The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 08:44:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Crawley Town (h) 16th February

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crawley Town (h) 16th February  (Read 7637 times)
guest3063

Badges: (View All)
« on: February 14, 2019, 14:41:56 pm »

Up next Crawley Town 3pm kick-off. The Saints are also at home with a 2pm kick-off, so traffic will be busy around the Sixfields area and parking more of a nightmare than normal.

Ollie Palmer and Aaron Pierre will reacquaint themselves with each other after the feisty game before Christmas when Palmer saw red.

Same again for Cobblers?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 16:02:27 pm »

Easier game so we'll probably lose it  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest2995

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 16:11:23 pm »

Where will the goals come from ?
We can’t play Hoskins on his own up front for this one surely
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 21:48:08 pm »

I'd imagine we'll see a starting place for Morias but with whom? No Sordell and Andy Williams seems out of favour and I can't see a Hoskins/Morias partnership. We should be good enough to beat these though, but I do always wonder where the goals will come from, however we have scored in 21 of our last 22 games interestingly.
Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 06:00:05 am »

Are we forgetting our top scorer - Captain Courageous, Aaron Pierre?
I reckon it will be Super Sam up front on his todd. This is not agame Mr C can afford to lose, whereas a draw wouldn’t be the end of the world.
As has been said, the problem with one up front is that we have very few attacking minded midfielders!?
The new Powell is supposed to have lots of tricks up his sleeve - maybe his time to shine?
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 06:32:04 am »

I don’t think I would view a point as a good result to be honest! I agree that Andy Williams seems to have been frozen out for some reason and morias not much better so by process of elimination and with Sordell injured it would seem likely that it will be Hoskins on his own. We will have to make sure that Hoskins is supported by the midfield - I’m guessing that jjot might play in the old false 9 position that he has before, I’ve got to say that I don’t particularly like him there as it it round pegs into square holes but there you go.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 07:33:51 am »

Rare that I take this view (as a fan) but Id rather we 'don't lose' at the minute than go all out to win. Which with our defensively fragile team seems to happen more often than not.

We simply do not have the personnel to adapt an expansive game which will end well, more often than not. We've no wingers, no '20 goal a season striker' and no midfielders with many goals in them.

Im going to take the view of DEFENDER. AS HE WOULD SAY, LETS KEEP A CLEAN SHEET!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 09:29:01 am »

Rare that I take this view (as a fan) but Id rather we 'don't lose' at the minute than go all out to win. Which with our defensively fragile team seems to happen more often than not.

We simply do not have the personnel to adapt an expansive game which will end well, more often than not. We've no wingers, no '20 goal a season striker' and no midfielders with many goals in them.

Im going to take the view of DEFENDER. AS HE WOULD SAY, LETS KEEP A CLEAN SHEET!
Opposite for me personally!
Our season is over - we ain't going down!
Despite going to most games home and away, I haven't seen the Cobblers lose at home since - guess when? Yes, Lincoln, first day of the season!
However, I can barely remember dancing up the hill out of Sixfields either!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2019, 09:33:39 am »

Are we forgetting our top scorer - Captain Courageous, Aaron Pierre?
I reckon it will be Super Sam up front on his todd. This is not agame Mr C can afford to lose, whereas a draw wouldn’t be the end of the world.
As has been said, the problem with one up front is that we have very few attacking minded midfielders!?
The new Powell is supposed to have lots of tricks up his sleeve - maybe his time to shine?

I'd rather have our actual top scorer Andy Williams up front with Hoskins. Who had scored 7 in 10 league games before he was messed around in and out of the line up by Curle.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 09:44:20 am »

i'd rather we try to win our home games and have a go at the opposition - if we win half and lose half until the end of season it's better than drawing them all.

i dont want anything similar to the JFH reign ever again where we sat back every home game trying to cling on and ended up with no entertainment and no points.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2019, 10:11:55 am »

I agree that we need to be solid and more defensively disciplined, but it strikes me as overkill if we were to go with Goode, Pierre and Taylor as cbs with facey and buchs as pretty defensive wingbacks and then Turnbull and McWilliams as sitting midfielders in a home game with Crawley.
Report Spam   Logged
BMON

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2019, 10:45:29 am »

It's an interesting selection puzzle on Saturday .
Hoskins is the automatic, in theory but will he last a whole game up front on his own ?
I think you have to play a straight two at the top if Williams plays and so that will either be Hoskins or Morias , both of which have been preferred wide .
The shortcomings of the transfer window are showing through now because Sordell, is out , O'Toole's fitness is questionable at best and Bowditch is not considered a striker any more !
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2019, 13:25:38 pm »

If we lose this we wont go up..
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
guest2995

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2019, 16:08:15 pm »

I agree that we need to be solid and more defensively disciplined, but it strikes me as overkill if we were to go with Goode, Pierre and Taylor as cbs with facey and buchs as pretty defensive wingbacks and then Turnbull and McWilliams as sitting midfielders in a home game with Crawley.
I think if does as you describe from the start , he deserves criticism . That’s far too defensive at home against a weak side .
I can’t inderstand why Williams isn’t a first choice alongside Hoskins . Bridge then plays behind them both .
I’m not sure where that leaves the new loan players in midfield because JJOT , McWilliams and Turnbull fill the midfield .
I would then play 4 at the back , dropping Taylor or Goode.
I’m not at all certain Buchs will be fit after last week though , which means Bridge at left back in that case I assume .
Morias should be on the bench in my view and Daniel Powell putting the cones out .
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2019, 16:27:53 pm »

Interestingly , the Chron are not predicting Hoskins starts .
I wonder if they know something we don’t !
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2019, 17:17:26 pm »

Crawley allocated 170  Shocked tickets for tomorrows game, and they haven't sold them all (as of 12th Feb). 
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2019, 06:36:17 am »

Crawley allocated 170  Shocked tickets for tomorrows game, and they haven't sold them all (as of 12th Feb). 

Another ex non-league club with poor support which is what you get in League Two these days which damages our income and and it's not a fixture to get the juices flowing.
Interesting that we have scored the most goals from corners for any League Two side this season, 10 in all. That stat surprised me. I never saw that as one of our strong points, certainly not seeing us as a set piece side like the old Ian Atkins teams.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2019, 10:53:36 am »

Interesting that we have scored the most goals from corners for any League Two side this season, 10 in all. That stat surprised me. I never saw that as one of our strong points, certainly not seeing us as a set piece side like the old Ian Atkins teams.
Are you sure you're not including the opposition goals when they break from our corner and we have only left one back !!
 Seriously, I'm struggling to think of any goals we have scored from corners, did these figures come from the same place that had Sammy as the best striker in League 2.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2019, 11:53:07 am »

I can recall loads of goals we've scored from corners! Especially short corners...which we've always been utterly useless at. KC has certainly improved us when it comes from set pieces, that cannot be disputed. I cant remember seeing us look so strong from them, even when we won the league. Im not including direct freekicks/clever routines aka Wilder/Knill.

Strangely though, we look crap at defending them. Which is hard to explain, so that must be down to our zonal marking.

As for todays game, cant say Im enthusiastic about it. 16th v 17th is hardly mouth watering. Preferring the away games at the minute, at least its a day out!
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2019, 13:06:50 pm »

These injuries are killing us - now Turnbull is out and he’s a key man for us. God knows how we’re going to line up but I hope Hoskins on his own up front works.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: