The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 13:26:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Fan Ownership

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fan Ownership  (Read 27668 times)
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #400 on: March 12, 2019, 15:39:49 pm »

I find it strange that having listened to you banging on about championship football and how easy this would be to achieve with the good folk of Northants behind the club. That you have now scaled down your ambition to supporting a well led league one club  Grin  It would seem that regardless of all of the ridicule that has pursued your hair brained schemes around many avenues of social media, you remained oblivious to good old common sense. Yet one dose of reality on a Sunday afternoon in a Northampton hotel has brought you down to earth with a bump.

To the casual onlooker, it could well appear that you have tried to sell anything other than KT to all and sundry. But having been outed by some who have been there, done it, and got the T Shirt, you are now a convert to sleepy town football. When you hear clubs the size of Portsmouth stating the limitations of hybrid or fan owned models, it finally sinks in doesn't it?. What a shame it took so long, when I and many others were trying to tell you that we are not in KT's pocket. That we actually did, and demonstrably still do have, a decent appraisal of the facts. 

Posts going back some time have spoke about fan ownership. Predominantly it's clear and present limitations. If under YOUR idyllic fan ownership model, we found ourselves following the Exeter model, you and your cronies would be the first raise your pitchforks at the mere whiff of relegation, brought about under the banner of sustainability. I can just hear your reaction to a model that will do it's best to achieve mid table L1 football. But every now and then in order to balance the books relegation is inevitable.

I believe that KT is far from the dream owner. I absolutely agree that he has a vested interest in the land. But I am very confident that you and a few others would accept anything except him. He's ignored you. And you and a few others don't like being ignored.

I could see the blood boiling and the gritted teeth of a few die hard  KT haters, when an employee of NTFC had the gall to stand up and say that she and her colleagues really like their boss. That they are happy. Something that I have stated repeatedly. I could see the haters wincing. 

You know as well as I do, that Sundays meeting was a well meant exploratory process aimed a gauging the fans perspective. But like it or not, it threw up a lot more questions than answers. It was very worth while. But equally it exposed a significant level of naivety within the Trust and the support. It only managed to attract around 2% of the fan base. And there was a clear 50/50 split in the room. So Trust aside, it managed to impact on around 80 supporters, sufficiently enough to give it a chance. 

Have you you scaled down your plans for the stadium, now you've accepted comfortable league one football?  Grin Grin Because I haven't. I still live in hope that one day we will attract some billionaire with a few quid to squander on the club I love. I know that sounds mad. I know it probably won't happen. But it is nowhere near as daft as some of the claptrap spouted by some on here.

Just had time to read the first 2 paragraphs as I hope to make the match from up London, 
Firstly my advocating us being a challenging league 1 club would suggest we are fighting for a top 6 place and not the other meaning of being difficult and annoying when dealing with other clubs😂😂

My crazy arsed schemes as to escape the suffocating   clutches of Thomas and co have yet to be be disproved as such and until its not acting on in favour of something better, it stands😉
Whiting took up on one of my past  ideas of selling ground naming rights to a large national company in order to fit the boces in the east, that was derided also, but fast forward a year and its welcome to the pmt stadium but without the frigging boxes😂😂.
Will read the rest later😚
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 15:42:07 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: