The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:06:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

TRANMERE

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TRANMERE  (Read 11125 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #160 on: February 06, 2019, 08:35:33 am »

Happy to agree to disagree, but will point out there is another player in the box (Powell) who I reckon he's aiming for. If Hoskins meant it and it boosts his confidence then that's only a good thing.

If you meant well simply agree it was a good goal , then at least you will be consistent with the commentators.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 06, 2019, 08:39:06 am »

Travelled over from my Liverpool home to see only my second Cobblers game of the season and was impressed by a gutsy performance.

Stand out players for me were Hoskins, Turnbull, Mc Williams,and Goode and JJ made a big difference when he came on the second half. Timing of the two goals was crucial in us winning the game and considering we played the whole game without any height up front we managed to absorb a lot of pressure and still managed to look dangerous on the break.

On the minus front we looked weak at wing back where Facey and Buchanan looked vulnerable on a one to one defensive situation. Taylor was caught out a few times dithering on the ball and again on a one on one situation looks poor.

My take from afar based on what I saw last night and what I have gleaned from listening to live commentary from Radio Noddy is that depite his constant tinkering with his starting line up Curle has steadied the ship and is worth persevering with.He has been left with a legacy of poor recruitment over the years since Wilder left and he deserves persevering with.Saw Lincoln play at Everton in the FA cup, Akinde is an obvous threat and Goode looks like the man to deal with his threat, apart ffom Akinde they are a threat from set pieces so we will need to cut out giving away needless free kicks and in this spect Facey worries me I would prefer McWilliams played at right wing back in his place.

Thks for report interesting comments too.
Report Spam   Logged

just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #162 on: February 06, 2019, 08:43:40 am »

If you meant well simply agree it was a good goal , then at least you will be consistent with the commentators.

I don't agree with that, but Irchy and I have agreed we each have differing opinions and have moved on, an alien concept to you. Why don't you offer your opinion on the goal having seen the highlights rather than rely on radio commentators?
Report Spam   Logged
runningcobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« Reply #163 on: February 06, 2019, 08:49:14 am »

Whats with Sam and the fire extinguishers?
Because he was on fire last night!!
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #164 on: February 06, 2019, 08:53:49 am »

Great win

And really pleased for Hoskins. I don't think anyone can begrudge him those goals. He always puts it in but doesn't often get the rewards. He's got his shortcomings and is very frustrating and imho, wouldn't be a first pick if we had better options.

But I guess we don't right now. If Curlio has finally found Sammy's best position.... well let's hope he gives him a proper shot there and doesn't play him in goal on Saturday.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #165 on: February 06, 2019, 08:54:27 am »

Undoubtedly a fantastic result last night for which, quite rightly, the team and manager are getting some credit.

However, I don't want this to be yet another flash in the pan. I just really want them to follow it up with another good performance (if not result) at Lincoln, because one win or good performance every now and then still doesn't cut the mustard. We've only really put together any decent form during new manager bounces in recent history, and that really needs to change this time. For that reason I'm still not comfortable that we're out of a relegation battle, but there's certainly a lot more breathing space.

It was also good to see Sammy finally given a go in a central role. For me he's been utterly wasted out on the wing for getting on for two years.

His two most decent spells have come in central roles for us, as a striker under Wilder, and as an attacking midfielder behind the strikers under Rob Page. He's been shunted out on the wing for too long just because he's one of the few players we have with pace, even though he quite clearly doesn't have the attributes for the role. From now on he should be considered for those two roles only.
Good post agreed
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #166 on: February 06, 2019, 10:15:59 am »

Ah the old 5-5-0 formation.

Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 06, 2019, 10:34:14 am »

I don't agree with that, but Irchy and I have agreed we each have differing opinions and have moved on, an alien concept to you. Why don't you offer your opinion on the goal having seen the highlights rather than rely on radio commentators?

I still dont agree with your opinion particularly as it is based on a poor quality video which you supplied. How on earth one can make a judgement from a video film which lacked any close up facility is beyond me.
I also support Irchys comment on the goal, plus the commentators and the Chron Video which heralded it as a great. As for moving on as you put I dont accept your churlish comments on Hoskins goal; you clearly have a one side opinion on the player and although the evidence is clearly against you simply dig in and at best offer a mild snipe on "alien concept".
Report Spam   Logged

guest2995

« Reply #168 on: February 06, 2019, 10:38:21 am »

Great win

And really pleased for Hoskins. I don't think anyone can begrudge him those goals. He always puts it in but doesn't often get the rewards. He's got his shortcomings and is very frustrating and imho, wouldn't be a first pick if we had better options.

But I guess we don't right now. If Curlio has finally found Sammy's best position.... well let's hope he gives him a proper shot there and doesn't play him in goal on Saturday.
Absolutely agree .
I don’t think anyone has animosity towards Hoskins and most really wish him on to do well .
I’m really pleased for him .
I thought he was easily our biggest threat against Morecambe despite not scoring . Curle then moved him to wing back .
Hopefully he will stick with him up front with Bridge behind him where he too has been effective .
Knowing Curle though , Hoskins won’t feature against Lincoln whatsoever .
Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #169 on: February 06, 2019, 10:39:19 am »

Twitter quote from @James_Chron NTFC

Asked Curle last night about Hoskins building on his two goals. His reply? "Knowing me I'll probably drop him at the weekend!" 😂
10:29 AM - 6 Feb 2019
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 06, 2019, 10:53:39 am »

Good post agreed

Interesting comments from Fez but I have seen Hoskins put in reasonable shifts on the right wing; however clearly it is not his natural position. Strangely Wilder played in the right wing. Against Tranmere last night he confirmed his natural position as an striker; somehow it payed off; on his own too against much bigger defenders.                                                                                                          
Report Spam   Logged

Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #171 on: February 06, 2019, 11:17:46 am »

KC has to stick with the same formation and bulk of the players against Lincoln. The only change I would make is to drop Powell and bring in JJOT.
Playing with 6 out and out defenders last night showed, and where as we had a couple of moments, we did look much more solid. Doesn't matter about playing one up front, just Hoof the ball up to Sammy to make a nuisance of himself then flood the midfield to pick up the 2nd ball. JJOT, McWilliams and Turnbull are all combative and should win a fair share of balls and along with Bridge, the midfield can hold on to possession too. I have been super impressed with Bridge in particular, dont think he gave the ball away once yesterday (corners werent great admittedly). Hope KC keeps playing him centrally where he can get on the ball and make things happen - currently our most dangerous and consistent player.
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #172 on: February 06, 2019, 11:28:08 am »

I still dont agree with your opinion particularly as it is based on a poor quality video which you supplied. How on earth one can make a judgement from a video film which lacked any close up facility is beyond me.
I also support Irchys comment on the goal, plus the commentators and the Chron Video which heralded it as a great. As for moving on as you put I dont accept your churlish comments on Hoskins goal; you clearly have a one side opinion on the player and although the evidence is clearly against you simply dig in and at best offer a mild snipe on "alien concept".

Were the commentators watching with binoculars to get such a close view on it then? You seem obsessed with first impressions of goals rather than watching replays. Can you please provide the Chron video with a better angle?

I have no real opinion on Hoskins, and can't remember offering anything negative about him on his form this/last season apart from stating facts on his goal scoring/assist, so your argument of a "one sided opinion on the player" falls flat. I already said that if he meant it then it's sure to boost his confidence which is great for the team.

EDIT: I just saw the video on the Chron site which is taken from the club's Youtube page. The goal highlights are exactly the same as what I provided earlier; no zooming in, different angle etc. You say "How on earth one can make a judgement from a video film which lacked any close up facility is beyond me" yet you are judging the goal on the exact same footage and the herald it as great! You truely are a nutcase, I cannot waste anymore time on you and hope others follow suit!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 11:37:08 am by just.reading » Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #173 on: February 06, 2019, 11:34:08 am »

The Sky presenters this morning were impressed by Sam's second goal and said something like 'if Aguero had scored that goal we would be talking about it for weeks'.  That's good enough for me.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 06, 2019, 11:43:00 am »

Were the commentators watching with binoculars to get such a close view on it then? you seem obsessed with first impressions of goals rather than watching repalys. Can you please provide the Chroon video with a better angle?

I have no real opinion on Hoskins, and can't remember offering anything negative about him on his form this/last season apart from stating facts on his goal scoring/assist, so your argument of a "one sided opinion on the player" falls flat. I already said that if he meant it then it's sure to boost his confidence which is great for the team.

I am glad you edited out your last sentence; the rest of your argument is fine although again you are not prepared to give Hoskins the common courtesy that he actually meant it.  Anyway we all move on Roll Eyes. I just hope KC plays the Chron Star man in a Central Forward position again and not in goal!
Report Spam   Logged

1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #175 on: February 06, 2019, 11:45:12 am »

Yep agreed, although despite the goal last night, there are question-marks over his natural finishing ability. We don't have the most patient of crowds if he goes through a dry spell up top.

That said, he was sh*t hot right before his knee injury.

I think this has been pointed out elsewhere, but how many games has Sammy played centrally since he came back from that injury?

IMO he offers an awful lot to this XI. Shame about his conversion rate.
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #176 on: February 06, 2019, 11:50:59 am »

Amazed at the amount of sniping on this thread between certain parties, after what was an entirely unexpected three points.

Only one person knows if he meant it or not.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 06, 2019, 11:53:11 am »

Were the commentators watching with binoculars to get such a close view on it then? You seem obsessed with first impressions of goals rather than watching replays. Can you please provide the Chron video with a better angle?

EDIT: I just saw the video on the Chron site which is taken from the club's Youtube page. The goal highlights are exactly the same as what I provided earlier; no zooming in, different angle etc. You say "How on earth one can make a judgement from a video film which lacked any close up facility is beyond me" yet you are judging the goal on the exact same footage and the herald it as great! You truely are a nutcase, I cannot waste anymore time on you and hope others follow suit!

You cant move on at all can you; always the self justified comments to suit yr argument. The Chron Video was much better quality than you supplied. I didnt herald the goal as great one; the Chron one did!  Then you offer abuse as part of your argument and incidentally provocative patronising comments.
Report Spam   Logged

Bertie

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #178 on: February 06, 2019, 12:02:53 pm »

Fantastic result, and so important to get it at a despondent time. Well done to SuperSam - really hope it can turn a corner for him. Always had the pace and the effort - if he can start getting some end product too then that's great all round.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #179 on: February 06, 2019, 12:30:02 pm »

Amazed at the amount of sniping on this thread between certain parties, after what was an entirely unexpected three points.

Only one person knows if he meant it or not.

I called the win on Facebook, We do better against the top teams ala Carlisle.

We need teams to try and control the game and play out from the back for us to punish them.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: