The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 14:02:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Mansfield on Saturday

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mansfield on Saturday  (Read 8159 times)
guest3245

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2019, 01:45:28 am »

Maybe I am lucky in the games that I watch.  But, I really do not get the bashing of the Cobblers players.

OK, some mistakes.  But, that is life.  Football is percentages.  You hope the oppo makes more mistakes than you.....

Some of you shelf-stackers need to have someone on your shoulder, pushing you to put the sardines in with the baked beans..... and then have the supermarket customers shout at you for being an incompetent fool ......  Then, maybe, just maybe, you will understand.

Curley-Cobblers has blooded more youth players than any previous manager.  Yet, people were calling him out for not bringing in youth.... bizarre.

People have called him out for not starting our leading scorer.  Yet, our leading scorer scores more (by minutes) starting from the bench.

If I could change anything over the summer, the order of priority is:

1). Get some fans on this board who know something about football.

2). Make the posters on this board take an IQ test.

3). Nothing else.

Given the financial state of the club, Curley-Cobblers is doing a brilliant job!  He is the new Ian Atkins +++

Get behind him and the team.

Negativity kills.... and it may be you next!!!!!!

Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2019, 06:17:48 am »

After seeing how well Pollock did yesterday does anyone know what has happened to Jay Williams - is he just not getting into the squads?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2019, 07:18:22 am »

'KC to T O'g on RN'. WTF, OMG. ROTFL.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2019, 07:20:19 am »

'Some of you shelf-stackers need to have someone on your shoulder, pushing you to put the sardines in with the baked beans..... and then have the supermarket customers shout at you for being an incompetent fool ......  Then, maybe, just maybe, you will understand.' I told you to tell Tesco to shove that job, Crutchless.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2019, 09:12:29 am »

Did you think their defence was exceptional - I thought Pearce was decent but the other 2 of their centre backs were poor, given their position I can only assume it was an off day? I was impressed with their lwb Benning who is exactly the kind of player you need if you are playing that system. I felt that if we’d have had morias alongside Williams it might have caused them more problems, it looks like I’m in the minority in thinking that Powell wasn’t great and Hoskins was Hoskins. I don’t want to become embroiled in the whole Cornell soap opera but it was a terrible goal to concede and his kicking was very poor again, he also seems to be too laid back at times and takes an eternity to distribute the ball - this used to be one of his strengths.
Yes I do think their defence played very well - it’s why they are at the top of the league . Ours matched them though today .
Evers , that was a goalkeeping error all day long . Simple as .
Anyone else heard the rumours of a signing for next season ?
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2019, 10:50:12 am »

Yes  .... Come in No 10,  You will be the 3rd of the generation to play at Sixfields
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2019, 11:08:43 am »

Yes I do think their defence played very well - it’s why they are at the top of the league . Ours matched them though today .
Evers , that was a goalkeeping error all day long . Simple as .

Fair enough, it’s all about opinions - like I alluded to given their league position if they were below par it was only an off day but I thought Williams gave sweeney a pretty torrid time for periods in the first half and Preston looked pretty agricultural too. It’s interesting that in the football league paper they only gave Pollock 6 out of 10 - makes you wonder who puts the reports together and if they actually watch the match. Any chance of a name of a potential signing or is it another secret?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2019, 12:41:10 pm »

Maybe I am lucky in the games that I watch.  But, I really do not get the bashing of the Cobblers players.

OK, some mistakes.  But, that is life.  Football is percentages.  You hope the oppo makes more mistakes than you.....

Some of you shelf-stackers need to have someone on your shoulder, pushing you to put the sardines in with the baked beans..... and then have the supermarket customers shout at you for being an incompetent fool ......  Then, maybe, just maybe, you will understand.

Curley-Cobblers has blooded more youth players than any previous manager.  Yet, people were calling him out for not bringing in youth.... bizarre.

People have called him out for not starting our leading scorer.  Yet, our leading scorer scores more (by minutes) starting from the bench.

If I could change anything over the summer, the order of priority is:

1). Get some fans on this board who know something about football.

2). Make the posters on this board take an IQ test.

3). Nothing else.

Given the financial state of the club, Curley-Cobblers is doing a brilliant job!  He is the new Ian Atkins +++

Get behind him and the team.

Negativity kills.... and it may be you next!!!!!!

Some good points can be found in this narrative.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2995

« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2019, 12:53:21 pm »

Fair enough, it’s all about opinions - like I alluded to given their league position if they were below par it was only an off day but I thought Williams gave sweeney a pretty torrid time for periods in the first half and Preston looked pretty agricultural too. It’s interesting that in the football league paper they only gave Pollock 6 out of 10 - makes you wonder who puts the reports together and if they actually watch the match. Any chance of a name of a potential signing or is it another secret?
One of the Mansfield lads came up to Pollock after the match and everyone was changed and congratulated him on his performance , so it was well recognised .
Other people must have heard the signing rumour and I have no inside knowledge on this one so will let others say
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2019, 13:13:41 pm »

One of the Mansfield lads came up to Pollock after the match and everyone was changed and congratulated him on his performance , so it was well recognised .
Other people must have heard the signing rumour and I have no inside knowledge on this one so will let others say

You heard the rumour, so what did you hear? It's quite simple, or did you not hear any names?
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2019, 13:56:17 pm »

After seeing how well Pollock did yesterday does anyone know what has happened to Jay Williams - is he just not getting into the squads?
Yes.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2019, 14:01:02 pm »

I thought I heard somewhere that Morgan Roberts was also injured but I may be wrong.
Wrong.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2019, 14:55:16 pm »

You heard the rumour, so what did you hear? It's quite simple, or did you not hear any names?
It didn’t come from a first hand source on this occasion but a few people had heard it . That’s why I am asking if anyone else has heard it before a name gets mentioned because I don’t want to get it wrong .
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2019, 15:24:03 pm »

It didn’t come from a first hand source on this occasion but a few people had heard it . That’s why I am asking if anyone else has heard it before a name gets mentioned because I don’t want to get it wrong .

Same old story then. You heard something but you're afraid to say it in case it's wrong  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2019, 15:26:48 pm »

And there was me thinking this was an anonymous message board designed to pass on rumours connected to the Cobblers.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2019, 15:30:18 pm »

Same old story then. You heard something but you're afraid to say it in case it's wrong  Roll Eyes
On this occasion yes which is why I am asking if anyone else has heard rumours of a signing of significance
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2019, 15:36:42 pm »

On this occasion yes which is why I am asking if anyone else has heard rumours of a signing of significance

Signing of significance? Give us a cryptic clue then or position he plays.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2019, 17:43:49 pm »

.................................. That’s why I am asking if anyone else has heard it before a name gets mentioned because I don’t want to get it wrong .

As if, your the bloke who started the rumour that spagetti grows on trees!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2019, 17:57:58 pm »

As if, your the bloke who started the rumour that spagetti grows on trees!
That was Panorama, broadcast April 1st 1957 time!
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2019, 18:06:30 pm »

Found the game boring but at least we battled away and didn't appear to be 'on the beach'.

Loved  to see Taylor dropped...I so hope he isn't here come August. And takes his petulant on pitch demeanour somewhere else.

Pollock...got to give him a run in the team now, surely. He was our best player by some margin.

I cannot see how Powell has been given mom by some people, I thought he was totally ineffective. Although his effort was commendable. Hoskins...how did he not get subbed?

Id like to see Morgan given a go in game in place of Powell against Macclesfield. Although personally, giving the game a miss. Wed booked our Easter break on the East Coast Friday-Monday, and I originally planned to head down there after the game. But given theres nothing to play for, Im struggling to justify that!  Grin

Its not an exaggeration to say that there was not one single move/phase of play by either side that was impressive. Mansfield are clearly up there by just being a well drilled hoof balling side, a Lincoln City but without the quality attackers or the incessant cheating. Fair play to them.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: