The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:44:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Season Tickets 2019/2020

Poll
Question: Will you renew your season ticket next season?
Yes - 26 (55.3%)
No - 21 (44.7%)
Total Voters: 44

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Season Tickets 2019/2020  (Read 2557 times)
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2019, 08:45:09 am »

I'll be renewing, I always do.

I don't think even a season ticket boycott would produce the results that those suggesting it want, instead you will just get more players sold off and not replaced, more cuts (if possible) and another season (if not worse) than what this one is turning into.

Only decision I have is if I move from my current seat on the halfway line in the East to the North or West for hope of a better atmosphere.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2019, 08:56:22 am »

The current situation is a bit like addiction (hear me out) - surely the first step has to be accepting/acknowledging that there is a problem - the issue is that as far as I can tell none of the powers that be at the club seem to think there is much wrong which presents a bit of a barrier to any possibility of change. For those advocating fan ownership does anyone know how much KT/DB are asking for - surely this is the crux of the issue? Even if fan ownership was a goer we’d then be looking at money to pay KC off, money for recruitment etc on top of the purchase of the club.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2019, 09:09:08 am »

Renew if you want, or don’t if you don’t want to. I think there are reasons for both decisions depending on ones circumstances.

But to have a pop at people who aren’t doing the same as you is ridiculous.

What contract did Curle sign???

Curle has another season after this one.
Report Spam   Logged
Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2019, 11:38:37 am »

For a lot of people, a Saturday afternoon at the football isn't just about the Entertainment value (although it does help of course). Most of us have busy lives and I for one appreciate a Saturday afternoon as a time out, and a reason to see friends and family.
Also, much like refusing to leave a game until the very end of the game, you have no idea what you might miss! Imagine if we have another 2015-16 season... unlikely, but no more than it was at this point of the 2014-15 season.

I will therefore be renewing.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2019, 12:48:37 pm »

Oh I definitely agree that Saturday's are about far more than just football. That for me is why away days are so much more enjoyable. We get to the majority of them and make a full day of it. It is very difficult to generate that enthusiasm to go to Sixfields as it is soul destroying these days.

Keep voting if you haven't as yet. It's an interesting split at the moment.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
guest2995

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2019, 13:24:21 pm »

Oh I definitely agree that Saturday's are about far more than just football. That for me is why away days are so much more enjoyable. We get to the majority of them and make a full day of it. It is very difficult to generate that enthusiasm to go to Sixfields as it is soul destroying these days.

Keep voting if you haven't as yet. It's an interesting split at the moment.
I agree with away days being more enjoyable .
I shall definitely go to Stevenage on Saturday . If we were playing them at home I probably wouldn’t bother .
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2019, 13:34:30 pm »

As a footnote Boot and Shoe, nice to see Stevenage dont have that pathetic extra charge if you  pay on the day, only ever done for the sole reason of ripping off away fans.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest2995

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2019, 13:49:54 pm »

As a footnote Boot and Shoe, nice to see Stevenage dont have that pathetic extra charge if you  pay on the day, only ever done for the sole reason of ripping off away fans.

Indeed . Not surprised as it’s one of the worst away ends in the league !
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2019, 14:00:41 pm »

Dont think its much worse than the away end at Sixfields to be fair, only you have to pay extra on match day at NTFC
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2019, 16:18:05 pm »

Ridiculous question. I'm a Cobblers supporter. Of course I will be renewing.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2019, 16:42:06 pm »

Another manager who is to be polite, not setting the world alight. How many more will we get through before everyone realises that the issues may lie deeper in the club itself? We are a failing club long term. If we, as a fanbase can admit that and say right, we're going to collectively do something about then there can be a sea-change for the better. The idea that we are "born to suffer" is nonsense and conditioning that has come mainly through short-term thinking and mismanagement at the club.

The fans have been steadfast and loyal throughout and got next to nothing back in return.

The displays against Tranmere and Lincoln? Those who went to Tranmere were quite complimenary about the performance. Did you miss those games?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2019, 18:11:11 pm »

I did not have a ST this year as I knew I faced a major operation. Perhaps even more than the money saved, I have noticed how happier I am on weekends after a bad result. I can't see e buying again unless something fundamental changes at the club in a positive way.

I or they?  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: