The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 19:59:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Cheltenham Town (A) 23.03.19

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheltenham Town (A) 23.03.19  (Read 8328 times)
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2019, 20:11:03 pm »

I dithered about going until 11am this morning so only left my house in Rushden at 10 past 12. My lad was nagging me to go which turned it  Grin

As always, a lovely day out with my 9 year old who for some reason loves watching us play. I've brought him up well. But even he said 'Daddy, lets go home now' with 10 left to go. We duly did!

It was bloody awful. As bad as Mansfield, and 4 or 5-0 would have been about right...against a really poor team.

The young kid (29), I cant bring myself to name him. What the hell was that all about? Did he win a competition to play for us?! He reminded me of myself playing football!  Grin

Outfield play wise, only Foley turned up. Cornell had a superb match and anyone who votes another player as man of the match, I question their agenda. I cant even contemplate another player, they were all sh1te. But in particular the kid who obviously won a competition.

We now have 7 left to play, zero to play for. Time to forget about Powell (Daniel), forget about Bowdith (I didn't see his goal but there is absolutely no way he can surely get another contract), forget about the loan players who will definitely not sign for us (whichever ones they are) and think 'next season'. I don't care about finishing in the top half, I care about using this unique opportunity to properly start working on next season. Our pre-season starts now. If next weeks team selection suggests that our agenda is short term thinking, I wont bother with Notts County.

KC has done what he was brought in to do, and has done an excellent job in doing so. But now its time for him to turn to page2 of his book. I want to see a Cobblers team next week of players (only) who are likely to be here next season. That is all I ask.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2019, 20:28:38 pm »

Heard also today from someone at the club that Villa had enquired about Pierre, so next to no chance he will be here next year if not to villa somewhere higher.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 21:09:19 pm by Glastonbury Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2019, 21:10:13 pm »

Heard also today from someone at the club the Villa had enquired about Pierre, so next to no chance he will be here next year if not to villa somewhere higher.

If we had won today and convincingly you would have not showed yr face today🦠
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2019, 21:21:16 pm »

Heard also today from someone at the club that Villa had enquired about Pierre, so next to no chance he will be here next year if not to villa somewhere higher.
Higher than Villa?
I rate the lad, but hes not that good. And you talk a load of sh!t. And you know it.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
BMON

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2019, 21:27:06 pm »

Went on the coach with the window lickers,today
The trust should have a bit  more 'inflight entertainment' but the people on the trip were enough to be honest,

Having read the dire opinions on here regarding current performances I thought the Cobbs did ok today - Hughes was ok( but he is a young lad and will get better) the team was only there for the last 30 mins but defence was hardly over stretched. Goalie had an easy time.And theres me thinking that our lot were fickle, and up pops this little ray of sunshine.

Everyone seems cheerful today!
Yes, it was bad today but we had absolutely nothing to play for (most were on the beach), whereas they had everything to play for.
Unfortunately, it doesn't excuse it but it's a fact plus some players won't be here next season all added into the mix.

Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2019, 21:34:55 pm »

The trust should have a bit  more 'inflight entertainment' but the people on the trip were enough to be honest,

Having read the dire opinions on here regarding current performances I thought the Cobbs did ok today - Hughes was ok( but he is a young lad and will get better) the team was only there for the last 30 mins but defence was hardly over stretched. Goalie had an easy time.And theres me thinking that our lot were fickle, and up pops this little ray of sunshine.

Yes, it was bad today but we had absolutely nothing to play for (most were on the beach), whereas they had everything to play for.
Unfortunately, it doesn't excuse it but it's a fact plus some players won't be here next season all added into the mix.

Hello Neil.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest2677

« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2019, 21:38:51 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
BMON

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2019, 21:39:11 pm »

Hello Neil.

Hi
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2019, 22:08:36 pm »

Hi

Well Neil your report doesn’t quite ring true? The Cobblers were ok? Even I a diehard thought it was poor; then you contradict yourself! I was on the same coach as you! Where did you sit?
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2019, 22:24:04 pm »

?  8.90 is that a mark or time? Just curious  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2019, 22:28:01 pm »

Few thoughts from me tonight. The song for Sam Foley about him never giving the ball away is laughable. I counted him giving the ball away 16 times in the first half. One time resulting in the first goal. Considering his contract runs out in the summer, he didn't even jog back to try and win the ball back. I hope he doesn't get offered a new deal.
The second goal was a dreadful header from.Goode. I felt for Hughes as be clearly isn't ready yet for First Team football, but he couldn't do anything about the pen at all.
Their third goal was the cherry on the top. I'm not sure I've ever seen us allow someone to score an unchallenged free header from two yards directly from a corner, but fair play for managing that today. The three goals were all completely avoidable and that is very frustrating. They were however entirely deserved as Cheltenham were very worthy winners. We now effectively have 7 meaningless games. Fingers crossed some of the people who performed so badly today do not feature again.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
guest2677

« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2019, 23:14:03 pm »

First goal a mistake by Foley, but Taylor failed to cut the cross ball out when he should have done.
Second a woeful header by Goode straight to their striker.
Season over?
Few thoughts from me tonight. The song for Sam Foley about him never giving the ball away is laughable. I counted him giving the ball away 16 times in the first half. One time resulting in the first goal. Considering his contract runs out in the summer, he didn't even jog back to try and win the ball back. I hope he doesn't get offered a new deal.
The second goal was a dreadful header from.Goode. I felt for Hughes as be clearly isn't ready yet for First Team football, but he couldn't do anything about the pen at all.
Their third goal was the cherry on the top. I'm not sure I've ever seen us allow someone to score an unchallenged free header from two yards directly from a corner, but fair play for managing that today. The three goals were all completely avoidable and that is very frustrating. They were however entirely deserved as Cheltenham were very worthy winners. We now effectively have 7 meaningless games. Fingers crossed some of the people who performed so badly today do not feature again.
Third goal was only a matter of time. The corner they had first half with four or five surrounding Cornell and not a defender anywhere near due to zonal defending should have been the clue.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2019, 23:16:57 pm »

?  8.90 is that a mark or time? Just curious  Smiley
A mark in sand made by Bob back in 68  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2019, 23:17:50 pm »

Cheltenham are no mugs at home... unfortunately, see a 1-3 defeat and the first double of the season against us! Love getting predictions wrong though! 

Now we've got rid of the two or three twats who never actually go to games...
Love to be wrong...too often correct!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 23:20:14 pm by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2019, 09:21:51 am »

If we had won today and convincingly you would have not showed yr face today🦠

Of course I would but we didn't and never were going to with that selection
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2019, 09:23:22 am »

Higher than Villa?
I rate the lad, but hes not that good. And you talk a load of sh!t. And you know it.

No higher than us.
Report Spam   Logged
BMON

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2019, 09:56:05 am »

asinus
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2019, 11:40:17 am »

Now we've got rid of the two or three twats who never actually go to games...
Love to be wrong...too often correct!

Did recall this prediction haha. Sad that you were correct. Great day out though bud. Same again in 2 weeks  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Athena

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #118 on: March 24, 2019, 12:38:30 pm »

So what did we learn at Cheltenham? 1) Hughes is no replacement for Pierre: 2) We have no adequate replacement for Turnbull: 3) Anyone with a bit of pace or power is too good for Ash to handle: 4) Hoskins is getting money under the false pretence that he is a professional football player. 5) JJOT feels they have done enough for this season and are not bothered about playoffs 6) A great number of the others agree with JJOT. 7) Waters cares not a jot about the Cobblers. He sat close to me and was up and out of his seat for all 3 goals - mind you his lady is a real babe. Cool We will struggle for the rest of the season..... Oh and yes 9) the ref was worse than we even knew beforehand. The bloke has serious problems.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 24, 2019, 12:45:40 pm »

A disappointing result really brings on the critics; last week was quiet , now this week already upto 6 pages!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: