The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:02:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Players Under/Out of Contract 19/20 Season

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Players Under/Out of Contract 19/20 Season  (Read 23928 times)
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #300 on: May 07, 2019, 21:31:38 pm »

I thought the consensus was that Buch's legs were shot at the start of the season let alone a year later, as good as a servant as he has been.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 08, 2019, 08:32:11 am »

Good for him, but guess it'll curb any chance we had of getting Bunney to sign for them now...
Don't write off Crewe!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #302 on: May 08, 2019, 09:00:42 am »

I would be very surprised if a division 1 side signs Buchs or any of our released / transfer listed players .
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #303 on: May 08, 2019, 09:25:17 am »

I would be very surprised if a division 1 side signs Buchs or any of our released / transfer listed players .

i agree - would surely be league 2 at best and only for a handful of them if that.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 08, 2019, 10:08:17 am »

I'll stick with Crewe then.
Report Spam   Logged
Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 08, 2019, 10:32:29 am »

I imagine JJOT will easily get hooked up with a decent L2/L1 team - can see him going somewhere like Colchester or Mansfield where he will certainly be considered a coup. Bunney and Waters to go to their respective loan clubs and Taylor to someone like Tranmere or Shrewsbury if he's lucky.

I would also be surprised if Morias is here next season and not at somewhere like Cambridge/Stevenage where he'll do really well. Williams may also fancy a move as I doubt KC has told him that he will be an integral part of the squad (odd considering he seems to fit the mould of a KC player). Will be interesting to see if we can bring in better strikers than these 2 though...

Hopefully we can keep hold of Turnbull, Pierre and McWilliams, but I imagine that if a bigger club comes in for them, they will be off too.

Interesting times... and lots of work to be done!
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 08, 2019, 11:05:15 am »

I imagine JJOT will easily get hooked up with a decent L2/L1 team - can see him going somewhere like Colchester or Mansfield where he will certainly be considered a coup.

I would also be surprised if Morias is here next season and not at somewhere like Cambridge/Stevenage where he'll do really well.

JJOT - wouldnt be a coup for decent L1 team - he couldnt get in a struggling L2 team this season!?

Morais - will do really well?! based on what?!
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #307 on: May 08, 2019, 11:36:02 am »

JJOT - wouldnt be a coup for decent L1 team - he couldnt get in a struggling L2 team this season!?

I think jjot is looking at someone like Cambridge, Crawley or Stevenage - mid to lower league 2. Morias needs a full pre season to lose some timber and get fully fit, whether that’s with us or elsewhere is anyone’s guess.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #308 on: May 08, 2019, 11:38:54 am »

What is slightly odd is that some under contract players are transfer listed and others have been told they are welcome to go if they want to . Why not just transfer list all the players that can go ?
I suppose he is saying they can stay as back up players that don’t fit into the system he wants to play .
Hardly motivational I wouldn’t have thought .
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 08, 2019, 11:51:37 am »

What is slightly odd is that some under contract players are transfer listed and others have been told they are welcome to go if they want to . Why not just transfer list all the players that can go ?
I suppose he is saying they can stay as back up players that don’t fit into the system he wants to play .

probably means that they can leave on a free if someone comes in for them
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 08, 2019, 11:53:46 am »

Perhaps he just wants to be straight with people. No hidden agendas etc.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #311 on: May 08, 2019, 12:26:02 pm »

probably means that they can leave on a free if someone comes in for them

Exactly , so why not list them ?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #312 on: May 08, 2019, 12:34:49 pm »

Exactly , so why not list them ?

Probably like Ebay, it costs to put them on the list...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Teyn and proud

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 08, 2019, 13:22:15 pm »

I wouldn’t get rid of Morias given the correct service he will score you goals if we get rid got a feeling he’ll come back to haunt us of that there is no doubt
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 08, 2019, 15:35:03 pm »

I wouldn’t get rid of Morias given the correct service he will score you goals if we get rid got a feeling he’ll come back to haunt us of that there is no doubt

there is doubt - as it isnt a fact
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #315 on: May 08, 2019, 21:57:44 pm »

second laugh tonight! Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #316 on: May 09, 2019, 07:38:20 am »

Morias is the best natural goal scorer we have FACT
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 09, 2019, 08:00:28 am »

Based on opinion/standard story of discarded strikers.
JJOT was considered a coup when we signed him, so why wouldnt he be now? He's still a decent age and if he has a manager that can get the best out of him, he will be a superb signing for someone.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 09, 2019, 09:27:54 am »

JJOT was considered a coup when we signed him, so why wouldnt he be now?

because he is 5 years older, and isnt as good or as consistent or as fit?!
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #319 on: May 09, 2019, 09:41:30 am »

Based on opinion/standard story of discarded strikers.
JJOT was considered a coup when we signed him, so why wouldnt he be now? He's still a decent age and if he has a manager that can get the best out of him, he will be a superb signing for someone.

He'd be a massive coup for a lower L2 team, a good signing for anyone else in L2 and probably an ok signing for a lower L1 team. Can see him ending up at average L2 club like Stevenage if they can afford his wages.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: