The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:54:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Supporters Advisory Panel - Thursday 21st Feb 7.30pm

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supporters Advisory Panel - Thursday 21st Feb 7.30pm  (Read 5184 times)
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« on: January 28, 2019, 15:39:22 pm »

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/fans_panel_feb2019/

Just a heads up for those of you who may have missed it. Open to all.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 09:21:15 am by clarkeysntfc » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 21:54:02 pm »

What exactly is this? It's not a trust inititive so is it an official clubs attempt to find out why so many of their support base are totally  p issed off with them, Advisory panel?
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 22:01:29 pm »

I believe it is a chance for any and all fans to have a chat with the club about all aspects of the Cobblers from match day experience to ticket prices. Its open to anyone to go along and give their thoughts on whatever they want to talk about.

I've not been to one, just going by what it says in the link
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
guest48

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 22:48:24 pm »

I went to the first one which was about 2 years ago and there were about 25 people there, the second one was about 3 months after that and there were around a dozen there. I don't think they have held any since then, wonder why they have decided to hold another ?
Report Spam   Logged
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 22:52:45 pm »

We will not be able to attend, but hopefully a lot of people will take this opportunity to express their views
Report Spam   Logged
guest3230

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 23:14:16 pm »

We will not be able to attend, but hopefully a lot of people will take this opportunity to express their views

Amen.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 09:04:05 am »

I went to the first one which was about 2 years ago and there were about 25 people there, the second one was about 3 months after that and there were around a dozen there. I don't think they have held any since then, wonder why they have decided to hold another ?

Probably to allow people who aren't part of the trust to come and talk to them?
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 09:08:37 am »

If that's the case why didn't those people go to the previous meetings, where the attendances were so few that they didn't bother to hold another meeting for 2 years ?
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 09:10:58 am »

In my diary I have an away game that day.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 09:12:54 am by SteveRiches » Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 09:14:48 am »

If that's the case why didn't those people go to the previous meetings, where the attendances were so few that they didn't bother to hold another meeting for 2 years ?

That doesn't mean that the club shouldn't try it again.
Report Spam   Logged

meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 09:19:12 am »

Was this the meeting with reference to which the club voted to scrap the Checkatrade Trophy? Then the club performed an about face and decided to vote for the continuation in its present format? Not sure its relevance other than EFL fan engagement box ticking.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2019, 09:20:30 am »

Was this the meeting with reference to which the club voted to scrap the Checkatrade Trophy? Then the club performed an about face and decided to vote for the continuation in its present format? Not sure its relevance other than EFL fan engagement box ticking.

They voted to scrap it and were out voted.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3230

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2019, 09:21:19 am »

What about for the % of fans who aren't behind the Trust?
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2019, 09:21:58 am »

They voted to scrap it and were out voted.

Yes and in a later vote decided to vote in favour of the continuation of the present format. Where was the fan consultation on that? Must have missed it.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2019, 09:26:11 am »

What about for the % of fans who aren't behind the Trust?

The Trust is a democratic organisation. It's not about being behind the trust it's about joining and forging its direction. I share some of your reservations about how the trust has been run and believe me I'm holding their feet to the fire about changing. You could make a whole lot more difference by joining and making a difference that way than by clinging on to the status quo that has failed us over more than a century. You might not respect mine but I respect your ability to make a positive change to the football club.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 09:28:35 am by meccanostand » Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2019, 09:38:16 am »

In my diary I have an away game that day.

So have I.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
wazzacobbler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2019, 10:52:00 am »

The Trust is a democratic organisation. It's not about being behind the trust it's about joining and forging its direction. I share some of your reservations about how the trust has been run and believe me I'm holding their feet to the fire about changing. You could make a whole lot more difference by joining and making a difference that way than by clinging on to the status quo that has failed us over more than a century. You might not respect mine but I respect your ability to make a positive change to the football club.

I'm a member and have been since I was a child. I don't get any say in what direction the Trust take with what they do or how they operate. I don't even get updates on what is going on regularly
Report Spam   Logged

meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2019, 10:58:38 am »

I'm a member and have been since I was a child. I don't get any say in what direction the Trust take with what they do or how they operate. I don't even get updates on what is going on regularly

Everything to do with this club has been from an embattled position including the Trust. That has to change now. Expect vastly improved communication going forwards and hopefully see you at the community ownership meeting.
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2019, 11:03:33 am »

I'm not trying to be awkward but for me, the "community ownership" meeting is the wrong thing for the Trust to be doing right now. They need to get their own house in order before they look at the possibilities of taking over someone elses.

Will there be people from Portsmouth or Wycombe there who will be able to explain every angle of it? By that I mean will the negatives of doing it be discussed as well as the positives? Or will the Trust just be using the meeting as a way of pushing it's own agenda which seems to be getting rid of our current owners?
Report Spam   Logged

meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2019, 11:15:06 am »

I'm not trying to be awkward but for me, the "community ownership" meeting is the wrong thing for the Trust to be doing right now. They need to get their own house in order before they look at the possibilities of taking over someone elses.

Will there be people from Portsmouth or Wycombe there who will be able to explain every angle of it? By that I mean will the negatives of doing it be discussed as well as the positives? Or will the Trust just be using the meeting as a way of pushing it's own agenda which seems to be getting rid of our current owners?

The Trust has a really good structure and getting its "own house in order" is relatively simple and there is new blood already getting involved. Our fan base has terrifically skilled and dynamic people who can add so much to the trust and the club. Of course there will be discussions of the positives and negatives of community ownership, it's not being taken likely. Your appraisal of the trust's "agenda" is wrong and the meeting will spell out why.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: