The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 03:36:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Views on Keith Curle

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Views on Keith Curle  (Read 40371 times)
Grove

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #520 on: April 04, 2019, 19:52:34 pm »

Oh come on get real, he’s had one January window. Give him the summer window at least before you judge his recruitment ability. I accept that the January loanees haven’t really improved us but people (not necessarily you personally) saying his recruitment is untrustworthy based on one January window is a bit ridiculous.
Hes had endless transfer windows with all of his clubs and not produced a promotion winning team, you all expect him to bring one in during the summer on a reduced budget., Good luck with that
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 19:55:08 pm by Grove » Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 04, 2019, 20:00:13 pm »

Evers, if someone has a different view to you, it doesn't always mean they are biased, it just means they have a different view. I know you struggle with this but, when someone posts something you don't agree with, don't come back with accusations of an agender and biased, not everyone is like that.

I take no notice of that idiots responses now Roger, I treat them with the contempt they deserve , this board would be a far better forum without him/her
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 04, 2019, 20:06:33 pm »

That’s utter rubbish. He’s scored 114 goals in close to 500 games. Do proper research before you spout out nonsense. He had a couple of prolific seasons and that’s it.

114 goals in 334 STARTS. I suppose you lot count 5 -10 mins a GAME yeah ?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #523 on: April 04, 2019, 20:41:45 pm »

Evers, if someone has a different view to you, it doesn't always mean they are biased, it just means they have a different view. I know you struggle with this but, when someone posts something you don't agree with, don't come back with accusations of an agender and biased, not everyone is like that.

Its my opinion that's all. I have no idea why you chose to intervene in a patronizing manner when my comments are free from insults . In my opinion Grove seems to have a biased opinion on KC. Whats an agender by the way?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 21:37:33 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 04, 2019, 20:44:01 pm »

I take no notice of that idiots responses now Roger, I treat them with the contempt they deserve , this board would be a far better forum without him/her

Thanks Grove Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 20:47:02 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #525 on: April 04, 2019, 21:35:20 pm »

Hes had endless transfer windows with all of his clubs and not produced a promotion winning team, you all expect him to bring one in during the summer on a reduced budget., Good luck with that

Exactly this Grove - History says he is a bog standard middle to bottom end league 2 manager, who's teams fans generally have been more than happy to see the back of at the end of his tenure, never been promoted - reduced budget, It's going to be another long season IMO
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #526 on: April 04, 2019, 21:37:51 pm »

114 goals in 334 STARTS. I suppose you lot count 5 -10 mins a GAME yeah ?

So on that logic the goals that he scored after coming on as a sub shouldn’t count then?  Huh?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 21:45:31 pm by crazycobbler » Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 04, 2019, 21:39:51 pm »

Wilder had failed at oxford before he came here. Yes he won promotion from the conference (with probably the biggest club in the league by far) but he couldn’t get them out of league two after more than one attempt. Don’t be so quick to judge.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 21:43:01 pm by crazycobbler » Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 04, 2019, 21:42:07 pm »

Exactly this Grove - History says he is a bog standard middle to bottom end league 2 manager, who's teams fans generally have been more than happy to see the back of at the end of his tenure, never been promoted - reduced budget, It's going to be another long season IMO

When wilder came history said he’d struggle to win promotion from league two. History said Gary Johnson would be a success. Nothing is guaranteed in football, all I’m saying is don’t be so quick to write him off. Give him time and a full summer window.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 04, 2019, 21:44:00 pm »

So on that logic the goals that he scored after coming on as a sub shouldn’t count then?  Huh?

You can twist "facts" to suit your argument either way.

What I would say is lots including me thought when marquis and Collins left us it would be easy to find better and we did not, that was not on reduced budget.

I've said it before and I'll say it again Williams is a natural finisher and goal scorer and if you create chances he will score goals. On a reduced budget next year I cannot see we will find better, but happy to be proved wrong - but I have no faith in Curle and would fully expect a Sordell or Hallam Hope type to be signed which would be a downgrade

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 04, 2019, 21:46:02 pm »

Give me strength - give the bloke a chance! He has got us out of one hole to an outside chance of a tilt at the play offs. What more do you want?
Report Spam   Logged

Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 04, 2019, 21:48:30 pm »

When wilder came history said he’d struggle to win promotion from league two. History said Gary Johnson would be a success. Nothing is guaranteed in football, all I’m saying is don’t be so quick to write him off. Give him time and a full summer window.

You mean apart from the promotions Wilder had with both Halifax and Oxford?Huh?

We will have to give him time, as KT is not going to sack him - so your right in the fact we may as well get behind him, that doesn't mean i'm optimistic either from what he's bought in so far or how he has operated both on the field and in interview and what history says resultswise and other teams fans.

Time will tell I guess and I hope you are right
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 04, 2019, 21:50:47 pm »

What I would say is lots including me thought when marquis and Collins left us it would be easy to find better and we did not, that was not on reduced budget.

I've said it before and I'll say it again Williams is a natural finisher and goal scorer and if you create chances he will score goals. On a reduced budget next year I cannot see we will find better, but happy to be proved wrong - but I have no faith in Curle and would fully expect a Sordell or Hallam Hope type to be signed which would be a downgrade

I think it is you twisting the facts. You stated he is and always has been a 15-20 goal a season player. Opinion doesn’t even come into that, it’s just completely false.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 04, 2019, 21:52:57 pm »

I liked Marquis and he wanted to join us! Shrewsbury fans not sorry to see Collins go. If Sordell makes the grade I will be surprised. Do not let hindsight influence our judgement Wink
Report Spam   Logged

crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 04, 2019, 21:53:24 pm »

You mean apart from the promotions Wilder had with both Halifax and Oxford?Huh?

We will have to give him time, as KT is not going to sack him - so your right in the fact we may as well get behind him, that doesn't mean i'm optimistic either from what he's bought in so far or how he has operated both on the field and in interview and what history says resultswise and other teams fans.

Time will tell I guess and I hope you are right

Just like Curle, he had done nothing at this level before joining us after being at one of the bigger clubs in the division.

Anyway as you said you’re entitled to your opinion. I personally think it’s slightly baseless but let’s all hope you’re wrong this time next year.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 04, 2019, 21:54:27 pm »

Wilder had failed at oxford before he came here. Yes he won promotion from the conference (with probably the biggest club in the league by far) but he couldn’t get them out of league two after more than one attempt. Don’t be so quick to judge.

He hadn't failed - he'd just missed out on the play offs!

I think I'm correct in saying Curle has only made the play offs once - And didn't make the final and never been promoted from any level.

Look to Wilder appointment was left field - but even in the early days Wilder bought in players that improved us - he wanted to play a certain way to get us save so bought in players that were effective in doing that (Taylor, Langmead etc), yes it wasn't free flowing football that we enjoyed later on, but he knew what he wanted/had to do and bought in players to do it.

Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 04, 2019, 21:59:43 pm »

I think it is you twisting the facts. You stated he is and always has been a 15-20 goal a season player. Opinion doesn’t even come into that, it’s just completely false.

You mean the same Andy Williams that scored 33 goals for Swindon in League One across 2 seasons a couple of years back??  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 04, 2019, 22:04:16 pm »

Just like Curle, he had done nothing at this level before joining us after being at one of the bigger clubs in the division.

Anyway as you said you’re entitled to your opinion. I personally think it’s slightly baseless but let’s all hope you’re wrong this time next year.

I really hope your right - I can't agree that my thoughts are baseless (as actually it's based on a number of facts and history)

But we both agree that Curle is here to stay (unless we are taken over), so we may as well get behind him and hope your right and I'm wrong and we are not here again next year!
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 04, 2019, 22:08:54 pm »

You mean the same Andy Williams that scored 33 goals for Swindon in League One across 2 seasons a couple of years back??  Wink

You said he’s always been a 15-20 goals a season player. Stop back tracking and just admit you didn’t do your research   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #539 on: April 05, 2019, 06:13:33 am »

I think I'm correct in saying Curle has only made the play offs once - And didn't make the final

If only that was true .... Think about it  Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: