The Hotel End
May 22, 2019, 05:53:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Fan Ownership

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fan Ownership  (Read 15615 times)
In and out

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 14, 2019, 20:12:52 pm »

What was the official line on the document that was released in the end? Have the Trust clarified how it came into being and why it wasn't endorsed by the Trust Board?

The silence says it all and is deafening.
I've not seen anything about what else happened at the meeting either.
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
« Reply #461 on: March 14, 2019, 23:00:22 pm »

What was the official line on the document that was released in the end? Have the Trust clarified how it came into being and why it wasn't endorsed by the Trust Board?

If you listen to this week's podcast, you might just find out  Wink Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
guest3114
« Reply #462 on: March 15, 2019, 02:15:50 am »

Not sure how quickly the attendance would get to 8 without success but it would certainly go up.

Why is Cineworld often sold out whilst at Vue the same film at the same time is empty?

Those that currently don't go to every game want value and a decent seat, as I said before think about your own choice of seat, the centre and much of the West stand is sold out to season ticket holders. A bigger ground would have more central seats available, those are the ones most people want. More seats would allow more friends to sit together. The only way you can do that now is to sit in the crap seats, wide and front.

But then I don't understand why some of you don't understand that.

FFS I think most of us understand that Randy. I just think that most of us are struggling to come up with a way of paying for it? The thing I seem to have drawn from the meeting is that ownership and progression from a financial perspective is going to be as challenging and difficult as anticipated. The issue can be dismissed as often as you like on here with the usual rhetoric of catchment area, well wishers and the pinnacles of the business world queuing up for box. However, if you bury your head in the sand on this issue someone or something is going to take a massive bite out of your ar5e. The difference is I understand exactly why you don’t understand that. You have clearly never been in the position of having to raise finance on that scale, unlike some of us poor sods on here. When and if you do, you will finally understand.
Report Spam   Logged
In and out

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 15, 2019, 07:51:07 am »

What podcast?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 15, 2019, 09:05:22 am »

FFS I think most of us understand that Randy. I just think that most of us are struggling to come up with a way of paying for it? The thing I seem to have drawn from the meeting is that ownership and progression from a financial perspective is going to be as challenging and difficult as anticipated. The issue can be dismissed as often as you like on here with the usual rhetoric of catchment area, well wishers and the pinnacles of the business world queuing up for box. However, if you bury your head in the sand on this issue someone or something is going to take a massive bite out of your ar5e. The difference is I understand exactly why you don’t understand that. You have clearly never been in the position of having to raise finance on that scale, unlike some of us poor sods on here. When and if you do, you will finally understand.
2 dozen clubs, some a lot smaller than us have found the investment to improve their infrastructure, its not a case of how to do it but more one of getting on with it, its a very straight forward process .
 Thomas still being ensconsed here, is a set back,  this after he claimed last year he was on his way.
Nothing will happen until he goes.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114
« Reply #465 on: March 15, 2019, 09:19:32 am »

2 dozen clubs, some a lot smaller than us have found the investment to improve their infrastructure, its not a case of how to do it but more one of getting on with it, its a very straight forward process .
 Thomas still being ensconsed here, is a set back,  this after he claimed last year he was on his way.
Nothing will happen until he goes.
Great news, get on with it then? Looking forward to seeing the results Beds.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 15, 2019, 09:43:47 am »

Great news, get on with it then? Looking forward to seeing the results Beds.
(note my last paragraph )
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 15, 2019, 09:53:54 am »

Is this the podcast equivalent of clickbait?  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
« Reply #468 on: March 15, 2019, 10:31:37 am »

Sure is!
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
guest3114
« Reply #469 on: March 15, 2019, 10:47:56 am »

(note my last paragraph )
Noted, What’s your point?
Report Spam   Logged
In and out

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 15, 2019, 10:59:06 am »

What podcast?
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 15, 2019, 11:07:11 am »

What podcast?

this one:

https://audioboom.com/channels/4973410
Report Spam   Logged
lift tower

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 15, 2019, 13:38:22 pm »

so according to this thread the fan ownership model isn't going to pay the bills, extra boxes and a redeveloped stand isn't going to bring in the necessary finances either, and a billionaire is unlikely to come along and waste his money on us.

So surely the best bet for our future is the limbo we are in now, with a private owner keeping us ticking over hoping to make money off a land deal.

What happens if he makes his money and goes? How do we continue to operate then?
Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 15, 2019, 14:04:15 pm »

Didn't being associated with our club allow Thomas and co access to loads of land?
That hasn't paid any dividends to date😂

Nothing's been built yet..  Grin

As for the raising of money through fan ownership/hybrid model. Portsmouth couldn't do it in a football obsessed City, with sixteen thousand season ticket holders and eight thousand Trust members. I can see why you think it's a goer..  Grin Roll Eyes

I know you are going to have to admit that you and your mates screwed up.. But c'mon. You know you want to. You're just prolonging the agony before you join the sensible side. We'd love to have you back in the fold mate.  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 15, 2019, 14:26:59 pm »

Nothing's been built yet..  Grin

As for the raising of money through fan ownership/hybrid model. Portsmouth couldn't do it in a football obsessed City, with sixteen thousand season ticket holders and eight thousand Trust members. I can see why you think it's a goer..  Grin Roll Eyes

I know you are going to have to admit that you and your mates screwed up.. But c'mon. You know you want to. You're just prolonging the agony before you join the sensible side. We'd love to have you back in the fold mate.  Tongue
And I would be very surprised if we ever see as much as a garden shed with this lot😂
Portsmouth fans steadied the ship and became an attractive proposition, gaining some hefty
investment, so mission accomplished,  and good luck to them.
By the trust investigating an alternative to the near 20 years  of Thomas's and cardozas stifling regimes , with false promises and the blaming of all others for their inactivity, Im 100% behind the trust.
As for the sensible side of things,😂😂 if Thomas were to get his 5hit together even in this 11th hour, and proposes a real working plan as to getting our club off its knees, I would, return with head bowed, cap clutched in both hands to get on board with it! But that ain't happening anytime ever😂
Report Spam   Logged
random

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 15, 2019, 14:41:43 pm »

Does anyone really think that KT will build anything, he WON'T, it is so obvious

The club is mothballed whilst KT gets planning permission on the other land. Even if and when that happens KT will not invest one penny more than he absolutely has to into Sixfields. The broken windows in the West stand again point to the old days of DC, KT is no different.

I understand that KT offered the Trust the club for £3m, next week offered it to someone else for £2m, there are wealthy Northampton business people waiting but they are not going to give KT another £2m, adding to the reported £6m for a club he paid £165k for, a club with little value or asset

Now you so called fans can be happy supporting highly secretive owners who have been unscrupulous at best in their dealing with the Trust and NBC , who have done nothing but keep the status quo from the former legend of an idiot owner DC, who have produced no plans, no ideas and no vision for NTFC or call for a change. Give someone else a chance, perhaps Mike Ashley ?  He would be adored and worshipped here unlike those ungrateful Toon army who constantly demand him to leave their beloved club
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 15, 2019, 14:52:03 pm »

Does anyone really think that KT will build anything, he WON'T, it is so obvious

The club is mothballed whilst KT gets planning permission on the other land. Even if and when that happens KT will not invest one penny more than he absolutely has to into Sixfields. The broken windows in the West stand again point to the old days of DC, KT is no different.

I understand that KT offered the Trust the club for £3m, next week offered it to someone else for £2m, there are wealthy Northampton business people waiting but they are not going to give KT another £2m, adding to the reported £6m for a club he paid £165k for, a club with little value or asset

Now you so called fans can be happy supporting highly secretive owners who have been unscrupulous at best in their dealing with the Trust and NBC , who have done nothing but keep the status quo from the former legend of an idiot owner DC, who have produced no plans, no ideas and no vision for NTFC or call for a change. Give someone else a chance, perhaps Mike Ashley ?  He would be adored and worshipped here unlike those ungrateful Toon army who constantly demand him to leave their beloved club

Is it?

Will he not?  Isn't he?

Did he?

Hasn't he? Would he?

Some bold statements there...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 15, 2019, 15:28:00 pm »

Random, are these figures youre quoting 100% correct ? Or have you just heard them from a man down the pub ?
As for being completely open and not keeping secrets, maybe the Trust can be more open, if they were offered the Club, why was it kept from the Supporters they repersresent ? Why have they still not been told officially ? When the Trust decided to apply to have the Stadium as a community asset, did they consult with the fans they represent ? When the Trust decided to pursue the Fan Ownership route did they Consult with the Fans first ? Every thing that the Trust seem to be doing now they are putting it to the fans as the way they want things done ,without consulting with the fans first. So before people start accusing the Club of keeping to many secrets, maybe they should be asking the organisation that is there for the supporters exactly why they are so secretive.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 15, 2019, 16:30:19 pm »

Why have the articles regarding the Public Meeting only appearing this afternoon on the Trust website, despite stating that they were posted on the dates below?

8th March - http://ntfctrust.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-personal-view
10th March - http://ntfctrust.co.uk/news/article/good-feedback-from-public-meeting
11th March - http://ntfctrust.co.uk/news/article/review-of-trust-public-meeting-on-community-ownership

Is there an official copy on-line of the pre-meeting leaflet that caused all of the initial kerfuffle?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
random

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 15, 2019, 17:14:16 pm »

Is it?  YES  3.5 years of nothing but waffle and broken promises, there is not one piece of actual evidence to even indicate that KT will develop Sixfields

Will he not?  Isn't he?   He hasn't so far (sorry £3 for hammer to knock in bog door)  Just like DC, same staff, Sixfields looking more tired every month, broken windows not fixed points to a Not Proud to Be

Did he?   Yes as I heard it from reliable sources

Hasn't he? Would he?  Show me the plans then as I must have missed them, well as he has put £100's M and they are in the Prem with a quality manager, compared to the love and support that KT who has had us relegated and treading water in LEAGUE 2 then I would think 1/100th of the investment would be very welcome

Some bold statements there...    well someone has to say it !
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: