The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:27:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Newport County (h) 12th March

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newport County (h) 12th March  (Read 6749 times)
guest3063

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2019, 16:06:50 pm »

Absolutely spot on. The conditions were challenging. The pitch was sodden. Two sides that cancelled each other out. Far too many MOTD lovers on here. 

Nightmare of a game to play in. Anyone who has played at a reasonable level will know that games like that, in those conditions, are where you earn your crust. I can just imagine how much credit Curle and the lads would have got if we'd played a blinder and lost. I'm beginning to wonder if there is anything the club can do right these days with some of you. We lose and they get destroyed. We win and they get picked to pieces. 

Fcuk the moaners. Well done lads, on grabbing a result on the night.

Well said. Some people will never be satisfied unfortunately.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2019, 16:18:26 pm »

Andy Williams was exhausted, as he was on Saturday after coming on as sub and his substitution didn't surprise me at all. Why there is a need for boos from the stands I just don't know. Keith Curle is doing a great job, keep it up Keith.
Report Spam   Logged
Charlatan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2019, 16:19:53 pm »

Absolutely spot on. The conditions were challenging. The pitch was sodden. Two sides that cancelled each other out. Far too many MOTD lovers on here. 

Nightmare of a game to play in. Anyone who has played at a reasonable level will know that games like that, in those conditions, are where you earn your crust. I can just imagine how much credit Curle and the lads would have got if we'd played a blinder and lost. I'm beginning to wonder if there is anything the club can do right these days with some of you. We lose and they get destroyed. We win and they get picked to pieces. 

Bang on. They beat Leicester, Middlesbrough we win a game in  appalling conditions with a wonder goal and the f***ers still moan! People forget we were 3rd from bottom when KC took over and the club on & off the pitch was at a very low ebb. We're now 11th so at least one thing has improved. Wise up people for f***s sake!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2019, 18:02:08 pm »

I don't disagree with any of the above. At one time during the game I had settled for a draw! There were IMO some disappointing performances from one or two players(inspite of prevailing conditions)  but the end result sent most of us home happy.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
canvey cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2019, 19:24:09 pm »

I just don't get the negativity. Kc has been doing a steady job since he came in and has had a good look at all the players in various positions. He now seems happy with a team and system that is getting results. He Will put his own stamp on it in the summer. Even man Utd under sir Alex Ferguson had nights when they didn't play well but ground out results, just like last night.lets stop  the moaning get behind the team and manager and try and get into the playoffs .
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2019, 20:51:26 pm »

I don't know what sport I was watching last night, but it had little resemblance to football. It's bad enough watching Cobblers play hoof-ball but when the opposition were at it as well it made for an unedifying spectacle. When they weren't engaged in head tennis it seemed to me they were having a competition among themselves to see who could kick the ball highest into the air. This was not so much as like watching schoolboy football as watching Sunday morning kick around with your pub mates. I'm not sure how someone like Joe Powell is going to learn much coming here, this must be like being on a different planet having been brought up to play football the West Ham way. It like someone spending years learning to play the violin and then being seconded to another orchestra and being told to play percussion.

As for the game itself there was little of note to mention. Daniel Powell certainly should have done better when put through by JJOT, and Andy Williams fashioned a couple of decent efforts from abysmal service. And then when sitting back into a 4-5-1 formation, KC takes off the 1 and replaces him with another midfielder. At least the second substitution that eventually broke the deadlock was like for like with Joe Powell a more natural No 10 than JJOT whose legs seemed to have deserted him. So one piece of sublime skill settled a drab match that Cobblers hardly deserved to win.

Lets hope that now the relegation threat is over we could resort to playing the sort of football that people might be inclined to pay to watch.
how come we used to sell put quite often under atkins when playing pretty boring football?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
sixfields starling

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2019, 22:34:01 pm »

It wasn't the best game last night, far from it, but we won and the dream of the play offs continues. I went straight into the offices to get tickets for the next 2 away games, because quite simply , at the moment i have a smile on my face and am enjoying the winning feeling again , long may it continue. How people can moan constantly at the moment, is beyond me, yes i have questioned KC, especially his substitutions, but the man deserves great credit to get us where we are now, we are in league 2 and you are not going to see Man City type football every week, if ever. A win is a win and you still only get 3 points if you win with passing football or hoof ball, yes i would prefer , free flowing , passing football, but we are going in the right direction at long last  and really, everybody should be happy with that.     
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2019, 09:56:07 am »

Pretty sure that no one is moaning about the fact that we won - it is what we all want.

It was just a poor old spectacle in terms of footballing terms.

Had it finished 0-0 then we would have all had a sulk on.

As it is, we won, doesn't matter about anything else.

See you at Wembley.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2019, 10:06:24 am »

It feels a little like the Boothroyd season, where we won most games by a goal to get into the play-offs without playing overly well.

I'm saying that as someone who actually enjoyed that season a fair bit, and thinks the Wembley fiasco tainted everyone's view of the season up until that point.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2019, 10:28:51 am »

Pretty sure that no one is moaning about the fact that we won - it is what we all want.
See you at Wembley.

Not sure if that is correct for example Lefty Jones gave me the direct impression that he thought otherwise.

Report Spam   Logged

wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2019, 10:29:53 am »

It feels a little like the Boothroyd season, where we won most games by a goal to get into the play-offs without playing overly well.

I'm saying that as someone who actually enjoyed that season a fair bit, and thinks the Wembley fiasco tainted everyone's view of the season up until that point.

Sssshhhh! That season never happened!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
defender

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2019, 14:29:25 pm »

A VERY GOOD WIN THIS. WE ARE ON THE MARCH AGAIN.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2019, 16:38:57 pm »

ARE YOU SURE?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2019, 16:56:51 pm »

ARE YOU SURE?

You were not there Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Baldy

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Combination
« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2019, 18:20:41 pm »

Well played defender.
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2019, 20:20:52 pm »

It was a great game of football, we gained 3 points...
            VERY GOOD. CLEAN SHEET, 3 POINTS. COME ON COBBLERS!
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2019, 22:09:58 pm »

Well played defender.
hes's the greatest..
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: