The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 08:21:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Views on Keith Curle

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Views on Keith Curle  (Read 40486 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #620 on: April 12, 2019, 12:31:49 pm »

Whatever

I find it extraordinary naive for some posters to recommend/urge non league managers to be considered. One example is the citing of the Brackley Town Manager to be given a chance having had some success at lower league level. It might have been more relevant if Brackley/or Wilkin were in the Conference.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 12:36:56 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 12, 2019, 12:35:17 pm »

What good reason is that?

+
if only he could divulge his source and/or reasons.
Report Spam   Logged

Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #622 on: April 12, 2019, 12:40:10 pm »

If the training ground/dressing room is such a seething pit of misery then how come the out of contract players are more or less queuing up to beg for another 1/2 years (and before anyone suggests it even the likes of bowditch and Powell will have no difficulties whatsoever in finding another club to take them on)?
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #623 on: April 12, 2019, 13:12:05 pm »

I find it extraordinary naive for some posters to recommend/urge non league managers to be considered. .
The Cowley brothers at Lincoln haven't done too bad. They were PE teachers in Southend whilst managing Concord Rangers, moved to Braintree and the rest is history.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 12, 2019, 13:35:36 pm »

The Cowley brothers at Lincoln haven't done too bad. They were PE teachers in Southend whilst managing Concord Rangers, moved to Braintree and the rest is history.

Braintree were in the Conference at the time and finished 3rd. That was my point being in the Conference. Under those circumstances NTFC might well have considered the Bros. Similar to Wilder?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 13:43:53 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #625 on: April 12, 2019, 15:04:37 pm »

If the training ground/dressing room is such a seething pit of misery then how come the out of contract players are more or less queuing up to beg for another 1/2 years

money

next question!?!
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 12, 2019, 15:40:05 pm »

money

next question!?!

Money what - regardless of what you or any of us think about the players none of them will be unemployed next season.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #627 on: April 12, 2019, 15:54:04 pm »

Money what - regardless of what you or any of us think about the players none of them will be unemployed next season.

Apart from Iaciofano and possibly Goff and Coddington, who if released will probably need to play at a lower level and get proper jobs.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #628 on: April 12, 2019, 19:45:35 pm »

Yes, money. As in how much. They may very well get a job at Sawbridge United on 2/6 a week but they would rather be earning 4 gazillion at NTFC for doing rugger all. Get shot of the lot of them. We can't do much worse. Can we?
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 12, 2019, 19:51:10 pm »

My point was that most of them will get a 1 or 2 year contract either with us or elsewhere in this league/the conference -  in football there is always some mug who thinks they can get the best out of a Daniel Powell or a Dean Bowditch on a consistent basis (I just hope that we aren’t the mug in question).
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #630 on: April 12, 2019, 22:58:24 pm »

If the training ground/dressing room is such a seething pit of misery then how come the out of contract players are more or less queuing up to beg for another 1/2 years (and before anyone suggests it even the likes of bowditch and Powell will have no difficulties whatsoever in finding another club to take them on)?

I disagree Irchy I think you may find even Buchs ends up in the conference
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #631 on: April 12, 2019, 23:00:38 pm »

My point was that most of them will get a 1 or 2 year contract either with us or elsewhere in this league/the conference -  in football there is always some mug who thinks they can get the best out of a Daniel Powell or a Dean Bowditch on a consistent basis (I just hope that we aren’t the mug in question).

I bet they don't Irchy - I reckon even Buchs will end up no higher than the conference!
Report Spam   Logged
spqr

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 13, 2019, 12:50:30 pm »

Dave Bowen did well without managing elsewhere.  Instead of expecting results after 10 games, give managers time.

The more I look at lower league football, the more I see a set of footballers and managers drifting from one club to club to another for a season or two looking for another wage.  It's actually a sad life unless you make it big somewhere.

I still watch the Cobblers when they play up North, but do not expect much.  The night at Macclesfield this season was good.

The game at Morecambe...

Report Spam   Logged
BMON

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 13, 2019, 20:23:20 pm »

What really really bothers me was how KT has allowed us to get into this position!

Its been clear for weeks and weeks we need creatvity in midfield along with a real ball-winner - we really do miss  Crooks in there for that in my opinion!

The midfield has been too airy fairy((un PC) and easily knocked off the ball all year this has never been addressed! - Having said that Foley was our man of the match by a country mile today and has really improved the last few weeks.

On top of all this what also really worries me any ball over the top against any striker with pace cause us all sorts of trouble.

So I think those people who think sign a couple of forwards and we will be okay are mistaken! - We need 5 - 6 players to turn us into a play off challenging team!

The other real bother I have is how Curle can allow us to go into a game with just Hoskins as a striking option? and the quality of the loan players we have had in are garbage - you just have to look at the quality of other teams strikers all season  to see these quality players are avalible to get on loan (its just having the contacts!) - does Taly ho old bean have these?Huh?

I was speaing to a few Mansfield fans today on leaving and their come from the Kent area sotheir  knew lots about him before he cam on loan as pasrt of the Morias deal - they think if he continues to score a high end league 1 or champ club will come in for him in the summer as Butron don't want him, but he is clearly quality from todays showing!

Lets hope things improve - thePollock lad  brings some more creativity

I feel this won't change things over night tho and we need 3 or 4 more players to become a challenger - also is this all too late now?

Last point is why on earth did he  throw Morias on todday? - What the hell had he got to lose the last 10-15 mins? And how does he feel not only does a centre half play up front in front of him, but he doesn't even get on when drawing 1-1 with 10 mins to go!!!???!!!

Also Hoskins was totally dire yesterday looked like a park player and there is no way he will be getting a new contract in my opnion!
The right of reply is linked
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 20:31:12 pm by BMON » Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #634 on: April 13, 2019, 21:02:32 pm »

Sorry. You thought Foley was motm by a mile? Fair play, we saw that game very differently  Grin I lost count of the number of times he aimlessly hoofed the ball in the first half.

Certainly wouldn't knock his efforts, but for me he's a very average league 2 player. Hoping that we don't offer him a new deal personally.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #635 on: April 13, 2019, 21:33:00 pm »

What really really bothers me was how KT has allowed us to get into this position!

Its been clear for weeks and weeks we need creatvity in midfield along with a real ball-winner - we really do miss  Crooks in there for that in my opinion!

The midfield has been too airy fairy((un PC) and easily knocked off the ball all year this has never been addressed! - Having said that Foley was our man of the match by a country mile today and has really improved the last few weeks.

On top of all this what also really worries me any ball over the top against any striker with pace cause us all sorts of trouble.

So I think those people who think sign a couple of forwards and we will be okay are mistaken! - We need 5 - 6 players to turn us into a play off challenging team!

The other real bother I have is how Curle can allow us to go into a game with just Hoskins as a striking option? and the quality of the loan players we have had in are garbage - you just have to look at the quality of other teams strikers all season  to see these quality players are avalible to get on loan (its just having the contacts!) - does Taly ho old bean have these?Huh?

I was speaing to a few Mansfield fans today on leaving and their come from the Kent area sotheir  knew lots about him before he cam on loan as pasrt of the Morias deal - they think if he continues to score a high end league 1 or champ club will come in for him in the summer as Butron don't want him, but he is clearly quality from todays showing!

Lets hope things improve - thePollock lad  brings some more creativity

I feel this won't change things over night tho and we need 3 or 4 more players to become a challenger - also is this all too late now?

Last point is why on earth did he  throw Morias on todday? - What the hell had he got to lose the last 10-15 mins? And how does he feel not only does a centre half play up front in front of him, but he doesn't even get on when drawing 1-1 with 10 mins to go!!!???!!!

Also Hoskins was totally dire yesterday looked like a park player and there is no way he will be getting a new contract in my opnion!
The right of reply is linked

Someone?  anyone please?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 13, 2019, 21:45:06 pm »

Someone?  anyone please?

I can see BMON now swilling champagne on the settee, havana cigar. Idly tapping away on his keyboard confusing us all!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 22:03:23 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

guest3086

« Reply #637 on: April 16, 2019, 08:50:13 am »

I was Havana cigar near Notre-Dame.
Report Spam   Logged
bpcobbler

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 05, 2019, 23:37:12 pm »

Despite all the negativity on these boards over the last few months, I believe that the 8 signings so far, prove that KC/KT are up for the fight, and their intent to achieve promotion is clear... 2019/20 might just be special...   Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #639 on: June 06, 2019, 06:14:45 am »

Despite all the negativity on these boards over the last few months, I believe that the 8 signings so far, prove that KC/KT are up for the fight, and their intent to achieve promotion is clear... 2019/20 might just be special...   Wink

Difficult to argue with this (although some will struggle with a quote that paints KT anything less than satan 😉 )

Key now is matchday tactics and man management - although the latter tends to take care of itself in a winning team.

I’m looking forward to August.......
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: