The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:25:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Col U.....Saturday

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Col U.....Saturday  (Read 9566 times)
guest2677

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2019, 19:02:50 pm »

Please Keith scrap the 3 at the back.

4-4-2 (diamond) for me.

Cornell; Facey, Goode, Pierre, Buchanan or Cox; Turnbull, O'Toole, McWilliams or Foley, Bridge or Elsnik; Sordell, Morias or Williams, Hoskins (any 2 of the 4)

Turnbull would give you cover in front of the central defenders, the problem would be lack of width but we haven't really got anyone to play there effectively in any case.
Agree on the formation but I'd be pairing Turnbull with Pierre with Foley/JJ holding and playing Bridge behind the two strikers.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #101 on: February 02, 2019, 19:07:55 pm »

Agree on the formation but I'd be pairing Turnbull with Pierre with Foley/JJ holding and playing Bridge behind the two strikers.

I just think Turnbull could play in front of Goode and Pierre to give a shield with O'Toole, McWilliams or Foley then Bridge or Elsnik as the man behind the front two.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #102 on: February 02, 2019, 19:08:39 pm »

Cornell - 😕
Facey - 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😭😭😭 🤡🤡
Goode - 😧
Taylor - 🤢😷🥵 🤡
Pierre- 😐
Bridge - 😬😬😁😁😎🙂 🙁🙁😤
O’Toole - 😬😬😬🙄🙄🥵🥵
Timi - 🧚‍♀️
Morais - 🙂 🙄 👍 🥵 😎
Marvin - 😬👍🙄😬😡😡
Powell - 🧚‍♀️🤡🧚‍♀️🤡🧚‍♀️🤡
Williams - 😕😩☹️
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #103 on: February 02, 2019, 19:10:35 pm »

'Bucket of shìt' - if only we could field this. Trouble is we are unable to even find a bucket. This group of players is going to take a long, long time to get out of the conference.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2019, 19:11:34 pm »

Anybody translate Clarity's post ? Seems to be missing a bit of Clarity !!!
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2019, 19:14:20 pm »

SadOldGit, these players wont be around when the Club is in the Conference, 5 loan players plus kids will be long gone.  Also Manager and Chairman/Owners will dissapear into the diatance leaving the fans staring into a bleak future.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest2677

« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2019, 19:17:45 pm »

I just think Turnbull could play in front of Goode and Pierre to give a shield with O'Toole, McWilliams or Foley then Bridge or Elsnik as the man behind the front two.
Hear what you are saying but feel we should play our two best centre backs in that position, and I haven't seen enough of Goode to be convinced.
It's irrelevant of course because Curle has bought in Goode so he can play three at the back.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 02, 2019, 19:18:33 pm »

Anybody translate Clarity's post ? Seems to be missing a bit of Clarity !!!
Put another piece of coal in your phone
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #108 on: February 02, 2019, 19:21:54 pm »

Please Keith scrap the 3 at the back.

4-4-2 (diamond) for me.

Cornell; Facey, Goode, Pierre, Buchanan or Cox; Turnbull, O'Toole, McWilliams or Foley, Bridge or Elsnik; Sordell, Morias or Williams, Hoskins (any 2 of the 4)

Turnbull would give you cover in front of the central defenders, the problem would be lack of width but we haven't really got anyone to play there effectively in any case.

On first viewing does Goode deserve to take J Williams place?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #109 on: February 02, 2019, 19:22:10 pm »

Ashley Cole? Thought he had signed for Rams?
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 02, 2019, 19:38:27 pm »

Anybody up for a Hoskins debate? He didn’t feature but don’t hold back
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2019, 19:47:21 pm »

Yep you need total athletes to play wing-back. Attacking minded players don't like it cos they have to track back and defensive minded players don't like it because they are pulled out of position.

The youth team don't play it so there is no continuity there. What it does does is give  false sense of control over the game as was shown in the first ten minutes today then dragged all over the place.

The current youth team started with 4-4-2 [10 years ago]. When Wilder came in they were changed to 4-2-3-1. In the last year they have played 3 at the back, diamond and any other formation you can think of. Yet they kept on winning. It's all about the quality and strength in depth.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 02, 2019, 19:53:52 pm »

Someone near me started a great new tune - what’s the point of Daniel Powell, what’s the point of Daniel Powell, what’s the point of, what’s the point of etc ..... nobody joined in, shame really. Can’t fault the lyrics
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #113 on: February 02, 2019, 19:56:19 pm »

Anybody up for a Hoskins debate? He didn’t feature but don’t hold back

He's s***e
Report Spam   Logged
salsalocust

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 02, 2019, 19:56:57 pm »

Finally, Powell. Now, I'm not his biggest fan. He clearly possesses some talent but seems unwilling to use it in more than 10 minute bursts every 6 games or so. And he was bloody awful today. That said, I thought some of the abuse he was taking from the crowd was out of order. It started from the minute he set foot on the pitch. At least give him the chance to fùck something up so he deserves it! We were well behind before he even stripped off to come on so there were plenty of others more deserving of some stick at that point...

Got to endorse this. The game was well and truly down the pan by the time Powell got near the pitch. So the manner the guy in the centre of West Stand chose to personally and relentlessly vilify Powell at every opportunity; every pause in play or when Powell was close to the touchline with no reference or context to his part in this game was simply vile. Maybe he was on or off his meds/booze whatever but it was boorish and pathetic. It was an embarrassing to witness and listen to and perfectly matched the embarrassment on the pitch.

Maybe, Powell's gaffe in front of goal was what the clown wanted desperately to see but it still didn't excuse. Supporters, eh?

Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #115 on: February 02, 2019, 19:58:04 pm »

On first viewing does Goode deserve to take J Williams place?

Personally I didn't think Goode was that bad today. In fact I think he was better than Sordell of the two late arrivals. But yes, it is a shame for Jay Williams.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #116 on: February 02, 2019, 20:05:53 pm »

Got to endorse this. The game was well and truly down the pan by the time Powell got near the pitch. So the manner the guy in the centre of West Stand chose to personally and relentlessly vilify Powell at every opportunity; every pause in play or when Powell was close to the touchline with no reference or context to his part in this game was simply vile. Maybe he was on or off his meds/booze whatever but it was boorish and pathetic. It was an embarrassing to witness and listen to and perfectly matched the embarrassment on the pitch.

Maybe, Powell's gaffe in front of goal was what the clown wanted desperately to see but it still didn't excuse. Supporters, eh?

He wasn't alone, but yeah, that's the main dick I was thinking about. I could still hear him bellowing from on the concourse as I left at the end of the game.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3086

« Reply #117 on: February 02, 2019, 20:07:00 pm »

Powell shouldn't be anywhere near a football pitch. Sixfields or even the Racecourse. Curley Chops is leaving him open to abuse every time he puts him in the firing line. If I were his manager I would ask him if he has any other skills such as writing code or herding cats cos he is going to need them.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #118 on: February 02, 2019, 20:15:00 pm »

I agree with the remarks on here and by Freestone on the radio today.. The second half was probably one of the worst halfs of football I have witnessed at Sixfields. A total capitulation.. I accept it is wildly optimistic. But I just hope they can start to gel now the ins and outs are over with....  We looked appalling.

Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 02, 2019, 20:16:17 pm »

He's s***e
Is Powell better than Hoskins?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: