The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:22:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Kelvin Thomas

Poll
Question: Should KT remain in his position at NTFC ?  (Voting closed: January 15, 2019, 21:03:57 pm)
Yes - 40 (51.9%)
No - 37 (48.1%)
Total Voters: 67

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kelvin Thomas  (Read 9911 times)
tcobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« on: January 08, 2019, 21:03:57 pm »

Seeing as there seems to be a liking to change ownership of NTFC, do people really think KT is doing such a bad job ?
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 21:08:54 pm »

Seeing as there seems to be a liking to change ownership of NTFC, do people really think KT is doing such a bad job ?
No, his hearts not in it and never has been.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3230

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 21:12:25 pm »

I voted yes.

Purely on the basis I don't know who or what the alternative is though. Not because I think he is doing well.

End of story. Bye.
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 21:16:00 pm »

‘If’ there’s a better option then he should go, but I think the very reason he’s still here gives us the answer that there’s not.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 21:29:11 pm »

As touched upon already, this can only be answered comparatively to all viable options? I think KT is doing as well as could be expected from any outsider, given that an outsider will always put their own interests before that of the club. That’s to be expected and completely reasonable but doesn’t and will never reconcile with the expectations of the supporters. An unhappy marriage if you will and will always be the case whichever outside investor turns up.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 21:31:17 pm »

As touched upon already, this can only be answered comparatively to all viable options? I think KT is doing as well as could be expected from any outsider, given that an outsider will always put their own interests before that of the club. That’s to be expected and completely reasonable but doesn’t and will never reconcile with the expectations of the supporters. An unhappy marriage if you will and will always be the case whichever outside investor turns up.
You seriously think he is doing well?
I think the sun and the mid strength gone to your head buddy.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3114

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 21:33:48 pm »

You seriously think he is doing well?
I think the sun and the mid strength gone to your head buddy.
Didn’t say that Manny, what I am trying to point out is that an outsider coming in and taking over a football club is far from an ideal combo. A bit like vodka and 150 lashes if you will?
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 07:15:55 am »

If someone better comes along who can grow the club then he should sell up and move on which I believe he will do. I dont think he should be chased out of the club or give it to the fans however.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 08:04:14 am »

Wrote this a few months ago for the NeneQuirer. Not much has changed since. There are macro level problems at this football club, many predate Kelvin Thomas. They are solvable though and think we've reached the tipping point.

https://nenequirer.com/2018/09/17/gripped-by-the-cobblers-we-cant-go-on-like-this/
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2019, 08:18:12 am »

Wrote this a few months ago for the NeneQuirer. Not much has changed since. There are macro level problems at this football club, many predate Kelvin Thomas. They are solvable though and think we've reached the tipping point.

https://nenequirer.com/2018/09/17/gripped-by-the-cobblers-we-cant-go-on-like-this/

Sadly true & a well written article that rather concentrating on a KT hate campaign highlights the real issues - it's sad and whilst easy to suggest what should be done, reality is playing out a different and miserable outcome.
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2019, 08:22:48 am »

Is he still here? You never hear from him.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2019, 08:39:29 am »

Sadly true & a well written article that rather concentrating on a KT hate campaign highlights the real issues - it's sad and whilst easy to suggest what should be done, reality is playing out a different and miserable outcome.

Absolutely no point hounding Kelvin Thomas. He has done little wrong as long as has stuck to the terms of his takeover and the club is solvent like he has said. I just question whether he has the time and desire to tackle the bigger issues at the club and instigate a sea change in its direction.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2019, 08:42:59 am »

Does anyone know (the Trust possibly) when the club will need a further cash injection from the owners to keep going ? The witching hour must be coming soon - season ticket cash spent, very high wage bill to pay, knocked out of all cup competitions, very few additional persons prepared to watch mediocre League 2 football, most valuable asset sold on the first (?) day of the transfer window.

Is the Football League subsidy paid in instalments through the season or in one lump sum ?
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2019, 08:48:05 am »

Does anyone know (the Trust possibly) when the club will need a further cash injection from the owners to keep going ? The witching hour must be coming soon - season ticket cash spent, very high wage bill to pay, knocked out of all cup competitions, very few additional persons prepared to watch mediocre League 2 football, most valuable asset sold on the first (?) day of the transfer window.

Is the Football League subsidy paid in instalments through the season or in one lump sum ?

The Trust should be all over the books after the Cardoza reign.
Report Spam   Logged
Wattie

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2019, 08:53:12 am »

I believe he is doing the best he can within current constraints
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2019, 08:57:29 am »

Yes, because we don't appear to have any suitable replacement coming forward.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2019, 08:58:38 am »

Yes, because we don't appear to have any suitable replacement coming forward.

We have no idea what interest there is in the club so that is a moot point.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2019, 09:09:46 am »

KT’s response in the past has always been that he has provided every manager with as much as he could, the biggest criticism you can level at him is that post Wilder he has appointed a succession of crap managers who have in turn spunked fortunes up the wall on average to poor players. Whilst saying that, there was no way of knowing at the time that these managers and players were going to be as much of a disaster as they have been and we’re paying royally (literally) for that now. My biggest concern is that on several occasions he has said that he is happy with everything apart from the results - I think the vast majority of the supporters would take issue with that as I can’t see one thing about the club at the moment that is positive. Make no mistake if we don’t scramble a win in the near future we are in a real crisis, looking at the form table we are on a terrible run - we have lost one of the only “flair” players that we had and if we were to lose crooks as well I don’t know where we’ll be.
Report Spam   Logged
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2019, 09:14:39 am »

We have no idea what interest there is in the club so that is a moot point.

By that logic, this thread shouldn't exist
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 09:16:27 am by claretparrot » Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2019, 09:15:38 am »

The clubs funding is supported on an ongoing basis by the Shareholders. They want to sell to recover their injections to date. They will continue to support at least in the short term.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: