The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:21:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Col U.....Saturday

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Col U.....Saturday  (Read 9568 times)
Dan

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #160 on: February 03, 2019, 16:40:12 pm »

The guy is an unmitigated disaster at this club, we are in a far worst position than when he took over in terms of the footballing side, time to go Thomas.

Can't disagree at all Manwork.

Curle seriously needs to take a look back to his first month in charge and go back to absolute basics. Because it'll cost him his job if he doesn't.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
guest48

« Reply #161 on: February 03, 2019, 16:55:52 pm »

Can't disagree at all Manwork.

Curle seriously needs to take a look back to his first month in charge and go back to absolute basics. Because it'll cost him his job if he doesn't.
But is that what he wants ? Look at all the managers that KT has employed, all of them have boosted their pension pots from NTFC and then got other jobs. Football management must be the only job in the world where it's extremely lucrative to be absolute sh*t
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 03, 2019, 17:14:44 pm »

So, we lost our first L2 home game since September against a good side and a select few of our "fans" seem to want the chairman and the managers to vacate their jobs. Yes it was a terrible second half yesterday but nobody died. A couple of players may need a prolonged rest, that's all.

Perspective needed I would suggest.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
guest3063

« Reply #163 on: February 03, 2019, 17:41:26 pm »

But is that what he wants ? Look at all the managers that KT has employed, all of them have boosted their pension pots from NTFC and then got other jobs. Football management must be the only job in the world where it's extremely lucrative to be absolute sh*t

Where's JFH working these days?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #164 on: February 03, 2019, 17:51:01 pm »

Watch this space ......
KT is ruthless

Any info on this ntfclad? You seem to be itk. Going by transfer deadline night anyway.
Report Spam   Logged
Patmore

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 03, 2019, 18:33:26 pm »

Lose two or possibly three more in a row - and I tell you , KT will shoot him

Then again, win on Tuesday (a prospect requiring some optimism at the present time) and the gap is 10 points and everyone can settle down a bit.

As a fan base we do seem to quickly escalate a situation to crisis quickly, and “that lot in there” seem to lack the mental toughness to handle a crowd on the turn. We basically need a point a game from now to the end of the season. That’s relegation form required.... to stay up.

Surely we can all be a bit more optimistic and believe we have enough to do that.

If we were to go on a run where we lost the next five straight.... well then I would really  start to worry.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #166 on: February 03, 2019, 18:36:11 pm »

Then again, win on Tuesday (a prospect requiring some optimism at the present time) and the gap is 10 points and everyone can settle down a bit.

As a fan base we do seem to quickly escalate a situation to crisis quickly, and “that lot in there” seem to lack the mental toughness to handle a crowd on the turn. We basically need a point a game from now to the end of the season. That’s relegation form required.... to stay up.

Surely we can all be a bit more optimistic and believe we have enough to do that.

If we were to go on a run where we lost the next five straight.... well then I would really  start to worry.

If we win Tuesday, and match Macc's result Saturday - 10 points, 14 games left. Very comfortable.

If we lost Tuesday, lose Saturday, and Mcc win - 4 points, 14 games left. Very uncomfortable.

Big big week!
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #167 on: February 03, 2019, 18:59:56 pm »

Where's JFH working these days?
Sky TV probably getting a lot more for a day than most do for a month.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #168 on: February 03, 2019, 19:02:13 pm »

So, we lost our first L2 home game since September against a good side and a select few of our "fans" seem to want the chairman and the managers to vacate their jobs. Yes it was a terrible second half yesterday but nobody died. A couple of players may need a prolonged rest, that's all.

Perspective needed I would suggest.

How many wins in that time and how have we played? Thats the perspective you need to take I would suggest!
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #169 on: February 03, 2019, 19:19:04 pm »

2 wins in the last 16 games......there's perspective for you!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 03, 2019, 19:38:44 pm »

How many wins in that time and how have we played? Thats the perspective you need to take I would suggest!

Where were we in the table then and now. That's the real perspective.
Report Spam   Logged

ItsaSetPieceDivision

View Profile
Windows User
« Reply #171 on: February 03, 2019, 19:41:09 pm »

What is infuriating is I don't think this is necessarily a bad side - if (a big if) players are played in their natural positions.

We've seen glimpses - Pierre and Turnbull looked solid when paired together.
Foley had a good spell earlier on in the season
Bridge was outstanding recently against Carlisle.

That's the spine. Build your team around that.

3 at the back simply doesn't suit the personnel and I don't think the players are happy with it either and they look like they don't know what they are supposed to be doing.

Surely if Curle's system was going to work the players would have grasped it by now.

Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #172 on: February 03, 2019, 19:53:19 pm »

3 at the back simply doesn't suit the personnel and I don't think the players are happy with it either and they look like they don't know what they are supposed to be doing.

I think this is very much the case. At one point in the second half yesterday, a good couple of minutes after a sub had been made, as the players headed forward for a set piece Taylor had a protracted exchange with Curle where he was visibly trying to establish what formation we were playing!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #173 on: February 03, 2019, 19:57:01 pm »

2 wins in the last 16 games......there's perspective for you!

Quite. 1 home win since middle of November too.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #174 on: February 03, 2019, 20:29:59 pm »

In the young table (10 games) we were 21st following the Mansfield match......we had 7 points, and were a massive two points off Morecambe who were 17th at the time.

We had 4 more points than Macclesfield, and now we have extended that to seven points....yep, in the last 20 games we have got three more points than Macclesfield.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #175 on: February 03, 2019, 21:02:12 pm »

So you admit the KC coming in has not improved us?

Again more perpective!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 21:04:04 pm by Glastonbury Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #176 on: February 03, 2019, 21:02:38 pm »

Maybe Curlio isn’t the right bloke for the job, maybe he is? Either way this constant chopping and changing of managers has had the net result of placing us right where we are now. I would suggest that is perspective. However crap every poor sod who has taken the job since Wilder may have been, changing the manager has not worked. If you get in a bloke with the right credentials and a proven track record perhaps it’s time to try some continuity and stick with them? Seems to me the current strategy is nonsense?
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 03, 2019, 22:14:49 pm »

So you admit the KC coming in has not improved us?

Again more perpective!

KC has improved us, but from a low base set by Austin. All we have to do is stay up this season and make some proper signings and shift out a few more in the summer. Seven teams are below us one of them 12 points worse off and if you add a -25 even worse goal difference you can make that 13 points. We are far from safe yet but in all probability we will not be going down. I suggest that you and a few others take the lead taken by Patmore of all people in being a tad more positive. Enjoy what you can of the remaining games this season and be thankful we are not in Notts County's position.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

guest48

« Reply #178 on: February 03, 2019, 22:26:29 pm »

KC has improved us, but from a low base set by Austin. )
Did you go to Colchester Ron? I did and there was a hell of a difference in the 2 performances, improvement? I don't think so.
Report Spam   Logged
BMON

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 04, 2019, 06:34:27 am »

Terrible performance, well-deserved battering, we were very poor but you can only play to the formation given by the manger which left gaps every where in the defense,. I also found it ironic that Curle went out to say he can't moan our players and provoke them into doing something but in reality it was us getting frustrated, Grin You reap what you sow in football.
Unfortunately I think Bridge was yet again showed up today as a player who is just going to slip into the back pocket of whichever winger he's up against at this level. Never looks like getting himself in a good defensive position and although his lay-offs are good at times and he undoubtedly tries hard, you need more than that from your LB. When Powell came on, the difference was substantial- simply having someone on there chasing down every ball and winning no end of headers  we suddenly looked a lot more dangerous and they looked a lot shakier. The improvement in the last ten minutes and, whilst I don't see Powell as the permanent solution up front, it did highlight just how much of a difference it makes having a mobile, powerful aerial threat playing as target man and demonstrated exactly why we need someone like that,
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: