The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:26:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Fan Ownership

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fan Ownership  (Read 26820 times)
Irchy cob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #280 on: March 07, 2019, 16:28:02 pm »

Wrong. He is investing every week. We are loosing money. It can be argued that its his fault but the fact remains more cash is injected monthly.

Careful - Beds will accuse you of being in the KT fan club!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #281 on: March 07, 2019, 16:57:56 pm »

Ah yes, the old - when you have lost the argument and have no valid counterpoints, just call them a troll - approach. Classy.

Coming from the guy with over 13000 posts your comment is laughable. You are the biggest troll on this forum.

Please apologise to the trust for accusing them of trying to con people. Moderators - that must come under libel/defamation forum rules surely?

Thanks for your message on use of Con. It was aimed at other posters! Nothing to do with the Trust. Incidentally your treatment of Cobblers78 was grossly unfair. Some of the terms you used for Beds & 78 were not worthy of somebody with your qualifications. Many of my posts are smileys ; you go round
Manchester to get to Liverpool. On a different note if you are not going on Saturday may I please borrow yr s/t for a tenner? Thks
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #282 on: March 07, 2019, 17:22:35 pm »

Thanks for your message on use of Con. 1.It was aimed at other posters! Nothing to do with the Trust. Incidentally your treatment of Cobblers78 was grossly unfair. Some of the terms you used for Beds & 78 were not worthy of 2.somebody with your qualifications. 3.Many of my posts are smileys ; you go round
Manchester to get to Liverpool
. 4. On a different note if you are not going on Saturday may I please borrow yr s/t for a tenner? Thks

1. So let me get this straight, you think there are posters on here who are trying to con the fan base at large into fan ownership? to what end?
2.You know nothing about my qualifications
3. By which you mean - you rarely offer any opinions on the topics at hand, drop short personal insults and dismiss any opinion that you do not share as 'bias drivel, 'rubbish' or similar, whereas i routinely i support my opinions with evidence, which sometimes results in long posts containing such evidence.
4. no idea what the point of that comment is
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #283 on: March 07, 2019, 18:01:40 pm »

I'm loving tonight's Cobbler's Show on Radio Northampton, especially how the guy on the mic, the guy from the Trust, and the fella from the club, they are all banging on about being 'ITK' about the 'sticking block' surrounding finishing of the East Stand, and yet none of them are willing to go public on the issue. Such transparency: #fiveminutesofwastedairtime  Grin

I'm also loving how James Whiting is getting all hot under the collar about this 'fan ownership' issue, and having a bit of a pop at the Trusts lack of transparency: #potkettleblack Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #284 on: March 07, 2019, 18:15:30 pm »

Beds will be...

I'm definitely not going then!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3114

« Reply #285 on: March 07, 2019, 19:18:27 pm »

I work in the aviation industry so let me provide you with an analogy: no airline worth its salt goes out and commits itself to the committed expenditure of additional aircraft capacity "as an opportunity to sell its product". They will only do so if and when there is a sustainable demand (load factor) for seats which outstrips existing capacity. Why should football stadia expansion be any different.

Alternatively let's just ignore the economics and put a B747 on a B737-demand route in order to give passengers more room and a greater opportunity of getting their preferred seats.

And, actually, I'm not a "KT Man" … I'd rather have your autograph in my collection, if Jim can fix it.

Now you’ve done it, don’t quote anything from the squalid world of professional management on here. It’s like poking the bear with a stick. To be honest I kind of sit in both camps. I think fan ownership based on the German model is a fantastic aspiration to have, and the only way to run a football club that is truly done so in the interests of the fan base. However, in my opinion as I have said over and over again it will only be possible with a huge cash investment from the fan base itself supported by additional investment from the corporate world. The fact is though the majority has to come from the fan base. If it doesn’t it won’t be fan controlled and there would be nothing to stop us ending up right back where we started, which is pointless. I have neither now nor have never been under the illusion that this will be anything but a massive and probably insurmountable challenge, and neither should anyone else. All this simplistic talk of easy options to get this off the ground detracts from the realities that need to be faced. Otherwise at best this exercise will end up being a waste or time and effort. And some of the posters on this subject also have a valid point, it might also be dangerous. That being said I am always prepared to listen to credible alternatives. From my perspective l am yet to see one, but that doesn’t mean they are not there.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 07, 2019, 19:25:17 pm »

MC, don't jump the gun, too many are doing that already.  Sunday first and then let's see.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #287 on: March 07, 2019, 19:30:13 pm »

MC, don't jump the gun, too many are doing that already.  Sunday first and then let's see.

Good point well made, hope it’s positive?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #288 on: March 07, 2019, 20:39:22 pm »

Whether it has been tried before and failed is really irrelevant. There are plenty of ways to skin a cat. Whatever your current view just close your eyes and think about it for a minute. Football clubs are unlike any other sporting club because of the way a localised group buys into it in such a way that it enters the bloodstream. Owners / philanthropists / nutters pass through trying to make sense of it or make cents from it but ultimately pass on. It has changed at the top end now because it is so lucrative but at our level it still remains close to impossible to profit financially from it unless there is a desire to rape it through asset-stripping. The only safe hands are those of the supporters who would always resist the urge to abuse it.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #289 on: March 07, 2019, 21:06:09 pm »

Is that the 117 people who want to get correspondence from the trust or the bigger 700-odd number?

Most were handed leaflets at Crewe...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3264

« Reply #290 on: March 08, 2019, 04:44:40 am »

I think Sundays meeting is important because the conversation needs to be had. There is too much sitting on hands been going on, so if there is an alternative investigate it!
If it is 100% or 20% investment into NTFC you will not find out unless you discuss the journey required. It might not stack up but let's find out.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #291 on: March 08, 2019, 06:12:48 am »

I'm also loving how James Whiting is getting all hot under the collar about this 'fan ownership' issue, and having a bit of a pop at the Trusts lack of transparency: #potkettleblack Roll Eyes

So what did James Whiting actually have to say on the topic?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 08, 2019, 06:55:50 am »

(link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p070ks9x) bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0…
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 08, 2019, 07:07:38 am »

I work in the aviation industry so let me provide you with an analogy: no airline worth its salt goes out and commits itself to the committed expenditure of additional aircraft capacity "as an opportunity to sell its product". They will only do so if and when there is a sustainable demand (load factor) for seats which outstrips existing capacity. Why should football stadia expansion be any different.

Alternatively let's just ignore the economics and put a B747 on a B737-demand route in order to give passengers more room and a greater opportunity of getting their preferred seats.

And, actually, I'm not a "KT Man" … I'd rather have your autograph in my collection, if Jim can fix it.

Another way to look at it, your planes are the 1970s Aeroflot variety that few costumers are happy to travel on, you have very few travelling with you.
What would you do? Modernise your fleet to expect more new customers to book flights.
Or go down the NTFC route and do absolutely nothing in 20 years,  just carry on in dilapidated ground/planes relying on a small band of loyal customers to just keep coming back?
Just 1% regulars amoungst our 300,000 catchment really needs to be improved by a whole 1%.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 08, 2019, 07:16:26 am »

Wrong. He is investing every week. We are loosing money. It can be argued that its his fault but the fact remains more cash is injected monthly.
Had he fitted in the corporate boxes when he said he would, we'd probably still holding our own in the division above, getting dozens of sell out gates,  also getting financial  help from the dozen or so large companies occupying them.

You cant call paying for any shortfalls due to your mistakes as 'investing' in the club!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #295 on: March 08, 2019, 07:22:06 am »

Strange how the mantra changes depending on the agenda.

Originally the issue was the club stagnating. Now it’s being saved from actual abuse  Grin

Are you saying Cardoza, the Blackpool geezer, Charlton geezer, Coventry geezers etc didn't abuse the club's they own/owned?
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 08, 2019, 08:19:12 am »

Another way to look at it, your planes are the 1970s Aeroflot variety that few costumers are happy to travel on, you have very few travelling with you.
What would you do? Modernise your fleet to expect more new customers to book flights.
Or go down the NTFC route and do absolutely nothing in 20 years,  just carry on in dilapidated ground/planes relying on a small band of loyal customers to just keep coming back?
Just 1% regulars amoungst our 300,000 catchment really needs to be improved by a whole 1%.

What if the real reason that no-one is flying with you is that you are flying to unappealing destinations? You upgrade your fleet, continue to fly to unappealing destinations, see no uptake in passengers, and go bankrupt.
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 08, 2019, 08:21:35 am »

Now you’ve done it, don’t quote anything from the squalid world of professional management on here. It’s like poking the bear with a stick. To be honest I kind of sit in both camps. I think fan ownership based on the German model is a fantastic aspiration to have, and the only way to run a football club that is truly done so in the interests of the fan base. However, in my opinion as I have said over and over again it will only be possible with a huge cash investment from the fan base itself supported by additional investment from the corporate world. The fact is though the majority has to come from the fan base. If it doesn’t it won’t be fan controlled and there would be nothing to stop us ending up right back where we started, which is pointless. I have neither now nor have never been under the illusion that this will be anything but a massive and probably insurmountable challenge, and neither should anyone else. All this simplistic talk of easy options to get this off the ground detracts from the realities that need to be faced. Otherwise at best this exercise will end up being a waste or time and effort. And some of the posters on this subject also have a valid point, it might also be dangerous. That being said I am always prepared to listen to credible alternatives. From my perspective l am yet to see one, but that doesn’t mean they are not there.

This sums up my views quite well. However, we haven't even had the first meeting yet, so lets see what that brings. I remain open minded but mindful of exactly how difficult the financial side of things could be.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #298 on: March 08, 2019, 08:22:54 am »

I'm loving tonight's Cobbler's Show on Radio Northampton, especially how the guy on the mic, the guy from the Trust, and the fella from the club, they are all banging on about being 'ITK' about the 'sticking block' surrounding finishing of the East Stand, and yet none of them are willing to go public on the issue. Such transparency: #fiveminutesofwastedairtime  Grin

The trust are as opaque as the club, perhaps even more so.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #299 on: March 08, 2019, 08:35:59 am »

Just listened to the programme, ohhhhhhh the Trust are ruffling a few of peacock Thomas's feathers, keep up the good work.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: