The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:25:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Fan Ownership

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fan Ownership  (Read 26858 times)
Irchy cob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #300 on: March 08, 2019, 08:42:15 am »

Just listened to the programme, ohhhhhhh the Trust are ruffling a few of peacock Thomas's feathers, keep up the good work.

As I’ve said before if the “end game” is to buy the club from KT then what is the logic in p**ing him off - it’s not like the trust are going to launch a hostile takeover?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 08, 2019, 11:04:34 am »

As I’ve said before if the “end game” is to buy the club from KT then what is the logic in p**ing him off - it’s not like the trust are going to launch a hostile takeover?
Its going to be very hard of KT and co to continue with this 4 season long regime of closely gaurded agendas with nothing in the way of progress while we further regress behind all our rival clubs.
As someone else mentioned on here, be prepared for his ace card as without it he's finished as a genuine owner with ambition for our club.

It's our football league membership and small but loyal fan base that keeps our club afloat, so them being pi55ed off with us not wanting anymore nonsence from them doesn't even register, and he probably knows it.

Having listened to the BBC npton podcast,  it did seem Whiting was properly rattled.
He above anyone should realise the damage that 20 years of continuous poor ownership is doing  to our club.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 08, 2019, 12:26:50 pm »

I'm definitely not going then!  Grin
see ya there Wink
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #303 on: March 08, 2019, 15:34:40 pm »

Interesting to hear the trust say that they have not got any money / no backer.

Really interested to see the business case on how they will fund the takeover and maintain cash flow for the business.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #304 on: March 08, 2019, 15:47:36 pm »

Interesting to hear the trust say that they have not got any money / no backer.
When did you hear that ??
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #305 on: March 08, 2019, 16:06:21 pm »

Having now listened to the RN show, I wouldn't say James Whiting sounded rattled, I'd say he just sounded mildly peeved at the tone of some of the comms which have gone out from the Trust, which to be honest I can understand.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 08, 2019, 17:08:40 pm »

The trust interviewee, as articulate as he is, presents absolutely no substance of any kind.

He was asked directly around 25m 40s "are you putting together a bid to buy the club?" and gave no evidence that there is a quantifiable solution in place.

Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #307 on: March 08, 2019, 17:24:50 pm »

The trust interviewee, as articulate as he is, presents absolutely no substance of any kind.
He was asked directly around 25m 40s "are you putting together a bid to buy the club?" and gave no evidence that there is a quantifiable solution in place.
You really need to listen again  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 08, 2019, 18:53:58 pm »

There's none deafer than those who dont want to listen.
Its obvious that the Trust dont want to get into a war of words or show their hand before gathering feed back from the town and support base.
I thought the trust spokesperson was very gracious in his praise to those who worked for Cardoza and are still working for the club under Thomas.
NTFC is worth a pound and has a serious lack of infrastructure, a new regime will see the town rally behind the club if it can finally shake of those holding us back.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 08, 2019, 21:19:59 pm »

There's none deafer than those who dont want to listen.
Its obvious that the Trust dont want to get into a war of words or show their hand before gathering feed back from the town and support base.
I thought the trust spokesperson was very gracious in his praise to those who worked for Cardoza and are still working for the club under Thomas.
NTFC is worth a pound and has a serious lack of infrastructure, a new regime will see the town rally behind the club if it can finally shake of those holding us back.

Well if David Cadden likes it then I'm sold  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #310 on: March 08, 2019, 22:29:48 pm »

Well if David Cadden likes it then I'm sold  Grin Grin
If he’s right about it being worth a pound so am I. Just have to get KT to accept the bid, what could possibly go wrong?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #311 on: March 09, 2019, 02:09:36 am »

Well, being the weekend I listened to the show. Thought Andy R accounted himself pretty well and James Whiting gave the usual sound bites one would expect. It’s still my opinion that the East Stand will never be developed whilst the current owners are in place. It’s also my opinion that this was probably always the case? This is not a criticism, just common sense really. The current model means that someone comes in, invests, can make a few quid and the club moves forward both off and on the pitch, to everyone’s mutual benefit. Nothing wrong with that in principle and most understand that’s the way it works? The frustration for many that understand this is that the supporters haven’t really seen anything tangible to appease the feeling that we have been short changed on our end of the bargain to date? No offence but all this talk of the trimmings doing really well doesn’t matter a stuff to the average supporter. When the owners took on the club we were told funds were in place to develop the stand? For me that didn’t say anything more than they had the money to do it if it was commercially attractive to do so? The thing is they can highlight the successful operation of the club both internally and within the community but it doesn’t deflect from the fact that both the measure and growth of any club is intrinsically linked to the attendance, which is in turn is directly correlated to the league position and performances on the pitch despite argument to the contrary by some. Therefore we have been in free fall in a tail spin and no amount of spin and rhetoric is going to hide that. As it stood it was not really commercially viable to develop the stand anyway, and since the club has been in free fall on the pitch it definitely isn’t. Therefore the ongoing deadlock is possibly nothing more than a convenient smokescreen to deflect from the fact that the current owners have currently no intention of spending the money, and they have said as much. To be honest dispassionately speaking rightly so as well, they’d me mad at the current time? Therefore this constant questioning about the deadlock is pointless because it probably serves a purpose and is in fact very convenient? If the status quo is ever broken things could get a tad more uncomfortable so it’s probably important to hang it out as long as possible? My unanswered question is more about the plan when the owners took over the club? It was hardly ideal with KT being in the states and they had no prior love for the club? Therefore what was the motivation to commit this amount of time and resource to what is if we are honest a very risky business? Don’t tell me it was because they like football because that would be complete bollocks. The current owners are no fools and there was a very specific purpose, plan and goal that made involvement attractive. How close have they got to achieving that goal, and is it still even achievable? Answer that and you will understand the true value of the club at anyone time and the current owners appetite to sell, which at this point in time may be relevant? All speculation on my part of course. But I’m just a humble supporter, so what do I know?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #312 on: March 09, 2019, 07:56:13 am »

This is an invitation to ALL Cobblers fans, come along on Sunday and have a listen to what Supporters Direct and other clubs Trust's have to say, ask the question you are asking on here. Fan ownership, Community ownership or a hybrid of the two or neither, but don't just sit behind your keyboard with your fingers in your ears, come along and THEN make your mind up.

Please accept my apologies as unable to attend as running an event for displaced and disadvantaged BMW owners to Coventry Transport Museum. All the best tho’.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3086

« Reply #313 on: March 09, 2019, 08:18:06 am »

Presumably their motivation was the same as Cardoza - to make some bucks from the land (development or otherwise). The Dubai fella was well into that. The fact that their motivation is similar to Cardoza and they intimated they would finish the stand is what makes them untrusted and unpopular?
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #314 on: March 09, 2019, 08:58:47 am »

Unpopular with whom?

Didn't we have a vote on this only a few weeks ago?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #315 on: March 09, 2019, 11:24:05 am »

Unpopular with a lot of fans.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #316 on: March 09, 2019, 13:14:33 pm »

Unpopular with a lot of fans.

Who is?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #317 on: March 09, 2019, 22:47:56 pm »

I wonder how many will attend the meeting on Sunday, 200-250? I may struggle to get there in time. Pity it isn't a bit later in the day. Bang on Sunday lunchtime will probably put a few off going (I'm being serious).
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 10, 2019, 01:10:23 am »

I wonder how many will attend the meeting on Sunday, 200-250? I may struggle to get there in time. Pity it isn't a bit later in the day. Bang on Sunday lunchtime will probably put a few off going (I'm being serious).
there will  be a lot more than the 12 that turned up to listen to Thomas and Whiting last week 😂😂
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #319 on: March 10, 2019, 07:35:38 am »

Yeah. Well..... They live in the real world. It’s always easy when you’ve fcuk all to lose. Imagine waking up on a Monday with a pack of dicks on ya back. How lucky are we???

What on earth are you on about? With an 'administrator' making comments like that, no wonder this board attracts a lot of rude folk.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: