The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:47:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Fan Ownership

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fan Ownership  (Read 26863 times)
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #140 on: February 08, 2019, 10:21:01 am »

Don’t you believe it, people said that about Donald Trump. I’ve personally met people that sit on boards who shouldn’t be trusted with a box of matches.

I've met people who sit on boards that I'm amazed can dress themselves in the morning, never mind be trusted with a box of matches. I bumped into one such person I'd worked with when he was visiting the next company I worked for. I'd just left my office and heard a banging sound coming from my right. I looked around and saw this imbecile's face pressed against the glass window in a door. He'd somehow managed to trap himself in the fire escape stairwell. I'm still not sure who was more surprised to see the other, me or him.

I probably should have let him out, really... Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 08, 2019, 10:26:15 am »

But still relevant to the overall picture,  or are we not allowed a balance view.  The fact remains at that point in time fan ownership wasnt deemed sustainable,  sorry if this dosnt fit your agenda.

Yeah of course relevant to the overall view but the Newport model and how it has been adjusted needs more analysis than a couple of lines on here.

The story you referenced is old and it's more functional to adopt a fluid approach to what is happening on the ground there.

In any case, Newport are just one model, you can't poo poo the whole idea of community ownership with reference to the Exiles. Also let's reference the profits and losses of the current NTFC administration for a rounded conversation.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #142 on: February 08, 2019, 11:29:19 am »

Oh dear, now you’ve done it. Stand by for references to catchment area, fans / local businesses in blissful partnership for the greater good and finances raised solely from food and beverage sales from the Mad Hatter himself? In an ironic twist of fate can I just add that Luton happens to be the home of The Hatters.
Stand by everything I said as a way to a means to getting our club moving in the right direction.
We cant continuously be held ransom to land acquirers who use the club as a way to a means that have zero interest in the clubs future well being beyond the sell on date.
Do we start a 4th season with these time wasters in charge?

Comparing Newport to Northampton is quite ironic as they are both the 2 worst supported teams in the football league.
But which of these 2 basket cases do you think will show some sustainable year on year growth first?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #143 on: February 08, 2019, 11:41:28 am »

I've met people who sit on boards that I'm amazed can dress themselves in the morning, never mind be trusted with a box of matches. I bumped into one such person I'd worked with when he was visiting the next company I worked for. I'd just left my office and heard a banging sound coming from my right. I looked around and saw this imbecile's face pressed against the glass window in a door. He'd somehow managed to trap himself in the fire escape stairwell. I'm still not sure who was more surprised to see the other, me or him.

You probably shouldn't have pushed him out there in the first place?   Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #144 on: February 08, 2019, 11:46:29 am »

Comparing Newport to Northampton is quite ironic as they are both the 2 worst supported teams in the football league.
But which of these 2 basket cases do you think will show some sustainable year on year growth first?

There was me thinking we had the 6th highest average in this division and higher than 8 teams in the division above.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #145 on: February 08, 2019, 11:51:25 am »

According to the figures published on the Chron website today, Newport are 82nd out of 92 and we're 65th.

You'd think with fan ownership the local community and businesses would have rallied around much more to place them way higher than us in that table...

(and yes, catchment area, proximity to Cardiff, blah blah blah - it's said fairly tongue-in-cheek before anyone goes off on one)
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest168

« Reply #146 on: February 08, 2019, 12:02:38 pm »

The three examples we should be looking at are Swansea (rise from 4th to Prem) Accrington and Burton. 

Swansea as they had a plan to build a football club with a vision of what they wanted and how things would work  ie: They told the manager what type and style of football they wanted and they had to use the backroom staff already in place

Accrington and Burton both are owned by fans who are businessmen tuned to modern day policies and practises, whose clubs are punching well above their weight

I still struggle to understand how some fans are so against the above, especially when you factor in the last 10 years at NTFC. But then i believe that many fans don't help as they can only focus on player acquisitions and that is their sole judgement on a chairman, despite the obvious factor that randomly bringing in average players on high wages f***s up the club every time
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 08, 2019, 13:03:29 pm »

The three examples we should be looking at are Swansea (rise from 4th to Prem) Accrington and Burton. 

Swansea as they had a plan to build a football club with a vision of what they wanted and how things would work  ie: They told the manager what type and style of football they wanted and they had to use the backroom staff already in place

Accrington and Burton both are owned by fans who are businessmen tuned to modern day policies and practises, whose clubs are punching well above their weight

I still struggle to understand how some fans are so against the above, especially when you factor in the last 10 years at NTFC. But then i believe that many fans don't help as they can only focus on player acquisitions and that is their sole judgement on a chairman, despite the obvious factor that randomly bringing in average players on high wages f***s up the club every time

I am not against the idea of something that progresses NTFC in whatever format, however regarding the 'Fan Ownership' projection, how is it going to be funded?
I haven't seen a credible answer to that one yet.
Report Spam   Logged

guest168

« Reply #148 on: February 08, 2019, 13:13:33 pm »

You have you just choose to ignore it Deepcut

I am pretty sure that funds would be raised to at the very least keep the club in the 4th division.

The only problem at the minute is as a direct result of our current board total failure of running our football club ie: massively overspending on crap players and not giving the managers a decent football club to help motivate those players. Therefore the overheads are way too high in terms of players

Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #149 on: February 08, 2019, 13:14:24 pm »

I reckon people put me in the same category. When I first became a director the first thing anyone said to me was “fcuk me, you couldn’t direct pi55 into a bucket”. True story.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 08, 2019, 13:23:51 pm »

Deepcut, there seems to be no answer about funding a fan owned club, those suggesting it don't seem to have a clue as to where the money will come from.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 08, 2019, 13:37:30 pm »

You have you just choose to ignore it Deepcut

I am pretty sure that funds would be raised to at the very least keep the club in the 4th division.

The only problem at the minute is as a direct result of our current board total failure of running our football club ie: massively overspending on crap players and not giving the managers a decent football club to help motivate those players. Therefore the overheads are way too high in terms of players

You answer with "You have you just choose to ignore it Deepcut" and then say "I am pretty sure...."

How can you hope to convince anyone of the plans credibility if you aren't even sure yourself?
Report Spam   Logged

Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2019, 13:38:33 pm »

Think in terms of a joint venture partner or partners and you might find your mind opens to a variety of possibilities.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2019, 13:41:06 pm »

Think in terms of a joint venture partner or partners and you might find your mind opens to a variety of possibilities.

My understanding of a Joint Venture Partnership is not 'Fan Ownership'.
Report Spam   Logged

Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 08, 2019, 13:48:55 pm »

I wouldn't get too fixated by the terminology. There are all sorts of variations one could come up but to answer you question and,  for example, if the Trust owned 51% and JVPs 49% does that make it a fans ownership scheme? 
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 08, 2019, 13:57:50 pm »

I am not against the idea of something that progresses NTFC in whatever format, however regarding the 'Fan Ownership' projection, how is it going to be funded?
I haven't seen a credible answer to that one yet.
Its not being 'funded' now so if our fan base, local buisneses, well wishers  etc were happy to get involved with and support where possible  to increase all departments of our turn over by 50% then that would be a much better starting platform than just sitting still wondering if these latest lot are ever going to do what the said they would when taking control of our club?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 08, 2019, 14:36:10 pm »

Its not being 'funded' now so if our fan base, local buisneses, well wishers  etc were happy to get involved with and support where possible  to increase all departments of our turn over by 50% then that would be a much better starting platform than just sitting still wondering if these latest lot are ever going to do what the said they would when taking control of our club?

What's not being 'funded' now?
"...so if.....were happy.....and support where possible....increase all departments of our turnover by 50%..."  Nothing credible about any of that.
"...better than just sitting still..."   Isn't that what you have done for the past 3 or more years?

Convince me and the many others on here that you have a factually credible plan. 
If you convince me I'll join the 'team' but at the moment, I am very far from it.
Report Spam   Logged

BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 08, 2019, 14:55:35 pm »

What's not being 'funded' now?
"...so if.....were happy.....and support where possible....increase all departments of our turnover by 50%..."  Nothing credible about any of that.
"...better than just sitting still..."   Isn't that what you have done for the past 3 or more years?

Convince me and the many others on here that you have a factually credible plan. 
If you convince me I'll join the 'team' but at the moment, I am very far from it.
Squad....cut backs.
Infrastructure improvements ... none.
Only the gate takings, tv sky pooled monies etc, are keeping our club ticking over.
Gates are dwindling due to lack of direction as to where our club is going and being stuck in the lower regions of league 2 is an unmitigated disaster and we find ourselves back there because of a .... lack of funding.

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 08, 2019, 15:11:57 pm »

Squad....cut backs.
Infrastructure improvements ... none.
Only the gate takings, tv sky pooled monies etc, are keeping our club ticking over.
Gates are dwindling due to lack of direction as to where our club is going and being stuck in the lower regions of league 2 is an unmitigated disaster and we find ourselves back there because of a .... lack of funding.

In your opinion.
You forgot the credible convincing bit...
Report Spam   Logged

EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 08, 2019, 15:23:41 pm »

The only problem at the minute is as a direct result of our current board total failure of running our football club ie: massively overspending on crap players .....

Sorry to selectively quote, how would it be a guarantee that a fan owned / community / JVP or whatever the model is would not make poor signings, or indeed poor management appointments?

I'm very much in favour of the process the trust are going through to investigate options but I do feel it is all undermined when people post things on here that suggest we would not have had the struggles of the last couple of seasons if we were under some kind of fan ownership, as if it is fact.

Anything that sells fan ownership as a quick fix completely misses the point in my opinion. I would really hope it was a seriously long term vision that is put forward, if it is to tide us over until the next private owner buys us (e.g. Portsmouth) then what is the point?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: