The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:54:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Fan Ownership

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fan Ownership  (Read 26881 times)
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #420 on: March 12, 2019, 17:17:56 pm »

Can someone point me towards a fan owned club which has achieved a top 6 finish in league 1?
can some point me to a fan owned club thats not progressed in 50 years?
#timeforchange Kiss
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #421 on: March 12, 2019, 17:19:31 pm »

#timeforchange Kiss

Exeter....

I'm only joking  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 12, 2019, 17:24:27 pm »

One of the things I've been told was that one of the panel members from Exeter said that the most important thing for them is sustainability above all else. If that means a relegation out of the football league then so be it.

How many of our fanbase would be happy with that happening to us?
Both Cardoza and now Thomas sailed us close to the drop zone, so it's not really an option is it😂
If it was down to the towns folk to avoid the drop they would move heaven and earth, cardoza and Thomas not so.
#givesusourclubback
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 12, 2019, 17:34:12 pm »

Something that Northampton Town have achieved ONCE in the last FIFTY SIX years of private ownership !

So what you’re saying is Private Ownership 1-0 Fan Ownership  Tongue

Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #424 on: March 12, 2019, 17:36:10 pm »

#timeforchange Kiss
Rushden and Diamonds
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 12, 2019, 17:44:16 pm »

Rushden and Diamonds

two little village's,  had they reinvented themselves as Northants united, inviting our counties 700,000 to adopt them as their new club or alternative destination,  Cardoza and Thomas would be left in the slip stream.
Let's not assume all 'buisness men' are on the ball and are  'football men' We know their not🤣🤣
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #426 on: March 12, 2019, 17:52:26 pm »

two little village's,  had they reinvented themselves as Northants united, inviting our counties 700,000 to adopt them as their new club or alternative destination,  Cardoza and Thomas would be left in the slip stream.
Let's not assume all 'buisness men' are on the ball and are  'football men' We know their not🤣🤣
Ok, so you meant to provide an example that suits your agenda. Sorry my mistake
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #427 on: March 12, 2019, 18:32:49 pm »

I've been a Cobblers supporter for almost 50 years and the posts on here over the last few days make me so angry I almost want to give up....what on earth makes people so self righteous to be so aggressive towards other people's opinions?

The Trust deserve huge credit for organising a meeting with relevant speakers who set out a fascinating possible future...there is some confusion about the status of the separate report placed on people's chairs but at least someone cares enough to make the effort...

And how do people on here respond? Largely with sneers,  jeers and closed minds....this is the attitude that drove out local players for decades.....

The next accounts for the club are due out soon and I doubt enormously that they will show that the club makes a profit so it needs benefactors like it's current owners...so they and the Trust will need to work together on a brighter future for the club...

I find it incredibly sad that supporters of the Cobblers can talk to each other like they are on here....what would Brian Lomax say?

That separate report, as you put it is the most concerning thing for me. Not because of what's in it so much but that it was provided to all the people at the meeting without the Trust Board's apparent permission. The document has the Trust logo on it and is titled the same way as their press release about the public meeting.  All I want is for the Trust to be as best as it can be but this has been a massive own goal.

Imagine the uproar on here if this had happened to the club. Beds would be all over it!
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
guest216

« Reply #428 on: March 12, 2019, 22:25:04 pm »

How much do Saints make off corporate boxes? How about Oxford? Reckon it'd be no more than £100k a year absolute max, which is barely a dent in the playing budget.

Given we're already operating at a loss, how can you not only offset that but generate the additional £1m a year itd take to sustain League One football?
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #429 on: March 12, 2019, 22:45:53 pm »

I can't speak for Oxford. But my company pay over £10k a year for a box at the Saints.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 13, 2019, 06:37:58 am »

How much do Saints make off corporate boxes? How about Oxford? Reckon it'd be no more than £100k a year absolute max, which is barely a dent in the playing budget.

Given we're already operating at a loss, how can you not only offset that but generate the additional £1m a year itd take to sustain League One football?
We have lost over £1m in revenues this season by getting relegated to L2.
Sixfields in its present guise can not sustain L1 football and needs redevelopment.
We can keep going around in circles but that is a many time proven fact.
Also there's no such thing as 'just' £100,000 a year, that will pay for or the wage of a very decent striker, these boxes will  house those who are in more of a position to financially help our club etc.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 06:47:45 am by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 13, 2019, 15:29:45 pm »

#timeforchange Kiss
Wrexham
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 13, 2019, 16:39:36 pm »

A challenging league 1 club that can maximise on it earning potential,  thats all any of us want, had Thomas shown he could start to deliver a small resemblance of this, I would've backed him, but he did nothing but make excuse after excuse claiming frustration at possibly not getting all the free land he hoped for? and this continues wasting our time.
It's time for change, he's had long enough on the pot  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest216

« Reply #433 on: March 13, 2019, 19:15:21 pm »

We have lost over £1m in revenues this season by getting relegated to L2.
Sixfields in its present guise can not sustain L1 football and needs redevelopment.
We can keep going around in circles but that is a many time proven fact.
Also there's no such thing as 'just' £100,000 a year, that will pay for or the wage of a very decent striker, these boxes will  house those who are in more of a position to financially help our club etc.

No, that £100k would stem the tide of the operating loss we already make. It would partially subsidise the amount a private owner already invests to keep the club above water. It doesn't automatically add an additional striker to the current playing budget.

If you want to high flying League One football, we'd need to increase the current revenue by a couple million minimum. Corporate boxes and a few thousand on the gates against big opposition doesn't get anywhere close to that. The numbers don't stack up for this supposed untapped potential that others are blind to take advantage of.

I like the idea of fan ownership in the sense it protects the clubs interest and gives some level of transparency. But it shouldn't be presented as an avenue to progress the club further. Realistically without external investment, there would be a lot less money available for the playing squad, and that's the price you pay. It's one or other, can't be both unless another 10k supporters suddenly materialise every match day.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 13, 2019, 22:30:31 pm »

No, that £100k would stem the tide of the operating loss we already make. It would partially subsidise the amount a private owner already invests to keep the club above water. It doesn't automatically add an additional striker to the current playing budget.

If you want to high flying League One football, we'd need to increase the current revenue by a couple million minimum. Corporate boxes and a few thousand on the gates against big opposition doesn't get anywhere close to that. The numbers don't stack up for this supposed untapped potential that others are blind to take advantage of.

I like the idea of fan ownership in the sense it protects the clubs interest and gives some level of transparency. But it shouldn't be presented as an avenue to progress the club further. Realistically without external investment, there would be a lot less money available for the playing squad, and that's the price you pay. It's one or other, can't be both unless another 10k supporters suddenly materialise every match day.
You are refering to Sixfields as it is? If so yes, its absolute money drain that Thomas didn't address so now having to dig deeper than need be due to his neglect of duty.
A better equipped Sixfields attracts more income so elevates the need to prop up the shortfall.
An average of 8000 spectators  turning up at a 10/12000 capacity stadium would more than allow us to compete in league 1.
That's 8000 average,  are you suggesting we need 15000?
We dont for league 1.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 22:33:10 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #435 on: March 13, 2019, 22:57:14 pm »

Really don't know why you think that 8000 will turn up simply because the ground is a little bit bigger. It's a winning team that will get them in. That is it.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
guest3114

« Reply #436 on: March 14, 2019, 05:06:37 am »

Really don't know why you think that 8000 will turn up simply because the ground is a little bit bigger. It's a winning team that will get them in. That is it.
I think most of us have to accept that this is like talking to a mad relative who sits in the corner at Christmas arguing with the canary. You try to make conversation but after a time it becomes apparent it’s just plain futile.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #437 on: March 14, 2019, 11:15:49 am »

Not sure how quickly the attendance would get to 8 without success but it would certainly go up.

Why is Cineworld often sold out whilst at Vue the same film at the same time is empty?

Those that currently don't go to every game want value and a decent seat, as I said before think about your own choice of seat, the centre and much of the West stand is sold out to season ticket holders. A bigger ground would have more central seats available, those are the ones most people want. More seats would allow more friends to sit together. The only way you can do that now is to sit in the crap seats, wide and front.

But then I don't understand why some of you don't understand that.

Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #438 on: March 14, 2019, 11:45:44 am »

Not sure how quickly the attendance would get to 8 without success but it would certainly go up.

Why is Cineworld often sold out whilst at Vue the same film at the same time is empty?

Those that currently don't go to every game want value and a decent seat, as I said before think about your own choice of seat, the centre and much of the West stand is sold out to season ticket holders. A bigger ground would have more central seats available, those are the ones most people want. More seats would allow more friends to sit together. The only way you can do that now is to sit in the crap seats, wide and front.

But then I don't understand why some of you don't understand that.

So even after what we heard on Sunday about how it is near on impossible to manage the debt with fan/hybrid membership. People are still suggesting that we spend millions on providing more seats for a better view..

Just forget it. Without a wealthy owner or the handing over of loads of land it won't happen..

But then I don't understand why some of you don't understand that.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #439 on: March 14, 2019, 12:09:12 pm »

Personally, I think Vue is a nicer, more comfortable cinema but I don't like the car park and can't be bothered faffing around with validating the parking ticket so I'll usually go to Cineworld, even though it's a bit further from my house.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: