The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 00:08:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Mansfield on Saturday

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mansfield on Saturday  (Read 8061 times)
guest3264

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2019, 04:22:51 am »

Who tried to do something? Certainly not you. If you’re alluding to the Trust. To my knowledge so far, all I have seen was a small meeting at the Park Inn. That was touted as an exercise in gauging supporters opinion. It was attended by about 1.5% of the support. Of which the room was completely divided on a way forward.

Now as far as I know, there was a few spats but no massive criticism of what the Trust did. So I don’t know where you get this ridiculous “100% more stick” idea from. In fact most people, me included were/are completely supportive of any initiative that has the greater interest of the club at heart. What I don’t like, is a few self righteous muppets, who put themselves on some moral pedestal. When they have done absolutely sweet FA other than moan.

Pack in the little mummies wounded soldier act, and do something for once. You’re as boring as the rest of the state the obvious crew.. Another pound shop, keyboard revolutionary  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Zzzzzzzzzz
Totally agree!

Some on here are only 'experts' at sitting on their backsides pontificating and pressing a keyboard.....WOW!

Giving balance, I am not wonderful BUT I did buy some shares when Brian Lomax asked me. I have supported theTrust, as it is the only organisation supporters have. I have got off my backside and met KT to give him my opinion, yes praising him for certain apects BUT also pointing out criticism of areas I feel he has failed!

CERTAIN 'EXPERTS' SHOULD TRY GETTING OFF THEIR BACKSIDES AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE......however small!
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2019, 07:31:27 am »

Totally agree!

Some on here are only 'experts' at sitting on their backsides pontificating and pressing a keyboard.....WOW!

Giving balance, I am not wonderful BUT I did buy some shares when Brian Lomax asked me. I have supported theTrust, as it is the only organisation supporters have. I have got off my backside and met KT to give him my opinion, yes praising him for certain apects BUT also pointing out criticism of areas I feel he has failed!

CERTAIN 'EXPERTS' SHOULD TRY GETTING OFF THEIR BACKSIDES AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE......however small!
Those pointing out our clubs abject failure to present itself as a club worthy of such a huge catchment need to be applauded.
After 20 years of no investment from poor ownership, who it seems are only intrested in cashing in on free land,  has finally taken its toll leaving us unfit to challenge the likes of Accrington Mansfield Forest Green Stevenage etc of this world and more seriously its reported we're wracked with what looks like unsustainable debts again!
Its the so called warriors of the keyboards that are highlighting our clubs plight not those with their trousers worn out at the knees!
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2019, 11:43:00 am »

Those pointing out our clubs abject failure to present itself as a club worthy of such a huge catchment need to be applauded.
After 20 years of no investment from poor ownership, who it seems are only intrested in cashing in on free land,  has finally taken its toll leaving us unfit to challenge the likes of Accrington Mansfield Forest Green Stevenage etc of this world and more seriously its reported we're wracked with what looks like unsustainable debts again!
Its the so called warriors of the keyboards that are highlighting our clubs plight not those with their trousers worn out at the knees!

Your auto correct has amended your self aggrandisation from cowards to warriors...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2019, 13:18:16 pm »

Your auto correct has amended your self aggrandisation from cowards to warriors...
Cowards are those who have closely aligned themselves with those who they believed were here for the good of our club, but now in the face of realism, are now too scared to face the cold reality of the situation.
There are some when ask to show patience are still patiently  'wait and seeing' some 20 years later!
Wake up! If it were ever going to happen with this lot it would've happened three years back when promised.
They now don't address important issues anymore just blow their trumpets loudly at doing the small things thats fully expected of every single other club signed up to do so and get reimbursed for, such as youth teams and community work..
When Shaquel O'Neill face timed the ribbon cutting to officially open the extra bog door, I knew immediately we were in it for the long haul again, and I spoke out.

Report Spam   Logged
cobblergaz59

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2019, 14:11:49 pm »

Cowards are those who have closely aligned themselves with those who they believed were here for the good of our club, but now in the face of realism, are now too scared to face the cold reality of the situation.
There are some when ask to show patience are still patiently  'wait and seeing' some 20 years later!
Wake up! If it were ever going to happen with this lot it would've happened three years back when promised.
They now don't address important issues anymore just blow their trumpets loudly at doing the small things thats fully expected of every single other club signed up to do so and get reimbursed for, such as youth teams and community work..
When Shaquel O'Neill face timed the ribbon cutting to officially open the extra bog door, I knew immediately we were in it for the long haul again, and I spoke out.

How many more threads is this tw@t gonna hijack Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

"The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2017"
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2019, 18:07:39 pm »

How many more threads is this tw@t gonna hijack Huh?

Just thought the very same thing myself - another thread disappears down the s***ter.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2019, 18:42:37 pm »

After 20 years of no investment from poor ownership,
I must have missed us chucking cash all over the place in the mid '90s, you flat out liar.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
guest3086

« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2019, 18:58:24 pm »

I must have missed us chucking cash all over the place in the mid '90s, you flat out liar.

What a nasty thing to say. I hope you are proud of yourself.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2019, 19:04:59 pm »

Nev Ronson gave the Hotel End crush bars a new lick of paint back in the early eighties (£54.75) before penning every prog notes with; 'These are exciting times at Northampton Town, with the possibility of a brand new stadium'

What a visionary!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2019, 19:13:26 pm »

Back on track, lets post some soundbite & cliche musings...

Macclesfield will be a very different proposition from that wet but great October night in Cheshire.
In Sol Central, they have a manager who has them scrapping and fighting for league survival. They will be like a wounded animal, cornered and fighting to the death!

Expect a 1-1 draw.

R. Obvious eat your heart out!
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2019, 06:05:51 am »

The mid 90s, when football crept out of the dark ages and started reinventing the game to how we know it now, where clubs started to invest into its infrastructure to attract a whole new generation of supporters and local buisneses to work with?
Well not us, we attracted a multitude of amateur land speculators who have since strived and succeeded to keep our club back in the mid 90s.
I hope that answers your question.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2019, 10:13:11 am »

The mid 90s, when football crept out of the dark ages and started reinventing the game to how we know it now, where clubs started to invest into its infrastructure to attract a whole new generation of supporters and local buisneses to work with?
Well not us, we attracted a multitude of amateur land speculators who have since strived and succeeded to keep our club back in the mid 90s.
I hope that answers your question.
Tbf, we did get Sixfields...which at the time, certainly generated much excitement!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: