The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 02:29:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Col U.....Saturday

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Col U.....Saturday  (Read 9712 times)
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2019, 16:19:53 pm »

Niave defensively. Should have finished at least one of those chances off, but it still doesn't make up for some bizzare decision making at the back.

Also, the formation is s***.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2019, 16:23:45 pm »

Curle ranting on about "if we'd have taken this chance, if we had taken that chance"........well we didn't!

Also hinting at a bit of unrest and unhappiness in the changing room, "dealing with the negativity from those that aren't playing".
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2019, 16:25:57 pm »

Yeah, the dressing rooms comments were certainly revealing. And I know people are sore from the result, but I think there is a fair argument that if we'd finished some of our chances it could have been a completely different story.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2019, 16:29:24 pm »

Yeah, the dressing rooms comments were certainly revealing. And I know people are sore from the result, but I think there is a fair argument that if we'd finished some of our chances it could have been a completely different story.

But you can say that at varying points of the season....and forget the games where you win 1-0 with your only chance!!

It evens itself up i'm sure. Its a results business, not a "blame the ref/bemoan missed chances/praise opposition good saves" etc.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2019, 16:35:18 pm »

But we didn't and gavent all season so that argument is a non starter!
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2019, 16:36:46 pm »

I shouldn’t say this but I think we needed a whupping to wake us up. Some tough games coming up.
Wake up. Secure safety then f uck this season off and get rid of the majority of this squad. Honestly isn’t many that couldn’t be replaced with better and cheaper.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2019, 16:39:53 pm »

I shouldn’t say this but I think we needed a whupping to wake us up. Some tough games coming up.
Wake up. Secure safety then f uck this season off and get rid of the majority of this squad. Honestly isn’t many that couldn’t be replaced with better and cheaper.

Yep a long Tuesday night trip to Tranmere....who had the day off today. Then a trip to Lincoln to face the leaders in front of a 10000 crowd.....anything from those two games will be a bonus!!
Report Spam   Logged

Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2019, 16:44:22 pm »

I think there is a fair argument that if we'd finished some of our chances it could have been a completely different story.

Yes, in most of Dean Austin's matches in charge you could have used this argument, but results are what count. It seemed at first that KC knew how to grind out results, but he's starting to go the way of all our other recent managers
Report Spam   Logged
ItsaSetPieceDivision

View Profile
Windows User
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2019, 16:45:04 pm »

Curle ranting on about "if we'd have taken this chance, if we had taken that chance"........well we didn't!

Also hinting at a bit of unrest and unhappiness in the changing room, "dealing with the negativity from those that aren't playing".

This worries me. A 4-0 drubbing at home should be the result to shake him out of any complacency. Not pretend we were unlucky......

What is it with recent managers? Messing around with diamonds, 3 at the back, wing backs and zonal marking. It's a recipe for disaster at this level with players that obviously aren't comfortable with it.
We need to keep it simple - players in their natural positions etc

Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2019, 16:56:45 pm »

Zonal marking! What a joker.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2019, 17:07:44 pm »

Yep a long Tuesday night trip to Tranmere....who had the day off today. Then a trip to Lincoln to face the leaders in front of a 10000 crowd.....anything from those two games will be a bonus!!
At both... despite not because of Curle and his boys!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2019, 17:52:08 pm »

What is the point of playing 3 at the back if NONE of them follow the runners!!!!?

The best centre back parnership this season has been Turnbull and Pierre. I would defend with Buchanan and try Williams at right back.
Foley and McWilliams shielding from defensive midfield.

Over to KC to change his formation!
Report Spam   Logged
Trickymicky

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2019, 18:00:27 pm »

Just listened to Curle’s ridiculous after match interview while driving home from the match, they had 10 chances and scored 4, we had 9  and didn’t score, that was the only difference he thought.  He must be in total denial or at a different match to me today, Colchester simply played as a team and passed the ball, quite simply we didn’t or couldn’t.  Why oh why does Cornell hang on to the ball for so long, a quick release sometimes can put us on the front foot or does no one really want it, Powell came on and really looked disinterested and was totally ineffective.  Curle has lots to do and being in denial certainly won’t help. Sad
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2019, 18:14:21 pm »

It was a ridiculous interview. KC is most definitely in denial and what we did in the January transfer window isn't looking too clever.  This time next week we may be in the poo if we are not already in it. We looked disorganised and demoralised and I question if the latest batch of loanees is going to sweat blood for the Cobblers.  The stress metre is flashing red (again).
Report Spam   Logged
Cobblersmad

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2019, 18:16:36 pm »

I told you about 3-5-2 and the fact no footballer likes it. I told you it was stupid playing Bridge at LWB when he scored 2 and set one up playing behind the striker.

We looked like a team of strangers. Very very worrying.
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2019, 18:20:56 pm »

Just what exactly does ‘Turnbull is unavailable mean’? Dropped and one of the moaners who wasn’t selected? Or just injured!?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2019, 18:28:23 pm »

Just what exactly does ‘Turnbull is unavailable mean’? Dropped and one of the moaners who wasn’t selected? Or just injured!?

He sent a tweet before the game to say he was injured and to wish the team well.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2019, 18:28:49 pm »

I told you about 3-5-2 and the fact no footballer likes it. I told you it was stupid playing Bridge at LWB when he scored 2 and set one up playing behind the striker.

We looked like a team of strangers. Very very worrying.

Yep you need total athletes to play wing-back. Attacking minded players don't like it cos they have to track back and defensive minded players don't like it because they are pulled out of position.

The youth team don't play it so there is no continuity there. What it does does is give  false sense of control over the game as was shown in the first ten minutes today then dragged all over the place.

Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2019, 18:32:03 pm »

Well. Where to start? Let's start with a positive - we were quite good for the first 15 minutes. Other than that...

Sordell looked ok in places but should have scored.

First impressions of Goode is that he's a liability and a considerable downgrade on Williams who must be scratching his head at what he's done wrong.

Elsnik looked good last week but today was completely and totally anonymous.

Taylor was useless. What the hell did he think he was doing with that run upfield? I know Pierre does it, but he's a proper footballer with a bit of skill, not a lumbering carthorse. It was inevitable he'd lose it and, sure enough...

And Facey? Curle may as well have fielded a bucket of shìt at right wing back. At least there's a chance one of the Col U players might have tripped over it, meaning it would have provided more of a positive contribution to the team today than Facey did.

Finally, Powell. Now, I'm not his biggest fan. He clearly possesses some talent but seems unwilling to use it in more than 10 minute bursts every 6 games or so. And he was bloody awful today. That said, I thought some of the abuse he was taking from the crowd was out of order. It started from the minute he set foot on the pitch. At least give him the chance to fùck something up so he deserves it! We were well behind before he even stripped off to come on so there were plenty of others more deserving of some stick at that point...
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3063

« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2019, 18:56:27 pm »

Please Keith scrap the 3 at the back.

4-4-2 (diamond) for me.

Cornell; Facey, Goode, Pierre, Buchanan or Cox; Turnbull, O'Toole, McWilliams or Foley, Bridge or Elsnik; Sordell, Morias or Williams, Hoskins (any 2 of the 4)

Turnbull would give you cover in front of the central defenders, the problem would be lack of width but we haven't really got anyone to play there effectively in any case.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: