The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:29:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Macclesfield

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Macclesfield  (Read 5566 times)
spqr

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2019, 22:35:27 pm »

Those same retards stood in the pouring rain at Macclesfield on a miserable cold night in October, behind the goal too. So whilst I deplore their ungentlemanly behaviour its dog eat dog in L2!  Bet you did not even go to Macclesfield?

Back to football - would you sign their striker ?

There have been off pitch problems if you do some searches on the net. 
Report Spam   Logged
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2019, 22:40:25 pm »

It happened THREE times!!

Do Curle and his coaching team observe tactics during the game?

Hoof ball 1st half.
2nd half we tried passing to team mates through the midfield and shock football broke out!!!!

I have not seen Pep use this tactic.

Actually remember York City using the same tactic successfully against us a few years back.
Macc could have actually scored in one instance, if the final ball had been better.
KC explained his reasoning on Radio Northampton, after the game.
My personal thinking it is a calculated risk and also good to see us not being dictated to by another teams tactics.
Re the baiting of the Macc fans just cannot stand it - I remember us being in a similar position many times
Report Spam   Logged
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2019, 23:05:57 pm »

Protest march on Monday against the club hierarchy ..... Fans being treated as "second class" citizens.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2019, 00:54:36 am »

Protest march on Monday against the club hierarchy ..... Fans being treated as "second class" citizens.

There you go Trust, Random, Beds, Jolly, et al. There’s something you could get your teeth into. A good old march. You’ve got a week until the Yeovil game, to get off your keyboards and set up a march against the person that has your hackles up. I bet there would thousands up for it.   Tongue Evil

Call the Chron and get it going.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2019, 10:54:03 am »

Those same retards stood in the pouring rain at Macclesfield on a miserable cold night in October, behind the goal too. So whilst I deplore their ungentlemanly behaviour its dog eat dog in L2!  Bet you did not even go to Macclesfield?

Not sure which striker you mean? Their No 10 who had the bare faced audacity to throw a hissy fit after a blatent foul and rightly being booked...or their lively No 14 who looked quite good before being subbed?

As for the 'same retards that stood on the terrace at Macc' argument...

Yes, so was I! What a pathetically, lame, rather irrelevant pish excuse to vindicate, yes at times, retard (no won't apologize) behaviour.
Same lot who sing to Bristol Rovers and Plymouth fans ".....is a sh*t hole, I'd hate to live there". There's banter...and there's embarrassing dumbness!
Giving it to Posh, Oxford Utd, MK and so on is footie banter. Taunting the pocket of Macc fans with mind numbingly unoriginal predictability, is like dishing it out in the playground to the little kid with no mates!
Don't wish to appear patronising to Macc fans - though can see that to a fair degree it is...sorry!  Wink
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 10:55:37 am by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2019, 21:26:42 pm »

Singing to the opposition fans "You're going down" etc is part and parcel of football. We've had it sang to us many times. Don't know why people are suddenly getting all worked up about it. As it goes I would rather Macc & Yeovil go back down to non league and a traditional League club like Notts stay up. We could do our bit next week to send Yeovil down and sing about it too.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2019, 22:31:40 pm »

Had a look - Gambling issues in 2017/18. Depression - not getting into Millwall 1st team probably didn't help. No apparent alcohol issues!. At least he appears to be honest enough and deal with them. Still liked the look of him; reminded me of Hubert! Would I sign him - reckon KC could manage him well; so yes certainly worth a punt. However other Clubs looking at him!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2019, 22:36:36 pm »

Not sure which striker you mean? Their No 10 who had the bare faced audacity to throw a hissy fit after a blatent foul and rightly being booked...or their lively No 14 who looked quite good before being subbed?

As for the 'same retards that stood on the terrace at Macc' argument...

Yes, so was I! What a pathetically, lame, rather irrelevant pish excuse to vindicate, yes at times, retard (no won't apologize) behaviour.
Same lot who sing to Bristol Rovers and Plymouth fans ".....is a sh*t hole, I'd hate to live there". There's banter...and there's embarrassing dumbness!
Giving it to Posh, Oxford Utd, MK and so on is footie banter. Taunting the pocket of Macc fans with mind numbingly unoriginal predictability, is like dishing it out in the playground to the little kid with no mates!
Don't wish to appear patronising to Macc fans - though can see that to a fair degree it is...sorry!  Wink

The trouble is you called them Retards which is ungentlemanly! Even to you two wrongs don't make a right Wink
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2019, 22:48:41 pm »

Singing to the opposition fans "You're going down" etc is part and parcel of football. We've had it sang to us many times. Don't know why people are suddenly getting all worked up about it. As it goes I would rather Macc & Yeovil go back down to non league and a traditional League club like Notts stay up. We could do our bit next week to send Yeovil down and sing about it too.

Grin You a re trying to wind up our No 1 , Pub aficionado & PC Officer Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2019, 08:47:03 am »

Looked good to me: decent hold up play and took the goal well. Definitely the kind of striker we need.

I actually think Daniel Powell might be better suited to playing as a striker rather than as a winger, where his deficiencies in crossing and tracking back are less of an issue. At times this season he has shown a decent degree of composure and his pace is a threat at this level.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 10:22:18 am by bungle » Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2019, 13:42:57 pm »

Looked good to me: decent hold up play and took the goal well. Definitely the kind of striker we need.

I actually think Daniel Powell might be better suited to playing as a striker rather than as a winger, where his deficiencies in crossing and tracking back are less of an issue. At times this season he has shown a decent degree of composure and his pace is a threat at this level.

Daniel Powell is better suited to playing in the conference - which is where he will be next season with any luck
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2019, 14:04:18 pm »

Had a look - Gambling issues in 2017/18. Depression - not getting into Millwall 1st team probably didn't help. No apparent alcohol issues!. At least he appears to be honest enough and deal with them. Still liked the look of him; reminded me of Hubert! Would I sign him - reckon KC could manage him well; so yes certainly worth a punt. However other Clubs looking at him!
1 in 4. Is that enough considering our top scorer left in January and not been replaced? Also bit worried it would just encourage us to hoof it more.
Report Spam   Logged
Teyn and proud

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2019, 20:04:56 pm »

Like everbrite I like the look of Smith 9 goals in a struggling team he’s got attitude  he’s 23 years of age I think with the right service he’ll score a shed load of goals  and his hold up play looked quite good as well  KC get him before somebody else does
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: