The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 02:56:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

So Many Secrets

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So Many Secrets  (Read 4874 times)
Shoemaker

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2019, 14:29:36 pm »

Satirical, I get that bit except I am not sure how or if the Trust will take it that way. You do realize that Shoemaker has I believe past issues with the Trust. They surface from time to time! Sorry I dont quite agree with yr final observation Wink

Very good tony opinion rather than insult younare getting the hang of this Shocked
I can answer your statement here.
I have every respect for the trust commitee but as a paying member all I get in the way of contact despite a plethora of off the record meetings are a book of raffle tickets to sell each Christmas.
No email updates
No letters
Nothing.
That’s what I’m paying for.
To be honest the day the trust gave up their position on the board they should have folded.
They have no influence and do not have to be told anything by the current board

I said the day KT took over and the fan base in general wet itself with excitement that I myself would be very wary of anyone whose takeover was conditional on the trust relinquishing their board position.

Now I get that they will come back with’we had no choice’
Ok you did you could have objected to the takeover and the club would have folded.

Instead the trust accepted this condition and have been sidelined.
They only know what the board want them to know and so the paying members as a consequence know bugger all.

I bet Brian lomax would be turning in his grave
He set up the first football trust that is now completely and utterly pointless.

As a member you would think you’d see what was raised who it went to etc
I haven’t a clue
Didn’t KT get some money off them??

Bloody marvellous
Get sidelined and then give the board money?
Clueless.

Let me reiterate
Well meaning,hard working people but sidelined and in the main clueless.

If KT sold tomorrow and the new incumbent came in and told them they had no board representation they’d probably agree and give them some cash!!

As it stands there is no need for a trust until such time as they have board representation and can therefore report back on issues within the club to members who pay for the privilege.

So that is where I am with the trust
Brilliant idea when concepted but utterly pointless as it stands.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2019, 14:53:34 pm »

Very good tony opinion rather than insult younare getting the hang of this Shocked
I have every respect for the trust commitee but as a paying member all I get in the way of contact despite a plethora of off the record meetings are a book of raffle tickets to sell each Christmas.
No email updates
No letters
Nothing.
To be honest the day the trust gave up their position on the board they should have folded.

I said the day KT took over and the fan base in general wet itself with excitement that I myself would be very wary of anyone whose takeover was conditional on the trust relinquishing their board position.

Ok you did you could have objected to the takeover and the club would have folded.

They only know what the board want them to know and so the paying members as a consequence know bugger all.

He set up the first football trust that is now completely and utterly pointless.

I haven’t a clue

Bloody marvellous
Clueless.

Let me reiterate

If KT sold tomorrow and the new incumbent came in and told them they had no board representation they’d probably agree and give them some cash!!

As it stands there is no need for a trust until such time as they have board representation and can therefore report back on issues within the club to members who pay for the privilege.

And you are expecting Evers or Pedj to understand any of this?
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2019, 15:11:30 pm »

I understand it all and to be honest agree with most of it.

Any particular bits you want me to explain?
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2019, 16:51:27 pm »

I understand it all and to be honest agree with most of it.

Any particular bits you want me to explain?

You can explain all you want, but Evers still won't get it.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2019, 17:09:19 pm »

No email updates
No letters
Nothing.

I haven’t a clue

Bloody marvellous
Clueless.

Let me reiterate

Firstly pleae do not assume I am getting the hang of it - its arrogantly patronising.

I find your answer somewhat disturbing with you claiming you have the utmost respect for the Trust then go on to complain is that all you get from them is raffle book to sell at Christmas! You then claim they should have folded after KT refused them a position on the board. To me common sense suugests they might be an invaluable focal point should a similar DC situation occur. I am not party what went on between you and the Trust but your personal disatisfaction shines through; clearly an unhappy man. To call Trust Members clueless is unfair and cruel.                                                                                                                                                                              
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2019, 17:13:42 pm »

Firstly pleae do not assume I am getting the hang of it - its arrogantly patronising.

I find your answer somewhat disturbing with you claiming you have the utmost respect for the Trust then go on to complain is that all you get from them is raffle book to sell at Christmas! You then claim they should have folded after KT refused them a position on the board. To me common sense suugests they might be an invaluable focal point should a similar DC situation occur. I am not party what went on between you and the Trust but your personal disatisfaction shines through; clearly an unhappy man. To call Trust Members clueless is unfair and cruel.                                                                                                                                                                              

But challenging people’s IQ is fair game eh?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2019, 17:20:50 pm »

But challenging people’s IQ is fair game eh?

Typically sarcastic comment from you - quite why you chose to use this as a snipe is beyond me. Peoples IQ levels are invariably challenged on here; you did it to me not so long ago!
Report Spam   Logged

Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2019, 17:37:19 pm »

Typically sarcastic comment from you - quite why you chose to use this as a snipe is beyond me. Peoples IQ levels are invariably challenged on here; you did it to me not so long ago!
Tony the fact is we MAY have a DC moment going on at the minute.
Who would know?
How would the trust know?
How could they inform the fans if they themselves had no legal right to know.

I myself have no idea about the club finances but there has been a balancing of the books.
Are things rosy?
Are we about to enter administration?

Only the board knows.
The trust no longer have any actual way of knowing(maybe they’d like to deny this)
My point is therefore that a trust needs a place at boardroom level with access to intimate knowledge to be in any way useful and viable.

That for the second time is my point of view.
In fairness no trust committee member seems to have disagreed and that speaks volumes.

Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2019, 17:50:46 pm »

I, personally, have made a decision not to post on here anymore apart from up dating the Travel ect and commenting on matches.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2019, 17:56:27 pm »

I, personally, have made a decision not to post on here anymore apart from up dating the Travel ect and commenting on matches.
I fully understand roger but I stand by my opinion that the day the trust had no board representation they were rendered useless.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2019, 18:04:10 pm »

Remember the days when we had the Rivals site, Cobblers Comments, Sixfields Boys and this site all working at the same time.......look what its come to now!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2019, 18:23:53 pm »

Barton, don't let the xxxtards wear you down.  Carry on and stand strong for what you believe in concerning NTFC.
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2019, 19:15:32 pm »

Hardly a suprise.  Just another step towards becoming the very owners you so despise.

Not so easy being open and honest unless everyone agrees with you and doesn't ask questions.  Better to avoid and ignore because if we surround ourselves with like minded individuals we get only the answers we desire.  Kind of ironic really.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2019, 19:19:40 pm »

Tony the fact is we MAY have a DC moment going on at the minute.
Who would know?
How would the trust know?
How could they inform the fans if they themselves had no legal right to know.

I myself have no idea about the club finances but there has been a balancing of the books.
Are things rosy?
Are we about to enter administration?

Only the board knows.
The trust no longer have any actual way of knowing(maybe they’d like to deny this)
My point is therefore that a trust needs a place at boardroom level with access to intimate knowledge to be in any way useful and viable.

That for the second time is my point of view.
In fairness no trust committee member seems to have disagreed and that speaks volumes.

Thats a reasonable opinion but conjecture does reside in some of your ideas . Regarding a DC moment; the signs are not really there and by that our resident sleuths: GPC, Charlatan,the great MCHammer(MCH) & others would have surely been more insistently vocal. At the moment you are  perhaps the only one? raising the anti although MCH offers some guidance but its a bit too garbled and lacks focus. Fair warning tho'; we just need more facts.
Report Spam   Logged

guest48

« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2019, 19:23:12 pm »

Hardly a suprise.  Just another step towards becoming the very owners you so despise.

Not so easy being open and honest unless everyone agrees with you and doesn't ask questions.  Better to avoid and ignore because if we surround ourselves with like minded individuals we get only the answers we desire.  Kind of ironic really.
Kiss
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2019, 19:24:51 pm »

Barton, don't let the xxxtards wear you down.  Carry on and stand strong for what you believe in concerning NTFC.

Thats better vintage
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2019, 19:32:09 pm »

Thats a reasonable opinion but conjecture does reside in some of your ideas . Regarding a DC moment; the signs are not really there and by that our resident sleuths: GPC, Charlatan,the great MCHammer(MCH) & others would have surely been more insistently vocal. At the moment you are  perhaps the only one? raising the anti although MCH offers some guidance but its a bit too garbled and lacks focus. Fair warning tho'; we just need more facts.

Have to say that the evidence is not there at present...I do keep looking but not a lot in the public domain! With Cardoza and the boys it was all so obvious....

This time though I think its more to do with the fact that absolutely nothing is happening!

I was told in September that the club was almost sold...however that fell through. The same person now tells me that it isn't all as doom and gloom as it seems.

Who knows.......? A lot of rumour and speculation but nothing cement let alone anything concrete.
Report Spam   Logged

Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2019, 19:40:58 pm »

Tony
I wasn’t suggesting a DC moment is upon us.
I was suggesting that through lack of board representation neither the trust commitee,you or I would have any way of knowing.
To me that isn’t what a trust should be.
To be of use it needs to know what’s going on in the club and you only know the answer to tricky questions if you HAVE to know
Ie) be a member of the clubs board.
When the decision to leave the board as a consequence of KT taking over it was a decision taken by the board.
It should not have been so,it should have been voted on by all trust members.
Now I’m not saying the outcome would have been any different but to effectively take a decision away from the paying members was wrong.
A vote on whether the trust relinquishes it’s place on the board and the paying members have no voice.
Not right imo but hey ho it’s done now and the trust committee must live and die by it.
Is there any point in asking them questions?
Not in my opinion.
It’s main objective should be getting a place back on the board.
Imo if they had any bollocks about them they would be hellbent on achieving this one way or another.
I understand others may disagree as is their prerogative but that is my own opinion and I’m entitled to it.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2019, 19:57:41 pm »

I’ve just been informed that the trust had no legal right to a place on the board after 2002 as it was relinquished as part of the DC 125 year lease.
Can anyone on the current trust commitee confirm or deny this and confirm whether the paying members were notified of this if correct.
I wasn’t a member back in 2002 so wouldn’t have known.
Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2019, 20:00:36 pm »

Tony
I wasn’t suggesting a DC moment is upon us.
I was suggesting that through lack of board representation neither the trust commitee,you or I would have any way of knowing.
To me that isn’t what a trust should be.
To be of use it needs to know what’s going on in the club and you only know the answer to tricky questions if you HAVE to know
Ie) be a member of the clubs board.
When the decision to leave the board as a consequence of KT taking over it was a decision taken by the board.
It should not have been so,it should have been voted on by all trust members.
Now I’m not saying the outcome would have been any different but to effectively take a decision away from the paying members was wrong.
A vote on whether the trust relinquishes it’s place on the board and the paying members have no voice.
Not right imo but hey ho it’s done now and the trust committee must live and die by it.
Is there any point in asking them questions?
Not in my opinion.
It’s main objective should be getting a place back on the board.
Imo if they had any bollocks about them they would be hellbent on achieving this one way or another.
I understand others may disagree as is their prerogative but that is my own opinion and I’m entitled to it.

As a matter of interest what is or was the Brian Lomax blueprint for a Trust Run Club. In the final analysis was his objectives achieved and how does his model compare with our current set up. Please keep personal comments to the minimum to ensure clarity.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: