The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 09:41:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Views on Keith Curle

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Views on Keith Curle  (Read 40517 times)
Dan

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #560 on: April 07, 2019, 15:25:21 pm »

Appears he treated the players like children last week, hes gonna lose the changing room before too long.
Only 5 or 6 being released im told, which isn't enough

Only 5 or 6  Grin couldn't make it up. Sadly am confident this information will prove to be accurate as well.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #561 on: April 07, 2019, 15:56:04 pm »

I suspect some of the offers made will be unacceptable so whilst they might not be released they will move on.

My gut feel is that anybody over the age of 21 will be free to depart..... and a taxi load will arrive from Cumbria unless they get promoted.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #562 on: April 07, 2019, 16:46:05 pm »

Only 10 are out of contract in any case: Facey, Buchs, Foley, Powell, Goff, Bowditch, Bridge, O'Toole, Iaciofano and Coddington. So if 6 were released only 4 would be offered terms. That could be Goff and Bridge plus 2 others. If true of course.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #563 on: April 07, 2019, 17:02:49 pm »

Appears he treated the players like children last week, hes gonna lose the changing room before too long.
Only 5 or 6 being released im told, which isn't enough

The poor darlings...did they have to be in for 9am  Roll Eyes shame.
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #564 on: April 07, 2019, 18:08:43 pm »

Only 10 are out of contract in any case: Facey, Buchs, Foley, Powell, Goff, Bowditch, Bridge, O'Toole, Iaciofano and Coddington. So if 6 were released only 4 would be offered terms. That could be Goff and Bridge plus 2 others. If true of course.

Fair point

Assuming the loans go back

Who does that leave over the age of 21
Taylor
Pierre
Turnbull
Williams
JM
Hoskins
Cornell
Waters

McWilliams is U 21 but i reckon he could move on

Probably stuck with Hoskins and Cornell

but reckon the rest will get offers to depart the PTS
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #565 on: April 07, 2019, 18:26:57 pm »

Fair point

Assuming the loans go back

Who does that leave over the age of 21
Taylor
Pierre
Turnbull
Williams
JM
Hoskins
Cornell
Waters

McWilliams is U 21 but i reckon he could move on

Probably stuck with Hoskins and Cornell

but reckon the rest will get offers to depart the PTS

Could be a very busy summer ahead. A new team required.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #566 on: April 07, 2019, 19:39:19 pm »

Curlio will be here next season. His job was to keep us up.

Utter rubbish .
People state this as though it is fact .
It is not fact , it is assumption.
Assumption I don’t buy into .
The expectation of Curle was much more than keeping us up , in my opinion .
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #567 on: April 07, 2019, 19:51:04 pm »

Utter rubbish .

That's the fault of KT then, because that's what he said when he appointed him.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #568 on: April 07, 2019, 20:16:21 pm »

I’m intrigued to know why Dean Austin got pretty much an easy ride and almost unanimous support from the fanbase while KC seems to have the opposite. Is it because of the fact that DA came across as a “decent bloke” and peppered his interviews with fan friendly soundbites and how he set his teams out playing “attacking” football that was in reality completely ineffectual? KC has come in and is pretty much the opposite, his demeanour is pretty reserved and interviews not as articulate as DA and of course his style of football has been more functional/pragmatic but whether you like it or not he is working with an amalgamation of several rubbish managers rubbish players. Unless I’ve overlooked anyone, he hasn’t brought any of his own permanent players in yet - in January I’m pretty sure he hinted that he had decided to save the funds for the summer recruitment. All I’m saying is we’ve got to give him a chance over the next few months to put together his own squad and then see how it goes into next season.
Report Spam   Logged
Charlatan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #569 on: April 07, 2019, 20:20:20 pm »

I’m intrigued to know why Dean Austin got pretty much an easy ride and almost unanimous support from the fanbase while KC seems to have the opposite. Is it because of the fact that DA came across as a “decent bloke” and peppered his interviews with fan friendly soundbites and how he set his teams out playing “attacking” football that was in reality completely ineffectual? KC has come in and is pretty much the opposite, his demeanour is pretty reserved and interviews not as articulate as DA and of course his style of football has been more functional/pragmatic but whether you like it or not he is working with an amalgamation of several rubbish managers rubbish players. Unless I’ve overlooked anyone, he hasn’t brought any of his own permanent players in yet - in January I’m pretty sure he hinted that he had decided to save the funds for the summer recruitment. All I’m saying is we’ve got to give him a chance over the next few months to put together his own squad and then see how it goes into next season.
Spot on Irchy
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #570 on: April 07, 2019, 21:02:55 pm »

Yep, well said and correct. People seem to want pure attacking football in league 2, really worked that one.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #571 on: April 07, 2019, 22:04:47 pm »

I'm glad we are aiming so high these days!!  Wink

So what did you expect this season ?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 07, 2019, 22:16:59 pm »

Utter rubbish .

What do you think the expectation was in your opinion?
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 07, 2019, 22:19:17 pm »

Spot on, sensible view.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #574 on: April 07, 2019, 22:50:10 pm »

Spot on, sensible view.

Irchy seems to have come in from the cold with these pragmatic comments.  Cool
By and large he is right, we have never really been a fancy dan side. (No offence Dan)  Wink. A somewhat noisy section on here seem to be demanding fast flowing attractive football when we clearly have not got the players or the skills. After any disappointing result they emerge from the shadows deploring the Manager and at least two of the players. KC has kept us up after a disastrous start and even sold our two best players! True the play offs have all but disappeared but alt least that is better than just escaping relegation like in previous seasons. I also get the impression that a few on here have exorbitant high expectations of KC and the players so when there is a poor result its raining Toys for a few days.  Whats the point of demanding fancy dan footall without the player skills to implement it. Actually KC reminds me of CW in his early months here; we simply have to wait until next season and give the bloke a decent chance. We cannot keep sacking managers every six to 8 months to appease a few vociferous 'fans' on here.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 22:56:49 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: April 08, 2019, 05:18:43 am »

Irchy seems to have come in from the cold with these pragmatic comments.  Cool
By and large he is right, we have never really been a fancy dan side. (No offence Dan)  Wink. A somewhat noisy section on here seem to be demanding fast flowing attractive football when we clearly have not got the players or the skills. After any disappointing result they emerge from the shadows deploring the Manager and at least two of the players. KC has kept us up after a disastrous start and even sold our two best players! True the play offs have all but disappeared but alt least that is better than just escaping relegation like in previous seasons. I also get the impression that a few on here have exorbitant high expectations of KC and the players so when there is a poor result its raining Toys for a few days.  Whats the point of demanding fancy dan footall without the player skills to implement it. Actually KC reminds me of CW in his early months here; we simply have to wait until next season and give the bloke a decent chance. We cannot keep sacking managers every six to 8 months to appease a few vociferous 'fans' on here.
Actually KC reminds me more of Atkins than CW but I get your drift.
Dont forget CW could be pretty direct and defensive at times too.
Give KC a decent budget and he will hit it with league position, that is his record - level on budget or above and thats what he will do for us. Over to KT then!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 09:13:06 am by pattcobb » Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #576 on: April 08, 2019, 08:46:44 am »

People only liked Dean Austin because of his "let's go hunting" soundbite.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #577 on: April 08, 2019, 10:33:35 am »

Until we've seen him say who he intends to keep on,  work the transfer market in the summer, and after we've played a few games next season, its extremely difficult to judge KC on his medium-long term credentials as manager of NTFC.

He's done alright overall. The squad as things stand isn't strong enough to challenge for promotion, I think thats a given. There were many games during Wilders early tenure where we played defensive long ball borefest football. He also had a lot more £ to play with during his first (January) transfer window when he paid cash for Sinclair. At least KC hasn't 'bought' Sordell  Grin

So for me, he gets the benefit of the doubt, my full support and Ill just try to avoid getting too wound up during matches between now and the end of the season!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #578 on: April 08, 2019, 11:05:51 am »

Yep, well said and correct. People seem to want pure attacking football in league 2, really worked that one.

His 'style' of football hasn't worked in 20 seasons in this league
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #579 on: April 08, 2019, 14:13:08 pm »

What do you think the expectation was in your opinion?
I would suggest the expectation was to get the full potential out of the squad of players available and build the foundations for the following season that after some trimming and adding performs to the budget levels allocated .
I think we are a country mile away from that objective .
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: