The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:42:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Fan Ownership

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fan Ownership  (Read 26900 times)
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #260 on: March 06, 2019, 21:15:40 pm »

Thomas's fan club out in force Grin
#selfie #autograph
d

Back of the Net fan club, actually.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #261 on: March 06, 2019, 21:52:01 pm »

I was tempted to once again point out the flaws in this logic but then it dawned on me that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome, so I'll leave that to you!

It also struck me that basically it is 3 or 4 on here who champion the same mantra on fan ownership over and over again. In some ways we are lucky to have a chairman who sees through all this twaddle. Without significant capital any fan ownership is a pipedream or even a con as it clearly might mislead others. On another tack Beds has done well to keep up with his belief in spite of some questionable comments by some.
Frankly for me Fan Ownership is a bore and its inherents on here bore me to tears - without a 'moneyed' backer they have no chance.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #262 on: March 06, 2019, 22:07:53 pm »

hi, Sixfields can currently house your dream of an average 7500 with seats to spare
You can't sell exactly 7500 seats for every game in the belief that exactly 7500 and no more will turn to up fill every seat and be happy to sit on their own in the rubbish front seats away from friends and family members..
Just imagine if we had a modernised12000 capacity, atmospheric staduim with 8000 plus fans sitting and standing in there prefered positions amoungst their friends? How much more attractive a proposition is that?
Having extra capacity is equivalent of having extra stock, it gives you an oppertunity to sell your product.
Hope that helps.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 06, 2019, 22:18:56 pm »

It also struck me that basically it is 3 or 4 on here who champion the same mantra on fan ownership over and over again. In some ways we are lucky to have a chairman who sees through all this twaddle. Without significant capital any fan ownership is a pipedream or even a con as it clearly might mislead others. On another tack Beds has done well to keep up with his belief in spite of some questionable comments by some.
Frankly for me Fan Ownership is a bore and its inherents on here bore me to tears - without a 'moneyed' backer they have no chance.
Thomas has no money to invest either, so no money with a community backed inititive is a lot more favourable  to no money invested from Thomas,  now its almost certain he can't make multi millions from free land deals which would've allowed him  to possibly drop a measly  token gesture into our club?

Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #264 on: March 07, 2019, 05:40:39 am »

It's not often I say this Evers, but I completely agree with you on that. A tiny but noisy minority could end up taking us down a very dangerous path on this. In many ways it's like having our own NTFC version of Momentum!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 05:43:54 am by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 07, 2019, 06:06:07 am »

Some on here are intent on pouring cold water on a scheme of any type before one has even been adopted.  This is what Sunday is all about and only the first step.  Possibilities are to be explored and we will hear from other clubs what has happened there and how their ownership schemes are progressing, warts and all.  Supporters who are members of the Trust following Sunday’s event will have an opportunity of selecting an ownership structure put forward or it could be a case of “none of the above”.  Let's see what is on the table first before turning it down.

Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #266 on: March 07, 2019, 07:53:07 am »

Charlton Have a 30,000 capacity ground

The Valley is a 27,111 capacity sports stadium (source: Wiki)
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 07, 2019, 07:59:54 am »

It's not often I say this Evers, but I completely agree with you on that. A tiny but noisy minority could end up taking us down a very dangerous path on this. In many ways it's like having our own NTFC version of Momentum!

For what it’s worth I agree totally with this - I feel that certain posters are definitely stirring things up and as you say this could be a dangerous path.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #268 on: March 07, 2019, 09:27:42 am »

This is an invitation to ALL Cobblers fans, come along on Sunday and have a listen to what Supporters Direct and other clubs Trust's have to say, ask the question you are asking on here. Fan ownership, Community ownership or a hybrid of the two or neither, but don't just sit behind your keyboard with your fingers in your ears, come along and THEN make your mind up.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #269 on: March 07, 2019, 10:52:31 am »

I won't be there. I have better things to do with my Sunday afternoon than listen to a load of idealistic, pie-in-the-sky twaddle for a couple of hours. I suspect the vast majority of other fans will have something better to do as well. My only worry is that there will be about a dozen or so people there, all nodding like dogs on a parcel shelf and bouncing off each other in an echo chamber of their own making, convincing each other it's the right way forwards.

I'm not so worried that I'll bother going though because unless they can raise the cash to buy KT out it's all a moot point. It just means there'll be loads more banging on about it on here for a few months to put up with...
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #270 on: March 07, 2019, 12:04:55 pm »

I won't be there. I have better things to do with my Sunday afternoon than listen to a load of idealistic, pie-in-the-sky twaddle for a couple of hours. I suspect the vast majority of other fans will have something better to do as well. My only worry is that there will be about a dozen or so people there, all nodding like dogs on a parcel shelf and bouncing off each other in an echo chamber of their own making, convincing each other it's the right way forwards.

I'm not so worried that I'll bother going though because unless they can raise the cash to buy KT out it's all a moot point. It just means there'll be loads more banging on about it on here for a few months to put up with...

Beds will be...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 07, 2019, 12:09:53 pm »

For those of a conspiracy theory and/or negative mindset I would respond that this is utter tripe.

I see that the Trust Chairman, Andy Roberts, is appearing on BBC N’ton tonight at 6pm.  Listen and learn.
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #272 on: March 07, 2019, 13:06:36 pm »

I think calling it a 'con' is taking things a bit too far evers. That suggests that the trust is looking for personal gain at expense of the club/other supporters.

'Pipedream'  -maybe you are right. but is it not better to see what the options are and how they (the trust) think they can be achieved, before dismissing them outright?

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 07, 2019, 13:22:37 pm »

For those of a conspiracy theory and/or negative mindset I would respond that this is utter tripe.

I see that the Trust Chairman, Andy Roberts, is appearing on BBC N’ton tonight at 6pm.  Listen and learn.

No it isn’t - it’s an opinion. Don’t be so rude.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 07, 2019, 13:34:22 pm »

I think calling it a 'con' is taking things a bit too far evers. That suggests that the trust is looking for personal gain at expense of the club/other supporters.

'Pipedream'  -maybe you are right. but is it not better to see what the options are and how they (the trust) think they can be achieved, before dismissing them outright?

Trust you to twist ‘con’ to suit yr argument. I am a member of the trust and appreciate their work. Are you a member? Regarding options; without a figure head with big money it’s still a pipedream and a potential misleading one at that.
Report Spam   Logged

Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #275 on: March 07, 2019, 14:47:43 pm »

You can't sell exactly 7500 seats for every game in the belief that exactly 7500 and no more will turn to up fill every seat and be happy to sit on their own in the rubbish front seats away from friends and family members..
Just imagine if we had a modernised12000 capacity, atmospheric staduim with 8000 plus fans sitting and standing in there prefered positions amoungst their friends? How much more attractive a proposition is that?
Having extra capacity is equivalent of having extra stock, it gives you an oppertunity to sell your product.
Hope that helps.

I work in the aviation industry so let me provide you with an analogy: no airline worth its salt goes out and commits itself to the committed expenditure of additional aircraft capacity "as an opportunity to sell its product". They will only do so if and when there is a sustainable demand (load factor) for seats which outstrips existing capacity. Why should football stadia expansion be any different.

Alternatively let's just ignore the economics and put a B747 on a B737-demand route in order to give passengers more room and a greater opportunity of getting their preferred seats.

And, actually, I'm not a "KT Man" … I'd rather have your autograph in my collection, if Jim can fix it.

Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 07, 2019, 15:46:03 pm »

Trust you to twist ‘con’ to suit yr argument. I am a member of the trust and appreciate their work. Are you a member? Regarding options; without a figure head with big money it’s still a pipedream and a potential misleading one at that.

First two words of your reply and you are making personal insults. you just can't help yourself can you?

Please confirm which definition of 'con' you meant then. because the only definition that fits the context you wrote it in is the following:

verb
verb: con; 3rd person present: cons; past tense: conned; past participle: conned; gerund or present participle: conning

persuade (someone) to do or believe something by lying to them.
    synonyms:   swindle, defraud, cheat, trick, fleece, dupe, deceive, rook, exploit,

noun
noun: con; plural noun: cons

an instance of deceiving or tricking someone.
    synonyms:   swindle, deception, trick, racket, bit of sharp practice, fraud; More

I am not sure what difference it makes whether i am a member of the trust or not. For the record i am not currently. I am also not the one that just accused them of trying to 'con' us into fan ownership either.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 07, 2019, 15:58:58 pm »

First two words of your reply and you are making personal insults. you just can't help yourself can you?

Please confirm which definition of 'con' you meant then. because the only definition that fits the context you wrote it in is the following:

verb
verb: con; 3rd person present: cons; past tense: conned; past participle: conned; gerund or present participle: conning

persuade (someone) to do or believe something by lying to them.
    synonyms:   swindle, defraud, cheat, trick, fleece, dupe, deceive, rook, exploit,

noun
noun: con; plural noun: cons

an instance of deceiving or tricking someone.
    synonyms:   swindle, deception, trick, racket, bit of sharp practice, fraud; More

I am not sure what difference it makes whether i am a member of the trust or not. For the record i am not currently. I am also not the one that just accused them of trying to 'con' us into fan ownership either.

I prefer not to take a lecture from one who insulted Beds on regular basis. You simply cannot help yourself. Stop trolling/harassing please.
Report Spam   Logged

rebelspawn

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 07, 2019, 16:16:58 pm »

I prefer not to take a lecture from one who insulted Beds on regular basis. You simply cannot help yourself. Stop trolling/harassing please.

Ah yes, the old - when you have lost the argument and have no valid counterpoints, just call them a troll - approach. Classy.

Coming from the guy with over 13000 posts your comment is laughable. You are the biggest troll on this forum.

Please apologise to the trust for accusing them of trying to con people. Moderators - that must come under libel/defamation forum rules surely?
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #279 on: March 07, 2019, 16:25:44 pm »

Thomas has no money to invest either, so no money with a community backed inititive is a lot more favourable  to no money invested from Thomas,  now its almost certain he can't make multi millions from free land deals which would've allowed him  to possibly drop a measly  token gesture into our club?

Wrong. He is investing every week. We are loosing money. It can be argued that its his fault but the fact remains more cash is injected monthly.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: