The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 05:34:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Notts Ceynty (a) 6/4/2019

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Notts Ceynty (a) 6/4/2019  (Read 6201 times)
guest3063

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2019, 18:43:06 pm »

With some justification !
Although to be fair , I didn’t mind JED and Dean Austin but both had to go .
Curle plays the worst football of the lot in an easier league and speaks utter tripe .

Don't listen to him speak then, in fact you have a choice about watching his football aswell. He's achieved his objective in keeping us up. Let's see how he plays next season, at previous clubs he has played decent football.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2019, 18:59:02 pm »

Back in Wellingborough after watching a better performance but not good, in front of an exellent following of nearly one thousand. Bowditch was the best footballer and Daniel Powell had more influence.

BUT we are nowhere near good enough and require more than half of the squad to be released and others try and move them on!

Were you the guy who came storming out of the stands shouting Bowditch best player on the the pitch. Agreed with you tho’   Cool
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2019, 19:03:55 pm »

Why a patronising snipe like that?  Generally you r there?
I have not been to a game this season. This is due to my mothers health, and the fact that I work in London. I cannot combine the two.
However, this does not mean that I am not entitled to an opinion, weather or not I was present.
It has taken over six months to sell my mothers house, in order to pay for her future healthcare. Now that this Is all over, I will be back next year. And I cannot wait.
And by the way, that was not a "patronising snipe". I can do far better than that.

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2019, 19:25:05 pm »

We were better today but really disappointed (putting it mildly) that we were not able to take all three points. Re substitutions KC did the opposite of last week. Bowditch did well when he came on, but why did Morias not come on rather than Sordell.

Report Spam   Logged
Cobblersmad

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2019, 19:26:54 pm »

I thought Bowditch was the best player in the pitch. He is very frustrating to see at times because I think he does genuinely have a bit more talent on the ball then what we've seen so far. Playing behind the striker where he can pick the ball up and spread the play might bring more consistency from him.

As for the game, they have three efforts in the game, with one being a sweet volley. Cornell didn't have anything to do apart from pick the ball out the net. Second half their sub keeper really earnt his wage this week, it is just one of those times the ball just wouldn't go in. Performance wise it was 100% better than last week. Elsnik was a surprising choice for rm but did quite cutting in. A poor lapse of concentration at the back for their 2nd goal, but overall I feel there was a lot of pluses today.

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2019, 22:04:24 pm »

I have not been to a game this season. This is due to my mothers health, and the fact that I work in London. I cannot combine the two.
However, this does not mean that I am not entitled to an opinion, weather or not I was present.
It has taken over six months to sell my mothers house, in order to pay for her future healthcare. Now that this Is all over, I will be back next year. And I cannot wait.
And by the way, that was not a "patronising snipe". I can do far better than that.

Actually it was mistaken identity as for some reason I mixed you up with GPC who as you know is generally
there. So am sorry for that. Still think it was patronising comment all the same. So sorry again Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2019, 22:08:38 pm »

Probably Dully and Dan...

Grin Grin not guilty. But was my mate with another who didn’t share his views.

Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2019, 22:52:57 pm »

Thoughts on the football quickly.

The line up was poor. Won't bother going into that any further as it's been discussed enough.

Cornell was beaten far too easily for their first goal. He lets in far too many from range. I'll never agree with the views that he's good enough to be a first choice keeper.

Powell's goal was hilarious defending from them. I felt sure that we would go on to win the game after that
It was good to see Hoskins score. It was the first time I've actually seen him bag since Shrewsbury away in 2017.

Good to break that drought, but sadly couldn't break another. I've not seen an away win since Wimbledon last year. Truly did think that it was finally going to end today when we went 2-1 up, but managed to throw that away with some pathetic defending 2 minutes after.

Thought that it was two poor sides playing against each other and neither deserved to win the game. I do hope they stay up as Nottingham was excellent today.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
defender

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2019, 07:49:24 am »

AFTER TWO STRAIGHT DEFEATS, THIS WILL DO ME, BUT I DO THINK WE HAVE GOT TO BE BETTER IN DEFENCE.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #129 on: April 07, 2019, 09:22:39 am »

I think the ref, Ben Toner, is worth a special mention. Some farcical decisions, Goode's booking wasn't even a foul, the bloke went down as soon as Goode run along side him. Pierre's booking, the ref didn't think it was a foul waved play on, the lino who was no nearer than the ref, flags so he books Pierre. Hoskins booking, everyone could see that that Doyle was play acting, rolling around and then gets up and run's away as soon as Hoskins gets booked. What I will say, in the refs favour, is he wasn't biased, he was just crap for both teams !
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #130 on: April 07, 2019, 10:35:35 am »

Thoughts on the football quickly.

The line up was poor. Won't bother going into that any further as it's been discussed enough.

Cornell was beaten far too easily for their first goal. He lets in far too many from range. I'll never agree with the views that he's good enough to be a first choice keeper.

Powell's goal was hilarious defending from them. I felt sure that we would go on to win the game after that
It was good to see Hoskins score. It was the first time I've actually seen him bag since Shrewsbury away in 2017.

Good to break that drought, but sadly couldn't break another. I've not seen an away win since Wimbledon last year. Truly did think that it was finally going to end today when we went 2-1 up, but managed to throw that away with some pathetic defending 2 minutes after.

Thought that it was two poor sides playing against each other and neither deserved to win the game. I do hope they stay up as Nottingham was excellent today.

Watching it back last night - Yes Cornell was beaten far too easily and again from distance with the goal and you are spot on this happens far too often. As I've always said and in agreement Dan if we are happy to remain a bottom half table team then Dai is sufficient - If we want to kick on to more than that he will need replacing as number 1. Its small percentages but a good keeper will will gain you enough points over a season to make a real difference.

It's almost gone unspoken of on here - but what was Pierre doing for the 2nd? Totally let his man run off him and score easily. He has been fantastic this year, but was at fault for that one.
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #131 on: April 07, 2019, 11:09:23 am »

I thought Bowditch was the best player in the pitch. He is very frustrating to see at times because I think he does genuinely have a bit more talent on the ball then what we've seen so far. Playing behind the striker where he can pick the ball up and spread the play might bring more consistency from him.

As for the game, they have three efforts in the game, with one being a sweet volley. Cornell didn't have anything to do apart from pick the ball out the net. Second half their sub keeper really earnt his wage this week, it is just one of those times the ball just wouldn't go in. Performance wise it was 100% better than last week. Elsnik was a surprising choice for rm but did quite cutting in. A poor lapse of concentration at the back for their 2nd goal, but overall I feel there was a lot of pluses today.

Bowditch should be the link between the strikers and the the midfield without a doubt, played in a good MK side that made it to the championship,he can link play up very well. Just so happens since hes been with us he has been surrounded by footballers who cant even play basic triangles on the pitch, have no idea about movement off the ball or creating space for each other.

On the topic of Curle, there simply to case to answer for the football being anything other than boring and droll this season, however the main thing is we maintained league status, that is all I am bothered about after the start we had under Austin, who clearly tried his heart out but simply was not up to task.

Onto next season, Turnbull and Pierre to be the first to leave and a less than average recruitment policy and more rubbish football.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2019, 19:36:00 pm »

- but what was Pierre doing for the 2nd? Totally let his man run off him and score easily. He has been fantastic this year, but was at fault for that one.

Criticised in the Chron as well! Read the Chron Report its fairly accurate!! Taylor played better than Pierre overall! Chron also absolved Cornell from any blame for first goal. In this instance not so sure on that! Bloke in front of me was going ape on Cornell when he did a sliding tackle/clearance out of his area but never raged against Cornell  for their first goal. Several around me thought he had no chance but they are not goal keeper coaches/experts like some on here Roll Eyes . If you don't mind me saying you seem to have it in for Cornell and Curle what ever the situation.
Report Spam   Logged

pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2019, 05:09:14 am »

Never mind Brexit Anxiety I get THE anxiety when I look on here.
To be honest I am fed up with most of you.
i really enjoyed my day on Saturday from the coffee and cake before getting on the train, through the delve in Robbs records, the pre match beers, the match, the post match beers and burger and the train beers home.
As for the match, superb entertainment Controversy, goals, effort from both teams, frustration, a poor ref Cobblers in the ascendancy for most of the game.
I havent ben to many this season but every time I see Daniel Powell I see a top class player.
Caused problems all day for County, won a penalty and scored.
Last week I had a go at Dean Bowditch but didn't he look class when he came on?

And for the crybabys on here NO YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO AN OPINION ON A GAME IF YOU WERE NOT THERE OR DIDN'T SEE THE GAME ON PLAYER. SO HOW ABOUT YOU GIVE THE LAMBASTING OF CURLE A MISS UNLESS YOU DID?
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #134 on: April 08, 2019, 10:37:51 am »

Never mind Brexit Anxiety I get THE anxiety when I look on here.
To be honest I am fed up with most of you.
i really enjoyed my day on Saturday from the coffee and cake before getting on the train, through the delve in Robbs records, the pre match beers, the match, the post match beers and burger and the train beers home.
As for the match, superb entertainment Controversy, goals, effort from both teams, frustration, a poor ref Cobblers in the ascendancy for most of the game.
I havent ben to many this season but every time I see Daniel Powell I see a top class player.
Caused problems all day for County, won a penalty and scored.
Last week I had a go at Dean Bowditch but didn't he look class when he came on?

And for the crybabys on here NO YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO AN OPINION ON A GAME IF YOU WERE NOT THERE OR DIDN'T SEE THE GAME ON PLAYER. SO HOW ABOUT YOU GIVE THE LAMBASTING OF CURLE A MISS UNLESS YOU DID?

Good to hear that you had a good day out mate. But trust me, you've only seen Powell's good games, theres been plenty during the last 2 seasons where he's been a complete liability, ambling around doing sweet fa and appearing not to give a sh1t. A very talented player, but one whom only turns up 1 game in 5. He needs to be released, and so does Bowdith. The latter its been a case of wrong player wrong time, and he's been unfortunate not to have been given a run but we need a fresh start. Theres arguments to keep Buch and John Joe, but with Bowditch and Powell I cant see any reason why we'd offer them new terms. I've a horrible feeling though that KC might see it differently, given that he's playing them in dead rubber games (from our perspective). We shall see.
Report Spam   Logged
Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #135 on: April 08, 2019, 12:05:10 pm »

It seems to me that KC is playing a game of musical chairs. In which case pity the poor players who do not make the starting eleven in the final few games of the season. D.Powell and D.Bowditch are suddenly back in favour while JJOT and S.McWilliams are sitting it out.

When it comes to D.Powell and Bowditch, however well they played on Saturday, although considering we could only draw against a 10-man basement team it was hardly earth shattering, you have to wonder whether they have done enough over the last 2 years to warrant a new contract. They may be able to turn it one in one game when there is little at stake and their livelihood is threatened, but will they fight for the team when our backs are against the wall.

KC has publicly stated that he has already decided who will be around next year. In which case it makes no sense to pick players who are off especially now that we are safe from relegation. So when the music stops who is going to be out of a job?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #136 on: April 08, 2019, 14:03:07 pm »

It seems to me that KC is playing a game of musical chairs. In which case pity the poor players who do not make the starting eleven in the final few games of the season. D.Powell and D.Bowditch are suddenly back in favour while JJOT and S.McWilliams are sitting it out.

When it comes to D.Powell and Bowditch, however well they played on Saturday, although considering we could only draw against a 10-man basement team it was hardly earth shattering, you have to wonder whether they have done enough over the last 2 years to warrant a new contract. They may be able to turn it one in one game when there is little at stake and their livelihood is threatened, but will they fight for the team when our backs are against the wall.

KC has publicly stated that he has already decided who will be around next year. In which case it makes no sense to pick players who are off especially now that we are safe from relegation. So when the music stops who is going to be out of a job?
I think the players pretty much know who is staying and who is going , plus they will know if the terms offered are acceptable or not .
Hence the reason why some of the performances may have dipped.
There’s no way either Powell or Bowditch can be at this club next season. Both contribute very little and are exactly the sort of player we need to get shot of .
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2019, 14:07:04 pm »

There’s no way either Powell or Bowditch can be at this club next season. Both contribute very little and are exactly the sort of player we need to get shot of .

despite being the only 2 mentioned as MOM on saturday?!

although i get your point, my previous sentence only goes to show how piss poor everyone else was on saturday - and has been pretty much all season
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2019, 14:09:38 pm »

despite being the only 2 mentioned as MOM on saturday?!

although i get your point, my previous sentence only goes to show how **** poor everyone else was on saturday - and has been pretty much all season

Hardly shining lights though were they and even if they were , it’s no good performing once every 15 games
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2019, 14:12:39 pm »

http://www.smfserver.com/forums/thehotelend/index.php?topic=18212.100

I think that the match talk has been exhausted...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: