The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:39:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Listen to the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Listen to the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast  (Read 46525 times)
Risdene

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #300 on: August 10, 2022, 11:27:44 am »

The podcasters have announced an open forum with KT on September 8th.

What a great opportunity for the club to outline their plans and timescale for the expansion of Sixfields, as the ACV runs out on the 3rd!!!

I won't hold my breath!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 11:31:14 am by Risdene » Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #301 on: August 10, 2022, 11:58:33 am »

What a great opportunity for the club to outline their plans and timescale for the expansion of Sixfields, as the ACV runs out on the 3rd!!!

I won't hold my breath!
Nor me it will be a case of Blah blah blah, can someone ask him how much of the Chinese money he kept and how much of it paid down the club debt?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #302 on: August 10, 2022, 18:09:24 pm »

I won't hold my breath!

This podcast seems to be one of KT's favourite platforms for getting things 'out there', which I find quite interesting. Does anyone know what their figures are with regards to numbers of listeners?
And will it be free for all Cobbler's fans to listen to, or will there be some sort of subscription model?

Disclalaimer: Not a dig at the podcast, as I know building an audience is a tough gig. I just assume this will be KT dropping in a general chat, because if he has something of importance to say then I'd expect him to target a larger audience.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 18:21:51 pm by JollyCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #303 on: August 10, 2022, 18:43:40 pm »

Nor me it will be a case of Blah blah blah, can someone ask him how much of the Chinese money he kept and how much of it paid down the club debt?

So of course conjecture - but what would be your view if he gives an assurance and a time line on completion of the East Stand - the more cynical of course will (1) doubt his word, and/or (2) revert to the point that the East Stand in whatever format is at best mediocre.

I'm pro nothing (apart from Lisa Nandy would make a far far better PM than the horribly vacant & incapable Liz Truss) - but my point is nothing KT does will satisfy those for whom the die is already cast.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblersToMePod

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #304 on: August 10, 2022, 19:45:52 pm »

This podcast seems to be one of KT's favourite platforms for getting things 'out there', which I find quite interesting. Does anyone know what their figures are with regards to numbers of listeners?
And will it be free for all Cobbler's fans to listen to, or will there be some sort of subscription model?

Disclalaimer: Not a dig at the podcast, as I know building an audience is a tough gig. I just assume this will be KT dropping in a general chat, because if he has something of importance to say then I'd expect him to target a larger audience.

Hi Jolly,

We've got a very lovely, high number of listeners and supporters.

The podcast version will be completely free, as is the recording of the event itself. There will also be a written report on the NTFC website most likely that will be shared through the club's social media channels.

It's being held at Sixfields in the 1897 Suite so anyone can come along and ask the questions that they want. In fact we'd prefer people to come with questions or all we'll have to ask are about favourite pizza toppings and water parks  Wink Grin

We're just hosting the night - saying hello and joining it all together. It would be great to have a full house of Cobblers fans asking any and all questions that they want to KT and co.

Hope that answers your question.

Charles

Report Spam   Logged

New podcasts released every Tuesday talking all things Northampton Town. Join in by sending your thoughts to podcast@cobblerstome.com or @CobblersToMe on Twitter.

Click here to listen.
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #305 on: August 10, 2022, 20:46:00 pm »

Why don't you ask him?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 10, 2022, 21:03:44 pm »

Why don't you ask him?
Serious question, do you think he would
a) even answer ?
b) tell the truth ?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #307 on: August 10, 2022, 22:22:34 pm »

So of course conjecture - but what would be your view if he gives an assurance and a time line on completion of the East Stand - the more cynical of course will (1) doubt his word, and/or (2) revert to the point that the East Stand in whatever format is at best mediocre.

I'm pro nothing (apart from Lisa Nandy would make a far far better PM than the horribly vacant & incapable Liz Truss) - but my point is nothing KT does will satisfy those for whom the die is already cast.
100% agree on Lisa Nandy everything else is open for scrutiny.
1..His word hasnt been set in stone these past 7 years, always using weak apologetic excuses for doing absolutely nothing.
He need not talk anymore, he has 22 acres in the bag.
2..We all know after such a long time, 7 years since he suggested and failed to finish the East stand, now the WNC are happy to give preference to CDNL to take the full 22 acres unconditionly, why would anyone still expect him to spend a penny on sixfields? He needs to cash in his good fortune and get gone. He played a blinder and needs to thank those ntfc fans who cant help being staunchly loyal to short term chairmen for befriending him, for if it wasn't for them, NTFC would still have some future enabling land to work with.

Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #308 on: August 11, 2022, 05:31:11 am »

100% agree on Lisa Nandy everything else is open for scrutiny.
1..His word hasnt been set in stone these past 7 years, always using weak apologetic excuses for doing absolutely nothing.
He need not talk anymore, he has 22 acres in the bag.
2..We all know after such a long time, 7 years since he suggested and failed to finish the East stand, now the WNC are happy to give preference to CDNL to take the full 22 acres unconditionly, why would anyone still expect him to spend a penny on sixfields? He needs to cash in his good fortune and get gone. He played a blinder and needs to thank those ntfc fans who cant help being staunchly loyal to short term chairmen for befriending him, for if it wasn't for them, NTFC would still have some future enabling land to work with.

There’s a strong rumour he thinks of you as his greatest asset amongst the fan base. You should go, he may want to thank you personally.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #309 on: August 11, 2022, 10:37:40 am »

There’s a strong rumour he thinks of you as his greatest asset amongst the fan base. You should go, he may want to thank you personally.

You should apologize immediately for this statement. Tel will be livid! I'm not saying he's the jealous type, but he'll probably hand you a ban. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #310 on: August 11, 2022, 11:23:10 am »

a) even answer ?
b) tell the truth ?

I don't expect the answer will be much beyond it's a private business transaction.  The point I was making that whenever these forums take place people ask if someone else will ask a question for them,, very few are prepared to ask questions in public
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 11, 2022, 12:19:42 pm »

I don't expect the answer will be much beyond it's a private business transaction.  The point I was making that whenever these forums take place people ask if someone else will ask a question for them,, very few are prepared to ask questions in public
I’ve got a real problem with a private business transaction excuse because the club takes public money ( in more ways than one) and relies on goodwill from its customers to survive..
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 11, 2022, 13:12:41 pm »

You should apologize immediately for this statement. Tel will be livid! I'm not saying he's the jealous type, but he'll probably hand you a ban. Grin
Sorry Tel.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #313 on: August 11, 2022, 13:17:03 pm »

I’ve got a real problem with a private business transaction excuse because the club takes public money ( in more ways than one) and relies on goodwill from its customers to survive..

So you are not going to attend to ask the question and any follow on questions yourself?
Are you doing your hair that night?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 11, 2022, 13:19:34 pm »

a) even answer ?
b) tell the truth ?

Manny, assuming he would answer fully and honestly, what exactly are the questions you would ask him?
Report Spam   Logged

AYelvertoftCobbler

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Level 4 Linux User
« Reply #315 on: August 11, 2022, 13:45:22 pm »

It's been announced quite far ahead, September, maybe there will be some work started on East stand by then?
Or is there still something in the way.
I'm sorry I refuse to read the almost 2000 page thread for info on that, the arguing makes me too sad.
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #316 on: August 12, 2022, 06:18:44 am »

Manny, assuming he would answer fully and honestly, what exactly are the questions you would ask him?

Or going to ask, in person, at this open forum?
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #317 on: August 12, 2022, 19:41:50 pm »

Or going to ask, in person, at this open forum?
I asked him a question live on BBC Northampton, the question asked was in the absence of any infrastructure built at Sixfields, how come we have found ourselves £7,000,000 in debt to CDNL?
The question got Children in need £100, worth every penny listening to him count from 0 to £7,000,000, from the initial £300k take over costs to things then proving more expensive and despite having a 'turn over' over circa 3 million we suddenly arrive at the old familiar £7,000,000 millstone.

We need to collectively Stop asking questions of CNDL and assist them in their exit strategy.
Even to be East stand less, Land less but debt free we can steadily recover becoming a real community driven club after nearly 20 years at the hands of land hungry CDNL.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #318 on: August 14, 2022, 08:48:34 am »

There is only one question that needs to be asked "Will you give a written guarantee that you will complete the East Stand to an acceptable level" ? this would stop all the arguing amongst the fans. But I suspect a divided fan base is just what was wanted.  We don't want the "Yes there will be guarantee's in the deal" we want it ,in writing, that the Stand will be finished  !!
      If he refuses to do this, I think it becomes obvious that he won't do it. The council have opened the door for this by removing the "No Stand, no land" clause from the deal

In writing, "Will the East Stand be finished to an acceptable level ?"
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #319 on: August 14, 2022, 11:07:02 am »

There is only one question that needs to be asked "Will you give a written guarantee that you will complete the East Stand to an acceptable level" ? this would stop all the arguing amongst the fans. But I suspect a divided fan base is just what was wanted.  We don't want the "Yes there will be guarantee's in the deal" we want it ,in writing, that the Stand will be finished  !!
      If he refuses to do this, I think it becomes obvious that he won't do it. The council have opened the door for this by removing the "No Stand, no land" clause from the deal

In writing, "Will the East Stand be finished to an acceptable level ?"

Agreed, but not necessarily in writing because I'm not sure if he would agree to that having 'got away' without for so long.
Plus, who decides and determines what is 'an acceptable level?'
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: