The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:12:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Fan Ownership

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fan Ownership  (Read 26903 times)
guest2724

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #180 on: February 10, 2019, 09:25:12 am »

What emails have you seen from NBC?
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #181 on: February 10, 2019, 10:04:48 am »

What emails have you seen from NBC?

Ones that state that there is constructive ongoing dialogue between the club and NBC.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #182 on: February 10, 2019, 10:15:09 am »

All I want is proof. That is very little to ask. I have attended a few meetings, listened to individuals/groups,  as well as receiving some emails from the council.

If I am asked to sit in a meeting where the word “allegedly” is used as much as it is already, then I will more than likely go bang 😁.

If someone tells me that a sum of money can be raised from somewhere, they better be able to show me how. I do not want to hear about if every supporter does this, we'll have this. Or if we get local business on board we'll make this much.. That is not a plan.
Put the question out there Hammy. We can establish how many people regularly use this forum. In the event there was a share issue for NTFC to become a fan owned club, how many would be prepared to invest and how much? Transpose that across the support base and you have an idea. Farvfrom an exact science with a lot of variables but you would get an indication of the stomach for this if nothing else. Stating the obvious, fan owned club means fans have to source the finances. If they don’t and someone else puts up the collateral then they will be the owners. This process has to start somewhere so either this forum, the trust or any other supporter representative body may as well take a snap shot of opinion and more importantly intent. If it’s 10 million or 10 quid let’s find out? If it’s nothing then fine you look at other options. My own view on this is that it’s put up or shut up time. I have stated previously that there are certain criteria that would need to be followed for me to be involved. However, leaving the conditional elements aside I would happily buy a number of shares up to £3,000 given the opportunity. As far as I am aware there are a few others who would. I don’t want to put the poll up and pre-empt or damage the process whilst the trust are working on a strategy or proposal. But FFS let’s stop arguing and find out what people are willing and/or able to do?
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #183 on: February 10, 2019, 10:36:17 am »

I think it's worth repeating that this is the very beginning of this process. People are quite rightly asking where the money would be coming from, but frankly they aren't going to get an answer at the moment. As yet we don't even know which model the Trust might look at exploring in more detail. It could be fans only, it could be fans + private investors, there may not even be a viable outcome at all.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #184 on: February 10, 2019, 10:49:23 am »

I think it's worth repeating that this is the very beginning of this process. People are quite rightly asking where the money would be coming from, but frankly they aren't going to get an answer at the moment. As yet we don't even know which model the Trust might look at exploring in more detail. It could be fans only, it could be fans + private investors, there may not even be a viable outcome at all.
Fair point Fez but if it’s out there at least you can rule it in or out as a factor and have some sort of indication of what supporters are prepared to do if anything?
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 10, 2019, 10:53:44 am »

Put the question out there Hammy. We can establish how many people regularly use this forum. In the event there was a share issue for NTFC to become a fan owned club, how many would be prepared to invest and how much? Transpose that across the support base and you have an idea. Farvfrom an exact science with a lot of variables but you would get an indication of the stomach for this if nothing else. Stating the obvious, fan owned club means fans have to source the finances. If they don’t and someone else puts up the collateral then they will be the owners. This process has to start somewhere so either this forum, the trust or any other supporter representative body may as well take a snap shot of opinion and more importantly intent. If it’s 10 million or 10 quid let’s find out? If it’s nothing then fine you look at other options. My own view on this is that it’s put up or shut up time. I have stated previously that there are certain criteria that would need to be followed for me to be involved. However, leaving the conditional elements aside I would happily buy a number of shares up to £3,000 given the opportunity. As far as I am aware there are a few others who would. I don’t want to put the poll up and pre-empt or damage the process whilst the trust are working on a strategy or proposal. But FFS let’s stop arguing and find out what people are willing and/or able to do?

There's a about 5 people "arguing" on this thread, I wouldn't even call it arguing. A message board of anonymous posters will rarely be the vehicle to judge anything. Let's have a poll of anonymous people on an undetermined outcome for undetermined figures. Pretty pointless.

The Trust have called a public meeting and as you say just be a little patient and engage with the process. Fair play on being willing to invest, that's a really positive start.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 11:04:59 am by meccanostand » Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 10, 2019, 11:44:34 am »

Are you telling the truth there. You’re telling me that you and others are being totally transparent at this point?

If you want any credibility, you have to play by the same rules as the rest of us. I’ve been up front from the start. Do you honestly believe the Trust at this point are discussing a fan owned model?
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 10, 2019, 12:16:46 pm »

All you can go on is the trust's official correspondence, the rest is just hearsay. The Trust has plenty of credibility and in sorting a public meeting is being about as open as it can get. Understand that there are people itching to find out more and join in but just needs a little patience. Would it be correct or sensible to rule out any models before a meeting has been held? Probably not. Until then we'll just go round and round in circles.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 10, 2019, 12:30:09 pm »

All you can go on is the trust's official correspondence, the rest is just hearsay. The Trust has plenty of credibility and in sorting a public meeting is being about as open as it can get. Understand that there are people itching to find out more and join in but just needs a little patience. Would it be correct or sensible to rule out any models before a meeting has been held? Probably not. Until then we'll just go round and round in circles.

I’m more than happy to hear representations from anybody. I am a lot more interested in protecting the Trust than I am any businessman or indeed owner. But... All we hear is about how it’s our club. Well... It’s our Trust as well.

I will say one thing, then leave it. On the whole I have stayed away from this debate. But one thing is clear. If anybody is pushing an agenda that is nothing more than just another non football, non NTFC interested party.. Just be careful. Rarely are things as they seem in business.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 10, 2019, 12:37:49 pm »

I’m more than happy to hear representations from anybody. I am a lot more interested in protecting the Trust than I am any businessman or indeed owner. But... All we hear is about how it’s our club. Well... It’s our Trust as well.

I will say one thing, then leave it. On the whole I have stayed away from this debate. But one thing is clear. If anybody is pushing an agenda that is nothing more than just another non football, non NTFC interested party.. Just be careful. Rarely are things as they seem in business.

Yep agree with all of this. Everything I've heard from you is pretty level headed and don't really disagree with anything. Hopefully we'll come out of the end of this with a healthier club. I'm hopeful.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #190 on: February 10, 2019, 12:50:02 pm »

I don't think people are arguing as such, Just fed up with the constant  lack of direction our club is suffering.
This can be gauged quite easily by the fact so few people bother turning up and watching.

I would prefer fans were offered multiple years season tickets at fixed price rates in which to finance ground improvements etc, with any future short fall being made up by encouraging new supporters and better corporate facilities etc.
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 10, 2019, 13:16:53 pm »

Are you telling the truth there. You’re telling me that you and others are being totally transparent at this point?

If you want any credibility, you have to play by the same rules as the rest of us. I’ve been up front from the start. Do you honestly believe the Trust at this point are discussing a fan owned model?
My honest answer is that I don't know which of the models they are discussing at the moment. I haven't asked, I'm not involved with the project and I'm not on the Trust board any more. I'm going to let them crack on with it and find out more at the public meeting.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #192 on: February 10, 2019, 13:22:07 pm »

That's an old story. They have made adjustments to put them on a more secure financial footing since then.

They also have rent issues that we don't have to deal with. the current board have put us on a good footing to explore community ownership. What's more we are in a position to cherry pick the best from the private and community owned models.
Yeah of course relevant to the overall view but the Newport model and how it has been adjusted needs more analysis than a couple of lines on here.

The story you referenced is old and it's more functional to adopt a fluid approach to what is happening on the ground there.

In any case, Newport are just one model, you can't poo poo the whole idea of community ownership with reference to the Exiles. Also let's reference the profits and losses of the current NTFC administration for a rounded conversation.

it's from this season. not really "old".
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 10, 2019, 18:01:11 pm »

My honest answer is that I don't know which of the models they are discussing at the moment. I haven't asked, I'm not involved with the project and I'm not on the Trust board any more. I'm going to let them crack on with it and find out more at the public meeting.

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Turf Claret

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 10, 2019, 19:06:17 pm »

I suppose you could always ask your dad.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #195 on: February 10, 2019, 19:09:50 pm »

There's a about 5 people "arguing" on this thread, I wouldn't even call it arguing. A message board of anonymous posters will rarely be the vehicle to judge anything. Let's have a poll of anonymous people on an undetermined outcome for undetermined figures. Pretty pointless.

The Trust have called a public meeting and as you say just be a little patient and engage with the process. Fair play on being willing to invest, that's a really positive start.
If the trust polled it’s members they wouldn’t be anonymous, and the point is to try and establish  the figures to determine the outcome. It must be me?
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 10, 2019, 19:34:38 pm »

You can as well. At the public meeting.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #197 on: February 10, 2019, 21:08:31 pm »

Yep I thought so, Tcobb, knew thats what you would say

I would not be expecting relegation despite cutting the playing budget, please read what i put

Surely you can't argue that our recent way of buying / loaning player after player with absolutely no plan, has not worked and made the club very unattractive to would be investors due to our stupid wage bill?

I am talking of budgets similar to Accrington, Exeter, Lincoln and Burton (relative to the division). We are constantly told a budget is top 3 (top 1 i think it was this season) which I expect doesn't include ex managers we are still paying. So i believe that we would still have a decent enough team and spend money on building up the club.
It will take time, it's not a quick fix but pretty sure it is a bit alternative than DC / KT have been
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 11, 2019, 11:42:36 am »

It was the "honest" bit that tickled me..
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 11, 2019, 14:34:13 pm »

It was the "honest" bit that tickled me..
I'm incredibly comfortable with what I've said thanks.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: