The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:05:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Supporters Advisory Panel - Thursday 21st Feb 7.30pm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supporters Advisory Panel - Thursday 21st Feb 7.30pm  (Read 5174 times)
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2019, 11:33:04 am »

The Trust has a really good structure and getting its "own house in order" is relatively simple and there is new blood already getting involved. Our fan base has terrifically skilled and dynamic people who can add so much to the trust and the club. Of course there will be discussions of the positives and negatives of community ownership, it's not being taken likely. Your appraisal of the trust's "agenda" is wrong and the meeting will spell out why.

Ok fair enough but that is the way that it comes across on here.
Will the meeting be minuted and sent to all Trust members after the event for those that cannot make it?
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2019, 11:34:50 am »

Ok fair enough but that is the way that it comes across on here.
Will the meeting be minuted and sent to all Trust members after the event for those that cannot make it?

Yes at the very least, as well as being live tweeted etc. The Trust has to compare itself to the best in the field just as the club has to.
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2019, 11:43:36 am »

Yes at the very least, as well as being live tweeted etc. The Trust has to compare itself to the best in the field just as the club has to.

That's great news
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2019, 14:00:28 pm »

I'm not trying to be awkward but for me, the "community ownership" meeting is the wrong thing for the Trust to be doing right now. They need to get their own house in order before they look at the possibilities of taking over someone elses.

Spot on.  As TFAMH said on the redevelopment thread weeks ago they don't even know if they are representing the views of the fan base.  They haven't even asked if this is what their members want them to pursue.

Getting your house in order involves significantly increasing your membership and re-engaging with your existing members.  Ask what they want....maybe it is Community ownership.  Who has decided this is what the Trust should be putting their time, money and energy behind?

Drilling admitted himself on that same thread that KT sees the Trust as a small faction of the fan base.  Why should he listen when you have no strength in numbers or a clear mandate from the majority of the supporters.  Prove yourself by doing something that increases, benefits and engages the membership.   
Report Spam   Logged
guest3230

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2019, 14:36:46 pm »

Spot on.  As TFAMH said on the redevelopment thread weeks ago they don't even know if they are representing the views of the fan base.  They haven't even asked if this is what their members want them to pursue.

Getting your house in order involves significantly increasing your membership and re-engaging with your existing members.  Ask what they want....maybe it is Community ownership.  Who has decided this is what the Trust should be putting their time, money and energy behind?

Drilling admitted himself on that same thread that KT sees the Trust as a small faction of the fan base.  Why should he listen when you have no strength in numbers or a clear mandate from the majority of the supporters.  Prove yourself by doing something that increases, benefits and engages the membership.   

Absolutely 100% agree. It's a very small minority at the moment. Christ when someone put a poll on here the other week it was 50% for KT and 50% against... The Trust needs to walk before they can run.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2019, 14:46:44 pm »

FFS we can’t even agree on the vechicle for canvassing opinion? You’ve got to be kidding me?
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2019, 15:41:34 pm »

What exactly is this? It's not a trust inititive so is it an official clubs attempt to find out why so many of their support base are totally  p issed off with them, Advisory panel?

You will be there I hope. I won't be.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2019, 19:19:06 pm »

They haven't even asked if this is what their members want them to pursue.

With all due respect that simply isn't true. All Trust members were sent letters informing them of the AGM in November, and that the topic of discussion was fan ownership.

The feeling following the AGM, which discussed both the positives and the pitfalls of various different models, was that this was something that the Trust should explore and it has started looking at it.
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2019, 19:35:02 pm »

I'm not trying to be awkward but for me, the "community ownership" meeting is the wrong thing for the Trust to be doing right now. They need to get their own house in order before they look at the possibilities of taking over someone elses.

Will there be people from Portsmouth or Wycombe there who will be able to explain every angle of it? By that I mean will the negatives of doing it be discussed as well as the positives? Or will the Trust just be using the meeting as a way of pushing it's own agenda which seems to be getting rid of our current owners?
Wazza, the November AGM had representatives from Supporters Direct and the former Wycombe chairman who oversaw the transition to fan ownership. They were brutally honest about the challenges that fan ownership presents, and gave both pros and cons. I outlined most of these on the Fan Ownership thread.

I would hope, and can see no reason why, the public meeting that will be called won't follow the same route. In any case, it would be open to Trust members to give the idea, and the Trust board and any guests, a good grilling.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2019, 20:05:24 pm »

In my diary I have an away game that day.
Very convenient, that your coach will drop you back at Sixfields, in time then.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2019, 20:31:19 pm »

Anybody on here make it there tonight and wants to fill us in?

Travelling away with work so couldn't make it.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2019, 17:27:10 pm »

As I’ve said before the club has become an apathetic wasteland.
People including myself are no longer bothered
Years upon years of broken promises and worse have made the cobblers a long standing farce in the county in general.
Year upon year this situation is just reinforcing itself to the households of Northamptonshire.

A massive catchment area but most people in the county see the local football team as a blight and an embarrassment
Go into pubs in any of the county towns and ask who is going to the cobblers at the weekend
Most communities outside of the town itself are actually ashamed of the club.
A sad but true fact
These northamptonians would rather watch premier teams on sky than ever step foot in sixfields as it is perceived as a Mickey Mouse tinpot outfit that stumbles from one crisis to the next and has never been owned by anyone with the finances to be an attractive/decent proposition for people to spend their leisure pound.

Sad but true.
Thought I’d just put it out there....
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2019, 17:52:20 pm »

Years upon years of broken promises and worse have made the cobblers a long standing farce in the county in general.
Year upon year this situation is just reinforcing itself to the households of Northamptonshire.

A massive catchment area but most people in the county see the local football team as a blight and an embarrassment
Go into pubs in any of the county towns and ask who is going to the cobblers at the weekend
A sad but true fact
These northamptonians would rather watch premier teams on sky than ever step foot in sixfields as it is perceived as a Mickey Mouse tinpot outfit that stumbles from one crisis to the next and has never been owned by anyone with the finances to be an attractive/decent proposition for people to spend their leisure pound.

Sad but true.

I agree with a lot of this but things can change. Don't give up hope. There is a whole new generation coming through and new people moving to the county all the time. Hunkering down and keeping things as they are won't change anything though.
Report Spam   Logged
ntfc01

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2019, 19:32:02 pm »

A sad but true fact

Sad but true.
Bit like most league two clubs then
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2019, 20:26:36 pm »

Bit like most league two clubs then
And there in a nutshell is the apathy!!

It’s worth remembering a couple of years ago we were a league one club with championship aspirations.
That’s gone well

Six years ago Luton town were a non league club with championship aspirations
That is going well.

We have gone backwards on and off the field.
Luton in the same period are now in with a chance of championship football(we haven’t played at that level for half a century)
Luton also have planning permission for an 18,000 seater stadium which in all likelihood will be built from scratch long before we get two hundred extra seats in the east stand.

It’s not hard to realise that we are going nowhere slowly
Oh....and we lost £10M pounds of the councils money as well.

We really have done well
Is it any wonder that hardly anyone in Northamptonshire bothers with the county football club?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2019, 06:22:20 am »

And there in a nutshell is the apathy!!

It’s worth remembering a couple of years ago we were a league one club with championship aspirations.
That’s gone well

Six years ago Luton town were a non league club with championship aspirations
That is going well.

We have gone backwards on and off the field.
Luton in the same period are now in with a chance of championship football(we haven’t played at that level for half a century)
Luton also have planning permission for an 18,000 seater stadium which in all likelihood will be built from scratch long before we get two hundred extra seats in the east stand.

It’s not hard to realise that we are going nowhere slowly
Oh....and we lost £10M pounds of the councils money as well.

We really have done well
Is it any wonder that hardly anyone in Northamptonshire bothers with the county football club?
You might not be bothered but over 800 fans were bothered to go to Stevenage and support the team!

What we are is frustrated with the owners of our club, over the years, who are supposed to lead us to an improving future and failed!
Report Spam   Logged
Lukey

View Profile
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2019, 03:18:21 am »

Meetings are a good thing, it's better than nothing,

Changes won't come from moaning online, those who are unhappy with the true should start their own trust, there is nothing wrong with having more than one.
Report Spam   Logged

Prejudice cannot be hidden,
Arrogance for the color of skin.
Its ugly head is here again
Racism is lurking within.

"Cynthia BuhainBaello"
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2019, 08:32:10 am »

Meetings are a good thing, it's better than nothing,

Changes won't come from moaning online, those who are unhappy with the true should start their own trust, there is nothing wrong with having more than one.
It is my opinion that any trust is completely ineffective without board representation.
If KT is desperate for investment why aren’t the trust trying to buy back the place on the board that they gave away for nothing?
Maybe they could have used the £20,000 they gave away to KT when he took over which no one knows if it was given/loaned/paid back.

Maybe someone with some idea from the trust could come on here and clear this up.
The question has been asked many times and the trust don’t like answering tricky questions.
That is why imo no one who has anything to do with the trust should be having anything to do with fan ownership.

Be responsible and honest for your previous failures rather than blindly stumbling on to attempt another project.
I won’t expect any response because the trust usually treats members with contempt.
Instead they will roll out the old spin...
We have meetings which all can attend...
No
No
No

Just answer the bloody questions that has been asked for three years.
Did you give away board representation?
Did you give the board funds?
Was this given,a loan or has it been paid back?
Will you attempt to buy back a place on the board for the fan base which was the original reason Brian lomax set up the trust?

Not hard questions if anyone from the trust has any intention of answering them.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2019, 11:53:17 am »

It is my opinion that any trust is completely ineffective without board representation.
If KT is desperate for investment why aren’t the trust trying to buy back the place on the board that they gave away for nothing?
Maybe they could have used the £20,000 they gave away to KT when he took over which no one knows if it was given/loaned/paid back.

Maybe someone with some idea from the trust could come on here and clear this up.
The question has been asked many times and the trust don’t like answering tricky questions.
That is why imo no one who has anything to do with the trust should be having anything to do with fan ownership.

Be responsible and honest for your previous failures rather than blindly stumbling on to attempt another project.
I won’t expect any response because the trust usually treats members with contempt.
Instead they will roll out the old spin...
We have meetings which all can attend...
No
No
No

Just answer the bloody questions that has been asked for three years.
Did you give away board representation?
Did you give the board funds?
Was this given,a loan or has it been paid back?
Will you attempt to buy back a place on the board for the fan base which was the original reason Brian lomax set up the trust?

Not hard questions if anyone from the trust has any intention of answering them.

Was only a place on the board under the previous ownership?
£10,000 as a hardship payment?
It was a loan that is now being used for another project to the benefit of the club/supporters?
Don't have sufficient funds to 'buy back' a significant amount for something that wasn't paid for in the first place?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2019, 12:10:08 pm »

Was only a place on the board under the previous ownership?
£10,000 as a hardship payment?
It was a loan that is now being used for another project to the benefit of the club/supporters?
Don't have sufficient funds to 'buy back' a significant amount for something that wasn't paid for in the first place?

Are they answers or questions?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: