The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:51:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

So Many Secrets

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So Many Secrets  (Read 4800 times)
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2019, 18:22:13 pm »

One day, will you reveal why you have your obsessive hatred/dislike (or is it jealousy) of KT?
Because I can barely drag myself up there anymore to pay and watch Thomas's ntfc.
Totally disillusioned with all this on going secretive/ blame apportionment  boll ocks with nothing ever happening just our club sinking like a stone, falling behind all our rivals with gates dwindling and after 3 long years, not even a working plan on the table.
Other than that, no probs with him.
But as I always say,  if I have missed the unveiling of his master plan, I appolgise,  please let me know what We can all look forward to?
Report Spam   Logged
Teyn and proud

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2019, 18:23:45 pm »

Tell me I’ve forgot what’s amnesia
Report Spam   Logged
Teyn and proud

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2019, 18:25:33 pm »

Well said beds I concur with everything you’ve just said
Report Spam   Logged
Athena

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2019, 18:49:19 pm »

I have followed the club since 1964 and seen good and absolute rubbish but in all that time i’ve never seen such lack of vision and ambition from the club in terms of infrastructure and player recruitment I can see us ending up with last minute signings that will not take us forward but will leave us going backwards I hope to god I’m wrong but I fear the worst for a team that I love
I started watching the club in 1962 so I'm from same era as Teyn and can fully remember all the ups and down from all those intervening years. However, I currently feel exactly as he does. Well said sir!

Report Spam   Logged
Teyn and proud

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2019, 19:23:14 pm »

Nice to know I’m not the only one Athena
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2019, 20:00:10 pm »

What would actually happen if I had a meeting with Kelvin Thomas and then published it word for word on here?
That would depend on what you signed beforehand...  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
andycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2019, 10:02:02 am »

Not a personal dig at GeneralCob but his posts tonight have pushed me over the edge.  Been thinking for a while but has there ever been a time when the club was sooo secretive in nearly every aspect?

So as a fan you rightly have concerns about various things but to put your mind at rest you have to book a 1-2-1 meeting with the club chairman.  You also have to pretty much sign a non disclosure agreement as everything said is off the record not to be shared.  You then become one of the lucky ones who is now fine about things and "in the know"....we don't know about what....we don't know if you've just been told what you needed to hear by a silver tongued chairman.  But it's ok he is taking bookings and any fan can book in a private meeting if they like.  What a ridiculous way to communicate with your fan base.

Is the club still up for sale?  Are we attempting to finish the East stand?  Are we trying to do more than that?  When will we hear an update and will it be in my childrens lifetime?  Need to know basis.

Then we have a manager like KC.  Trains at Sixfields, ruins the pitch, because he wants more privacy.  Who's watching your training sessions at Moulton other than a few sad fans with no life?  Someone come down from Morecambe with bolt cutters this week?  Watch a DVD of the last 15 games and you know how to play against us.  In fact opposition managers put away your bolt cutters I'll save you a trip.  We play with wing backs but not in the way a normal team would.  We confuse you by playing strikers or attacking midfielders there.  Don't panic though.  They aren't very good attackers, can't cross a ball and rarely make it back in time for any counter attack.  Also not being natural defenders they won't stop you even if they get back.  There is also a new tactic where we pass it out from the back at goal kicks.  You've seen Man City do it but we are next level.  Rather than the keeper just hoofing it long we pretend we don't know what we are doing by playing risky passes to our centre backs who pretend to have no basic ball control skills.  This sometimes looks like we are panicking but eventually once we have sucked your attacking players in for an interception our keeper hoofs it long up the pitch.  Anyway I don't want to give anymore away as KC told me a lot of this in confidence.

Then we have injuries.  Oh no you are only a supporter why should you get to know if a player is out for a week, month, year, has retired, signed for another club, is on holiday at EuroDisney etc.  Again it's league two football though so keep your cards close to your chest.  Totally screwed Morecambe over by the shock return of Ash Taylor on Saturday.  New club initiative suggestion.  Print Nacho's phone number in the match day program along with some simple Spainish phrases.

Remember the good old days when people had genuine transfer rumours they told people about days before they signed.  I'm not talking about those "in the know" guys who tell you they did know but couldn't say although with KT at the helm that's possibly true.  I'm genuinely starting to think some individuals may have been "taken out".

Post Match interviews.  Remember when the interviewer would actually ask useful probing questions.  Remember when managers would say why they left someone out.  Why they chose the formation.  What injuries players actually have.  Whether they are looking to bring anyone in.  I've given up listening to KC's post match interviews.  Mainly cause it seems KC hears a different question than the one that was asked.  Where's Jon Joe says the interviewer?  I think the young lads have acquitted themselves well today....and so on.

Finally not to be left out the Trust have got themselves in on the act.  So how did the meeting with the council go?  Was very constructive......and.....anything else?  Nope can't tell you as it was a private meeting!  WTF!  OK never mind I'm a member and thought you were representing me but anyway forget that what about the meeting with KT?  Yep was very constructive......and......look he said he was going to kill my wife and children if I told you anything please don't make me tell you.  I tell you what though we have a board meeting next week.  I'll snag you an invite but it's just between us though yeah?

So anyway suggested next steps for the club as you are still far too open.  How about players no longer have shirt numbers and play with a bag on their heads so the opposition and supporters have no idea who is playing.  Imagine how quiet the moaners will be when they have no idea whether it was Sam Hoskins who missed that sitter.

How about not publishing a fixture list.  Create a buzz amongst the fanbase where we have no idea who we are playing, what time kick off is or even if it's home or away.

Or finally what about one for the summer.  Knock down Sixfields during the summer and turn it in to an Asda.  Don't tell anyone though and pretend everything is normal.  If anyone asks just tell them the redevelopment is underway. Unless of course they catch you out by booking a 1-2-1 with the chairman in which case he'll obviously have to come clean....off the record of course.  No problem though as the supporter will come away thinking his season ticket is still great value for a Saturday in the supermarket.

Honesty is the best policy eh?

Good post, one of the best I've read on here in recent times.
Report Spam   Logged

if you hate peterborough clap your hands and Fxxk off poxford.
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2019, 16:48:39 pm »

Sad to say but it's getting worse and there are some new entrants.

First we have the grand statement but don't ask for any detail brigade.  I can't decide if this qualifies as they are either being secretive or simply making it up as they go along.  They offer a brighter future for all where the safe standing terraces are paved with gold.  One man, one vote.  We are all in this together.  No more secrets, let's have an open and honest dialogue about the pros and cons.  Let's get rid of those pesky businessmen who make grand promises without any detail. 

Sounds great you think so how's it work you ask?

Hold on Poirot what's with all the questions? 

But I just thought you might have an example that would help me understand!

Don't worry your pretty little head about it you'll find out when you need to know.

But you brought it up!

La La La La La can't hear you not listening

Oh Ok....all for one and one for all yeah?

Next we have the insider info wan*er.  They are lucky enough to be friends or related to someone within the club so get decent insider knowledge.  Life's great they could say nothing...except they can only get an erection by teasing grown men on internet forums.  They sit down at their laptop, stick on some Barry White, light a candle and open up a box of tissues.  With one click they are logged in and the fun and games begin. 

"Another player leaving tomorrow...some of you won't be happy"

Just tell us you idiot  They can feel the first stirrings.  Got to be careful don't want to break any confidences and "blow" this too early.

"It's a player that you all know"

More anger and vitriol gets thrown at him.  He knows he could have said nothing and yet he just can't stop himself.

"His name rhymes with Jakeem O'Dolphin"  and with that he realises he once again has shot his bolt prematurely.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2019, 16:58:33 pm »

Well said beds I concur with everything you’ve just said

I don't
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2019, 18:06:47 pm »

Sad to say but it's getting worse and there are some new entrants.

First we have the grand statement but don't ask for any detail brigade.  I can't decide if this qualifies as they are either being secretive or simply making it up as they go along.  They offer a brighter future for all where the safe standing terraces are paved with gold.  One man, one vote.  We are all in this together.  No more secrets, let's have an open and honest dialogue about the pros and cons.  Let's get rid of those pesky businessmen who make grand promises without any detail. 

Sounds great you think so how's it work you ask?

Hold on Poirot what's with all the questions? 

But I just thought you might have an example that would help me understand!

Don't worry your pretty little head about it you'll find out when you need to know.

But you brought it up!

La La La La La can't hear you not listening

Oh Ok....all for one and one for all yeah?

Next we have the insider info wan*er.  They are lucky enough to be friends or related to someone within the club so get decent insider knowledge.  Life's great they could say nothing...except they can only get an **** by teasing grown men on internet forums.  They sit down at their laptop, stick on some Barry White, light a candle and open up a box of tissues.  With one click they are logged in and the fun and games begin. 

"Another player leaving tomorrow...some of you won't be happy"

Just tell us you idiot  They can feel the first stirrings.  Got to be careful don't want to break any confidences and "blow" this too early.

"It's a player that you all know"

More anger and vitriol gets thrown at him.  He knows he could have said nothing and yet he just can't stop himself.

"His name rhymes with Jakeem O'Dolphin"  and with that he realises he once again has shot his bolt prematurely.

I've just realized this forum needs a like button. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2019, 18:48:51 pm »

McHammer, your recent posts are absolutely how i feel about everything related to our club. Superb work mate.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2019, 10:27:57 am »

I have decided to start a rival to the trust called the unofficial trust.
Very much like the trust it will have no power or influence on the board whatsoever but unlike the current official trust will be more transparent.
There will be no meetings planned with KT as it would frankly be a waste of time due to the fact that there is no board representation which is in reality the only way to actually know what is going on.

There will also be no pie in the sky plans for a fans takeover as it’s blatantly obvious that this would never work and even if members of the official trust thought they could raise funds then you could bet your bottom dollar their own members would be forming the board.....

The same members who at present don’t communicate with their own paying members regards important meetings that they have held!!

If anyone wishes to join the unofficial trust just write your name on the back of a fag packet and drop it in at the clubshop and I will collect them in a couple of weeks

You will then automatically become a member but will not receive a membership card or anything else but you will have full voting rights on any issues to be raised at secret commitee meetings which will be held at secret locations.

Our opinions can then be expressed but not acted upon as just like the trust we actually have no influence whatsoever.

Thankyou for your time and I look forward to listening to your concerns and not bother acting upon them because there is very little point.

Regards
Shoey

Nutter
Report Spam   Logged

Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2019, 10:35:01 am »

Nutter
You are adding to your tally of pointless and insulting posts again tony Shocked
Priceless Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2019, 10:35:51 am »

I have decided to start a rival to the trust called the unofficial trust.
Very much like the trust it will have no power or influence on the board whatsoever but unlike the current official trust will be more transparent.
There will be no meetings planned with KT as it would frankly be a waste of time due to the fact that there is no board representation which is in reality the only way to actually know what is going on.

There will also be no pie in the sky plans for a fans takeover as it’s blatantly obvious that this would never work and even if members of the official trust thought they could raise funds then you could bet your bottom dollar their own members would be forming the board.....

The same members who at present don’t communicate with their own paying members regards important meetings that they have held!!

If anyone wishes to join the unofficial trust just write your name on the back of a fag packet and drop it in at the clubshop and I will collect them in a couple of weeks

You will then automatically become a member but will not receive a membership card or anything else but you will have full voting rights on any issues to be raised at secret commitee meetings which will be held at secret locations.

Our opinions can then be expressed but not acted upon as just like the trust we actually have no influence whatsoever.

Thankyou for your time and I look forward to listening to your concerns and not bother acting upon them because there is very little point.

Regards
Shoey
Just popped in the Club shop to sign up but all the fag packets were in the bin. Don't smoke so I wrote my name on the bottom of my KFC bucket.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2019, 10:38:12 am »

Just popped in the Club shop to sign up but all the fag packets were in the bin. Don't smoke so I wrote my name on the bottom of my KFC bucket.
Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2019, 10:49:01 am »

You are adding to your tally of pointless and insulting posts again tony Shocked
Priceless Grin

So what is the true aim of your Trust Post - ridicule? Genuine query?
Report Spam   Logged

CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2019, 11:48:57 am »

So what is the true aim of your Trust Post - ridicule? Genuine query?

Evers - he was just being satirical. I thought it was gently amusing. Your love for the Cobblers just makes you reluctant to see it (I think).
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2019, 11:51:19 am »

Evers - he was just being satirical. I thought it was gently amusing. Your love for the Cobblers just makes you reluctant to see it (I think).

Really? I thought his position on the spectrum made him unable to see it!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3103

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2019, 14:00:23 pm »

Nutter

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2019, 14:10:58 pm »

Satirical, I get that bit except I am not sure how or if the Trust will take it that way. You do realize that Shoemaker has I believe past issues with the Trust. They surface from time to time! Sorry I dont quite agree with yr final observation Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: