The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:02:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Lincoln away

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lincoln away  (Read 7800 times)
Dan

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Search Apple User
« on: February 07, 2019, 19:20:28 pm »

After an IMPressive away win on Tuesday, we have another tough road trip.

Fun fact for you all. Sincil Bank is about to become the first ground in the country that I have watched a game from all four sides  Grin

No idea how this will go but 6 of us arriving at a good hour to have a good day out regardless. Certainly travelling with renewed optimism after Tuesday's excellent result.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ImpossibleOpinion

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 20:22:52 pm »

Fun fact for you all. Sincil Bank is about to become the first ground in the country that I have watched a game from all four sides  Grin

No idea how this will go but 6 of us arriving at a good hour to have a good day out regardless. Certainly travelling with renewed optimism after Tuesday's excellent result.

Guess it is nearly time again for the meltdown harking back to the goodoldbadolddays ...Barton are you coming for that beer ? I see you have given us back 2/3rds of the away stand so presume only 4-500 coming ? Hopefully the volume will crank up enough for you :-) Good result in midweek - we love anyone putting one over the Trannies ...Hoskins made a mug of all of your pre-match worrying about him being selected. We have 88 home tickets to sell so should be a fullish house.  If you are over early for beers then the Square Sail on the Brayford is good for cheap beer and food plus away-fan friendly.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 20:40:27 pm »

Guess it is nearly time again for the meltdown harking back to the goodoldbadolddays ...Barton are you coming for that beer ? I see you have given us back 2/3rds of the away stand so presume only 4-500 coming ? Hopefully the volume will crank up enough for you :-) Good result in midweek - we love anyone putting one over the Trannies ...Hoskins made a mug of all of your pre-match worrying about him being selected. We have 88 home tickets to sell so should be a fullish house.  If you are over early for beers then the Square Sail on the Brayford is good for cheap beer and food plus away-fan friendly.

Oh here he is banging on again about what great bandwagon sorry fans Lincoln are! Same guy who was banging on about us having only sold around 200 tkts in the cup...we took near on 600!

Why the poor recommendations for cheap beer, when the Jolly Brewer, Strugglers, Victoria, Hop & Barley and Golden Eagle await? I did Treaty of Commerce also earlier in the season!

Arriving at 11 30am  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
ImpossibleOpinion

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 21:17:52 pm »

Good luck in the Treaty  Evil  Brewer is fine establishment ..but a fair trek...Eagle is mixed and friendly with crap beer ..I will be in the Shakespeare ...feel free to drop in - only been an Imp since 77 so funny to listen to the rhetoric about plastics and bandwagons - errr https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2017/may/attendances_rising/ shows we are all the same deep down ...

1990      4.346   
1989      6.494   
1988      7.934      
1987         11.138      
1986      4.449      
1985           4.350      

Who had these average attendances ? Note a pattern ?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 21:19:35 pm by ImpossibleOpinion » Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 23:15:12 pm »

I'll be there, like I was for the Cup game, loyal fans us lot, not bandwaggoners ! I didn't see any trouble from your lot at the Cup game which really is a refreshing change. We are stopping for a few beers before we get to Lincoln but I'll be in the bar near the away coaches for the last half hour if you want to buy me a beer  Smiley

PS You're not the first club who's attendances go up when you're winning and you did have more than your fair share of ars*hole fans. Note I said "did" 
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 23:26:24 pm »

All you need to do is stand in front and orchestrate the band. Thks
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
ImpossibleOpinion

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 00:10:52 am »

I'll be there, like I was for the Cup game, loyal fans us lot, not bandwaggoners ! I didn't see any trouble from your lot at the Cup game which really is a refreshing change. We are stopping for a few beers before we get to Lincoln but I'll be in the bar near the away coaches for the last half hour if you want to buy me a beer  Smiley

PS You're not the first club who's attendances go up when you're winning and you did have more than your fair share of ars*hole fans. Note I said "did" 

If you are in the Fanzone this can happen if i can spot you amongst the travelling horde !! Meeting up with a Groundhopper who is doing the 92 with his son and attended the first match this season at your place too to give him some souvenirs
Only trouble at our place is when the vermin from Mansfield, Port Vale Luton and Grim have been...every other team who brings decent fans large or small following is generally very welcome in most pubs and at the ground in particular.
First time at your place was the old 3 sided days on the terrace behind the goal (Copper with a 58 waist brought a song out.)..was also at game in 1980 at our place when Harford and Hobson carved you up for an 8 nil win so fond memories of Cobbler encounters
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 10:27:07 am »

If you are in the Fanzone this can happen if i can spot you amongst the travelling horde !! Meeting up with a Groundhopper who is doing the 92 with his son and attended the first match this season at your place too to give him some souvenirs
Only trouble at our place is when the vermin from Mansfield, Port Vale Luton and Grim have been...every other team who brings decent fans large or small following is generally very welcome in most pubs and at the ground in particular.
First time at your place was the old 3 sided days on the terrace behind the goal (Copper with a 58 waist brought a song out.)..was also at game in 1980 at our place when Harford and Hobson carved you up for an 8 nil win so fond memories of Cobbler encounters
What about Bury?
Karma's a bitch eh!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2019, 10:35:23 am »

Good luck in the Treaty  Evil  Brewer is fine establishment ..but a fair trek...Eagle is mixed and friendly with crap beer ..I will be in the Shakespeare ...feel free to drop in - only been an Imp since 77 so funny to listen to the rhetoric about plastics and bandwagons - errr https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2017/may/attendances_rising/ shows we are all the same deep down ...

1990      4.346   
1989      6.494   
1988      7.934      
1987         11.138      
1986      4.449      
1985           4.350      

Who had these average attendances ? Note a pattern ?

Those attendances are all wrong btw ( if they are directed at NTFC!)
85 was around 2,500 max
86 around the 3,700 mark
87 11,138 was our largest attendance that season (4-1 win at Christmas against Cardiff City)

The more recent seem correct. Yes, went everywhere for most of those seasons, down to about 3/4 these days! 😉
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 10:37:26 am by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
ImpossibleOpinion

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2019, 13:10:49 pm »

What about Bury?
Karma's a **** eh!  Grin

Karma indeed ..40 Bury skooligans ran in to the away end after game to threaten the families and little children and the bobble-hats ...sure that will be more than adequately addressed next season if we both go up or stay down ...AFAIK no such thing has existed with you lot for 20-30 years and we now have a diverse welcoming club ...hence offering to buy Barton a beer in fanzone etc ...seems some of you (and other boards) have nothing better than to trot out old populist crap ...yes the LTE used to wreck your place ..but none of them are under 60 now ..and only seen one or two faces still around (with their grand-kids)  Huh? Roll Eyes Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2019, 13:31:48 pm »

Karma indeed ..40 Bury skooligans ran in to the away end after game to threaten the families and little children and the bobble-hats ...sure that will be more than adequately addressed next season if we both go up or stay down ...AFAIK no such thing has existed with you lot for 20-30 years and we now have a diverse welcoming club ...hence offering to buy Barton a beer in fanzone etc ...seems some of you (and other boards) have nothing better than to trot out old populist crap ...yes the LTE used to wreck your place ..but none of them are under 60 now ..and only seen one or two faces still around (with their grand-kids)  Huh? Roll Eyes Tongue

I remember getting a kicking off the LTE at your place back in the day. But as you say that's a long time in the past, had a good chat with a few Lincoln in the Walter Tull before the first game of the season and I think you will go up this year. As for the extra fans you have gained over the last few years good luck I hope you can keep them and keep going. Good luck for the rest of the season but I hope we hammer you on Saturday.
Report Spam   Logged
ImpossibleOpinion

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2019, 18:27:03 pm »

I remember getting a kicking off the LTE at your place back in the day. But as you say that's a long time in the past, had a good chat with a few Lincoln in the Walter Tull before the first game of the season and I think you will go up this year. As for the extra fans you have gained over the last few years good luck I hope you can keep them and keep going. Good luck for the rest of the season but I hope we hammer you on Saturday.

Same to you - it is a whole new world here now ...once we put 8 past you (again) tomorrow I wish you all the success as yours is a proper club with (generally) decent fans....little footnote a good mate of mine went to every match home and away for 4 years in the early 80s EXCEPT the 8 nil against you and the 9 nil win against Bournemouth !
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2019, 18:29:31 pm »

Same to you - it is a whole new world here now ...once we put 8 past you (again) tomorrow I wish you all the success as yours is a proper club with (generally) decent fans....little footnote a good mate of mine went to every match home and away for 4 years in the early 80s EXCEPT the 8 nil against you and the 9 nil win against Bournemouth !

Is he going to be there tomorrow?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest48

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2019, 18:37:34 pm »

Did you beat us 8-0 you haven't mentioned it MUCH !!!! Anyhow, how many times have you been relegated to non league ? Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2019, 19:22:19 pm »

Wreck our place! 😂 Now the true side coming into view...Sevens pub at our place this season, never mind Bury making you bleat and cry!
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2019, 21:03:08 pm »

Hoskmiester hatrick and a last min pen save from Corno.
2-3 Cobbs
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
ImpossibleOpinion

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2019, 22:15:47 pm »

Did you beat us 8-0 you haven't mentioned it MUCH !!!! Anyhow, how many times have you been relegated to non league ? Wink

Twice ..first season i did all games ..was a great laugh ..turning up with a train special to Kettering or Kidderminster and getting back first time ...the second was more traumatic ..6 years of the worst possible ..nearing financial extinction every year ...so dont begrudge the Pheonix from the ashes..it could still happen to any of the established teams..
Report Spam   Logged
ImpossibleOpinion

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2019, 22:21:10 pm »

Wreck our place! 😂 Now the true side coming into view...Sevens pub at our place this season, never mind Bury making you bleat and cry!

Obviously you are the nominated keyboard warrior of the week ...crying about Sevens but trying to attach yourself to Bury's skooligans ...come along tomorrow and see a club on the up ...how you used to be before stealing your now bankrupt councils money  Shocked Shocked ...or are you another of these anonymous chatterboxes ? Me and Barton having a pint ...Bury will no doubt reap what they sow ...
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2019, 10:52:11 am »

on  PAPER this will be tough. we MUST DEFEND WELL AND TRY TO CATCH THEM ON THE BREAK
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2019, 13:05:05 pm »

Team news, as you were from Tuesday, just JJ replacing Joe Powell.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: