The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:05:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Kelvin Thomas

Poll
Question: Should KT remain in his position at NTFC ?  (Voting closed: January 15, 2019, 21:03:57 pm)
Yes - 40 (51.9%)
No - 37 (48.1%)
Total Voters: 67

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kelvin Thomas  (Read 9910 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2019, 07:56:55 am »

Whats the alternative then? Surely driving out a chairman with no one to take over and hoping for the best is worst than someone who is at least maintaining the status quo? I must be missing something.
The alternative is he lowers his asking price to a sensible amount that we get an owner who is willing to invest.
There are numerous meetings with potential buyers FACT.
The fact that so many of our support are happy with the status quo is deeply worrying for the future, personally I am not happy with flirting with relegation to non league on a regular basis.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2019, 08:43:47 am »

My apologies Mrs Thomas.

BedsCobb, I can assure you that I have absolutely no link to the club in any way other than being a matchday supporter when finances allow. I would appreciate it if you could refrain from implying otherwise.

My comments earlier were my opinion about the takeover situation at the time (I think we were proverbially on the edge of the cliff) and I agree with the poster who said that KT and DB saw a business opportunity and took it. No more, no less.

Also, in my opinion only of course, the next change of ownership is probably the most important in the club's history.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 09:22:30 am by 1971cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2019, 11:50:41 am »

The alternative is he lowers his asking price to a sensible amount that we get an owner who is willing to invest.
The fact that so many of our support are happy with the status quo is deeply worrying for the future, personally I am not happy with flirting with relegation to non league on a regular basis.

Must agree. The words "we've always been a fourth division club" is getting tiresome.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
guest170

« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2019, 12:35:40 pm »

It is a fact that he has held meetings, the amount he is asking for (as far as I am aware) is purely fictional.
If the question was KT or [INSERT NAME] then as long as the person was suitable then I would vote for the person. When its KT or nothing then its KT. Thats what I mean by a viable alternative.
KT just no longer being in the chair with no one to replace him, or just saying 'the fans will do it' isnt for me viable.
Even though I am generally against the idea of fan owned, if a full and clear proposal was put forward then it can be reviewed, at the moment we dont have that. With the work the Trust are apparently doing, and i think Meccano might be involved then we may have a viable alternative.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2019, 12:54:52 pm »

Id like to see the pressure fully ramped up on him from all circles and I wholeheartedly believe that in the coming weeks it will. When people start to get an idea of the money he may well have made from the Chinese 'windfall' (Im lead to believe this is 5-7million quid and I wouldn't put that on here if I wasn't confident, albeit I have no way to back it up - lets be clear here, there is currently no trail of funds available to see. Then possibly those who 'support' his current manifesto which *appears* to be to make as much money from the land he has got hold of, with zero tangible benefit to NTFC (we can all agree there are no publicised plans), could start to feel very differently.

Probably just a coincidence that NTFC came under the "umbrella" of the British Virgin Islands registered company, Belle De Jour around the same time ?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2090

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2019, 13:01:41 pm »

Id like to see the pressure fully ramped up on him from all circles and I wholeheartedly believe that in the coming weeks it will. When people start to get an idea of the money he may well have made from the Chinese 'windfall' (Im lead to believe this is 5-7million quid and I wouldn't put that on here if I wasn't confident, albeit I have no way to back it up - lets be clear here, there is currently no trail of funds available to see. Then possibly those who 'support' his current manifesto which *appears* to be to make as much money from the land he has got hold of, with zero tangible benefit to NTFC (we can all agree there are no publicised plans), could start to feel very differently.

if memory serves me right, when the chinese arrangement went sour, most on here were suggesting no money was ever invested, which makes your allegation that he made 5-7 million quid out of it difficult to understand (and yes i may be a tad slow, but i can't work it out).
Report Spam   Logged
ntfc01

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2019, 16:39:27 pm »

I wouldn't say supporters are happy with the status quo. It me more like there's nothing we can do about it. I personally am not happy but you know what I have more important things to worry about that I can do something about
Report Spam   Logged
guest3230

« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2019, 17:41:48 pm »

If KT made 5-7 million from the Chinese saga then why would he still be here!?
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2019, 19:52:01 pm »

Indeed - quite an accusation from a member of the trust board.
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2019, 20:03:58 pm »

Yes. In a shallow grave.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2019, 20:58:07 pm »

I'm sure if he made £7m from land and the Chinese he would've chucked in a measly several hundred grand at tarting up the east to avoid being embarrased by his total lack of action on the football front. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2019, 21:17:00 pm »

Looks like he has recently become a director of a company
 https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11638005/officers
Report Spam   Logged
guest3245

« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2019, 21:31:19 pm »

Looks like he has recently become a director of a company
 https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11638005/officers

My guess by the name is that he has invested in a business targetting the latest craze .... "Escape Rooms".  You know the one.... where you lock a group of people in a room, and they have a fixed time to work out the clues required to open the door before they burn to death.

Either that, or it's a business designed to facilitate his Escape from the Trap that is NTFC........
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2019, 21:42:31 pm »

My guess by the name is that he has invested in a business targetting the latest craze .... "Escape Rooms".  You know the one.... where you lock a group of people in a room, and they have a fixed time to work out the clues required to open the door before they burn to death.

Either that, or it's a business designed to facilitate his Escape from the Trap that is NTFC........
Hmmmm, an interesting choice of name. At this point in time I was unable to ascertain what goods and services they provide?
Report Spam   Logged
The Hask
Martin Hasker

www.TeynAwayDays.com - Away travel for Cobblers

View Profile WWW
Webmaster Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2019, 22:18:13 pm »

Hmmmm, an interesting choice of name. At this point in time I was unable to ascertain what goods and services they provide?

Is it the same trappd that is in Billing Aquadrome and in town centre https://trappd.com/

I have played two of the rooms - good fun
Report Spam   Logged

www.teynawaydays.com Hotel End GTA Champion 2010/11 - Wearing the claret with pride.    X (Twitter) @martinhasker
guest2677

« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2019, 22:22:03 pm »

Kelvin holds the keys.
He plays a similar game at Trappd Sixfields where he holds 2000 odd hostage for an entire season.
Report Spam   Logged
The Hask
Martin Hasker

www.TeynAwayDays.com - Away travel for Cobblers

View Profile WWW
Webmaster Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2019, 07:51:57 am »

Kelvin holds the keys.
He plays a similar game at Trappd Sixfields where he holds 2000 odd hostage for an entire season.
Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

www.teynawaydays.com Hotel End GTA Champion 2010/11 - Wearing the claret with pride.    X (Twitter) @martinhasker
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2019, 13:00:24 pm »

I was a lot younger, but i'm wondering just how bad things were in the McRitchie, Stonhill and Underwood days.

Those were the days fans used to protest about the running of the club, and actually call for the head of the chairman.

Said chairman was usually removed and someone else came along!

I don't remember us being "non-league"......so league position wise things could not have been any better or worse than they are now.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2019, 14:11:25 pm »

When people start to get an idea of the money he may well have made from the Chinese 'windfall' (Im lead to believe this is 5-7million quid...

KT personally made up to seven million pounds from the Chinese investment?
I find that very, very difficult to believe. It defies logic on so many levels!

Happy to be proven wrong of course. At that point, my vote would irreversibly switch to 'KT should pass the club on to any credible investor, for a zero consideration'.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2019, 14:46:12 pm »

TRAPPD is one of the companies which gives discounts to NTFC members.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: