The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 06:04:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Crewe Alexandra (a) March 2nd

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crewe Alexandra (a) March 2nd  (Read 8139 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2019, 17:43:06 pm »

Just not true is it! Why do you always try and put a downer on away games? Try it for once!

Yeah Clarkie pull your socks up.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2019, 20:18:17 pm »

The 1802 back is direct to Northampton, no changes...only 4 carriages though...will be cosy!
They are all direct back -if direct is an appropriate word!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2019, 13:09:28 pm »

After yesterday, decided to go with my wife and some friends to MK Lightning Ice Hockey instead. 10 mins from my front door, £18 tickets and you can have a drink during the game without being arrested.

On the subject of away days, my Dad and I love a good away trip having done numerous each season in the last 10 years or so. Trip down to Exeter in 15/16 being a particular highlight.

However this season we've done MK, Cambridge and will be doing Cheltenham but being season ticket holders, quite frankly both of us can think of better things to do with our time than spend even more of it watching NTFC right now.
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2019, 14:18:52 pm »

After yesterday, decided to go with my wife and some friends to MK Lightning Ice Hockey instead. 10 mins from my front door, £18 tickets and you can have a drink during the game without being arrested.

On the subject of away days, my Dad and I love a good away trip having done numerous each season in the last 10 years or so. Trip down to Exeter in 15/16 being a particular highlight.

However this season we've done MK, Cambridge and will be doing Cheltenham but being season ticket holders, quite frankly both of us can think of better things to do with our time than spend even more of it watching NTFC right now.

Cool story Bro
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2019, 21:16:15 pm »

Anyone making a long day or weekend of it should visit the village of Tarporley about 10 miles from Crewe, and have a couple of decent Robinson's ales in The Rising Sun. Recently refurbished pub that also does excellent food. Also the Swan Hotel keeps some good local ales. My father-in-law still lives in the village. Try it, you'll like it.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2019, 18:33:22 pm »

Anyone making a long day or weekend of it should visit the village of Tarporley about 10 miles from Crewe, and have a couple of decent Robinson's ales in The Rising Sun. Recently refurbished pub that also does excellent food. Also the Swan Hotel keeps some good local ales. My father-in-law still lives in the village. Try it, you'll like it.
Certainly a long day (leaving Oxford at 7.30am) but making a 'weekend' of Crewe away is pushing it a bit!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3245

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2019, 19:43:51 pm »

Lick the "IceCreamStand".....  !!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2019, 13:58:57 pm »

How did the ice skating go - was this a match or exhibition?

Ps  you missed a fine win Sat
Report Spam   Logged

clarkeysntfc

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2019, 15:40:09 pm »

Saturday I went for a nice long walk with my OH on Dunstable Downs, great day in nice weather.

Ice Hockey is this Saturday - keep up.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2019, 16:15:02 pm »

Can’t wait for another instalment of “ territorial advantage” , “ percentage ball” , “ if you are going to clear it , clear it long” , “ ball into the right areas “ and “ nullifying the opposition”.
Let’s hope Crewe make the mistakes that Stevenage did for our two goals on Saturday ( no disrespect to Williams who did brilliantly and Powell for his first goal , but both were howlers by the opposition ).
This football is just about bearable away from home but it’s not what I would give up a lot of things on Saturday to watch .
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2019, 17:40:48 pm »

........................................ - keep up.  Grin

too late Grin
Report Spam   Logged

clarkeysntfc

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2019, 08:21:59 am »

Can’t wait for another instalment of “ territorial advantage” , “ percentage ball” , “ if you are going to clear it , clear it long” , “ ball into the right areas “ and “ nullifying the opposition”.
Let’s hope Crewe make the mistakes that Stevenage did for our two goals on Saturday ( no disrespect to Williams who did brilliantly and Powell for his first goal , but both were howlers by the opposition ).
This football is just about bearable away from home but it’s not what I would give up a lot of things on Saturday to watch .

Curle is part of the Warnock school of football - so I don't think it will be getting any better.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2019, 08:26:11 am »

Curle is part of the Warnock school of football - so I don't think it will be getting any better.
Exactly.
The problem with that is that it has to be successful otherwise the enjoyment is nil .
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2019, 08:34:19 am »

I thought that some Carlisle supporters came on here a while back to say that Curle’s style was to be involved in high scoring matches - 5-4’s, 3-3’s etc? I just assumed that the pragmatic approach was to get us through to the end of the season with our league place intact and then there would be a reassessment in the summer?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2019, 09:40:39 am »

I thought that some Carlisle supporters came on here a while back to say that Curle’s style was to be involved in high scoring matches - 5-4’s, 3-3’s etc? I just assumed that the pragmatic approach was to get us through to the end of the season with our league place intact and then there would be a reassessment in the summer?
I do get that Curle is currently getting us through to the end of the season but I don’t accept everything will automatically be ok after the summer .
We have heard it so many times before and then the manager can’t get players to come here or they are not as good as everyone thought they were going to be and it fails .
For me , he has had enough chance to get the building blocks in place now and hasn’t convinced me that he is moving forward with any conviction . It can’t all be left until next season to sort out .
All the other teams that went down are doing better than we are .
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2019, 10:03:18 am »

Out early, returning at 18:02 from Crewe for £15. Try trainsplit if trainline isn’t showing the same prices.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2019, 10:05:25 am »

I do get that Curle is currently getting us through to the end of the season but I don’t accept everything will automatically be ok after the summer .
We have heard it so many times before and then the manager can’t get players to come here or they are not as good as everyone thought they were going to be and it fails .
For me , he has had enough chance to get the building blocks in place now and hasn’t convinced me that he is moving forward with any conviction . It can’t all be left until next season to sort out .
All the other teams that went down are doing better than we are .

I must admit that the recruitment side of things does concern me a bit especially with KT and DB wanting to leave (despite KT’s reassurances that financial backing remains in place until a buyer emerges). I just hope that KC and Simon Tracey have some aces up theirs sleeves as the market place is going to be incredibly competitive in the summer. With their strong links with Carlisle you would assume that the likes of Hope and Devitt might feature highly on the wanted list. Either way with KC contracted for another season we’ve got no option but to hope for the best.
Report Spam   Logged
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2019, 13:54:51 pm »

Out early, returning at 18:02 from Crewe for £15. Try trainsplit if trainline isn’t showing the same prices.
Never use trainline with their commission. Use any UK rail company you will see the same fares without the commission. The same booking engine is used across the board.
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2019, 14:23:07 pm »

Never use trainline with their commission. Use any UK rail company you will see the same fares without the commission. The same booking engine is used across the board.

I used Trainline a week last Saturday and they didn't charge a booking fee.  They used to but that was the first time without, have they removed it?
The ticket was the same price as on National Rail.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2019, 15:44:39 pm »

Yep, paying 25p and simply touching a button and there's your tkt on the phone is a scandalous rate...up there with Wonga!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 15:47:14 pm by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: