The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 15:03:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Fan Ownership

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fan Ownership  (Read 27019 times)
guest48

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #240 on: March 05, 2019, 13:25:10 pm »

Is that the 117 people who want to get correspondence from the trust or the bigger 700-odd number?
ALL UK based Trust members should have been sent emails or letters. There are some Trust members that we do not have up to date details for, if you are one of these please get in touch so we can keep you in the loop.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #241 on: March 05, 2019, 13:49:20 pm »

ALL UK based Trust members should have been sent emails or letters. There are some Trust members that we do not have up to date details for, if you are one of these please get in touch so we can keep you in the loop.

I had mine.. I was told it was unique to have one with a seat number and a first class stamp on it...  Grin Grin

Thank You  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 05, 2019, 17:50:55 pm »

Meanwhile at Swindon:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47460890
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #243 on: March 05, 2019, 18:55:08 pm »

If the County Ground, Swindon is valued at £2.2 million... Sixfields should fetch £150,000!
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #244 on: March 05, 2019, 19:15:16 pm »

Right... Get those buckets out. £400 each... I'm up for it KT.
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #245 on: March 05, 2019, 20:54:01 pm »

All Trust members have had a letter about the meeting, the Chron did quite a big article in the week before last's edition and Radio Northampton have been informed of the meeting.

I havent. Having said that I only forwarded my contact details 3 weeks ago.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #246 on: March 05, 2019, 21:15:39 pm »

What shares are they selling that will raise £1.1m?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest48

« Reply #247 on: March 05, 2019, 22:59:30 pm »

I havent. Having said that I only forwarded my contact details 3 weeks ago.
PM me please
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #248 on: March 06, 2019, 06:55:25 am »

What shares are they selling that will raise £1.1m?
Infrastructure shares, you own a bit of the stadium.
This is how you raise capital against an asset, apt timing with the Swindon example,shame it doesn't fit the narrative of some of the more intelligent on here  Grin
There is nothing in principal from NTFC supporters doing the same.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest1269

« Reply #249 on: March 06, 2019, 10:10:48 am »

Ok so it's Mr. Negative here today (or perhaps Mr. Jealous) -  it's a nice community type idea but realistically it's essentially a bucket collection where instead of a "thank you", you get a piece of paper saying you own a very small part of a non tradable asset.

Also interesting that the well meaning but clearly financially naïve supporters group valued the ground at 50% less than the council's assessment - if they are that wrong on their other financial planning and take over the club, going bust would not be too far away.

Finally, thanks to the vote to make Britain poorer, there are an additional 3,500 Swindon residents who probably don't have the cash to buy a portion of the County Ground.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #250 on: March 06, 2019, 13:31:15 pm »

As a community based club, the selling of multiple seasons ticket sales to help pay for much needed ground redevelopment has to be the way forward, those investing into the clubs infrastructure will get value from frozen season tickets/corporate boxes, regardless of what division we find ourselves in.
The future shortfall will be taken up by new supporters attracted to a more professional set up.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #251 on: March 06, 2019, 14:38:17 pm »

As a community based club, the selling of multiple seasons ticket sales to help pay for much needed ground redevelopment has to be the way forward, those investing into the clubs infrastructure will get value from frozen season tickets/corporate boxes, regardless of what division we find ourselves in.
The future shortfall will be taken up by new supporters attracted to a more professional set up.

It worked for Charlton for a while when they returned to the Valley - problem is it's essentially a pull forward and unless you get sustained better gates it only last so long.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #252 on: March 06, 2019, 18:25:51 pm »

I was tempted to once again point out the flaws in this logic but then it dawned on me that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome, so I'll leave that to you!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #253 on: March 06, 2019, 18:39:30 pm »

I was tempted to once again point out the flaws in this logic but then it dawned on me that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome, so I'll leave that to you!

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 06, 2019, 18:59:52 pm »

Please enlighten? The fact your pall Thomas can't come up with workable ideas doesn't mean the rest of us cant? #footballman  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 06, 2019, 19:01:19 pm »

Grin
Thomas's fan club out in force Grin
#selfie #autograph
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 06, 2019, 19:13:34 pm »

It worked for Charlton for a while when they returned to the Valley - problem is it's essentially a pull forward and unless you get sustained better gates it only last so long.
Charlton Have a 30,000 capacity ground in a city saturated with football clubs,  fans are at a premium.
Unlike them we don't need to find 30k to turn up regularly, we just need an average 7000 plus locals with  500 plus visiting fans  to turn up fortnightly in order to allow our club to be sustainable and competitive  in league 1.
Please compare apples to apples to give a clear and logic view of what we could aspire to achieve.
I believe I'm being conservative in our potential support should we ever shake off the time wasters.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #257 on: March 06, 2019, 19:56:48 pm »

Charlton Have a 30,000 capacity ground in a city saturated with football clubs,  fans are at a premium.
Unlike them we don't need to find 30k to turn up regularly, we just need an average 7000 plus locals with  500 plus visiting fans  to turn up fortnightly in order to allow our club to be sustainable and competitive  in league 1.
Please compare apples to apples to give a clear and logic view of what we could aspire to achieve.
I believe I'm being conservative in our potential support should we ever shake off the time wasters.

hi, Sixfields can currently house your dream of an average 7500 with seats to spare
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #258 on: March 06, 2019, 20:02:58 pm »

Other than Swindon supporters are buying it straight from the ground owner. So they will own a percentage of the ground/land value "if" they purchase it. Which it would be fair to say should increase in value over time. Where as the Trust or whoever will be taking over a lease. So we would be buying into a diminishing asset if we bought shares. That will make a huge difference. I'm not even sure it would be legal to sell shares on a lease.

I have to admit, I've the same concerns. Even assuming it could be done legally, I suspect it would require major changes to the agreement the club currently holds with the freeholder. Honestly, I've yet to hear one thing that makes this takeover scenario seem like anything other than a pipe dream... unless there is a substantially wealthy fan wants to 'gift' ownership to the supporters... and even then, Mr. Moneybags better be prepared to continue propping things up every time there is an issue with cash flow.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #259 on: March 06, 2019, 20:06:20 pm »

No it can't.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: