500 games. Do proper research before you spout out nonsense. He had a couple of prolific seasons and that’s it.

you can win any argument with facts! but they arent welcome on here - we only deal in made up opinions based on our own made up statistics.
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 04, 2019, 14:25:36 pm »

you can win any argument with facts! but they arent welcome on here - we only deal in made up opinions based on our own made up statistics.

I’ve noticed!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Trickymicky

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 04, 2019, 18:46:50 pm »

Just read an article in the Chronicle that Hoskins can’t understand his inability to string together consistent performances, well I think he does just that every week, he consistently can’t beat the last man, can’t cross the ball and can’t shoot but always runs around like a headless chicken.  We are always down to a team of 10 with him on the field, don’t know why he has a gold card for selection game after game, I hope he moves on in the summer!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: