The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 02:50:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Views on Keith Curle

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Views on Keith Curle  (Read 40348 times)
Mathius

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #600 on: April 11, 2019, 10:04:08 am »

Hello folks, me again Carlisle fan!!!
I see old Curly Chops is completely dividing opinion amongst your fan base, not surprising really as hes done exactly the same with Mansfield, Notts County and us, and now yourselves. Some love him, others (like me) think he will never make a decent manager as long as most of us have holes in our backsides, far to irrational, on the back of fag packet team selections, players not knowing whether they are coming or going, completely dividing his backroom staff etc, etc, etc.
Hope it goes well for you, but I have serious doubts.
Oh and as a matter of interest, is he STILL trying to 'play it from the back'? I know its the modern way of thinking but can really do it with 4th tier players?Huh??? It never worked properly at Brunton Park. 
Some of that sounds familiar already but he's done enough to get us out of trouble - and this with a number of gutless wonders in the squad. Think he will be judged on what he does next season with his own players. My overriding concern is how committed he is to the club. He regularly gives the players the day off on Monday's and they think it's because he just wants to  cut down on the travelling from home.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #601 on: April 11, 2019, 10:32:44 am »

Are you seriously hinting that the players are disgruntled about getting a day off?
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #602 on: April 11, 2019, 10:38:34 am »

Some of that sounds familiar already but he's done enough to get us out of trouble - and this with a number of gutless wonders in the squad. Think he will be judged on what he does next season with his own players. My overriding concern is how committed he is to the club. He regularly gives the players the day off on Monday's and they think it's because he just wants to  cut down on the travelling from home.
He is our manager, coach and chief motivator. I’ve always thought this excuse is a cop out...they are his players
Report Spam   Logged
bluebry

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #603 on: April 11, 2019, 11:05:21 am »

Aye but this could be where your troubles really begin.
He also saved us from relegation the first year he was here, unfortunately the board thought he had done a wonderful job and then started backing him big style with (what seemed on paper) decent signings....happy days....or so we thought. But then came the tinkering, it was evident before, but a lot of us put it down to just getting the players and systems into a style he wanted, unfortunately though it didn't stop. The only time he did leave it alone was when he went on a winning run (think it was about 17 games) which was great, but sure enough as soon as it came to an end the very next game he made 4 changes, and they never got into that kind of form/rhythm again.
You have to look at it this way after Curle left, so did some of the bigger earners we were left with what most of us thought were errr not very good, but after a slow start Sheridan turned us into a really hard working efficient side, and 8 of those players were here under Curle. Kind of tell you a story, doesn't it?
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 11, 2019, 14:23:40 pm »

Let's hope he learns from his past mistakes.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #605 on: April 11, 2019, 14:45:17 pm »

He is our manager, coach and chief motivator. I’ve always thought this excuse is a cop out...they are his players

Agreed.

And when people say "give him the summer to sign his players"....where are all these players? Sitting around waiting for Keith to call? More than likely they are with other clubs, under contracts.

Unless of course we really are going to have an overhaul over the summer and fill our team with freebies and loan signings.

I think the fanbase is pretty much agreed that the squad needs an overhaul, and needs the dead wood chopping. I'm just not sure I want Curle to be in charge of that process.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #606 on: April 11, 2019, 14:54:38 pm »

Let's hope he learns from his past mistakes.

What are his errors ? I can think of one which is tinkering but is questionable considering the vagaries of the squad. Will be interesting to learn of some his past mistakes from you. Heaven forbid that your comment is merely a soundbite for the disillusioned on here.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3264

« Reply #607 on: April 11, 2019, 16:35:50 pm »

Agreed.

And when people say "give him the summer to sign his players"....where are all these players? Sitting around waiting for Keith to call? More than likely they are with other clubs, under contracts.

Unless of course we really are going to have an overhaul over the summer and fill our team with freebies and loan signings.

I think the fanbase is pretty much agreed that the squad needs an overhaul, and needs the dead wood chopping. I'm just not sure I want Curle to be in charge of that process.
Who would you want in charge?  Austin, JFH, Edinburgh, Page...............................................................!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #608 on: April 11, 2019, 16:59:37 pm »

Who would you want in charge?  Austin, JFH, Edinburgh, Page...............................................................!!!!

Jurgen Klopp? 
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 12, 2019, 08:52:40 am »

What are his errors ? I can think of one which is tinkering but is questionable considering the vagaries of the squad. Will be interesting to learn of some his past mistakes from you. Heaven forbid that your comment is merely a soundbite for the disillusioned on here.
Not at all, Everbrite. I do believe a player playing well deserves to keep his place. I also believe you should settle on a formation and play this most of time, only changing when situation  or personnel dictates. Some defeats have been self-inflicted. Substitutions, at times, have been baffling.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 12, 2019, 08:59:32 am »

I said before KC came in, Neal Ardley. He 's turning around Notts County from what looked like a seemingly impossible position. Expect them to survive and be amongst the promotion pack next season.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 12, 2019, 09:02:36 am »

Are you seriously hinting that the players are disgruntled about getting a day off?
Only the motivated ones that can't understand having Monday after a defeat. They think it sends out a bad message.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #612 on: April 12, 2019, 09:51:09 am »

Austin and Hasselbaink no, but I don’t think Curle has done anything above what Page and Edinburgh did, and for me, the football being played is boring and predictable. The only unpredictable thing is his team selections.

I don’t know who’s out there now, but I’m sure there would be someone in the usual 40-50 applicants that would stand out.

Failing that, I’ve already mentioned Kevin Wilkin who is doing a great job down the road a Brackley, or even Jon Brady who is bringing our youth players on in leaps and bounds and has them playing some really decent football.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 09:56:43 am by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 12, 2019, 10:21:45 am »

Austin and Hasselbaink no, but I don’t think Curle has done anything above what Page and Edinburgh did, and for me, the football being played is boring and predictable. The only unpredictable thing is his team selections.

I don’t know who’s out there now, but I’m sure there would be someone in the usual 40-50 applicants that would stand out.

Failing that, I’ve already mentioned Kevin Wilkin who is doing a great job down the road a Brackley, or even Jon Brady who is bringing our youth players on in leaps and bounds and has them playing some really decent football.
Good shout! I would take either of them.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 12, 2019, 10:29:13 am »

Only the motivated ones that can't understand having Monday after a defeat. They think it sends out a bad message.

Ah, only the “motivated ones” - seems a bit harsh to use this as another stick to beat KC with when it is disconcertingly vague and the man himself can’t respond - he might have a perfectly good reason why they don’t always train on Mondays (beside your thinly veiled barb about him not having to travel down from his home).
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: April 12, 2019, 10:49:14 am »

Ah, only the “motivated ones” - seems a bit harsh to use this as another stick to beat KC with when it is disconcertingly vague and the man himself can’t respond - he might have a perfectly good reason why they don’t always train on Mondays (beside your thinly veiled barb about him not having to travel down from his home).
Whatever
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 12, 2019, 11:27:15 am »

Whatever

Good comeback, I didn’t realise that I had offended you/hit a nerve - just putting forward the other side of the argument. If you’re going to set yourself up as the Julian Assange of the training ground then I think it’s only fair that you provide specifics or at least give KC a fair deal. Before I get accused of being a Curle happy clapper I was thoroughly underwhelmed when he was appointed but I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt (we have no other option anyway so you might as well get any notion of Kevin wilkin etc out of your head) and see what the start of next season brings, the style of football is attritional at times to say the least but I’m interested to see if it has been a pragmatic short term decision and whether he can put together an effective and vaguely attractive squad.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 12, 2019, 11:58:27 am »

Good comeback, I didn’t realise that I had offended you/hit a nerve - just putting forward the other side of the argument. If you’re going to set yourself up as the Julian Assange of the training ground then I think it’s only fair that you provide specifics or at least give KC a fair deal. Before I get accused of being a Curle happy clapper I was thoroughly underwhelmed when he was appointed but I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt (we have no other option anyway so you might as well get any notion of Kevin wilkin etc out of your head) and see what the start of next season brings, the style of football is attritional at times to say the least but I’m interested to see if it has been a pragmatic short term decision and whether he can put together an effective and vaguely attractive squad.
You did neither, but if you read my previous post/s you will have seen it mirrors what you go on to say. I think KC has done enough to earn the opportunity to bring in his own players and show what he can do with them. My main concern is how committed he is to the Club - and for good reason. 
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #618 on: April 12, 2019, 12:04:51 pm »

My main concern is how committed he is to the Club - and for good reason. 

What good reason is that?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #619 on: April 12, 2019, 12:18:38 pm »

Well said Irchy. Some people seem to think there is better out there, until they arrive and then those same people complain about the style of football or the way they talk or whatever else they can think of. Gary Johnson was a fans choice and look what happened with that.

Normally teams take a day off during the week. KC maybe takes Monday off instead of Wednesday so he can get his points across in the four remaining days of the week. That's his choice.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: