The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:25:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Kelvin Thomas

Poll
Question: Should KT remain in his position at NTFC ?  (Voting closed: January 15, 2019, 21:03:57 pm)
Yes - 40 (51.9%)
No - 37 (48.1%)
Total Voters: 67

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kelvin Thomas  (Read 9933 times)
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2019, 09:27:30 am »

Whilst you are at it why not ask the man himself, KT? After all, he has the the best interests of the club at heart and has always been open and transparent in his dealings with supporters. Then again..........................

Mainly because it is Trust members or those that have heard from Trust members that these rumours have originated from.

If they know something or are worried about things then the whole supporter base should be told, not just a few rants on here or telling their friends.

I've added KT to the tweet also, if it makes you feel better?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3230

« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2019, 09:58:20 am »

Mainly because it is Trust members or those that have heard from Trust members that these rumours have originated from.

If they know something or are worried about things then the whole supporter base should be told, not just a few rants on here or telling their friends.

I've added KT to the tweet also, if it makes you feel better?

Agreed.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2019, 09:59:43 am »

I'll be honest enough to tell you what someone who purported to be at the Trust meeting this week told me.....

We have to make immediate savings of £100,000 per month.......explains the early transfer window sales of Crooks and Van Veen, the release of Kasim and the loan of Waters.

The local consortium fronted by Brian Binley, and possibly containing David Jackson have been priced out of a deal.

There will soon be an announcement by the Trust about a public fans forum to discuss the possibility of taking the first steps towards fans becoming involved in the running of the club.

Over to the Trust to confirm or deny my claims.

Is this the same Brian Binley who wanted to put a massive toxic incinerator on the edge of Westbridge / St James?

Thanks for sharing GPC.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2019, 10:32:07 am »

Please tell me who these wonderful people are that would do all that you mention above?

As for the general public, you are having a laugh.
Thomas has said he had offers but probably didn't offer him the vast sums hes looking for..These people.
Also just look at the saints for what you can expect should the town and its football club work together.
Steady well thought out plan's, working closely with our potential catchment that shows good progress is preferable to instant riches from a sugar daddy when trying to build up the clubs support base.
This is why we would be better off with a local consortium/ supporters group.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 10:34:56 am by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2019, 10:43:00 am »

I am amazed......the poll has turned on its head...and more people now want KT to stay than to go!!

What can I say?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest168

« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2019, 10:49:15 am »

Well said Beds

You can't get KT to give you a straight answer about anything let alone offshore money from China via Dubai / BVI etc so I doubt very much you will ever get an answer about who owns what, how much money, where the money come from etc

Posters saying that the Chinese would not give £6m and walk away, well I would not be surprised if that money was 'dirty' and is not worth anywhere near the same as clean money. The FACT (sorry but it is) that KT / Bower etc hold most of the companies in offshore businesses tells you all you need to know, especially when you add in some of their broken promises and dubious (at best) practices of screwing over fans and NBC council

Again KT is the front man so he get most of the praise / stick, my first thought was if he had got £6m then why not walk away, but thinking about it I bet he never saw much of that money, afterall Bower / Chinese / Dubai are the money men, KT is a glorified lacky running around for all these 'rich' folk, fronting as a football man.

I am glad we are losing games and losing our players as more fans will finally realise that THEY has no interest in our club other than money and with foundations built on sand things can quickly crumbling, the tide is coming in, time to man the life boats. If we have to go backwards to go forwards then so be it.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2019, 11:10:16 am »

This is why we would be better off with a local consortium/ supporters group.

So you are in favor Brian Binley to run our club? Yes or no will be sufficient.
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2019, 11:16:14 am »

So you are in favor Brian Binley to run our club? Yes or no will be sufficient.

Where did anyone say Binley would be running the club?

I saw him as the local guy who seemed to be facilitating the talks. He was the one I saw telling KT what a good deal was on the table at the MK game earlier in the season.
Report Spam   Logged

Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2019, 11:20:34 am »

Where did anyone say Binley would be running the club?

I saw him as the local guy who seemed to be facilitating the talks. He was the one I saw telling KT what a good deal was on the table at the MK game earlier in the season.

To be honest it was the bit where you said "The local consortium fronted by Brian Binley" that gave me the notion.
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2019, 11:24:41 am »

To be honest it was the bit where you said "The local consortium fronted by Brian Binley" that gave me the notion.

Fair comment.
Report Spam   Logged

Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2019, 11:26:15 am »

Fair comment.

Thank you.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #131 on: January 12, 2019, 13:23:27 pm »

I am amazed......the poll has turned on its head...and more people now want KT to stay than to go!!

What can I say?

Why are you surprised?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2019, 13:31:50 pm »

Dear Random  you say,

I am glad we are losing games and losing our players as more fans will finally realise that THEY has no interest in our club other than money and with foundations built on sand things can quickly crumbling, the tide is coming in, time to man the life boats. If we have to go backwards to go forwards then so be it.

This above will not endear you to many on here!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2019, 14:01:32 pm »

Why are you surprised?

Because it turned around after the players started getting sold!

Not surprised that we seem to have so many sheep, blindly believing that everything will come good eventually, or still praising Kelvin for saving the club, or even accepting the fact that we have been in the bottom two divisions for most of our history, therefore they are happy with whatever!

The question was skewed anyway.....if it had been "Do you think the chairman is doing a good job?" I would have expected a different result. People have admitted that they voted for him to stay because they didn't know what the other option was.....if he went, who would be chairman. Better the devil you know?
Report Spam   Logged

guest168

« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2019, 18:16:28 pm »

Hi Evers, I am not popular on here anyway  Grin

Great result for the team today, I am pretty sure we will stay up, which we certainly need to do

However there is so so much wrong with KT ownership, my frustration that fans like yourself can't see it and seem happy to wallow in mediocrity means that someone even more drastic to happen for some to wake-up

I though you (and many others) might at least be more sceptical after DC
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #135 on: January 12, 2019, 20:35:29 pm »

Your problem Random is you think your way is the only way. You alienate  yourself with your attitude. Alot of people agree that KT is not doing a good job but you see your idea as being the only one that is worth considering. Although is seems at the moment more people want KT to stay than leave.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest3114

« Reply #136 on: January 12, 2019, 21:25:00 pm »

I think the problem with the revolutionists is that anyone who criticises their business plan is deemed to be either pro KT or pro the status quo of languishing at the bottom of the football league. Speaking for myself I am vehemently neither of those, and when someone comes up with a workable plan I for one will be right behind it. The issue I have is that the main protagonists ideas are so flawed they turn sensible people off . To be honest in the impossible event their plans were instigated, the club would hurtle into oblivion within 6 months. It’s not just that the figures they pull out of their @rse are pure comedy gold. I am afraid that for me they are nothing more than another (all be it comparatively small) obsticle to overcome for change at the club. The net result of all months of procrastination is that if they are typical of the majority, they are just another reason that people doubt a fan run club is even viable. For what it’s worth my advice would be that if change is really the aim of some, they should take caution in their tone and restrict their commentary to sensible observation. I doubt they will though as in my opinion the future of the club comes a poor second to being proved right having embarrassed themselves in the eye of many for so long with their nonsense attempts at facts, figures and business plans.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2019, 05:09:09 am »

I think the problem with the revolutionists is that anyone who criticises their business plan is deemed to be either pro KT or pro the status quo of languishing at the bottom of the football league. Speaking for myself I am vehemently neither of those, and when someone comes up with a workable plan I for one will be right behind it. The issue I have is that the main protagonists ideas are so flawed they turn sensible people off . To be honest in the impossible event their plans were instigated, the club would hurtle into oblivion within 6 months. It’s not just that the figures they pull out of their @rse are pure comedy gold. I am afraid that for me they are nothing more than another (all be it comparatively small) obsticle to overcome for change at the club. The net result of all months of procrastination is that if they are typical of the majority, they are just another reason that people doubt a fan run club is even viable. For what it’s worth my advice would be that if change is really the aim of some, they should take caution in their tone and restrict their commentary to sensible observation. I doubt they will though as in my opinion the future of the club comes a poor second to being proved right having embarrassed themselves in the eye of many for so long with their nonsense attempts at facts, figures and business plans.
What are you on about? All I can read on hear is people advocating we strive to maximise our potential by building up every aspect of the club, be it attendances, corperate revenues, matchday food and beverages, advertising etc, leading to improved player budgets,  improving by another 50% over the next several years, will allow us to challenge in the division above..

How can you not want that?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2019, 06:20:48 am »

What are you on about? All I can read on hear is people advocating we strive to maximise our potential by building up every aspect of the club, be it attendances, corperate revenues, matchday food and beverages, advertising etc, leading to improved player budgets,  improving by another 50% over the next several years, will allow us to challenge in the division above..

How can you not want that?

Here we go again, define exactly how much you consider the 50% figure you have just pulled out of your @rse to be? Given that your latest business plan apparently required no funding and was to be fulfilled entirely on profit I think it’s a fair question? To be honest Beds if the possibility arose, I would be keen to get involved in true fan ownership from a share purchase perspective. Incidentally if the opportunity arose will you be getting involved financially, or is this purely a theoretical keyboard exercise from your perspective? Last time I asked this question, you came up with the no capital plan so I feel another tangent coming on?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2019, 06:37:21 am »

BedsCobb pursues his view with consistency and passion, his optimism and positivity for the next owners to be people who care for the club surely cannot be denied. The last 2 owners have simply had their eye on a land grab and have only had an interest in the football side of things if it added value. Let's face it, there is very little financial gain to be had from a fourth division football club. Instead of the constant negativity and cynicism applied by others, maybe they should get together with BedsCobb and others with his passion to use their much-boasted business prowess to get the financials right instead of taking delight in shooting him down.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: