The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 05:42:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Views on Keith Curle

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Views on Keith Curle  (Read 40426 times)
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #580 on: April 08, 2019, 14:14:31 pm »

I would suggest the expectation was to get the full potential out of the squad of players available and build the foundations for the following season that after some trimming and adding performs to the budget levels allocated .
I think we are a country mile away from that objective .

I don't...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3063

« Reply #581 on: April 08, 2019, 15:13:22 pm »

His 'style' of football hasn't worked in 20 seasons in this league

Please explain what Curle's 'style of football is? Do you even know how Mansfield, Notts County & Carlisle played when Curle was in charge at those  clubs, needless to say it's not the same as he is currently playing.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #582 on: April 08, 2019, 17:04:24 pm »

Please explain what Curle's 'style of football is? Do you even know how Mansfield, Notts County & Carlisle played when Curle was in charge at those  clubs, needless to say it's not the same as he is currently playing.

That’s what I mean - people seem to be very polarised for some reason - perhaps it’s got to do with the general situation at the club? What I do know is that there are 5 meaningless games left for people to moan, then when he announces his retained list people will moan, then he’ll start making signings and people will moan. It’s going to be a looooong summer.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #583 on: April 08, 2019, 17:12:33 pm »

I would suggest the expectation was to get the full potential out of the squad of players available and build the foundations for the following season that after some trimming and adding performs to the budget levels allocated .
I think we are a country mile away from that objective .

For me, Curle has achieved the bare minimum required: he's managed to guide a team to safety who should never have been struggling in the first place.

His back-to-basics approach was prudent given the chaos under Austin, but the big question is whether he has what it takes to evolve beyond that. So far I haven't seen anything to suggest he is anything other than a solid but unspectacular lower-league manager.

He seems to be blaming the quality of the players he has inherited for the lack of progress, but several opposition managers - Stevenage's being the most recent example - have lauded the quality of our squad and expressed surprised at our lowly position.

Having said that, things might have been very different if George Cox's injury hadn't deprived him of a crucial wing-back necessary to play his preferred 3-5-2 formation.

His track-record at previous clubs suggests that he has what it takes to turn the side into play-off challengers at this level. The big question is whether he can deliver more than that and achieve the promotion that has constantly eluded him.

Basically it all rests on the summer transfer window. He needs to keep enough of the spine of the team together to ensure cohesion and continuity (Pierre, Turnbull, McWilliams) whilst recruiting wisely and presiding over a proper clear out in order to finally exorcise the losing mentality that we've had ever since JED and JFH.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 17:19:13 pm by bungle » Report Spam   Logged
BMON

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 08, 2019, 17:31:58 pm »

Curles first set of signings have looked considerably better than those of previous managers. He inherited a ship sailing very fast in the wrong direction so it was always going to be a long-term job to turn it around  but he's doing okay in very trying circumstances. It was going to be touch and go whether we were going to stay up, but that's due to the chronic weakness of the squad before January which set the pattern for this season.

He is the man for the job. Some so-called supporters have been shameful for the blame culture they have put at his door - dragging up his Carlisle record, using hindsight to slag off his tactics.
Curle will sort out this horrorshow if you give them time and patience.

Which proves that he has done a half decent job with his signings since the end of Jan given the circumstances. The team is more settled nowadays which helps too. Curle had to make do with some bad players, players out of position and injuries when he first arrived. Keep the faith in keith

There's a guy behind me who moans constantly.
I say moan, it's like a series of groans and angry yells of "CAAAAMMOOOOOON" or "CONCENTRATE!" whenever something doesn't go as planned. It's a really negative vibe and it winds up those sitting around him, so God knows how it affects the players.

Don't get me wrong, I voice my anger when I think it's deserved, but I cheer and applaud good play as well. Positive reinforcement is invariably more effective than constant criticism.
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #585 on: April 08, 2019, 17:46:45 pm »

Curles first set of signings have looked considerably better than those of previous managers. He inherited a ship sailing very fast in the wrong direction so it was always going to be a long-term job to turn it around  but he's doing okay in very trying circumstances. It was going to be touch and go whether we were going to stay up, but that's due to the chronic weakness of the squad before January which set the pattern for this season.

He is the man for the job. Some so-called supporters have been shameful for the blame culture they have put at his door - dragging up his Carlisle record, using hindsight to slag off his tactics.
Curle will sort out this horrorshow if you give them time and patience.

Which proves that he has done a half decent job with his signings since the end of Jan given the circumstances. The team is more settled nowadays which helps too. Curle had to make do with some bad players, players out of position and injuries when he first arrived. Keep the faith in keith

There's a guy behind me who moans constantly.
I say moan, it's like a series of groans and angry yells of "CAAAAMMOOOOOON" or "CONCENTRATE!" whenever something doesn't go as planned. It's a really negative vibe and it winds up those sitting around him, so God knows how it affects the players.

Don't get me wrong, I voice my anger when I think it's deserved, but I cheer and applaud good play as well. Positive reinforcement is invariably more effective than constant criticism.

Sorry you lost me after the 1st sentence, I thought you were being sarcastic
Report Spam   Logged
BMON

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 08, 2019, 18:29:28 pm »

this is one of the most important times in the cobblers recent history, after such a result they now need to keep themselves in the media spotlight, another big draw would help this.If they showed that kind of spirit and will to win each game then many 'fans'  would return.
In recent seasons the quality of performance and effort has been dire  that amongst other things, made me look to other things to take up my Saturday afternoons.
SO we drew away , i would love to see KT say that at least 75% of the cash made go towards the squad as a reward to the fans for their terrific support during the **** football years, he needs to speculate to accumulate, like he perhaps should have done in the past.
I would certainly consider coming back on a regular basis.
This is a big chance for the club now, continue along the prudent path to oblivion, or flourish on the back of this big result, the club is on one of its all time lows at the moment, the club needs to make sure it stays on a high.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the long suffering 400-500 loyal fans, it will count for nothing unless they kick on . Investment is the key, the big purse could be assured tomorrow, dont pull those strings to tight KT
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #587 on: April 08, 2019, 18:35:33 pm »

this is one of the most important times in the cobblers recent history, after such a result they now need to keep themselves in the media spotlight, another big draw would help this.If they showed that kind of spirit and will to win each game then many 'fans'  would return.
In recent seasons the quality of performance and effort has been dire  that amongst other things, made me look to other things to take up my Saturday afternoons.
SO we drew away , i would love to see KT say that at least 75% of the cash made go towards the squad as a reward to the fans for their terrific support during the **** football years, he needs to speculate to accumulate, like he perhaps should have done in the past.
This is a big chance for the club now, continue along the prudent path to oblivion, or flourish on the back of this big result, the club is on one of its all time lows at the moment, the club needs to make sure it stays on a high.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the long suffering 400-500 loyal fans, it will count for nothing unless they kick on . Investment is the key, the big purse could be assured tomorrow, dont pull those strings to tight KT

Surely a wind up or your age is about 12 ?
Report Spam   Logged
BMON

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 08, 2019, 19:12:53 pm »

Surely a wind up or your age is about 12 ?

It depends what you call a wind up and also what the contributor on here qualified as fact .
At the end of the day , it's your view and you know my views on this matter.
That's my point , regardless of what age is thrown about to confuse the matter
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #589 on: April 08, 2019, 20:18:07 pm »

If Curle had been at the helm from the start of the season we’d be right up there challenging for playoffs. To achieve almost playoff form with this awful, imbalanced squad is a top effort.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #590 on: April 08, 2019, 20:25:36 pm »

A true visionary
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #591 on: April 08, 2019, 20:29:33 pm »

Bob's a fen dweller.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #592 on: April 08, 2019, 22:41:22 pm »

Two quite brave posts from you so well done from me! Just hope you can handle the unwarranted criticism you have already attracted💥
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #593 on: April 09, 2019, 17:56:59 pm »

That’s what I mean - people seem to be very polarised for some reason - perhaps it’s got to do with the general situation at the club? What I do know is that there are 5 meaningless games left for people to moan, then when he announces his retained list people will moan, then he’ll start making signings and people will moan. It’s going to be a looooong summer.
£90 for overnight in hotel and £70 for train for final meaningless game. As Dan might say...
The moaning begins here!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #594 on: April 09, 2019, 18:09:32 pm »

£90 for overnight in hotel and £70 for train for final meaningless game. As Dan might say...
The moaning begins here!  Grin

Grin Grin Grin Grin Tickled me that did.

Not sure of our train prices as yet but certainly will be at the final game of the season. A cause for celebration knowing that we won't see many of them play for us again  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 09, 2019, 19:20:21 pm »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Tickled me that did.

Not sure of our train prices as yet but certainly will be at the final game of the season. A cause for celebration knowing that we won't see many of them play for us again  Tongue

Or not as the case may be!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #596 on: April 10, 2019, 16:02:10 pm »

Interesting, that while the remaining games are being labelled (understandably) as 'meaningless', the Cobblers themselves are very much the Kingmakers in the run in...
Mansfield and Bury games will have the fans of the other top few clubs throwing their support behind us, while also having a strong bearing on who falls through the basement trapdoor, Notts County (last Sat) of course, Macclesfield and Yeovil to visit Sixfields!
Report Spam   Logged
bluebry

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #597 on: April 10, 2019, 21:55:46 pm »

Hello folks, me again Carlisle fan!!!
I see old Curly Chops is completely dividing opinion amongst your fan base, not surprising really as hes done exactly the same with Mansfield, Notts County and us, and now yourselves. Some love him, others (like me) think he will never make a decent manager as long as most of us have holes in our backsides, far to irrational, on the back of fag packet team selections, players not knowing whether they are coming or going, completely dividing his backroom staff etc, etc, etc.
Hope it goes well for you, but I have serious doubts.
Oh and as a matter of interest, is he STILL trying to 'play it from the back'? I know its the modern way of thinking but can really do it with 4th tier players?Huh??? It never worked properly at Brunton Park. 
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #598 on: April 10, 2019, 22:55:55 pm »

Hello folks, me again Carlisle fan!!!
I see old Curly Chops is completely dividing opinion amongst your fan base, not surprising really as hes done exactly the same with Mansfield, Notts County and us, and now yourselves. Some love him, others (like me) think he will never make a decent manager as long as most of us have holes in our backsides, far to irrational, on the back of fag packet team selections, players not knowing whether they are coming or going, completely dividing his backroom staff etc, etc, etc.
Hope it goes well for you, but I have serious doubts.
Oh and as a matter of interest, is he STILL trying to 'play it from the back'? I know its the modern way of thinking but can really do it with 4th tier players?Huh??? It never worked properly at Brunton Park. 
In my opinion - he has absolutely no clue or game plan at all except to chase down and play it into percentage areas - then see what happens !
Funnily enough a lot of players don’t buy into it !
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 11, 2019, 08:05:37 am »

In my opinion - he has absolutely no clue or game plan at all except to chase down and play it into percentage areas - then see what happens !
Funnily enough a lot of players don’t buy into it !

I’m glad you mentioned how you feel about KC, you haven’t shared it with us for at least a day.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: