The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:25:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Fan Ownership

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fan Ownership  (Read 26895 times)
guest3230

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2019, 18:33:56 pm »

As I keep commenting, don't get ahead of yourself. See what the Trust comes up with and then, by all means, comment. 

A fair argument but what about those on your side of the argument that are not doing that?
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2019, 18:53:15 pm »

I speak for myself only and, yes, I think we should all keep our powder dry until there is some detail known.  The we can all attend the Trust meeting and express our views.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2019, 21:46:27 pm »

I speak for myself only and, yes, I think we should all keep our powder dry until there is some detail known.  The we can all attend the Trust meeting and express our views.

I think we are keeping our powder dry. There’s no doubt about that
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2019, 00:18:58 am »

Let's hope it is an open and honest debate from all involved.  There are definitely positives to fan ownership but let's be honest about the challenges it poses and what the real long term plan is.

There are definitely some in favour who have a very idealistic way of viewing the way football clubs and football in general should be run without recognising reality.

Let's not just trot out examples like Wycombe by simply looking at the league position compared to ours.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2019, 06:48:23 am »

Let's hope it is an open and honest debate from all involved.  There are definitely positives to fan ownership but let's be honest about the challenges it poses and what the real long term plan is.

There are definitely some in favour who have a very idealistic way of viewing the way football clubs and football in general should be run without recognising reality.

Let's not just trot out examples like Wycombe by simply looking at the league position compared to ours.
Have the last near on 20 years been idealistic,
With the club being run in an ideal view of how a football club with a 300,000 catchment should be run?
The answers no, so major changes to the set up is long overdue and needed.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2019, 07:03:02 am »

Some good points there.

Fan-ownership is probably not the best term unless a 100% model is adopted. Community ownership is probably a better fit for models that might involve the local business community and with at least 11 EFL clubs actively up for sale we might not be the only club looking at it.

Idealistic views can also be said to cover those who believe that private owners gift the club money at will and/or that there is a billionaire coming to take us to the Premier League. Those 2 are pretty prevalent.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 07:16:21 am by meccanostand » Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2019, 09:16:59 am »

Can we just clear up one thing here.. As far as I am aware THERE IS NO FAN OWNERSHIP ON THE HORIZON. So let's not call it that.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3230

« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2019, 09:21:49 am »

Can we just clear up one thing here.. As far as I am aware THERE IS NO FAN OWNERSHIP ON THE HORIZON. So let's not call it that.

Whaaaaaaat!!
 Grin
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2019, 11:31:15 am »

Fan-ownership is probably not the best term unless a 100% model is adopted. Community ownership is probably a better fit for models that might involve the local business community and with at least 11 EFL clubs actively up for sale we might not be the only club looking at it.

Can you expand on what you mean by community ownership as opposed to fan ownership and how local business fit in to a community model such as that.  Also are there any examples of where this is happening already in this format?

Idealistic views can also be said to cover those who believe that private owners gift the club money at will and/or that there is a billionaire coming to take us to the Premier League. Those 2 are pretty prevalent.

In fairness there are more examples of that being the reality than some of the other proposals currently being made.

What I meant in my original point was that there are many people like yourself who believe football is broken and should be much different.  Billionaire owners, Sky money, Premier League, real fans priced out and so on.  All of which I agree with you and I think most also do.  However that is the reality even at lower levels for all clubs.  You can attempt to change how your club is run but you won't be changing the environment it exists in and there are plenty of harsh realities of what that means for the future.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2019, 11:38:25 am »

Can you expand on what you mean by community ownership as opposed to fan ownership and how local business fit in to a community model such as that.  Also are there any examples of where this is happening already in this format?

In fairness there are more examples of that being the reality than some of the other proposals currently being made.

What I meant in my original point was that there are many people like yourself who believe football is broken and should be much different.  Billionaire owners, Sky money, Premier League, real fans priced out and so on.  All of which I agree with you and I think most also do.  However that is the reality even at lower levels for all clubs.  You can attempt to change how your club is run but you won't be changing the environment it exists in and there are plenty of harsh realities of what that means for the future.

Sorry mate I'm not going to preempt the meeting. That is for the Trust to present. I will be taking a look at community ownership at various clubs though via the NeneQuirer and will forward you it though. Cheers.
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2019, 12:34:40 pm »

Sorry mate I'm not going to preempt the meeting. That is for the Trust to present. I will be taking a look at community ownership at various clubs though via the NeneQuirer and will forward you it though. Cheers.

Strange answer.  Does this need to be added to my So Many Secrets thread?

I called it "Fan Ownership" YOU said "It's more Community Ownership alongside local business".  To paraphrase I simply asked you to elaborate on what that meant and what the differences are.  I'm not asking you to preempt any meeting and even if I did why would that be so bad in this open and honest world we are moving towards?

If you don't know the answer that's fine.  If you do what would be the problem in helping others understand?
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2019, 12:59:30 pm »

I'd like to think, in the ideal world, we would all like a club owned and run by a community of fans and business people who are Northampton people at heart. So we have a club that is run for the benefit of the supporters and not run with the idea of lining some peoples pockets.
     Has anyone got a problem with this? If not, then that's what we should all be pushing for.

Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2019, 13:25:24 pm »

I'd like to think, in the ideal world, we would all like a club owned and run by a community of fans and business people who are Northampton people at heart. So we have a club that is run for the benefit of the supporters and not run with the idea of lining some peoples pockets.
     Has anyone got a problem with this? If not, then that's what we should all be pushing for.

We're back to idealism vs realism again though, aren't we? It's a bit like saying I wanted to buy a house so I went to a bank and got a mortgage. The thing is, that bank have no interest in me, my house or my family, they just want to make a profit out of me so, having thought about it, I now wish I'd borrowed from friends and family instead.

The fact is though, your family and friends probably wouldn't have the means or the generosity to loan you the money you needed so you turned to the bank because it was a lot easier and they were willing to help, but only in return for a profit because no, funnily enough they are a business and did indeed only help you out because they saw a business opportunity.

You can agonise over it all you like, but you are now morally and legally obliged to let the bank make the profit they hoped to make out of you because, at the end of the day, you now have the house you wanted.

If you go back through that and replace "house" with "football club", "friends and family" with "supporters" and "bank" with "KT and DB" and that's the way I see the situation. You might not like it, but that's where we are.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2019, 13:59:09 pm »

Are you saying that the current board are in it to line their pockets?
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2019, 14:19:07 pm »

Barton, you state that all the fans would like a club that is owned and run by a community of fans and business people from Northampton. Im not from Northampton neither am i keen on fan ownership, so no, your statement is incorrect.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest48

« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2019, 14:28:09 pm »

So you don't think there would be enough people willing to back a local consortium to buy NTFC? I think there would be if the selling price reflects what you are buying, which is a company with very few assets, NTFC don't own the stadium or training ground and very few players of any value.
     We shall see
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2019, 14:35:39 pm »

Barton, you state that all the fans would like a club that is owned and run by a community of fans and business people from Northampton. Im not from Northampton neither am i keen on fan ownership, so no, your statement is incorrect.
OK , but you haven't given a reason why. Answer this one question, would you rather NTFC be owned by a group that put the needs of the club first and foremost or owned by  private individuals who are looking to make money out of NTFC?
PS I said "Northampton people at heart" not "from Northampton", I don't live in Northampton either.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2019, 14:56:15 pm »

Don’t over complicate this, it’s really quite simple. There are 3 options on the table, take your pick. Majority fan owned, minority fan owned, left alone. Make your choice, if there is enough passion and support for a particular option then look at taking it to the next stage. If not, option 3 it is? Deal with this in manageable chunks or it will be paralysis by analysis.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2019, 15:53:05 pm »

Don’t over complicate this, it’s really quite simple. There are 3 options on the table, take your pick. Majority fan owned, minority fan owned, left alone. Make your choice, if there is enough passion and support for a particular option then look at taking it to the next stage. If not, option 3 it is? Deal with this in manageable chunks or it will be paralysis by analysis.

There are no options on the table if you don't meet the asking price.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2019, 16:19:35 pm »

A Lot of people seem to think the asking price is £1, they might be in for a bit of a shock.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: