The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:45:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Fan Ownership

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fan Ownership  (Read 26830 times)
EssTeeFree

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #440 on: March 14, 2019, 13:34:15 pm »

What was the official line on the document that was released in the end? Have the Trust clarified how it came into being and why it wasn't endorsed by the Trust Board?
Report Spam   Logged
lift tower

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #441 on: March 14, 2019, 14:00:31 pm »

What was the official line on the document that was released in the end? Have the Trust clarified how it came into being and why it wasn't endorsed by the Trust Board?
Don't know but I saw Keith flick through the tactical bits of the document in the technical area on Tuesday night just before the late substitutions which led to the goal.
Report Spam   Logged

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #442 on: March 14, 2019, 14:27:40 pm »

Good question. Also, what's happened to Meccano? There's not been a peep from him since the meeting. Has he gone into hiding or have the Trust taken him on a one way trip to the Peterborough fens....?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 14, 2019, 14:30:11 pm »

Don't know but I saw Keith flick through the tactical bits of the document in the technical area on Tuesday night just before the late substitutions which led to the goal.

Grin

I did notice the club had a sly dig at the document when they tweeted the footage of Powell's goal as well. Clearly been seen within the club, no doubt it will have rattled a few cages. I'm sure a lot of people will have a view on whether that is good or bad!
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #444 on: March 14, 2019, 16:58:55 pm »

So even after what we heard on Sunday about how it is near on impossible to manage the debt with fan/hybrid membership. People are still suggesting that we spend millions on providing more seats for a better view..

Just forget it. Without a wealthy owner or the handing over of loads of land it won't happen..

But then I don't understand why some of you don't understand that.  Grin
Didn't being associated with our club allow Thomas and co access to loads of land?
That hasn't paid any dividends to date😂
It's very unlikely a multi millionaire will turn up and pour endless amounts of cash into our club in its present state, so we need to stop looking and using it for an excuse to continue with our stagnation.
Without anyone  knowing what the fan owned/hybrid club actually looks like, you cant  know for sure it couldn't raise  the £1m investment needed to fit out the East stand as a first stage development plan,  then proceed at a later date to in some way raise £1.5m to up the ground capacity by 3000  allowing us to welcome extra home and the many visiting fans we currently miss out on, to a more professional atmospheric looking stadium, preferably as a league 1 club.
£2.5m raised over a 3 year period by the many different ways available would see our club become League 1 ready and in a position to maximise on its earning potential.
After these past 4 seasons,  its quite clear Thomas hasn't any plans for our club, hopefully he can find something else to occupy his time, allowing ntfc to move on as a more progressive club with plans.

Report Spam   Logged
Freddie Ramscar

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #445 on: March 14, 2019, 18:46:10 pm »

Didn't being associated with our club allow Thomas and co access to loads of land?
It's very unlikely a multi millionaire will turn up and pour endless amounts of cash into our club in its present state, so we need to stop looking and using it for an excuse to continue with our stagnation.
Without anyone  knowing what the fan owned/hybrid club actually looks like, you cant  know for sure it couldn't raise  the £1m investment needed to fit out the East stand as a first stage development plan,  then proceed at a later date to in some way raise £1.5m to up the ground capacity by 3000  allowing us to welcome extra home and the many visiting fans we currently miss out on, to a more professional atmospheric looking stadium, preferably as a league 1 club.
£2.5m raised over a 3 year period by the many different ways available would see our club become League 1 ready and in a position to maximise on its earning potential.
After these past 4 seasons,  its quite clear Thomas hasn't any plans for our club, hopefully he can find something else to occupy his time, allowing ntfc to move on as a more progressive club with plans.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  Roll Eyes zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Report Spam   Logged
guest3153

« Reply #446 on: March 14, 2019, 19:12:52 pm »

The silence says it all and is deafening.
I've not seen anything about what else happened at the meeting either.
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
« Reply #447 on: March 14, 2019, 22:00:22 pm »

If you listen to this week's podcast, you might just find out  Wink Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
guest3114

« Reply #448 on: March 15, 2019, 01:15:50 am »

Not sure how quickly the attendance would get to 8 without success but it would certainly go up.

Why is Cineworld often sold out whilst at Vue the same film at the same time is empty?

Those that currently don't go to every game want value and a decent seat, as I said before think about your own choice of seat, the centre and much of the West stand is sold out to season ticket holders. A bigger ground would have more central seats available, those are the ones most people want. More seats would allow more friends to sit together. The only way you can do that now is to sit in the crap seats, wide and front.

But then I don't understand why some of you don't understand that.

FFS I think most of us understand that Randy. I just think that most of us are struggling to come up with a way of paying for it? The thing I seem to have drawn from the meeting is that ownership and progression from a financial perspective is going to be as challenging and difficult as anticipated. The issue can be dismissed as often as you like on here with the usual rhetoric of catchment area, well wishers and the pinnacles of the business world queuing up for box. However, if you bury your head in the sand on this issue someone or something is going to take a massive bite out of your ar5e. The difference is I understand exactly why you don’t understand that. You have clearly never been in the position of having to raise finance on that scale, unlike some of us poor sods on here. When and if you do, you will finally understand.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3153

« Reply #449 on: March 15, 2019, 06:51:07 am »

What podcast?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: March 15, 2019, 08:05:22 am »

FFS I think most of us understand that Randy. I just think that most of us are struggling to come up with a way of paying for it? The thing I seem to have drawn from the meeting is that ownership and progression from a financial perspective is going to be as challenging and difficult as anticipated. The issue can be dismissed as often as you like on here with the usual rhetoric of catchment area, well wishers and the pinnacles of the business world queuing up for box. However, if you bury your head in the sand on this issue someone or something is going to take a massive bite out of your ar5e. The difference is I understand exactly why you don’t understand that. You have clearly never been in the position of having to raise finance on that scale, unlike some of us poor sods on here. When and if you do, you will finally understand.
2 dozen clubs, some a lot smaller than us have found the investment to improve their infrastructure, its not a case of how to do it but more one of getting on with it, its a very straight forward process .
 Thomas still being ensconsed here, is a set back,  this after he claimed last year he was on his way.
Nothing will happen until he goes.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #451 on: March 15, 2019, 08:19:32 am »

2 dozen clubs, some a lot smaller than us have found the investment to improve their infrastructure, its not a case of how to do it but more one of getting on with it, its a very straight forward process .
 Thomas still being ensconsed here, is a set back,  this after he claimed last year he was on his way.
Nothing will happen until he goes.
Great news, get on with it then? Looking forward to seeing the results Beds.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 15, 2019, 08:43:47 am »

Great news, get on with it then? Looking forward to seeing the results Beds.
(note my last paragraph )
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 15, 2019, 08:53:54 am »

Is this the podcast equivalent of clickbait?  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
« Reply #454 on: March 15, 2019, 09:31:37 am »

Sure is!
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
guest3114

« Reply #455 on: March 15, 2019, 09:47:56 am »

(note my last paragraph )
Noted, What’s your point?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3153

« Reply #456 on: March 15, 2019, 09:59:06 am »

What podcast?
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #457 on: March 15, 2019, 10:07:11 am »

What podcast?

this one:

https://audioboom.com/channels/4973410
Report Spam   Logged
lift tower

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 15, 2019, 12:38:22 pm »

so according to this thread the fan ownership model isn't going to pay the bills, extra boxes and a redeveloped stand isn't going to bring in the necessary finances either, and a billionaire is unlikely to come along and waste his money on us.

So surely the best bet for our future is the limbo we are in now, with a private owner keeping us ticking over hoping to make money off a land deal.

What happens if he makes his money and goes? How do we continue to operate then?
Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #459 on: March 15, 2019, 13:04:15 pm »

Nothing's been built yet..  Grin

As for the raising of money through fan ownership/hybrid model. Portsmouth couldn't do it in a football obsessed City, with sixteen thousand season ticket holders and eight thousand Trust members. I can see why you think it's a goer..  Grin Roll Eyes

I know you are going to have to admit that you and your mates screwed up.. But c'mon. You know you want to. You're just prolonging the agony before you join the sensible side. We'd love to have you back in the fold mate.  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: